40KG WARHAMMER: 40,000 GENERAL

Chaos is finally winning as GW wanted them to

Old thread: >Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback? edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

first for the Sisters of Battle.

good work user

Should I play Alpha Legion primaris successors or Dark Eldar?

First for heresy.

Play any cool games today user?

delet

No, and I dont even get to play in Konor. No painting for a month either.

But on the upside I am in flight school, which is nice.

How about playing Alpha Legion primaris successors who are actually loyal to the elder

you never know with those fucks

new EC models?

Flamebelcha coming along nicely, this kit is beautiful

With a few less this would be great, one of my plans for a 35k emperors children
>Valhallan dude is among us
>his opponent uses goblin green bases
Truly we are blessed

Y E S

The Glam Marines, a weapon to surpass Metal Gear

who makes these? theyre awesome

What's the end result and what will you use this fantasy model for

What is actually happening on the local level?

How is your store, Veeky Forums, Imperium or Chaos?

No. This is a weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

I'm looking for a good alternative to Eldar Rangers. Looked through the AoS shit and nothing seems to quite fit or would be a massive paint to convert to hold long rifles.

Willing to go third party.

Your guard make me fully erect, man.

Played my sisters against some nurgle daemons. Immolators and Dominions are king right now.

A lad called Steeljoe

By the emperor

I feel like some steps are missing

Something.... BURNY

still no pdf?

Will we get legion upgrade kits at least
60% chaos, although the hive tyrant destroying the primaris dread is probably essential to that percentage

Re-posting from the last thread:

How do I make non-ratling snipers viable? Command Squads with rifles maybe?

Not hating on sniper hobbits, I just really like the IG sniper models (the various metal ones, that is).

So Hellblasters are now super OP and better than vet squads and devs. Intercessors are better than tacticals. Aggressors are nuts and better than Terminators. Centurions were nerfed. Inceptors are the best plasma deepstrikers. Redemptor is the best Dreadnought. Repulsor is a Land Raider for 50 points cheaper. Thank god Reivers don't get jump packs so manlets are at least useful for something.

That's not one model
Try the shadow spectre and cut the rifle in half
>sisterfags are included in an imperium win
Can't wait for them to get banned from my local club

>Can't wait for them to get banned from my local club

Justify your heresy.

>haha T-Theres no way P-P-Primashit will be better than my glorious marines ever haha

Anybody got a pirate 8th Spersh Marayns Codex?

Thanks

Except if you pay the points for jump packs then your assault manlets are 16ppm, while Reivers are 18ppm for 2 wounds each, can disable Overwatch and give the opponent -1 to hit in CC, have a leadership debuff aura, and can just be infiltrated into position with the Raven Guard Stratagem.

Use the other IG snipers as ratlings

Thinking about making an army based around centurions, terminators and primaris intercessors and inceptors (maybe reivers too, but aggressors just don't do it for me, basically everything has multiple wounds) is it possible to cover all bases with them?

You know Smaug has a resin model right
You forgot 40 rapid fire shots

what about the high elf archer ladies from AOS? sisters of averlorn or whatever.

>tfw i'm gonna turn in 8 points of painted guard on monday to flip my store to imperium
upset that we're enjoying the hobby friend ?

I want an Imperium/CSM "character spam" army

How would I approach this ?

A lot of single model "one against many" elements in an army for both shooting and assaulting.

Inquisitors in Term armour with psycannons? (they got psyk spells)

Anything better ?

But Reivers kinda do, grapnel launchers allow them to ignore any vertical distance when moving.

Whenever people play them they make me stand at the table edge and they have to check distances to the models, in fear I whip them with the tape measure
Autistic I know

> it's a imperium/order will dominate the whole campaign again episode

smart move to release a brand new line of space marines during the campaign, GW. that certainly will not affect the outcome.

Hydra Dominatus.

Here is how it goes IRL
>buy sniper models you like
>go to flgs
>"Hey bro, i'm proxying thoses as ratlings.
>"Ok lets go, but let me get my beer first"

I-its a "mount" for my Warboss user.... I thought Burny would be enough of a hint, but im also retarded

And why would I do that

elysian sniper teams have 2 wounds, bs3+ a 5+ save , can deep strike and are 7ppm

>Repulsor is a Land Raider for 50 points cheaper.
Plus more small arms guns, an AA option, debuffs the opponents charge rolls, has FLY, and has exclusive rights to transport all the different Chads mentioned in your post that are better than their manlet counterparts as well.

You're right they can just deepstrike with Grav Chutes as well. So they are 2ppm less than Vanguard Veterans with a better pistol, same attacks, and 2W for less move.

I've yet to see anyone, ANYONE complain about using kneeling IG as ratling squads.

Just base them differently then the rest of the army so your opponent clearly sees and remembers which unit they are.

Post it bitch
Chaos sorcerers and summo Belakor

2ppm more I mean.

Who cares? Like it's gonna change anything.

>Those who cast the vote decide nothing, those who count the vote decide everything

In other words, GW will just pretend Chaos didn't win or not record it correctly or something.

Somebody uploaded all the rules that count last thread. Nobody is scanning 200 pages for nothing in return. Wait until somebody buys the pdf and uploads it, but if I were them, I wouldn't, because you guys never shut the fuck up. Just buy the fucking thing or go and ask or Reddit or something.

>chaos is winning in all but America because burgerkeks banned chaos imports due to sharp edges

>Take normal Sniper models
>Play as Ratlings
>?????
>Profit

I think you meant
>Hellblasters are now actually a viable option and not the overcosted garbage they were before
>Intercessors are good, with interesting options, but cannot justify their cost with firepower alone, so you need to find ways to make the most of them
>Aggressors are fantastic tarpit-clearers who are horrifically fragile on a per-unit basis (6 Wounds at T5 3+ is not tough) and can punch out the Rhino your opponent sends at them to shut them up
>Redeptor is a good Dreadnought, but not bullshit like a Grav-Flux Leviathan and actually reasonably priced
>Repulsor is bristling with guns but struggles to find uses as anything but an Aggressor taxi

Come on, man. Yes, their stuff is good now, but not THAT good, stop shit-stirring.

>Hellblasters better than Devastators

For some things. Not really in the case of their heavy guns vs plasma cannons, and they can -only- do plasma.

>Intercessors better than tacs

Doubtful, point for point.

>Aggressors are nuts and better than Terminators.

At anti-horde. Temmies have other roles and their shooty ones were always the shittiest.

>Centurions were nerfed.

Well, shooty ones. Still, you're half right this time.

>Inceptors are the best plasma deepstrikers.

I wasn't aware that was a role that needed filling.

>Redemptor is the best Dreadnought.

Hahahaha that is gloriously ignorant. Redemptors are mono-role and have competition even for the one thing they do.

>Repulsor is a Land Raider for 50 points cheaper.

Yeah, but it's ugly as shit.

You don't even need the chutes, since the hooks lets you enter the game 6" from any table edge (as long as you're 9" away from the enemy), letting your dudes get close to some juicy targets behind enemy lines.

I'm a little torn which one to give my Reivers.

Eh boss, dis be a better mount

so the chapter relics dont have a points cost associated with them so how the fuck is GW going to balance them if players inevitably find some broken combos?

yeah the answer is they wont cause they dont care
/rant

when I look at the page Imps controll at least over 60% of each sector.

The way their arms are would not be within my conversion ability to change to a position where they'd be holding a rifle. Much of the Wood Elf line has a look I like, but no good way to re-pose the arms.

Most of my stores around me are Imperial or neutral. We even got a total score yet? Yesterday Imperium was winning 65/35.

It was. Everyone with two brain cells to rub together understood what your Flamebelcha was meant for the first time around. It's also a great idea. Proceed.

>they can -only- do plasma.

Sure, but their heavy incinerator is S8 and can overcharge to S9 and Dmg. 2. Throw in a cheap captain to let them re-roll To Hit rolls of 1, and they can do some damage.

But they're not perfect by any means.

>I wasn't aware that was a role that needed filling.

Where were you the last 4 edition ?

for those with SM codex what the fook is auxilary granade luncher - the rules says 11 points for Astraters granade louncher is this the same shit or what ! ?

>Yeah, but it's ugly as shit.
It's sleek perfection

>GW changed stormraven wording just to fuck with Death Stars
Sure they'll just let all those sales go to waste

>REEE-ing for no fucking reason
Here's the balance: You get ONE. Just ONE. 1. If you want more, you pay Command Points for them. And the ones in the Space Marine Codex range from niche trash (Burning Blade) to merely good (Shield Eternal, Primarch's Wrath). There's nothing remotely game-breaking in there. They're just some fun, fluffy additions.

>grenades don't ignore cover

The only problem is where to put all those turret-mounted weapons if you want to get rid of it. I broke my head trying to figure out how to nicely convert it.

Grenades never ignored cover?

But if you use the cities of death rules (which everyone should at all times) they get huge buffs against infantry in ruins.

>Imperial Fist Hellblasters
Hide behind walls all you like, you are never getting a save again.

Hey all, now that I am painting up my IG army I have to start thinking about composition. I have ~30 of these little faggots and some tallarn squads and was thinking about making a skirmisher IG army, with tallarn guardsmen and lots of ratlings.

Would that be a remotely viable army core in this day and age of overpriced and overpowered bullshit LOW the size of my forearm?

>not abusing the Command Point strat to give all your dudes relics since you can use the strat multiple times to get multiple relics for 1CP each rather than having to pay 3CP for 2.

Exept nobody hide against imperial fists and just go balls out agressive from the start.

>Hahahaha that is gloriously ignorant. Redemptors are mono-role and have competition even for the one thing they do

They aren't mono role at all 4 s14 d6 attacks against vehicles and 18 HB shots and 8 bolter shots against infantry. Its the only all around multi-target effective dread besides the leviathan.

You do know the point of a grenade right

You get one per spess muhreen detachement, Enjoy scout, buffed up HQ, scout buffed up HQ, actual force.

No, but there is limitations. You can only get 1, you have to use CP for more. A unit can only have 1 each. Some can't be given to certain units (Primaris can't take Primarch's Wrath for example).

So are they gonna make chad terminators?

>overpriced LoW
No it's actually better to do many large units now
And why aren't you filling up the gaps on those squat bases

>30 ratlings

They get to enjoy the universes finest bolter drill then.

You are clearly misunderstood on the state of the game.
1) Ratling is one of the most broken units with some top player fielding 80 of them. YUGELY POPULAR in 8th.
2) Most LoW are Turboshit.

To provide troops with explosive ordnance for clearing out enemy positions?

stupid fucking GW. In the french leak it has the same name in the intercessor squad and in the point cost table. The price was 4 points. No idea what the fuck happened in the english version.

They are called gravis.

bought off eBay. Will fix the bases or just replace them at some point.

I was in the meta where flame and meta were the deep striking thing of choice.

Yeah, there were some combi-plas suicide units, but those were expensive suicide units. The people who relied on those were desperate or retarded.

Whilst redundancy in a list is important, you should plan a unit to be able to contribute at any time, not once, unless it's utterly throwaway cheap. Leave the chess style piece trading for after you hit the board.

Got the double dex release, not the date

I haven't played regularly since 2003 so I only surmised that LOW were bullshit based on their appearance.

If ratlings are broke that makes me want to field them less, since I don't want to be some WAAC fagmaster. There are enough of those around.

Which part of "not that amazing" is so hard to get?
Also, how many Characters do you intend to take? Or do you want to give Teeth of Terra and shit to random Sergeants just because you have more Relics to throw around? Whoops, you can't, only Characters can take them and only one per Character at that.

Not even flamers ignore cover

beergut armor replaces terminators. i hope not

Already been addressed, that's almost certainly just bullshit.

great now find points cost for it at the end of the book ...

Hey Veeky Forums i got into 40k last year with orks, with only a starter box and another box of boyz. So what happens now with the 8th edition transition?

Will all the 40k models including orks be getting upgraded models like the primaris?

Should i wait until that happens or just keep getting orks?