arms and armour thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

mediumaevum.com/75years/mirror/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

these are great thank you

np.

>2: Hey, you gonna eat that?
>1: Fuck off m8, rations mine
>3: My feet hurt. This armors heavy. I wish I was at home, combing my mustache. I wonder whats for dinner. Probably gruel again. I miss Babushka's cooking. Look at these fancy faggots with their fancy ass horses. I bet they've got servants to groom their horses and wipe their asses too. Or they would, if the horses anus wasn't a marvel of engineering.

Why does that dude have two swords?

The one in his hands actually looks like an estoc, or thrusting sword. The one in the sheath looks like an arming sword.

So it's for punching through maille

each of them has both a larger 'fuck you' weapon and a shorter 'oh shit' secondary

not seen or depicted is the
"weapon for also eating with"

the fuck am I looking at here?

The Great a era stuff, anti shrapnell helmet and (probably improvised) trench weapon.

*Great War

Sorry, keyboard running out of batteries

*Great War

Sorry, keyboard running out of juice

What in the fuck am I even looking at here?

Now that I think about it, I think i'd love to run a fantasy campaign based around armors and armorsmithing. Any ideas on how to create a plot around this?

Future my friend, future.

sweet christ, that image is unsetteling

what sort of commie witchcraft is that ?

You fucking love smithing but faggots in that faggot town have started making better steel and selling it for cheaper and you won't stand for that. A game of negotiation, subterfuge and big burly men in dark alleys breaking each other's kneecaps with oak cudgels.

No codpeice no greaves? I get its half plate, but you may as well protect that half well!

For those interested, I've got a little museum pic dump is going on over at: "The rider himself should be equipped in this wise: /.../ He must have a dirk and two swords, one girded on and another hanging from the pommel of the saddle."

'The King's Mirror', a Norwegian mid 13th century educational text for the young nobleman.

mediumaevum.com/75years/mirror/

Backup seems likely.

Your crotch will be protected by a sturdy wooden saddle and a large warhorse. As uncomfortable as driving with a modern day cup is, adding a codpiece to cavalry armour may outright render you a casualty before the first day is over.

As for why they stopped using protection for the lower leg and foot, well, they did, and as they didn't quickly put the sabatons back on again I guess wounds to that region weren't terribly common even for cavalrymen. Sturdy boots might have helped as well?

>Sturdy boots might have helped as well?
maybe the stirrups had armor built onto the front of them? I've seen it in movies before but I don't know if it was a real practice.

I haven't seen a lot of stirrups form back then,. but a quick look at the few images of such I've saved from the Wallace collection (second half of the 16th century, so about the right time period) don't suggest anything like that, and the stirrups hanging off of Gustav II Adolf's stuffed horse in the Royal Armoury are just the regular bow and bar as well.