PC plans

Post pictures that remind you of PC plans. Also share the best/worst plans you have seen.

>Be orc Barbarian, Mage(Sorcerer-don't ask), and cleric trio,
>Asked to clear a barn of rats
>"I CAST CLOUD OF DEATH"
>Everything in barn now useless
>Village is doomed to starvation

To ask a wizard capable of high level magic to clear a barn full of rats deserves that sort of response

We didn't ask him, my friend just decided that's something his character would do.
Frankly it was funny so I agree.

Reminds me of a story my friend told me

> Shadowrun
> Players have to kidnap some dude/dudette
> They choose a charity event for cancer kids to make the kidnapping
> Flood the vents with nerve gas expecting to knock out everyone
> The adults are knocked out
> The kids are dead
> Wut, why?
> The kids are kids, got cancer and whose medications do not mesh well with nerve gas
> The run has gone tits up with a room full of dead cancer kids
> Runners run away
> They are top headline
> They actually explain what happened to their best contact
> Said contact has dropped them
> Players are now on the run

From one of my current games, an exchange between two players which rings true:
>"That's what pcs are for: sabotaging everyone's plans for funsies"
>"I just wish the PC's plans were an exception to that"

If the cleric fails to turn the bard into less of a degenerate, would he turn into a degenerate himself?

Yes.

When your players REALLY wana prove they don't have to take the DM's warnings seriously.

>"I'm a GOOD necromancer! I swear!

>I'm a GOOD Warlock! I swear!

>If I win her character over in-game, she'll totally go out with me in in REAL LIFE!

Probably the worst "PC Plan" I've ever seen, as I've seen it happen twice now. Needless to say the women of the group were cringing both times.

>Player complains that I don't give his rogue enough opportunities to do rogue stuff
>Agree, set up an opportunity for him in the next session
>Party has been given a minor quest to transport some weapons and armor to a village a two-day trip away from the town they're currently in
>They have a cart to carry it all, but they need a horse to pull the cart
>Find a guy selling horses in the town, but it's too expensive for them at the moment
>I've set it up for the rogue to steal a horse
>Party instead decides to go without a horse and push the cart themselves

Maybe he should have made a character who fits in with the rest of the non-criminal party better.

I just wanted an excuse to post this.

You ever have those kinds of players who AREN'T completely suicidal idiots, but then they end up ignoring a bunch of your plothooks because adventures are dangerous and they have actual self-preservation instincts?

Sometimes. And sometimes I have been that player.

I have one extreme example of that. It wouldn't be a problem if the other players were more active, but as it stands I basically can't stand GMing because there's nobody actually moving shit forward when I'm not player

I once played with a party where nobody wanted to get involved with the plot until they had a power base and could throw hirelings and magic weapons at it.

I like it better when Charisma is used to AVOID combat.

>When the DM allows Homebrew content.

Nonsense. That's a perfectly normal Dungeons: the Dragoning party.

>perfectly normie*

Not hating, just correcting

Any time the bard and rogue work together it ends up with them going ahead, pissing some horde of monsters off, and then everyone having to run and try to bar doors shut.

The most recent session had the bard distract an ogre while the rogue picked the lock of a new door and alerting the group of zombies inside.

I just needed an excuse to post this.

None of the group has played Fire Emblem so my shitposts only hit half the mark for them.

>party gets caught by bad guys, one of them brings them to the ritual site
>just before they are about to be killed they break they bonds and the bad guy that brought them there reveals that he was one of the heroes all along

>Town of Heresy

Give your players a big enough ship, and every problem apparently can be solved by ramming speed.

Don't worry sir, I'm sure you'll have a new war soon where you can restore what's being lost here.

I was given a ring that could absorb spells and store them for later use

within two hours I was carrying a magic based nuke, within five I had a doomsday device stuck to my hand and now clue what would activate it.

>fightingfrogs
>normie
u take that back fuckmouth

>we be friends with child killer now.

And here's another way kidnapping in shadowrun went wrong.

Mark Millar was a mistake.

What is this from?

Best Plan:
> Post apocalyptic Pokemon game
> Have a thing on my character that means I have to donate something of value to every major NPC we meet (If I manage it I get a steadily increasing Cha bonus, but if I ever miss one I get reset and have to start again)
> Basically turns me into a magpie in game cause I have to constantly scrabble to find stuff to parcel out.
> Because of this the GM doesn't think that anything is odd when I start collecting everything alkali that I can find into a barrel and carrying it around with me.
> This goes on for months worth of sessions, almost the whole last quarter of the campaign.
> Final session.
> The BBEG's army stretches before us blocking the path to the doom fortress.
> Me and my trusty Honchcrow Honchbro take to the skys, behind us an entire squadron of Murkrow carrying the barrel between them on thick steel cables.
> I give the order I have been waiting for for so long
> "MURDER SQUAD!!! DROP THE BASE!!!"

My GM damn near killed me ooc, it was the best.

Worst plan I've ever witnessed at a table:
> I need someone who's good at lying to bail me out now I've been arrested.
>I know. I'll call Loki that's never gone badly for anyone!

It went badly.

>sub-orbital drop

I'm taking the "teach a man to fish" route.

What is that pic from? reverse search only gives alignment charts or some shit

try checking page 2.

I too have trouble with players not figuring out what to do without guidance.

It's a HB setting. Legend of the Spider Toad Kingdom. I use it all the time.

Oh God, like, half my .gifs. Hang on, I'm gonna be here for a bit.

thats some 40k shit right there.

Psst
Dungeon Meshi

>When there's a chandelier above the BBEG held on by an Iron Chain
>And you have Adamantite Arrows and Seven League Boots

Different user here, the search returned jackshit. So how about you just hand over the fish?

It's from the intro cinematic for Halo 4: Spartan Ops.

That could make for a really interesting campaign though.

Cant seem to find the sauce for this one.

It looks like maybe the Fate/Stay Night anime. Emiya Shirou is infamous for his inability to pick up on tremendously obvious hints. Something in the Fate family, at least.

that sounds like D&D XCOM and i've never been more in

It's obviously the Unlimited Blade Works anime (though I don't remember this scene, but it's probably just me).
Also easily able to find the names of the characters, after which it should be easy searching. But maybe Google is working its magic for user, or something.
Shirou kinda shifts between being a dumbass or in wilful denial of certain propositions/elements of his life depending on whether Nasu wanted to write a comedy scene or a drama one. You could maybe make an argument that it's a bit (OK, a lot) of both.
Rin is better than Ayako anyway, so he made a correct decision here.

Good shadowrun story user
>Shadowrun
>Our target with a small army staying in a hotel
>PC contacts staying in that hotell
>Johnson staying in that hotel
>Literally most of allies and enemies are staying at that hotel
>Trying to figure out how to remove the target and his small army of body guards
>Notice that there is a shipment of tanks in a chinook. hiding in a forest.
>Sneak past and hijack it.
>Find out its from our target
>Come up with plan to destroy tanks and hotel
>decide to drop the tanks on the hotel
>We proceed to do so
>Success at dropping the tanks
>End up killing our Johnson
>Most of allies
>The target
>And some of the enemies.

>We fucked up

Fair enough, it's been a very long time since I kept up with /a/ type stuff and I never watched the Stay Night anime anyway. I liked Fate/Zero though, the scene where Kiritsugu just fucking blows up a guy's building of deadly magic traps epitomises PC plans of the good kind - I had an nMage game that went very similarly once. Would post image from Fate/Zero but I'm on my phone.

>Shadowrun Game via play by post
>It's based on the Dragonfall/Returns campaign but with time travel/alternate timelines.
>My character is a human technomancer who's entire family was kidnapped and ritually killed for one of Sader-Krupps black-op experiments with blood magic (to prevent horrors from coming over).
>I survived the event but got magic blowback, (GM allowed me to get some Surge qualities such and having negatives such as Astral Beacon and the natural neg background).
>He develops a hate for Sader-Krupp and Dragons in general.
>Holy fucking shit does he hate dragons!
>One of our jobs is a scouting run turned suicide mission about some Azzies making a base in a secluded area of Brazil with a high negative background.
>No one wanted to play a mage so except for me, everyone else was mundane (so no one saw my ugly astral shit).
>Infiltrate the base and we find out that this area is another hidden area for blood magic but has information on how to bring a creature that will kill all dragons.
>Its split between a database of magic jargon and a large ritualistic macguffin device.
>Troll Tank picks up the device while I crack/download the database into my comm-link.
>Everyone gets nervous but my character licks his lips greedily.
>The maguffin tool that could do this was some weird magitech that none of us knew how to use since no one was magical.
>We get attacked by some high level Azzie Blood Cultists and the device goes off.
>GM has us roll a percentage die to see what happens.
>I roll a 1 while everyone else rolls 50+
>Team gets separated as we are teleported across time and space.
>My character gets teleported into Brazil 2038 while everyone else gets teleported to Brazil 2099.
>I still have the database but they have the device.

Thanks I've never seen any of the Fate stuff I'll check this one out as the animation looks nice and I've been looking for a new battle/action series to watch.

>GM tells us straight up that the percentage die determined if you got teleported to the past or future.
>He lets the dice stand so my character is the only one in the past while everyone else is in the future.
>I talk with him about making my PC a sudo-NPC that works with the story and I create another PC that shares ancestry with my previous PC.
>He agrees and the game gets to go completely insane.
>The GM wanted to have the game take place in a Shadowrun meets Fallout Dystopia where the Horrors like Verjigorm crossed over and fucked up humanity.
>People live in Carins (Fallout Vaults/holdovers from Earthdawn) to protect themselves from the corruption and madness of the horrors.
>In the future the overworld is a nuclear/giegeresque wasteland while the underground is closer to the dilapadated remnants of the old Shadowrun world.
>My now NPC character starts his campaign to rid the world of dragons in the past based of his knowledge of the future and the plans he stole from the Azzies.
>He reinvents himself as an Azzie Technician and finds some of the cultists while they were young and still getting the swing of being horror worshippers.
>He helps them build the device and also make sure that they are prepared with information ahead of schedule to bring about this dragon killing creature.
>Ex-PC helps exacerbate the Day of Rage against multiple metahumans to create a larger mana spike, fervently spreads anti-dragon propaganda well before Dunkelzahn could be president, and even has a hand with increasing the spikes caused by the Great Ghost Dance.
>Dunkelzahn still becomes president but because my commlink has the instructions+ info from the future we know about the Dragonheart and the veil.
>We corrupt the opinions on Dunkelzahn and dragons where the mere mention of them was able to turn an area into a rating 1-2 negative background from the fear and paranoia.

Fate does have its quirks and flaws, but overall I enjoy it a lot. First of all, setting is GOAT and magic is GOAT (even if at times Nasu retcons the lore into something else because he thinks the result is cooler). Some of the characters are pretty great too.
Just don't watch Fate/Zero before Stay Night since it spoils everything. It's a great ride in itself, but it spoils huge parts of everything. UBW is mostly unaffected by it, but the other routes are.
Also, originally Fate/Stay Night was a VN with three different routes, which tell different possibilities of how the Fifth Holy Grail War may have happened (the difference being a small detail in the beginning snowballing into a completely different outcome just a bit later). The routes are shown in the order Fate - Unlimited Blade Works - Heaven's Feel, and this progress was important for the point the original story was making.
Fate route mostly consisted of exposition and Shirou being a dumbass, so I didn't particularly like it, but I'm not sure how much it shapes your perceptions of the other two. The other two have massively less exposition, since it assumes you already know some stuff about the world. Fate was kinda made into an adapation by DEEN, but quality was kinda subpar at times, and they started mixing parts of other routes for some reason near the end.
Unlimited Blade Works is this anime. Heaven's Feel is supposed to come out as a movie by the same studio later.
Not sure whether you should watch adaptation by DEEN, never seen it. Maybe you will get UBW just fine too.
Ideally, reading the VN would be the best option, but Nasu's writing isn't exactly the best in the world, go for that one if you're a massive enough weeb to handle awkward sex scenes with jellyfish metaphors and lots of reading. Though Tsukihime is better anyway.
Just full disclosure here.

I don't know how, but you're doing something wrong. Literally the first result. For shits and giggles I even jumped into a VPN and bounced exits, in 12 out of 12 random countries selected it produced similar results; maybe no youtube link at the top, but it immediately identified the source even cutting across multiple languages.

And also for some reason it considered the Lexx to be similar, but hey, it's google, there's some chance involved. At least it knew it was a spaceship.

>When Dunkelzahn finally does the Jesus allegory sacrifice we were doing our own ritual which corrupted and twisted the flow of his blood magic.
>Dunkelzahn's sacrifice instead caused the Dragonheart to surge and increase the spikes, not suppress them.
>It opens up a giant rift where he dies and horrors start spilling into the world homing on the scent of Dragons because of Dunkelzahn's sacrifice.
>All the other dragons burst into our hidden base and slaughter us and my NPC gets to meet Lofwyr face to face before Lofwyr kills and eats me.
>He asks why did I do this and doom their kind to extinction along with part of humanity.
>I'm already mad because cult shit but I tell him about how I was from the future and how his actions turned me into what I am now.
>All of this pain wasn't made on accident but by us because of them.
>He proceeds to kill me as all of us laugh maniacally as an avatar of Verjigorm finally crosses over from the rift.
>My last views was the avatar making it's declaration of war against Dragonkind and saying it would spare most of metahumanity if they banded together and bring the dragons to him on silver platter.
>Fast forward to the future and the party is pretty much trying to figure out what the fuck just happened and trying to get back to their time.
>Lofwyr has become an old hermit, hiding from the horrors and their followers (in the vein of Old Man Logan) who is trying his best to not be a backstabbing douchebag because he needs humanity to protect and work with him.
>Now the PC's in the future have to work with him in a world gone mad and try to fix the timeline.
>The story gets more complicated afterwards but man was it fun.
>Pic related for my ex-PC during his death.

okay, now you have to tell us these story user