Non D&D RPGs

>have you tried not playing D&D

What games do you prefer, Veeky Forums?

Hard mode: No OSR/pathfinder allowed

Story games for one-offs/something different.

For full campaigns, I play D&D/OSR.

Mythras.

GURPS for everything. Fate for everything else.

Last game I ran was Ars Magica. Next should be Blue Rose hacked to within an inch of its life. I have plans for nMage, Legends Of The Wulin, and an Iron Kingdoms game using Mythras.

Legends of the Wulin - for cool kung fu combat
Mutants & Masterminds - A great superhero game and good general system for high powered characters
RIFTS - Nostalgia and setting mostly
FATE - For everything else but I don't want to kill myself making a setting
GURPS - For everything else but I do want to kill myself making a setting

Gurps, Unisystem, FFG Star Wars, Shadowrun, BRP big gold book, Mythras.

Thats assuming I don't list the d&d systems I like, which would in fact include 5e and pathfinder.

Shadowrun is my usual jam, but there's a lot of stuff I'd like to play more of. I've had good times with Exalted, and I would just love to play in a good (emphasis on good) Blue Rose game. I've been trying to get a Numenera game going with a fairly heavily modified setting. I'm trying for a more classical/ancient world and less medieval vibe (Amber Order as Pythagoreans on steroids rather than Dark Ages Catholic stereotypes, for instance), no abhumans, focus on exploration and investigation rather than reclothed D&D quests. I've been trying to sell it as Carl Sagan's Phantasy Star IV; let's wonder at and try to understand the miracles around us as we rebuild on this busted ass planet.

HERO for superhero slugathon action can't be beat I think. It doesn't rely on arbitrary 'cool shit license' like FATE but ends up having pretty rad combat anyway.

I feel like I post this a lot but it hasn't become a mocking copypasta yet so I'll post it again- HERO is the system where I suplexed a guy through most the floors of a skyscraper.

Same here.

Cool, my group just became open to trying something other than DnD. We were thinking about trying an ____ world game.

Pendragon is the best tabletop rpg system I have ever played.

I enjoy me some Traveller. Picked up Strike!, it's looking like it could be fun for when I don't want a serious game.

story?

Fantasy flight warhammer yo.

How the shit am I the first person to mention WoD in this thread

get off my lawn, damn kids

I have also played Don't Rest Your Head extensively.

Ran a game of Golden Sky Stories for some friends and I'm currently playing in a Pokemon ttrpg which has been metal as fuck.

>picking berries with two other players
>pineco drops down and starts to glow
>having seen one before I run
>other two try to pokedex it as it explodes in their face
>both severely injured. One escapes with a shattered ankle while the other suffers a broken hip and fractured spine and now has to spend 30 days in a coma in hospital

Anything ORE is pretty great.

Because urban fantasy a shit, magical realism or go home.

Trail of Cthulhu is my go-to RPG.

Savage Worlds for horror and fast, deadly combat

FATE for hijinks and introducing newbies to gaming

WoD for good roleplaying, IF AND ONLY IF you have a good group because one shitter will ruin it for everyone

GURPS almost exclusively, but DRYH, M&M, and Ryutamma as well.

WFRP

Because ratcatchers dying from sucking chest wounds in the first session makes me moist.

Iron Kingdoms
OVA
Blades in the Dark
Fantasy Flight Star Wars RPG
Colonial Gothic
Savage Worlds
Kobolds Ate My Baby
Ninja Burger
Mouse Guard
Warhammer 40k RPGs
Shadowrun
Numenara