/STG/ - Star Trek General

Comfiest Era Edition

Previous Thread A thread for discussing the Star Trek franchise and its various tabletop iterations.

Possible topics include Star Trek Adventures - the new rpg being produced by Modiphius - and WizKids’ Star Trek: Attack Wing miniatures game, as well as the previous rpgs produced by FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, the Starfleet Battles Universe, and Star Trek in general.

Game Resources

Star Trek Adventures, Modiphius’ 2d20 RPG
-Official Modiphius Page
>modiphius.com/star-trek.html
Playtest Materials (via Biff Tannen)
>mediafire.com/folder/36m6c22co6y5m/Modiphius Star Trek Adventures
Reverse Engineered Character Creation.
>docs.google.com/document/d/1g2ofDX0-7tgHojjk7sKcp7uVFSK3M52eVP45gKNJhgY/edit?usp=sharing
Core Rulebook
>IN NEED OF NEW LINKS

Older Licensed RPGs (FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher)
>pastebin.com/ndCz650p

Other (Unlicensed) RPGS (Far Trek + Lasers and Feelings)
>pastebin.com/uzW5tPwS

WizKids’ Star Trek: Attack Wing Miniatures Game
-Official WizKids Page (Rules and Player Resources)
>wizkids.com/attackwing/star-trek-attack-wing/

GF9games Star Trek: Ascendancy Board Game
-Official Page
>startrek.gf9games.com/

Lore Resources

Memory Alpha - Canon wiki
>en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Memory Beta - Noncanon wiki for licensed Star Trek works
>memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Fan Sites - Analysis of episodes, information on ships, technobabble and more
>pastebin.com/mxLWAPXF

Star Trek Maps - Based on the Star Trek Star Charts, updated and corrected
>startrekmap.com/index.html

/stg/ Homebrew Content
>pastebin.com/H1FL1UyP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tQcLLfzzKWA&t=906s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If someone was to buy or somehow by legal means acquire an old ship or small number of old ships and go around handing over information to promising looking primitives and managed to uplift quite a few of them what would the UFP actually do to them and their new friends?

Give them a stern talking to at worst, likely. The Prime Directive is, as far as I'm aware, strictly a Starfleet thing; it doesn't apply to civilians and it sure as hell doesn't apply to non-Federation individuals/species. They wouldn't like it, but it is unlikely they would be capable (in a legal sense) of intervening.

Since the UFP is basically the space EU, probably give them a sternly worded letter, try and condemn them but fail because a few member worlds couldn't be bothered, and then ignore them.

>inertial dampeners or no, going from relativistically static momentum to 100s of times the speed of light in an instant isn't good for your shuttle or your health.
Inertia isn't the problem, since a ship at warp isn't actually going that fast, relative to the space-time around it. It would be the crazy space-time geometry differences immediately around the ship that would probably be bad for a shuttle, if it didn't have a way of warping space-time itself.
Which fortunately it would, since that's how even impulse engines work.

I don't know if anyone else ever read the old novelization of Balance of Terror, but it talked about previously encountered Romulan ships.
It mentioned them as being cylindrical and I was wondering if they were made up of a single nacelle.

Romulans would have had Vulcan derived ring ships before the nacelle era.

It was written back when the Romulans were supposed to have built their early empire without warp drive.
Then they decided to change that with Enterprise so I was considering designs that combined elements of both.

There's always this... thing. It's been rejigged a bit to operate as a drone ship, so maybe it looked more cylindrical before that?

the Museum has them following a similar but different design trend to the human vessel of the era; tube-like is there but not the same as the space-dildos.

Best bridge?

Excelsior under Sulu

"Chowder."

Presumably the fleet intel guy who named this thing was awfully hungry.

Tell me about that Star Trek novel/novel series that you'll never write, /stg/

Story about a science vessel just off fucking around the edges of the Alpha or Beta Quadrants with the occasional return to a starbase for maintenance. Little to no combat, only rare first contact shit.

The focus would be the character interactions and the slow descent into near madness each mission out brings the crew since it will be months before they see another human face save that asshole from Engineering who banged Ensign Dennis and then skipped out on going steady with her because he decided to try and go after Lieutenant T'Lis and other shit like that.

It's shit for practicality, but I can't not drool over VOY's bridge and interior design overall

>wanting a Star Trek Soap Opera
How far we've fallen

A crew of older warhorses on an Excelsior, the USS Perseus, who were totally prepared for the Klingon Cold War to go hot in 2293. Flash forward a decade later to 2303, and the Federation is experiencing a period of nearly unprecedented peace/detente ... with the major factions. Without a pair of big boys forcing everyone to keep their heads down to prevent getting turned into catspaws, the Medusae Sector has turned into a flashpoint of military juntas fighting over resources. For every one put down, another two pop up. The theme would be a mix of world weariness/the transition to a peacetime Starfleet as the crew realizes that fighting these little juntas isn't doing anyone any favors and this would have been the future they chose.

My ideal end to the series would be a 2370s look at the area from a formerly junior officer's perspective as the Medusae sector is now an island of peace in the middle of the Dominion War.

I had an idea for a story set after the end of Voyager called "All Quiet on the Laurentian Front."

The premise was that the Federation was at war with the Klingon Empire. We follow the crew of the USS Chieftain, a Nova class starship that's being used as a force-recon ship by Starfleet intelligence. The Klingons have, all of a sudden, gone quiet. It's up to the Chieftain to figure out why.

I actually wrote an amount of it, before I adapted the idea into my own setting. I've since refined the story to such an extent that it's essentially an entirely separate narrative.

"Number one, im home!"
>Que laugh track

I mean, you do know that Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis suggested a sitcom called "At Home with the Rikers" with that kind of premise, set on the Titan. With Worf as the stern uncle and babysitter. Right?

This.

I'd like ENT's more if it was properly full of extras like the TOS bridge. Always felt a bit empty even though it was all cramped up.

As a matter of fact i didn't know.

Soap opera, not sitcom. So it would be more like.

>"Oh I love you, Chell"
>Bolian looks guilty
>"But I'm actually in love with the captain"
>*Que dramatic music. "Dramatic" as in east ended drums or some such

Jesus christ, I can't decide whether this would be horrific or glorious. If I remember some of Titan in Beta Canon correctly, it would make great sitcom material if you got rid of all the holier-than-thou preachery.

>"Captain! I think im pregnant and you're the father!"

>dramatic 5 second scan with a tricorder later
>"No, this is not my child. But rather, it is Ensign Ricky's"
>"But he's been dead for five years and I never slept with him!"

>science officer:
>"Captain, I believe he may not be dead but merely out of phase and displaced in time, and the corpse we saw was merely a time-echo"
>"that doesn't explain how he got me pregnant"'

This uses interior nacelles because it doesn't have to worry about giving the crew super-cancer

>"True"
>Dramatic reveal
>"It was I."
>"Ensign Ricky!?"
>"No, i am his identical twin, Billy"
>"But it still doesn't make sense! When did we ever have sex?"
>"Last week while you were stranded on the holodeck and your brainwaves got scrambled, i helped you and we got romantically involved. Unfortunately, as soon as the holodeck was fixed, your brain patterns returned to normal and your memories were locked out of your mind"
>"But, why are you then here, Billy? Why are you aboard this ship?"
>"It was originally to avenge my brothers death, but as i learned that he was simply out of phase, i have worked since then to create conditions on the holodeck to bring him back to phase"

>After bringing Ricky back
>"I am sorry but it really is my child, not Billy's, you see, Billy was rendered sterile years ago by a radiation leak that I caused by accident. Consumed by guilt and knowledge of Billy's burning desire to have a child, I was also there during that time on the Holodeck, having realised the adjustments he had made only worked on de-phasing particles that left my body".

>Billy points a phaser at Ricky
>"You idiot. I'm not your brother. I'm a Tal Shiar agent here to stop you from ever reporting your stolen Romulan secrets."
>Billy hesitates
>"But I can't kill you. For you see I'm in love with the mother of your unborn child! The feeling I experience on the holodeck were real. And she would never forgive me if I hurt you."

That could be quite fun. A bunch of retired officers and civilian spacefarers who consider the Prime Directive to be a huge heap of moral cowardice shit for the UFP to hide behind and pontificate about how enlightened they are to let others grub around in pestilence and scarcity.

Maybe they found what was once a nice sort of idealized and romanticized 1940s minus the wars in the grips of an outbreak of hyper-ebola or super black death or some shit and the UFP refuses to do anything even covertly because "lulz muh cozmic plan eks dee".

So a small private convoy consisting of two patched up Pioneers, a half dead Daedalus, an Oberth stuffed full of cargo containers in the hollow space and what might have once been an NX but now has a bolted on secondary hull underneath the saucer and an antiquated Vulcan ring drive strapped on the back where good honest nacelles should be.

Their mission? Cure the epidemic and help the poor bastards rebuild something of their lives as one galactic neighbor to another. Because fuck the UFP bureaucrats who can't see past their 27B Stroke 6 triplicate forms.

By the time Star Fleet turn up they are already setting up treatment and study centers across the planet, the masquerade is broken, the primitives know they are not alone in the inky blackness.

And that's where the game would start.

For now the primitives think that the UFP is alright because these wonderful spacefellows are from the UFP and have not told them that the UFP were content to watch them die because lulz lesser peoples.

To complicate matters the nausicaans followed the Star Feet ships and as this is now no longer an uncontacted world Star Fleet don't feel obligated to protect it from Space Somalians because lulz not our problem again but for different reasons.

So it's time to defend a plague ravaged semi-post-apocalypse world from Space Marauders with antique barely functional ships and mostly 1940s weaponry.

And then everything blows up in their face and it turns out they've ruined everything despite their best intents, thus proving why the Prime Directive exists in the first place, right?

Not unless they truly fuck up and revert to murderhoboing.

Beaming down to a world suffering a super plague, cooking up anti-plague, distributing it freely and evenly and assisting in the rebuilding with super spaceman know how to rid a world of pestilence, famine and internal armed conflicts so that all can live free and happy is not a bad thing. It is being the neighbors Mr Rodgers believed we could be. Are you going to be the one to turn your back on Mr Rodgers?

Bonus objective could be trying to convince the UFP that adhering to the Prime Directive like sacrosanct holy writ to the exclusion of common sense is he sort of dogmatic death of reason thinking that they are supposed to be against.

There are so many complications I can think of if following that path.

Perhaps not ruining everything but certainly a constant, hard battle to keep what seemed like doing the right, compassionate thing from horrifically distorting. Potentially generations of continual work ahead of any group that tries to solve something like that through direct interference.

keep in mind just about every captain in every series (barring archer) has had to deal with this sort of nonsense and the general consensus on the Prime Directive has been 'you can't just uplift people willy nilly but its moral cowardice to allow a species to go extinct/be enslaved' etc.

usually intervention by another species is an excuse to get involved for instance.

>thus proving why the Prime Directive exists in the first place, right?

I can't remember but has that ever actually happened? All the episodes I can remember are of the "Starfleet could effortlessly avert catastrophic but won't, until at the last moment some loop hole lets the Enterprise intervene after all or sneaky crew member or passenger does it and gets a stern talking to about how terrible it is that they saved countless lives with minimal effort and no negative repercussions ever made evident.

The later shows totally fucked up the Prime Directive. TOS was pretty adamant that Starfleet and UFP personnel do their utmost to not interfere with the development of a species, unless one of two things happened. First, that the Culture was sufficiently advanced to send a distress call into outer space asking for some sort of help or could detect the UFP ship and make contact. The second option was if the planet/culture was already "contaminated" by an offworld species, however Starfleet couldn't provide Warp technology or any that the locals didn't already possess. Tl;dr: Noninterference without cause. Later on, the writers dropped the second and third words without thinking about the ramifications.

pretty much, Kirk was more reasonable about it. If he encountered a species dying of a super plague he'd assess whether or not they were at risk of going extinct and if they were he'd have Spock and Bones build some kind of antigen bomb and set it off in their atmosphere to spread the cure around the planet. No contact with the species, they get to survive and develop, and the prime noninterference directive isn't violated.

youtube.com/watch?v=tQcLLfzzKWA&t=906s

I'm getting tired of people acting like the Federation is completely reprehensible because of one terribly-written season 7 TNG episode and taking one season 2 TNG episode completely out of context. It's like arguing that all forms of transwarp are stupid because Threshold happened.

Federation allows for violations of the Prime Directive in extreme situations so long as the captain and crew do their best to minimize interference. Remember that it was mentioned Picard had violated the Prime Directive something like 9 times by the time Drumhead happened, yet he's still considered one of the finest captains in Starfleet history and worthy of commanding the Federation's flagship. It's extremely easy and within canon to write the Federation as being reasonable when it comes to extreme circumstances. So if some kind of plague happens that will cause everyone on a planet to die, do something like going undercover and covertly slip the cure to a medial facility with nobody noticing who you really are, instead of flying in like a bunch of space gods bringing your magical healing to the masses so you can be worshipped.

I'm a big fan of the Yesterday's Enterprise version of the Enterprise D bridge. Practicality be damned, i think it looks good.

I like the idea of more consoles. By all accounts, the 24th century UFP ship has the ability to shift functions across the entire bridge, so I'd like it for spare seating and fighter coordination. Imagine a Galaxy class that traded the science bays in the saucer for enough bays to launch 72 Peregrines?

...did they make a trek series focused around a marie sue?

I remember seeing an RPG supplement back in 2001 for a Galaxy class set up as a carrier with extra space set aside for more craft.
Mind you it was supposed to carry a scaled down version of the Defiant class.

Fucking. This.

I hardly see how it's an unfair to judge the PD to be shit in TNG when the two episodes written to show it as a main plot point show it, or at least TNG era Star Fleet's dogmatic adherence to it, to be shit.

That's even without going into RIker and his muh cosmic plan.

Because you're judging the Federation by your own headcanon. There is no dogmatic adherence. Exceptions are permitted. For every one episode where the plot is adhering to the Prime Directive, there are half a dozen more where the Prime Directive is violated for reasonable reasons, with the captain and crew suffering no repercussions because the dogmatic adherence you claim simply does not exist.

"There can be no justice so long as laws are absolute."

>There is no dogmatic adherence

Except when that atmosphere of a planet was blowing off and they could have save a fair few hundred of the locals and helped them settle on some other world.

Instead we get Picard standing on the bridge refusing to do jack shit pontificating about how noble and righteous they are to be doing nothing. Worf's less cowardly brother tried to do something and managed to save a handful but it's probable that there isn't enough genetic variety in a single small tribal group of what looked like 20 individuals at most to perpetuate further than a few generations assuming that they can learn to survive quickly on a new world.

This would have happened a 2nd time with Data's friend's people but Picard was swayed by feelings rather than making a conscious moral between right and wrong.

Which just brings me back to my point: you're judging based on one poorly written episode when the rest of the franchise says otherwise. Why must that one single episode be what you rigidly adhere to? Why not Justice or Who Watches The Watchers, or any of the other episodes where exceptions are made?

Because neither of those episodes were high stakes.

One was effected a single village of what were probably the regressed descendants of Vulcan castaways and so the PD shouldn't have applied for the same reason it didn't for Masterpiece Society and Up The Long Ladder.

The other would have resulted, at worst, in Wesley getting killed. No loss there.

They were not extinction level events.

The stakes are completely irrelevant. Plenty of episodes have broken the Prime Directive. The Federation has been cool with it because of extreme circumstances.

You shit on Pen Pals because you think Picard is "muh feels" but the fact is at the end of the day they violated the Prime Directive to save an alien species and the Federation was fine with it. You cling desperately to one single episode because it's the only one that appeases your headcanon.

Wait, where did you get that picture? I've looked around for a decent model of the YE bridge before, to no avail.

I'm not clinging to anything. If the crew of Picard's Enterprise is meant to be the best of Star Fleet then we can assume that their captain's interpretation of the PD is the best that a Star Fleet officer can have.

In Justice he fight tooth and nail to save a single person. Homeward he just stands there and lets a world die.

In Pen Pal's he absolutely does get an attack of muh feelz as he had just told Data to turn the radio off and then the little girl says that she is scared and he changes his mind. I'm not saying he made the wrong decision, I'm saying his method of reaching it was bad.

In the episode with the drug dealers lolz can't help an entire planetary population with it's withdrawal pains because muh PD. An entire planet of crack addicts going cold turkey. Holy shit the death count is going to be in the millions at least. And this was a spacefaring society.

The application of it is all over the place, adhered to strictly when it's extremely detrimental to do so and broken/bent for more trivial things.

>If the crew of Picard's Enterprise is meant to be the best of Star Fleet then we can assume that their captain's interpretation of the PD is the best that a Star Fleet officer can have.
Yet there are plenty of episodes where Picard and/or members of his crew disagree with official Federation policy. Why? Because everyone is mortal and flawed. But the Federation is still ultimately well meaning. They're fine with problems being solved as long as it's done with as much care as possible.

Then I'm probably just annoyed at the inconsistent writing and lack of any sort of forethought the writers were putting into making it seem cohesive.

So's everyone else when it comes to inconsistent writing. But it's simple to try and stay consistent with the broader picture instead of nitpicking over individual episodes. "DAE THE FEDERATION WAS EVIL/INCOMPETENT ALL ALONG!?!?!?" just strikes me as lazy hack writing when there's a thousand ways you can explore the Prime Directive without going down that route.

Recommend Arrival, it's basically if a certain spoilery book were a good Trek episode.

Kirk also convinced Landru to self-destruct, setting a precedent that a stagnant culture can be fucked with.

Second attempt at a fast short range scout ship.
After previous feedback decided to base the main hull off the Sydney class this time.

>and mostly 1940s weaponry.
On a personal basis these seem to be largely superior to beam weapons.

Would be fairly amusing to see a nausicaan raider looking at a revolver, or revolver like weapon, and thinking "fuck it, I've tanked a Feddie stun setting before now" just before a chunk of lung exists the exit wound.

>and taking one season 2 TNG episode completely out of context.
The one where they can keep that planet from blowing up without anyone knowing but they don't until Data inexplicably contacts one of them?
That shit was inexcusable.

Stage 9. Its a virtual model of the Enterprise D

Just rewatched Yesterday's Enterprise. God what a fucking good episode. The internal changes to the Enterprise. The subtle addition of a gun holster to the standard uniform. The design of the Enterprise C.
But most importantly, the changes to the characters. The obvious antagonism between Picard and Riker. The absence of Troi. The subdued, detacthed Crusher. The lack of social development for Data. That's some really good writing and direction.

>The absence of Troi.
Excuse me while I laugh my head off because I never noticed her missing before.

Anyone have pic related for TNG?

>TNG

You watch every single episode

Here you go.

I already have, I just like the little spoiler-free synopses.
Thanks fampai.

I have the rest, here they are.

Oh fugg, I don't have the Animated Series one.
Does it even exist?

It does not. I'm about 50% done with a full Voyager one and, honestly, it's a bit harrowing. I have no intention of doing one for TAS so if anyone else wants to bear that cross, feel free.

I'll do it, but I'm a bit more forgiven than these seem to be.
I liked the Mudd episodes, for instance, and think he's not a bad guy.

*forgiving

Oh, and I've never used photoshop in my life, so I'll just link to a Google doc with the info and someone else can do it. It's only two seasons.

I would suggest bumping Dramatis Personae up to okay.

Move along home had a decent premise. It's a shame they couldn't do anything better with it. The fact that the actors hated it didn't really help matters.

Nana Visitor was okay with it.
Ironic considering Kira's attitude.

Dramatis Personae should be "the one where Sisko gets his weird clock sextant thing."

Ran my first session of ST:A. One player had to drop out before it started, but it ended up going really smoothly. Was running a combat oriented mission out of the USS Thunderchild, players were the boarding crew and commanders of a fighter squadron.

Update: We just found out that all four players, by sheer coincidence, chose the "grew up on a farm and rebelled" origin.

Right So the Star Trek one shot finished up.

Dramatis Personae:

Commander Air Group Surin
Summary: Vulcan Rebel who rejects her culture and joined star fleet.

Lieutenant Junior Grade Ankh
Summary: Tellarite scientist/medic, cynical. Survivor of wolf 359

Lieutenant Commander Scharn
Summary: Andorian Engineer, by the book.

Lieutenant Stone:
Summary: Human Security officer, good old boy, wold 359 survivor, carries a sword everywhere.

Now, we're all crew members on the Thunderchild; an Akira Class ship refitted to be a combat vessel. Two fighter groups which consist of ten fighters and a support runabout.

Our mission opens with Ankh and Stone on the Runabout Valkyrie (painted up with a shark's maw and a pinup aft). Lieutenant Henke is moving the ship in onh what appears to be the U.S.S. Majestic, interference is strong and its hard to maintain contact with one another.

Commander Surin is nearby in her peregrine with her fighter wing. The Majestic is nearby a Galor that's been split in half, the region is dotted with subspace transmitters which are jamming everything.

Stone tries to hail the Majestic, no dice all power is down. The Galor tries to respond, sounds like the cardassians are warning the fighters off.

Eventually Surin loses patience with the interference and vaporizes the nearest subspace jammer.

Stone manages to contact the Galor but the cardassian he's talking to promptly gets Phaser'd.

Keep in mind they can't talk to the thunderchild due to more jammers, they sent some fighters back to talk to the ship and by now they come back and tell the party that the Majestic reported to Starbase 47.

So there's some arguing, is the ship a projection? What's going on here? Stone wants to shoot the hangar off but Surin overrides and scans the thing. Ankh figures out its missing a repatch of Duranium armor the real Majestic should have.
excuse you I embraced being a Farm Boy, I just decided to move away.

Did you tell them that you can't stand it because you knew they planned it?

so around this point we board the ship, Ankh stays on the Runabout to play mission control and Surin and Scharn are buzzing around in the fighter.

Stone hits the mess hall and finds six feddies in a firefight with cardassians, they manage to notice the dozen or so starfleet personnel in EVA suits. A female Vulcan asks if Stone and friends are 'with her' and gets a widebeam stunblast to the face for her troubles, so do her friends.

The Cardassians demand stone and friends come out without weapons, they need to be checked you see. Stone tells one of his men, Donovan, that he's in command if he dies and places his rifle on the floor before advancing. The cardassians ask him to take his helmet off. He does, they check the back of his neck.

He's clean, he orders his men to do the same. They find purple spines sticking out the back of the neck of each of the starfleet personel who just got stunned.

Nueral parasites, as Donovan watches in shocked silence Stone promptly disintegrates each one with his phaser rifle. Stone tells the man to 'get his head in the game.'

Around this point two people in EVA suits attack the runabout, the pilot Lieutenant Henke gets stunned. Ankh and Stone have been in contact, Ankh is keeping track with Stone, the tellarite holds his own and manages to catch one of them with a phaser pistol blast that should stun him but the man just stumbles.

The other tries to engage in CQC but gets pushed out the airlock and sealed out. His partner tries to blast the door down and Ankh blasts his phaser rifle, the man falls down, heavily burned.

He contacts Stone.

"Disintegrate him and break contact with the ship. Quarantine protocols are in effect." Ankh almost argues, but he follows orders.

Around this point Scharn detects that the Fake Majestic's fusion reactors are firing up, the Miranda is coming to life!

So Ankh is busy playing mission control for Stone, Scharn is scanning the Miranda and trying to find their shields because Surin doesn't want to give the ship a ghost of a chance in a fight.

Scharn pulls up an obsolete design from an older refit, instead of finding a shield generator point to strike Surin finds a fusion generator.

Now normally starfleet vessels have their structural integrity fields on at all times, but for whatever reason the Nueral Parasite crew had turned this ship off, completely one hundred percent. It went from 0 to 100 in nothing, which is why when surin blasted the ship's fusion generator she set off an explosion that tore it apart.

Back to Stone and Ankh, there's maybe thirty 'Spoonheads' left, the nueral parasites can't turn them, and it seems the entire planet is overtaken by the parasites. So the parasites are trying to kill them. Stone immedietly sets up defences and has Ankh do overwatch, everyone but the 30 or so cardassians in the messhall are dead and the infected are moving in to assault the hall.

Stone orders him to beam out the infected into space and disintegrate them but he's forgotten runabouts can't do point to point transport. They're stuck transporting two people at a time every six seconds. So instead he and his team weld the messhall door shut and start transporting the cardassians out. While they do that Stone works on turning every spare weapon into a bomb.

The door is turning red, then orange, then white it melts and dozens of skittering monsters come crawling inside...only to be vaporized when a pile of federation and cardassian weapons explode.

The room is silent save for the sound of people beaming out. "Take me last!" declares stone.

"I anticipated that order." states Ankh. Around this point the stand off breaks, only the starfleet personel remain, all of them in EVA suits, all of the infected are dressed similarly.

One of them throws a grenade but it gets blasted by a phaser beam from Stone. Containment breaks, the grenade goes off full force and the coridor shatters a few corpses drift off into space. More starfleet are teleported out and soon Stone is left trading phaser blasts until finally he's pulled out as well.

Just as it seems the group can breath a sigh of relief the other fighter wing and Thunderchild finish off the last few subspace beacons.

"Return to ship, Starbase 47 just went black."

and then the session ended.

This episode will be a two parter from the looks of things.

So I'd like to essentially run a game of Aurora or Bridge Crew using STO. I know on lower difficulties it's relatively forgiving and it seems like splitting boff powers and other basic ship functions gives each person quite a bit but not too much to do. For a party of 4-5 people how terrible/great of an idea is this? Im thinking Captain, Tactical, Engineering, Science, Helm, with everyone but the captain getting a peripheral USB'd to the main computer whose input goes to a projector.

Bridge Crew was designed for 5 people to split roles. STO was designed for 1 person to do everything. Terrible idea.

>I actually wrote an amount of it, before I adapted the idea into my own setting. I've since refined the story to such an extent that it's essentially an entirely separate narrative.

Please post the pdfs bro

Starfleet never figured out how to extract the parasites from people?
I know they couldn't at the time but there were a lot of advances between season 1 TNG and when they started fielding Akira's.

It was going to be set in the distant future where Cardassia allied with the Dominion.

Then season 5 of Deep Space 9 came out and Cardassia allied with the Dominion.

Unpopular opinion: Kelvin Timeline Enterprise's bridge is sexy.

Too lensflarey for my taste.

Would be good if we could see it clearly

>So a small private convoy consisting of two patched up Pioneers, a half dead Daedalus, an Oberth stuffed full of cargo containers in the hollow space and what might have once been an NX but now has a bolted on secondary hull underneath the saucer and an antiquated Vulcan ring drive strapped on the back where good honest nacelles should be.

You know what would be fucking sweet? A game where you get to design you own Trek ship and crew. STO and it's ship customization doesn't quite cut it and the ye olde game that was made of this was utter shite.

That's more or less what I did for the Enterprise one. Made the grids in word, coloured them using font/background options and then screen capped each season. Then I just popped them together in GIMP.

I have one. Whole plot figured out and everything. Just writing it up.