Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84677/godslayers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>No Anime Allowed
Try to stop me.

>GM allows core races only
>"Why do you always pick human?!!"
Human is a core race, why is he complaining?

>page 4
>fucked up the OP

He wants you to pick Dorf or some shit

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane (Apps end in about 2 weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84677/godslayers (Apps end in two months)

Why haven't you made a Ties of Blood character for intrigue yet, /pfg/?
You do know that incest is the purest form of love, right?

t. Kawase

What the fuck happened to the promised Ensoulment greentexts?

Ensoulment 'boozled.

Because Kawase is a fucking meme and I don't want to associate with him

Wouldn't you making a Ties of Blood character put you into competition with him then? You probably wouldn't be both accepted.

Unique traits, tho.
By using Ties of Blood, you can make sure he doesn't get in!

Only if he makes a good one
Not hard mind, seeing as Kawase hasn't done anything with the app.

Quick! Post your review on the Fiendish Intrigue apps!

>page 4 and a shitty OP with no actual content or discussion
Congrats, you are now even more cancerous than Page 7 animefag. Please convert to.Islam, build a suicide vest, find Anime OP, and kill the both of yourselves so that the world may be a better place

>Please convert to.Islam
The All-Highest be praised!

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Sure, why not, I'll do a few shitposty reviews. I won't include myself in the list because I don't want to review myself. Avatar up on this post for the same reason, will use pictures of reviewed characters on further posts.
1. Adhara Elmizar Pleione, NG Angelic Aasimar Cleric of Sarenrae
2. Kadaya Vasetu/Kayani, TN/CN Yokai Kitsune Tesatsu Vigilante
3. Adalbert Oaktree, LN Human Wyvern Rider Dread VMC Cavalier
4. Eris Stiretsi/Pepper, NG/TN Elf Empiricist Investigator/Warlock Vigilante
5. Salus Astrom, CN Fetchling Mesmerist
6. Darvan Hender, CN Tiefling Living Legend Soulknife
7. Grigori 'The Feather' Vintali, CN Human Aegis/Ghostblade Soulknife
8. Septimus "Sevens" Calcoletti, LN Human Untouchable Rager/Primalist Bloodrager
9. Embry Winespeckle, NG Human Shadow Pact Avowed
10. Patricius Sloan, CN Bladebound/Kensai Magus

Rolled 8 (1d10)

>Septimus "Sevens" Calcoletti, LN Human Untouchable Rager/Primalist Bloodrager
Needs proofreading, typos in the text made it unpleasant to read. Formatting is also odd.
Being a sort of "null" while being expected to show great arcane prowess is a neat high concept, I like that.
The writing is desperate for improvement - it doesn't flow well, I had to reread chunks several times to comprehend what was going on.
Overall:
>Pros: I think the concept is solid. The idea is interesting, and you didn't go into the common pitfalls like being the brooding nerd in the dark corners. The character looks decently fun.
>Cons: The writing and the formatting need a lot of help. Furthermore, as a more serious problem, I'm not sure how well he'd work with a theme of intrigue, given that his backstory is more fitting for a straight up adventurer.

Lemme see who's next.

lol

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Welp, that's a reroll.

Yeah, scrapping him anyways.

That's a cute girl you have there, where is he from?

Rolled 10 (1d10)

>Darvan Hender, CN Tiefling Living Legend Soulknife

The most normalguy app on the list. I also feel somewhat obligated to be particularly harsh due to this being in a duo app with me.
It's mediocre and that's about all I can say about the app.
It doesn't have any glaring drawbacks, but the lack of appealing traits is the biggest problem here.
He doesn't seem to have any goals or aspirations, just pretty much a burnt out student, feels like a millennial who Isekai'd into Cheliax and got a mindblade desu.
Overall:
>Pros: None.
>Cons: None.
The lack of strong identity is a big problem for this app.

Prunus Girl.

I have to go away for a bit before continuing with this one.
TO BE CONTINUED

Rolled 7 (1d10)

>Patricius Sloan, CN Bladebound/Kensai Magus
The writing is physically painful to read, sentence structure is arbitrary as fuck.
The part about the magic blade is particularly jank and feels like much could be improved about it.
Otherwise, the character feels solid and a good fit for both the setting and the premise.
Overall:
>Pros: The character seems like a really good fit for the campaign, striking the head on the head.
>Cons: The writing is really hard to read, the segment about acquiring a talking blade feels odd and off-beat
Pretty good overall, if he fixes the problems I have with him mentioned above, I expect him to get in, barring stuff like timeslot nonsense. But, as is, the problems seem significant.

NEXT

Rolled 6 (1d6)

>Grigori 'The Feather' Vintali, CN Human Aegis/Ghostblade Soulknife
>herolab sheet
>2017
He has all the same problems as Darvan Hender outlined here:
I just don't really see anything interesting about the character other than courtesan's kit on a male character memes.
The hook to Elvargian being extremely shaky doesn't help either.

NEXT
New list to avoid duplicates:
6. Embry Winespeckle, NG Human Shadow Pact Avowed

Don't forget to refresh

Rolled 1 (1d5)

All in all, I like it.
Barmaids make for pretty fun PC's, the pitch is fun and interesting.
One thing that puzzles me is how would Karvane know about her secret?
While an explicit answer to that isn't necessary, a few hints could be great.
And, again, like many other apps, the lack of aspiration hurts her. Why would she want to intrigue without having aspirations of her own?
Overall:
>Pros: Solid pitch, pretty enjoyable overall
>Cons: Plot hole regarding Karvane's apparent omniscience would be helped by fixing it. Additionally, she doesn't seem to have aspirations of her own, which are kind of necessary in an intrigue game.

NEXT

Did so.

>Adhara Elmizar Pleione, NG Angelic Aasimar Cleric of Sarenrae
Overall:
>Pros: Great tits.
>Cons: Lack of anything else.

I wanted to continue further, but Captcha just killed my will to live by requiring about 10 prompts in a row.
I'm sorry, that's it for today, folks.

MOST FUN ARCANE CASTING CLASS
>Bard
MOST FUN DIVINE CASTING CLASS
>Inquisitor
MOST FUN PSYCHIC CASTING CLASS
>Occultist

Can we all agree that casters who go to 6 were the only thing that wasn't a mistake yet?

Most fun noncaster is Unchained Rogue

>Great tits

I've seen better.

They're the best out of Intrigue apps so far tbqh.

Probably why Adhara will get into the game anyways.
We know how /pfg/ games go. 4 sluts and a twink. Every. Single. Time.

The lack of chesty femme fatales or black widows for a campaign about intrigue and subterfuge is a little concerning!

Honestly most of the apps don't fit the tone.
Most are just random adventurers

As per usual, a quick rundown of the apps made me realize the people who didn't "get it" the most were the male apps.

Not every time. Sometimes it's a six person party, for some goddamn reason.

I never understood why people do that, four high-powered people is trouble enough, but six?

Yeah, but I'm about to scrap my character and go Psychic Searcher Oracle with the Intrigue Mystery.

Wrong asshole it's Magus, Warpriest and Phantom Blade Spiritualist because whacking people at the same time as casting your spells is radical

>me getting into anything with my abysmal schedule
Haha now there's a laugh

>implying /pfg/ parties aren't just the GM picking the overlewd
>implying that's not why they fall apart all the timw-

He still has to find other people willing to play on weekends only, probably without a mic, and deal with (as whoever the fuck keeps reporting on me says) "a shitter that doesn't use quotation marks".

Starfinder When?

Playing with a mic is superior to without one though.

This, text sucks ass.

Yeah except his preferred time is literally wee hours for me, and I dorm over weekends.

Sure, for you, but I was born with a rare medical condition that prevents me from speaking because my mouth doesn't open. I have to eat and drink through a tube that runs through my nose, and you don't even want to know the hell that is getting sick and throwing up. I can't play games over voice, but my fingers work just fine.

All that's a lie but my point is some people like text more and that's fine. Liking voice is fine too, but neither one is better. It's just an opinion.

>want to play around with the Strange Magic classes and Ultimate Herbalism
>no one ever has games where they're allowed because nobody uses them
>no GM experience so can't run Strange Magic game

So this is what bored Epic Wizards do after they've gotten tired of Wish and their Elder Lilith sex slaves are getting boring.

Lewd game doesn't work with mic, user. No one wants to hear your autistic moaning

Mythweavers has two different types of Pathfinder character sheets. There's the "Pathfinder" sheet and the "Pathfinder [Experimental]" sheet. Which one is better?

Experimental is better.
The regular one is for 3.5 nostalgia fags.

I was just comparing the two sheets and was about to write the experimental sheet off as obviously inferior because I couldn't see a section for spells. Then I noticed there's a checkbox at the top for whether the character is a caster or not, which toggles an extra page for spells on and off. That's pretty neat, it means I don't have to have an empty page for all the spells my Barbarian doesn't know hanging on to the end of his sheet. There's also room for more feats/class features (72 instead of 60) and spells (120 instead of 66) on the experimental sheet, which is nice since I always worry about eventually running out of room on digital sheets.

IMO, the experiment sheet also looks nicer. The regular PF sheet on Mythweavers is pretty uggo. The only perk I can really say it has over the experimental version is that it displays your character portrait on the first page, instead of the third or fourth page like the experimental one does.

Experimental one calculates AC incorrectly for certain purposes but has a fuckoff huge spell list that you might need as a caster.

>experiment sheet looks nicer, regular one is ugly
Are you one of those people who thinks bubbles and huge spacing looks nice?

It's less that the bubbles and spacing looks nice and more that the regular sheet just looks bad. I really hate the front page, with the big stack of thick, black lines in the middle of it.

Really? The reason I use the regular sheet is because the experimental one looks unbearably fucking ugly to me (and because, as a prepared caster most of the time I play casters, there's not enough room on either sheet anyway)

What do you do for your spells once you've run out of room? Just type out a list of them all that you send to the DM when you're done?

Keep it in a pastebin generally speaking, or a notebook I keep at my side since I'm not a big enough cheater to just change the spells I know. I mean consider the number of spells a Wizard 10 knows by default (cantrips, 7 free 1spells, 18 other spells), then consider that he's going to be copying at least three times that number if the DM isn't going full "no scrolls exist".
The ones you have actually prepared you generally have enough room for anyway.

Anyone got the link to Vult's fey healer class? Someone told me it got revised and I want to see if its worth trying to app with.

>calculates AC incorrectly
For which purposes?

Misc. bonus to AC isn't added to Touch AC.

Whats wrong with kawase?

Both games look boring for different reasons.

First concept is a lot cooler to me

First concept is definitely better, yeah.

Yes, I'm doing work on Godslayer game. It's going to require a lot of it, which is why the 2 months. And making 20 level gestalts with 10 mythic levels is not just time consuming, it will also take tweaking.

The scenario is technically a one-shoot, but it may take 3-10 or so sessions to run unles everyone decides "fuck it, 12 hour game marathon": which is unlikely.

You an adjust it manually, however. You kind of have to for monks.

Specifically 'm doing work on it this weekend. Afteer I sleep. Because 72 hours awake is annoying.

Well then, I guess I know what I'm working on!

I look forward to maybe being in a party with you! It sounds like a cool background befitting the power level of the campaign.

Unlike Fighters, Primary Casters have Will as a good save, and also unlike Fighters, Primary Casters can simply reapply their buffs. Or have Aroden's Spellbane set up specifically for Mage's Disjunction or Antimagic Field.

Does the bonus on attack rolls for higher ground apply when neither creature is actually on the ground? Like if they're both flying or swimming, but one is above the other.

What do you want out of it, matey?

Games! Fun!

>items use the possessors will save bonus
>not the will save total, just the bonus
>because all items make the saves individually as items
>all spells automatically cancelled
>including all the caster's buffs and defenses
Hmmmm.

It's been just confirmed the owner of d20pfsrd will make a starfinder srd after gencon.
The url will be starfindersrd.com, though it's not up yet.

>mfw the build is beginning to sink in
>mfw Zealot is actually kind of trash

Too bad! You'll get Casterfans trying to fix the magic system by bringing in Wizards and all their high level spells!

And only their pet DMPC will have access to it!

I bet a lot of people will be rocking trash builds probably myself included since so few of us have experience with making or playing 20th level Mythic 10 gestalt characters.

SHUT UP.

Technically yes.By RAW, if you are above your opponent and in melee you get the bonus, if you are above your opponent and he is prone and at range, he gets the onus.

Also, I hate that everyone uses prone to indicate lying down. sometimes you're supine, not prone!

What if I made a Level 20 Adept with 10 ranks in Hierophant for Godslayer?

If you mean the NPC class...don't.

Then you'd have access to Heal at a lower spell level than anybody else in the game!

You were chasing after the big bad to stop his nefarious plans, then you see this on the horizon. Wat do /pfg/

Zealot isn't the archetypes are, in varying degrees, for giving up the good stuff.

Look at all that stuff you pick up as a zealot, which is stuffed with loads of features, and think about how they'd all be used together.

For one thing, collective means people don't die when killed. It also allows you to cheat range on maneuvers when it comes to targeting allies.

I want to do it

I send 120 of my Simulacra to stop it.

No cheating.

On the contrary, it's entirely rules-legal.

I define munchkinry as cheating, and we know that's munchkinry.

Change bearing by 30 degrees, fire salvo from collosal +3 distance, cyclonic, sonic boom thark rifles. If that isn't effective then I command the same from the Colossal Hotchkiss 6 pounders. If that doesn't work then I command the same for the colossal rocket launchers. If all those failed then switch to cruiser mode and zoop out of there with 1+ mile a round fly speed

>Look at all that stuff you pick up as a zealot, which is stuffed with loads of features, and think about how they'd all be used together.

>Stuffed with "features"
>Safety net and ability to use maneuvers beyond 200 feet

Pick up a psicrystal and use echoes of steel to give it your favorite Golden lion maneuver that grants you a move action.

Congrats, now you can double the number of maneuvers you can recover.

What about Void Prophet?

Possibly today, a short one since last session was entirely dialog and traveling. Wild Surge wanted some time to draw a picture to accompany it, I think.

It's more an issue of me trying to find what this class does better than the Warder, Warlord or even Harbinger.

The one listed was just an example. If you take an archetype to trade out the other good things they have going such as missions, recovery options, compartmentalized aid, zeal, then it isn't really fair to then say 'where the fee-fees at?'

Void prophet is worse than Discordant crusader because of the recovery method. If you can get that DC to force people into the collective high, then it's alright good. Otherwise, you are not going to recover maneuvers period. If you don't fight in long slogs that require it then you can still be alright though; but, considering the number of abilities that would be shut down from not having collective enemies it still isn't preferable if you wanted to offset the loss of your missions.

Have you ever used 2hu-inspired monsters/NPCs? Or played a 2hu-inspired character?