Stat them, Veeky Forums

Stat them, Veeky Forums.

Normie franchise with normie fans/10

Why is Valkyrie black?

Because not introducing minorities in movies based about norse gods's comics is racist. Yet not introduction non black wakandians isn't.

Ws bs s t w a I ld sv
Hulk. 5. 3. 6 6 6 4 4 9 5+
That guy. 6. 4. 4 4 3 3 5 9 3+
Black chock. 3. 4. 3 3 2 2 3 8 4+
Loki? 4. 5. 3 3 10 2 7 4+

Bugbear barbarian, bugbear fighter, bugbear dex fighter, bugbear arcane trickster.

Because they're gods?

Why would gods that predate the Earth look like one human ethnicity? If you assume that humans are based on the divine template of the gods, then there should be gods that look like every kind of human.

>god of war and thunder
>WS6

The fuck dude?

>Inititative
AHAHAHAHAH

Except in marvel all of the pantheons were real, and only the greek and norse pantheons survived the celestial-immortal war. The norse were just that good, while the greeks hid.

>Yet not introduction non black wakandians isn't.
Friendly reminder that the two villains in Black Panther are white, and everyone else is black... And this is pronounced, and I quote, "Hella diverse" by the media.

>If you assume that humans are based on the divine template of the gods, then there should be gods that look like every kind of human.

Wouldn't this mean African gods would look African, while Norse gods would look Norse?

The Comic book depiction of Valkyrie has always been a hyper-blonde Nordic superwoman, while in this movie she's a frumpy black chick. Why?

Not in the MCU. In the MCU the Asgardians are a divine race of humanlike beings that have no roots in any culture or race on Earth.

That said, they're like this in the main universe too. They're not literally made of belief or anything, that's not how gods work in Marvel aside from in specific runs. They're divine beings that visited Earth and were worshiped as a result.

If you took a logical eye to Norse myth, too, you'd assume that Aesir and Vanir are ethnically heterogeneous, since Norse religion dictates that they're the gods of the whole world, not just one small slice of it.

She's kin with Hemidal.
And before you say anything Idris Elba is a Goddamn gift to humanity and I am still mildly upset that he's not the Doctor, or James Bond, but I'll accept him as the Gunslinger, fingers crossed his performance isn't dragged down by a bad film.

It's not for 40k.

I can hardly tell one capeshitter from the other.

>Wouldn't this mean African gods would look African, while Norse gods would look Norse?

No, because one pantheon didn't create specific groups of humans in the MU. In fact, in the MU none of them truly created mankind. They are, however, sort of life templates for humanity.

And in the MCU, the other pantheons don't appear to exist. There's just Asgard and Asgardians as the divine proto-humans.

>The Comic book depiction of Valkyrie has always been a hyper-blonde Nordic superwoman, while in this movie she's a frumpy black chick. Why?

Probably diversity to some extent, but also because the director preferred the non-white uplifted Valkyrie from the X-Men, Dani Moonstar (as most people do, Dani is a much better character than Valkyrie, who has always been bland as fuck). He's probably merging the two characters.

That said I'm super annoyed that Sif isn't around. Sif is awesome in the comics.

I'm more of a mythology guy than a cape guy.

But seriously, the god of war and thunder is WS6 and S6? And T6? Don't be retarded.

>but I'll accept him as the Gunslinger

Because you're that desperate for more diversity in your movies?

If it's for WHFB those stats should be even higher.

The thing I don't understand and that is canon both in comics and MCU is:
Asgardians appear on Earth
Nordic humans write down their encounters and history and call them Norse Gods
All we know about norse gods is what those humans saw
In these they aren't black

How do you explain Heimdall not being black in the sagas in MCU? and now Valkyrie?

>How do you explain Heimdall not being black in the sagas in MCU? and now Valkyrie?

Heimdall? The Norse liked a little irony in their naming conventions, so the White God being black as pitch was funny as hell for them.

Valkyrie? That's not actually canon to the Norse, that's just the Jews of Hollywood demanding more black people in their movies.

It doesn't take into account wargear or special rules, like Big Green Motha from outer space having regeneration and causing fear, nor does it list their movement.

what the fuck? Out of the doctor, Bond, and Roland, only Roland is explicitly supposed to be white. And the movie will be shit, everyone already knows it.

Dani is Native American though, and a Mutant turned into honorary Valkyrie

In the original sagas he was black, but after a few generations passed, the people recording the sagas changed him to be white because they had never seen a black person and assumed it must have been an error.

MCU Earth isn't irl Earth, though. For all we know their mythological Heimdall is actually black.

>And the movie will be shit, everyone already knows it.

I had tentative hopes for the movie until I went to watch Dunkirk and saw the full trailer. Why do movies where they change the race of a character always seem to have absolutely zero spirit to them? The movie looks awful.

Is it because, if they're willing to change the race of the main character, they probably don't give two shits about the source material?

Those are some shitty costumes.

>In these they aren't black
The Norse sagas depicting the gods didn't get written down until a Christian cobbled together Icelandic folklore and put it forward as a definitive work. Saying that Snorri Sturluson got all the details accurate is giving a 13th century historian who lived long after the Viking Age a shit load of credit.

no, because idris elba is , as previously mentioned, a gift.

Well, it's not exactly inaccurate. The movie is set in an isolationist African dictatorship, for fuck's sake.

Imagine what would happen if a white person was allowed to become the Black Panther.

Are you trying to claim the that the Norse named Heimdall the whitest God as a form of irony, because he was actually a subsaharan african?

Like I said, it's probably a clunky merger.

Marvel cannot have a native american mutant valkyrie, because Fox could sue them over that. Even a native american valkyrie is pushing it. So they tiptoe around the specific details.

Personality-wise, this character is apparently more like Dani.

I hope you aren't implying Everret K Ross is a villain, and forgettting that Erik Killmonger is the other bad guy in the film.

How and why is Hulk there?

I mean, dude's just an irradiated mutant human from Earth. How'd he get to Asgard?

Why are they black though? they should be homogenous, they live in a city, the side of a city, they have lived all their eternal lives in that city, there shouldn't be different, you can't say one got darker due melanin and shit because they all lived in that fucking city.

Make them all white, or yellow, or black or blue, but not different.

'Whitest of the gods' doesn't even refer to Heimdall's skin.

It's the blinding light he emits.

Idris Elba is a "good" actor you have elevated to legendary status because the pool for quality black actors is that shallow.

Yes? That's exactly what I'm saying.

Remember, diversity means a black person. If you try to sell a Native American as diverse, the Jews will be all over you like... Well, Jews over an affront to their plans.

God dammit, why is America so fucking obsessed with black people? Why can't they show Hispanics or Native Americans or Asians?

Asgard isn't just a city.

Clearly, the Norse are wrong about their religion, and Hollywood get it's right. Any who would suggest otherwise is an agent of Yakub.

>That said, they're like this in the main universe too. They're not literally made of belief or anything, that's not how gods work in Marvel aside from in specific runs. They're divine beings that visited Earth and were worshiped as a result.

you know fucking nothing jon snuh

"Even for my kind, pain still hurts. If you move and act in the material world, then the material world acts on you. Pain hurts, just as greed intoxicates and lust burns. We may not die easy and we sure as hell don't die well, but we can die. If we're still loved and remembered, something else a whole lot like us comes along and takes our place and the whole damn thing starts all over again. And if we're forgotten, we're done."

-Odin, As portrayed in American Gods (2001) by Neil Gaiman, Ch. 13

1. Asgard is huge.

2. Asgardians travel the realms and mingle with other beings. There could be blue Asgardians.

3. If it's like the MU standard, with Asgardians (and gods in general) being the divine template for humans, then they simply came pre-packaged with ethnicities.

You may as well as why they're human looking at all. Because they are, because technically humans resemble them rather than the other way round.

I'm not an Elba cultist like the other user but he absolutely owned The Wire.

Because they don't chimp out like crazy, riot, kill police and burn cars. The squeaky wheel gets the grease

>Clearly, the Norse are wrong about their religion
The Norse hadn't actively worshiped the Aesir for centuries by the time Snorri wrote his glorified book of folk stories. Just because a source is old, doesn't mean its accurate. Like mother fuckin' Herodotus, he's not exactly a reliable source.

Neil Gaiman's American Gods is not part of Marvel, dumbass.

I'd understand if you mixed up his writing for DC with Mahvel, but American Gods has nothing to do with any cape comic universe.

You are right, the Norse depicted their gods as black and African as the ancient Hebrews. :^)

>Any who would suggest otherwise is an agent of Yakub.

This might be tangential, but a campaign assuming the Nation of Islam's version of history is real would be rad as hell.

>you know fucking nothing jon snuh
American Gods isn't set in the MCU or any other Marvel Universe, you blithering idiot.

>the Norse depicted their gods as black and African as the ancient Hebrews. :^)

Oy gevalt! Perfect! Just perfect!

>Clearly, the Norse are wrong about their religion

It wasn't Snorri's religion though.

He literally added stuff to make it more Christian and pretended that the Aesir were actually Trojans. Not shitting you about that last bit.

>Asgard
In the movies is the size of NY at best.

There's really no point talking to /pol/ shitters. Its all boogeymen and 'race realism' to them.

> inb4 denials of being from /pol/

Fuck off

The Norse were henotheistic and believed other gods existed as well as their own.

I'm not saying they did, dude. And If I were to pick an actor for Heimdall in a film where the gods are actually the Norse gods rather than divine aliens that inspired them, I'd pick a white dude.

It's a fact that 'whitest of the gods' as an objection is retarded, though, because it's about him being blindingly bright to look at, not super pale.

Don't warp the facts to justify your point. You have a fine enough point already.

Hey, when 90% of the companies that are pushing these views are owned and operated by Jews, you kind of start to ask questions.

Moses was a black man. Abraham was a black man. Heimdall was a black. All the Israelites were black men. Deal with it!

They still believed THEIR gods created the world and mankind, not anyone else's.

>And If I were to pick an actor for Heimdall in a film where the gods are actually the Norse gods rather than divine aliens that inspired them, I'd pick a white dude.

Wow... Racist much? Idris Elba killed the role as Heimdall, he was in fact the greatest part of the past two movies. To suddenly ignore his important role in the canon of Norse mythology and assume he was... G*d dammit, what would Harry Potter say about this, or Dumbledore?

Can say that asians (and probably the rest of the world) want better roles in movies too (and for movies to stop taking away our roles and giving them to white people), but as other user mentioned we just kinda bring it up every once in a while and don't break windows over it, so...

>literally always racebending to black
>chimp out if you even dare to mention making a movie without blacks
>"is just your imagination, bro"
okay

Btw, Boyega said GoT and Lord of the Rings are racist as fuck because they have no blacks, and that he will never accept a role on them because of it. Sure, is just to promote himself, but people are applauding him and backing him up. This stuff is not made up.

Like I said, fuck off.

You guys bring nothing to discussions except shit stirring. You never make interesting or thoughtful points, you just race bait and lower the conversation down to a moronic level of conspiracy and screeches of 'dindu/we wuz' memes.

Y'all are the most offensive thing on Veeky Forums

Y'all are boring.

Green.
Guy with Sword.
Chick with Sword.
Anime Prettyboy.

Don't worry user, as China becomes more and more of a major market, the Jews of Hollywood will be forced to accept the unfortunate truth that they need to appeal to you and the rest of Asia if they want to make a dollar.

>Btw, Boyega said GoT and Lord of the Rings are racist as fuck because they have no blacks, and that he will never accept a role on them because of it. Sure, is just to promote himself, but people are applauding him and backing him up. This stuff is not made up.

user, I want you to be honest with me. In fact, I want everyone here to be honest with me.

If a new Lord of the Rings series was to be announced, can you imagine the cast not having a black person in it? Can you? Can you really?

You are so insistent that the Norse sagas are inauthentic, and that the Norse gods were always depicted as black Africans, but you get so upset when I suggest the truth, that the ancient Israelites were black Africans. Why is this?

And since when has it mattered to DC how we used to picture out gods? Tor a as clean shaven blonde with a winged helmet? Mjölner as a fucking rectangular block on a stick? Why does the fucker have a half dozen CD discs taped to his shirt?

If you cared about the original depictions, you'd care about those bits. But you don't, so go fuck a live lamp socket.

I want them to just to see guys like you screech about it online, like you did over a couple of black background extras in one scene in one of the Hobbit films.

Fucking cast Kevin Hart as Gimli. I want that because you don't.

REMEMBER THE SIX MILLION, YOU FILTHY GOY. THE ANCIENT ISRAELITES WERE WHITE.

Can't wait for the Darky Tower! Sure do love when characters are gender/race swapped for no reason!

I wish they don't, because they shouldn't, but sadly, they 100% will, because it turns out that making something about your culture, literature and mythos is racist as long as you're white.

Like I said:
>An European fantasy setting without blacks? Racist!
>An African fantasy setting with only blacks? of course, as it should be, you're racist just for asking

gb2 /edom/, white body.

>You are so insistent that the Norse sagas are inauthentic
Keep building those strawmen out of things I never said /pol/lack.

The Dark Tower is going to bomb because it's a story not a whole lot of people know with trailers that don't do a lot to sell it and Idris Elba as a main character... And Idris Elba hasn't been a selling point for movies for a while now.

The movie will only exist to BLACKED the franchise.

>An African fantasy setting with only blacks?
Name one.

Black Panther

Black Panther? The sole white non-evil character is plucky comic relief and one of the antagonists is a white guy.

Blackiria you mean.

And none of them are Wakandians, they're foreigners.

I said name one without white characters in it and you already fucking failed.

They're Bilbo fucking Baggins and Gollum. You can't get whiter than that.

>2017
>Movie has a non-white antagonist

user please, let's be real here. White people are the true villains of this world.

Not to mention

>Thor
>not fat
>not constantly eating
>not fucking dumb as a sack of bricks
>not married to Sif

Or

>Loki
>not patron of fire too
>Thor's brother for some reason
>illusionist rather than actual shapeshifter
>not the mother of Odin's horse

The question was an African setting with only blacks, BP has two white characters. Also, Martin Freeman is the low-key, British version of Kevin Hart, prove me wrong.

The main villain of BP is black.

He's not Wakandian, he's a stranger.

I don't mind Blacks appearing in lord of the rings as foreigners, outsiders and stuff way out of the norm. I don't mind Idris Elba appearing in Thor but as a non Asgardian.

And even if you're going off the Black Panther comics, T'Challa has an older adopted white brother, Hunter/White Wolf.

The big bad guy of Black Panther is a black guy trying to use Wakanda's xenophobia to snatch the throne.

The main villains of BP are three dudes, two of them black. Erik Killmonger, M'Baku and Klaw (the white South African)

>>not the mother of Odin's horse
there's actually a comic...

Not in the movie.
In the comics Heimdall is white, but not in the movies.

That wasn't the question. The question was.

> name a black fantasy setting without white characters

I'm still fucking waiting.

Calling something a strawman does not make it so. People can just scroll up and read what you said. Try gaslighting some more, Edomite.

>tfw white South Africans are always portrayed as two steps away from Satan in American TV shows

I wonder why this is?

No, that's the ""evil"" guy, who'll turn out to not be as evil and join TChalla into fighting Claw. It's already pretty much leaked.

I would fucking love it if they included White Wolf.

Speaking of superheroes that wear white. Where the fuck my Moon Knight at?

He's a fantastic actor, but why did they cast it as a God that is literally described as 'the whitest'?

That's M'Baku.

Killmonger is a corporate fuck who wants to bleed Wakanda dry for dollar bills. That's always been his motivation. M'Baku will figure out Killmonger was playing to his prejudices to make a buck and turn on him in the end.

Bet you dollars to donuts.

DM: lore nut with a very repetitive session style. Likes Nerd, Emo Girl, and Stoner, dislikes Little Brother.

Iron Man: Nerd's first character. Nerd is a huge optimizer, optimized backstory to be rich, genius, no social obligations. Wishfulfilment of hot guy. Likes Girl, Little Brother, dislikes Stoner and DM.

Captain America: Emo Girl's character from an older campaign, originally a parody of military yahoos. Girl is deeply into homoerotic flirting, flirts with DM and Nerd a lot. Very much a True Roleplayer, doesn't like Stoner or Little Brother much.

Thor: Stoner's character. Stoner is a huge lore nerd and an amazing optimizer, smarter than anyone else at the table. Stoner also finds combat boring and forgets his characters abilities every session. Stoner thinks Nerd is stuckup, doesn't interact with Girl much.

Hulk: Little Brother's first character. Made by DM for his kid brother, DM roleplays the none-combat part, kid brother plays as the hulk.

Nick Fury: Railroad DMPC everyone despises, abandoned after group demands he go away.

Hawkeye, Black Widow, Phil Coulson: NPCs under Nick Fury who are so popular the group won't let them die and they become full group members. Attempts to get rid of each of them are met witb outrage.

Ant Man: Stoner's second character. His powers are weird and Stoner changes them slightly between sessions.

Vision: Little Brother's new character as he gets older. Built for him by Nerd, has "like, everyone's powers."

Wanda: Emo Girl's character made to parody magical girls. Little Brother has developed a crush on Emo Girl, which he voices by having Vision fall in love and get rejected by Wanda.

Doctor Strange: Nerd's one off second character, just a slightly toned down Iron Man.

Spiderman: Nerd's new character, trying to be less abrasively munchkiney, Nerd goes for a funnier more emotional character.

Falcon, Bucky: Cohorts of Emo Girls Captain America.

Black Panther: DMPC to replace Nick Fury.

The duplex