Accidental Magical Girl CYOA

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.

This thread houses three systems: First, QuasarBlack's CYOA PDFs which may be used as writing prompts. Second, AMGC which expands on the CYOA character creation and provides rules for combat. Finally, the SCS is an alternative to AMGC with a similar purpose. IRC uses mostly AMGC and Discord uses mostly SCS.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images: mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

>Addons to the CYOA, currently only the Patron Module:
pastebin.com/9qFcbzN0

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/teUgkHyS
>Changelog: pastebin.com/nNqnESfz
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/V2X9itz0

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
rizon.net/chat
Linkboard: titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns:
discord.gg/ASjGV8

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
mgcyoa.sync.in/Spells
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cPxQ4Gc3_MddNiAmJ-KLeP6HeDzl4UIMxT0NyRExYIM/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6nJHlyQYVsJqtqEmK27EMiWcsc1Sg3xw9SxgI0AHUk
pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3
pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing
pastebin.com/sXLQefp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.14.1, one of the two usable PNP systems for playing as a magical girl.
It features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more. Note that this is NOT the same as the CYOA, and uses its own methods of character generation.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

>Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, and all recorded Oddball trees. Updated often):
mgcyoa.sync.in/Spells
>Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Google Docs AMGC Character Sheet (made by Torque)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cPxQ4Gc3_MddNiAmJ-KLeP6HeDzl4UIMxT0NyRExYIM/edit?usp=sharing

>AMGC Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6nJHlyQYVsJqtqEmK27EMiWcsc1Sg3xw9SxgI0AHUk

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
>Changelog: pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz

The SCS was made as an addon to the CYOA to cover the combat side of roleplaying. It allows players to easily take characters made in the CYOA v1.5 and use them in Quests and long-running campaigns alike. Note that this system DOES require you to have a character made in the CYOA in the OP first.

This PDF covers the core rules of gameplay, as well as the methods of improvement and various spells and items magical girls use.

>Expansions to the SCS can be found in this link
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3
These expansions include
>Order & Chaos; Friend & Foe (OC&FF): Details on the mechanical workings of Patrons, Dark Magical Girls, Monster Girls (both natural and corrupted), and also includes a bestiary
>Worlds & Wishes (W&W): Details various GM tools and a few player tools, including the function of Mundane weapons, Alternate/Optional Rules, Various tips and tricks for GMing and Roleplaying, as well as Augments for players looking for a little extra power after CharGen. It also includes the conversion process for AMGC characters into the SCS.

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
>Changelog: pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
>Character Sheet, which includes a Character Generator: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing

>tfw you were going to make a new thread, but someone beat you to it

Are any of your magical girls also mecha pilots?

Let's make this one a little more lively, okay children?

Does your mahou have a best friend? Someone they'd go through Hell and high water for? If so, why are they so close?

Man, if only. But no, I RP as shitposty girls.

Do people whom she has a love-hate relationship with count?

Make Jace spill his spaghetti.

Sure, I'll take what I can get.

The trust between a man and a woman, strong enough that the man would punch the woman solely on her request... that is true companionship! Also, it's fun to tease him. Please no bully.

Rolled 12, 6, 2, 12, 6, 3, 19, 5, 16, 16, 8, 2 = 107 (12d20)

What decides a magical girl's weapon when designing a character? Their character? Motifs/themes? What's too brutal/weapon-y, and what's too impractical to really be a mahou weapon?

Thoughts?

Theme mostly.

Her best friend is an icicle that shared a place to live with a struggling new mahou and have since had a lot of Slice-of-Life bonding.

That's a nice pic of the worst girl you've got there.

Does a magical fuckoff sword count as a best friend?

Sword friends are best friends.

Does your mahou know any cool moves?

Rolled 15, 20, 3, 2, 11, 8, 10, 6, 10, 6, 17, 1 = 109 (12d20)

I mean, for me, it's "whatever makes the most amount of sense for the character, while being as cool as possible". The second bunch of questions I don't got an answer for, sorry.

Super Divine Wind Kick! With the power of the wind, ascend into the air, then crash into the opponent at high speeds. The ultimate technique!

source?

Made in Abyss is cute!

>nadare-san
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

One is very fond of punching her problems.
Two like to solve Practical Problems.
One is literally a fucking neckbeard who can turn into a cockroach...

>Two like to solve Practical Problems.
drakon have you returned yet

Alright, new question, y'all! What's your girl do on downtime?

You posted it.

SHE HAS NO DOWNTIME. ONLY TRAINING TIME.

I don't have a day off from my new job until the 17th. On the plus side, $16/hr and time and a half when doing over time past 40 hours; 11 hours this weekend, 16 hours this week. flash and I have been murmuring between emails. I'm play testing some of the ideas that we've grumbled over when I have some down time.

Also with 40K 8th Edition being a thing I'm distracted by reading to unwind from the turmoil of training at the job, plus this is our first week live and dealing directly with our client. Shits gun b wild and I'm carrying that entire stable, plus picking up hours that others have already more or less abandoned...

Not all mahou are lolis.

Are your girls suffering, or did they finally reach the state of not suffering?

In fact, some are the manifestation of cringe itself.

I mean, she's still in conflict, with regards to "no longer being normal ever again, and always having to fight something", but hey, having hereditary superpowers AND not dying? She'll take it.

She's decided to cope with suffering by gratuitously inflicting it upon others whenever the opportunity arises.

How does that help fix the problem?

They've never been ones to suffer so...

Rolled 9, 10, 3, 17, 9, 18, 10, 15, 6, 5, 19, 13 = 134 (12d20)

Age 15
Average
Air
Fist
Flowing
Regeneration
Hammerspace Handbag
Monstrous Metamorphisis
Incognito
Interdimensional Home
Awareness
Puuchu

I feel like I could probably work with this as is. I'll be honest I just casually follow these threads and occasionally writefag a scene should I roll up a girl. We'll see if I follow up on this with stats, coins, and possibly writing

So I'm looking at the supplemental patron thing. Do the Horrors correspond to actual lovecraftian gods or are those specific things not part of the setting?

It's either that, or shit that's like it. More likely it's the former, rather than the latter.

All right cool, I have a great idea in mind for my character then.

I'm trying to use the character sheet on google drive, but when I downloaded it I wasn't able to click to roll anything. I also tried saving the sheet to my own drive, but it wouldn't show up after I did that.

It's cathartic!

I'm seeing a lot of PDFs here and I'm checking them all out but it seems like there are several different base versions. What's the best one for an all-purpose character? Not in the sense of their build but in terms of the activities I can do with them. Like I intend to do some casual roleplaying but I'd also like to do a proper campaign or two if I can.

The OP PDF and the "Patron Module" Represent a CYOA (Sparkly Pink PDFs), which by its nature is fairly all-purpose. The SCS PDF (Flat Blue/grey) enhances it with resolution rules for combat -- looks like a different base version but it's designed to take input from the CYOA. AMGC (Core/Accidental Magical Girl Core; Sparkly Blue) is a one-stop shop that generates its characters differently and uses different mechanics, but is still fairly open-ended and light as RPG systems go. In fact, if anything it's probably the lighter of the two systems, but the one with fewer GM tools. It represents the second of two "Base Versions"

All right so both of them can be used in campaigns then? If so I'll probably go with the former and its supplements, since that's probably the one used more often + seems to have a wider range of possible stuff to do things with, unless I'm getting it wrong.

Also I'm getting the same problems as , is there a solution for that or am I just retarded? Do I even need a proper character sheet, or would it be much more difficult to do more formal stuff without one?

Yeah, I'm just going to spend all the coins on stats. With a death origin (since all was rolled) that's one gold, four silver, and four bronze. Let's see about those transformed stats.

Str: 10 (4 + 2 Fist + 1 Flowing Outfit + 1 Bronze + 2 Silver)
Vit: 16 (4 + 1 Average Body + 3 Bronze + 4 Gold + 4 Silver)
Agi: 8 (4 + 4 Air Spec)
Mag: 6 (4 + 2 Silver)
Lck: 4

I ended up using most of the coins on Vitality. While the character is an air-powered girl I thought to instead focus on her fisticuffs and regeneration. Being the bizarre kind of person who likes to discover personalities in statistical decisions, I'm betting this girl is (at least towards the start of her career) fairly reckless, with something of a devil-may-care attitude: She's pretty indestructible and that strength is going to be a heck of a rush for an adolescent. Of course, she'll probably learn that not everything she cares about is equally impervious to harm...

... huh, I guess that's one way to handle Air. Go fast, and go hard. Zephyr Edge used to abuse her super-speed for running away.

For the heck of it, let's look at the SCS. Out of costume, this girl's stats are flat 3's, except for a 4 in Vit. This means she'll have 40hp, 1 def, 3 eva, 6% Crit, and a BST of 16. Armed and ready, though, that's a little more... interesting. She'll have 160hp, 5 def, 6 eva, 8% crit, and a stat total of 44. Her power, regeneration, will recover 16hp every turn (or 16d4 if she spends a point of magic) unless something happens with her vit. Her perks get her nice trinket effects, except for two: Interdimensional Home which just does what it says on the tin, and Monstrous Metamorphosis which is a fairly powerful buff, gaining 2 to her physical stats and rendering her berserk when she's brought below 20% (32hp) until she heals to over 50% again. Which is going to mess with a lot of stuff. It's also probably not a state she'd relish ending up in.

Her flowing outfit adds 2 to her evasion (total of 8 now) and can get an enhancement -- while the "Endure" ability is very tempting with regeneration, Defense Boost (Raising her Def to 8) seems like more of a mainstay for a starting character.

Her body is her weapon ("Fist" type can include all manner of punches, kicks, and strikes) but she still gets a "weapon" enhancement despite the unarmed style. "Adrenaline" which gives a significant boost to damage and a fairly large boost to critical rate while at full health, seems to fit the personality that's been brewing for her and synergizes well with regeneration.

After that she gets her starting spells as well as any patron benefits from the expansion. In theory, she'd be ready for play.

I get the feeling that she lives "big" in general. Wild good times with her friends as much as wrath for her enemies, and never a quiet moment. Probably to the point of being a flaw: I don't know if she can really handle quiet downtime without getting existential. Throwing herself into every moment could be a defense mechanism.

>Also I'm getting the same problems as
Yeah, I'm seeing the same issue too.

Rolled 14, 7, 7, 11, 13, 4, 10, 5, 1, 18, 13, 17 = 120 (12d20)

Body: Average (+1 VIT)
Specialization: Time (+2 VIT, +1 MAG, +1 LCK)
Weapon: Mystic (+1 MAG)
-Hard Light
Outfit: Uniform (+1 VIT)
-Reinforced
Power: Copycat
Perks:
Hammerspace Handbag (+1 LCK)
Gifted (+1 MAG)
Interdimensional Tourist (+1 LCK)
Eternal Style (+1 SP)
Mirror Move
Snapshots (+1 LCK)
Stats:
STR: 4
AGI: 4
VIT: 8
MAG: 16 (Goldx1, Silverx2, Bronzex1)
LCK: 14 (Silverx1, Bronzex3)

>Copycat and Mirror Move
Watch out, world, the MIRROR MISTRESS is coming at ya!

Rolled 15, 4, 9, 19, 15, 5, 17, 15, 16, 12, 20, 3 = 150 (12d20)

Emergency! a new girl is needed!

What I usually do is with the thing open in google drive, go to File and click Make A Copy. That creates a duplicate under your ownership that you can freely muck around with.

Underdeveloped
Sound
Fists
Elaborate Outfit
Twinned Soul
Wings
Monstrous Metamorphisis
Familiar (Free Swap: Sorcery)
Natural Aging (Free Swap: Enhanced Outfit)
Power Artifact
Emergency: Dual Weapon (+Mystic), Enhanced Weapon
Puuchu Patron

Elizabeth & Liz (or "Fortissimo" and "Pianissimo") Chambers, magical girls with the power of music! Their instruments are their weapons, functioning as both an arcane focus and, keeping the beat, a central part of their dance-based martial arts style. The original Elizabeth/Liz was nerdy but energetic and outgoing; Elizabeth/Fortissimo has the energy and zeal but not her old self's forethought. Her instrument is a tambourine. Liz/Pianissimo retains her former self's intellect and consideration but has become meek, reserved, and passive. Her instrument is a fiddle.

Rolled 18, 4, 12, 8, 12, 4, 8, 18, 1, 20, 15, 6 = 126 (12d20)

Rolled 14, 4, 3, 13, 10, 18, 16, 16, 14, 9, 1, 16 = 134 (12d20)

Hold up, actually. You know what.

What if magical girls piloted mecha? Yes, Rayearth is a viable answer. I wanna think about this one.

Which one of you can direct me to a Mahou Shoujou that doesn't have yuri, doesn't have desire driven bullshit, loves justice and morals ' n shit, and actually helps people outside of fighting monsters.

I'm a goddamned mess after today and I want to know about cute girls doing good, heroic things and aren't doing it out of "love" or just because they have family and friends to protect..

Symphogear fits all of those except for the fact that it's gay af.

I never win.

How do you guys stat out regular grunts following an MG into battle?

Are your MG's separate players or NPC's which duke it out with the big bad while the grunts take care of objectives?

I'd like to run a game where MG's and Witches are veritable engines of destruction which duke it in the background while grunts take care of the more "delicate" objectives.

>How do you guys stat out regular grunts following an MG into battle?
Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero has non-yuusha grunts in the testing phase now. They get their asses kicked pretty easily by the goddamned little, mass produced monsters. Take that as you will.

If you're gonna do 'em, make 'em like Clone ARC Troopers. I said that the Beacon should have had grunts a while back before I mysteriously vanished from the IRC without a word, but you can do whatever for your personal who totally shouldn't be based on Delta Squad.

>personal
*personnel
Even to this day, I am plagued by typos.

Rolled 11, 7, 20, 4, 9, 6, 7, 15, 13, 18, 17, 7 = 134 (12d20)

Age 7
Average
ODDBALL
Melee
Flowing
Twinned Soul (BRONZE:Focused Assault)
Enhanced Transformation
Monstrous Metamorphosis
Bronze: Healing Artifact
Eternal Style
Wings
Puuchu

Coins left: 2 Bronze, 4 Silver, 1 Gold

Ivy Shiraki, a little girl with the oddball power of FLOWERS (+2 Lck, +1 MAG).. Normally cheerful but a little innocently insensitive, her transformed outfit is a dress of pink and white petals while her weapon, though surprisingly effective, takes the form or a thin vine studded with tiny blossoms (wielded as a whip). Make her mad, though, and she hits a second, much more threatening transformation -- blood-red petals, black hair coming loose and writhing, rose-thorn lash... you don't want to see it. (Monstrous Metamorphosis). Her most potent power is unleashing a precise torrent of Petals/Thorns (Focused Assault)... sounds harmless but it's like being hit with a fire hose of arcane vegetation. Differing from more generally focused Wood element girls, a lot of her magic seems to be based on the symbolic "Language of flowers" and carry different effects based on the flower mimicked.

Str 8 (+1 Melee, +1 Flowing, +2 Silver)
Agi 8 (+1 Average, +2 Silver. +1 Bronze)
Vit 5 (+1 Melee)
Mag 6 (+1 Flowers, +1 Bronze)
Lck 16 (+2 Flowers, +4 Gold, +4 Silver)

Ivy leads a charmed life, but like many flowers she can wilt easily.

Robot Girls Z. Hey, don't look at me like that.

Wait, no, it doesn't have "helps people outside of fighting monsters". My bad.

I find it kinda sad that this thread hasn't been able to come up with a good rec for this. I mean, I'm a relative newcomer to the genre...

What about it?

Rolled 8, 12, 3, 8, 2, 8, 4, 20, 16, 17, 11, 6 = 115 (12d20)

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

I figured it was either going to be Saint Tail(?) or this.

Rolled 20, 13, 10, 11, 12, 17, 2, 10, 3, 16, 15, 17 = 146 (12d20)

Average
Darkness
Mystic
Elaborate
Regeneration
Martial Training
Hammerspace Handbag
Fated
Familiar
Monstrous Metamorphisis (Or I guess I could take money)
...The Beacon?!

>Monstrous Metamorphisis (Or I guess I could take money)
>...The Beacon?!

>Monsters
>In MY Beacon

I know, right? And darkness spec. I'm tempted to do a little writeup to try to make sense of it.

Could be justified as the Beacon taking her under their wing to 'rehabilitate' and 'prevent' her from getting into circumstances where Monstrous Metamorphosis would take place.

Do it. I believe in you, user. Therefore, it will succeed.

If the thread is still alive by the time I sleep and hack it out, we'll see it. Otherwise I'll still finish and repost the next time I note one of these threads come around.

Where my /m/ahou shoujou at?

angels.

Angels are monstrous in appearance, user. -but I assure you they are not monsters. Or are you referring to the two sluts?

They don't tell people "be not afraid" because they're cute and cuddly in the Bible, user.

I said they were monstrous in appearance, but weren't monsters.

Who /Horror/ here?

To be fair though, the Monstrous Metamorphosis perk isn't full "monster" but more of a scary berserker mode.

So you go full CĂș Chulainn?

Where's the /m/ in that image?

Anyway, forgive a newcomer/general outsider to any wider lore than the CYOA, but I drew something up!

pastebin.com/sXLQefp4

Roughly how much would having Enhanced Outfit mitigate the disadvantage of having Wings on a melee girl?

Amazing! Can I hug her yet?

I mean, the outfit isn't exactly on the wings, is it? Just watch out for bows, man. Not that hard. You probably have WTA.

Alright, I know I wrote it down somewhere here before, but say that the Horrors or the Ebon Mint wanted to do some large-scale destruction, or some shit. So they develop a machine that amps the magical powers of a person. Technology makes the machine adopt colors and features of the transformed version (a la Phase Shift Armor of the Cosmic Era), and there's like, magic power batteries installed inside it, because goddamn, is transferring all that shit going to be cumbersome in something bigger than a human body. Ideally, so as to limit the loss of energy, they're made like, super-small, maybe like, three-guys tall. You tell me what scale is.

Wait, I just realized that I probably just made like, one of those psycommu MS, where the pilot is wired to their cockpit. Shit.