Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Alpharius edition
hhg is subedition

Last thread the This account is a lie. All this and more in the last thread →

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

First for

>forge world open day in 2 weeks
>still no clue as to anything that might be there
What would they have to announce in the next few days, BESIDES 8th 30k, to make you excited?

Does this effectively mean Sekhmet force weapon spam is ded in 8th? Or will TS just get force weapons for free?

A finished model for Dorn, so they can start on the next primarch.
Grav land raider.
Axe Sisters of Silence.
Some wacky new Mechanicum robot.

>Alpharius
>Angelus
>Dorn
>Sanguinius
>Space Wolves unique units

>not switching to 8th edition literally killed the /hhg/

What legions job the most? Pick one traitor and loyalist legion.

My picks are Night Lords and Space Wolves.

Night Lords is more or less uncontested as top traitor jobber for now and all time.

Worst loyalist jobber is Raven Guard, with Space Wolves a close second due to Russ' tendency to get BTFO.

Iron Hands and Iron Warriors.

What's a jobber?

Objectively correct.

Raven Guard aren't really jobbers they just got fucked by the Dropsite Massacre. They're usually fairly competent during the Heresy.

Jobber is a wrestling term. It refers to someone who is brought in to lose and make the winner look good.

This boi right here needs a model.

ALPHARIUS

WEN

He's been out for years. Every marine is an Alpharius model. :^)

play a meme legion get a meme answer

PYTHIAN SCALES + PALE SPEAR ALPHARIUS

WEN

>meme legion
t. bootybattered bitterboy

Aren't Blood Angels the new meme legion?

>word bearer legion kit helmets are literally just mk4 that someone jabbed a knife in to make runes
>no other marks then Maximus or a unique helmet pattern
>just normal mk4 with runes

Still not as bad as the copy pasted Emperors Children helmets. But Thousand Sons and Ultramarines are spoiled with two helmet kits.

Jew
8th suck,7.2 will be soo much better

Space Wolves and Sons of Horus.

So apparently the Scananon dumped us for Flames of War. Is this truly the end?

It still killed us, though. Hopefully people will trickle back as it becomes less of a novelty, but we'll still be far below our glory days.

I vote to make HHG threads weekly instead of continuous, in the hope of concentrating the few bits of good content we still have.

>there is only one scananon

We've been over this.

I think you need to read

Anyone have experience with running any Knights Errant or shattered legions with Meduson? I'm trying to fluff up a fun force with some existing IH for post-Ferrus games.

If the man wants to get out, he can get out.

But it's a betrayal of this place and this community. I think we need to censure the Scananon for not trying to help us in our hour of need.

He's a big boy, he can do what he likes. We'll either get by without him or the whole community just descends into poorfags whining for scans and not-poorfags complaining about poorfags whining for scans.

>in our hour of need

What hour of need? There's nothing for him to do. There's no books out for him to scan. He can scan the next FW book when it comes, but other than that, what do we need from him?

I'm not going to threaten him for "betraying us" nor am I gonna suck his dick to make him stay. He's a free man, he can suck his own dick.

this book proves lorgar has daddy issues

From what I've heard I'm disappointed. I like it when villainous characters have loving families. Kor Phaeron is way more interesting in my eyes as an evil but affectionate father figure than an abusive stepdad.

I wasn't exactly expecting good things from Thorpe though.

Spoilers/synopsis please?

Thorpe just ruins everything, doesn't he?

In the first part with child Lorgar, Kor Phaeron smacks him and gets his guards to heavily beat him pretty often for asking too many questions, not calling him master and for calling him father at one point, he then does a 180 later when Lorgar saves his life

I have no idea how this man became first captain

Fuck it, I'm in. Who's going to send him the edict?

He got shat on by the people he was helping, that and he doesn't have access to a proper scanner real soon.

I mean shit, he ripped apart expensive books so people could get the rules and a few smacked talked him. He can do whatever he wants.

To top things off he never name fagged, scanannon was as based as it gets.

Who took a shit on him and why would he need to rip books apart, there are ways of scanning books without destroying them. I mean, they scan old books and manuscripts without tearing them to pieces.

What colour are Imperial Fist veteran helmets? Veteran sergeants are shown with a white vertical stripe on red and a red vertical stripe on yellow. Is the forearm symbol the only visual signifier regular veterans get?

>He got shat on by the people he was helping
Literally one poster was being rude and the rest of the general told him to fuck off. Stop being such a drama queen.

Courtesy of Scanon. (not him)

I loved the last chancers but I haven't read any of his marine books.

Manuacripts and ancient texts get scanned by either unbinding them very carefully, or with regular old photography. You only get high quality scans if you can lay the paper flat on the scanner bed, and that ain't happening if it's bound in a book.

And Scannon got shat on by a bunch of newfags in the AWG fallout, if I remember correctly.

It was a handful of dedicated trolls. But to the untrained inhabitant of 4ch, it might as well appear to be an army. He has been driven out, and we will not see his like again.

I've seen a system like this used for old manuscripts.

That looks like photography, friend.

Both create an image file, do they not? Not sure what extra info a scanner picks from a page.

Scanning is just taking pictures of pages.

When painting an Alpha Legion army, do you stick to a single color scheme? I wanted a bit of a mix of the various different schemes, but would this look bad?
What do you think is the nicest color scheme for the Alpha Legion?

Well now is your chance.

>I think we need to censure the Scananon

How dare you. Go play in traffic or /40kg/.

Scanons, please forgive us for the fuckers like this which you must suffer. We love you.

Friendly reminder that if you weren't at the Siege of Terra you're an NPC legion.

But all the Legions were at Terra now. BL retconned it. There's even Ultramarines at Terra.

If you want to be more truthful, go with 'if your Primarch wasn't at the Siege of Terra you're an NPC legion'

>ultramarines at SoT

What? I must have missed that retcon, were they there in any kind of great numbers?

We know of at least one, a Captain Arcadese who is in Kyme's gates of terra. He commands the Ardent Reef series of fortifications.

Pretty sure all the legions had some honor guard (~10-15 marines) on Terra. See Severian from the Sons of Horus (Loyalist).

So basically what you're saying is that mkVII is fluffy for everyone to use.

I'm a big fan of the purple, but you almost never see it done.

It really is great to be in the top three legions.

Friendly reminder that the LOYAL legions that didn't betray the Warmaster and True Emperor of mankind are the Top legions

No user, you are the censure.
And then user was a shitposter.

What are your opinions on painting up Imperial Fists in a deserty DAK color? I don't care for lemon yellow and I want to avoid the turbopleb black scheme.

Patrician taste

Even as an autistic Dark Angel fanboy I can say that being in the three bulk loyalist legions at Terra puts them above the rest. Raven Guard, Iron Hands and Salamanders get a pass for being all but destroyed at the Dropsite but the Ultramarines, Dark Angels and Space Wolves can pretty much fuck off.

Guilliman thought that it would be better to empire build than attempt to figure out the situation first.

The Lion just fucked about, yeah they smashed the Night Lords but didn't take them out of the game.

Leman 'pretending to be retarded' Russ is the worst of all, he was actually at Terra then left because 'wolves don't stand on walls' or some other bullshit. Then he went to fly off and get his legion BTFO to the same extend as the Dropsite loyalists.

This is all caused by them extending the length of the HH but not changing the events that happened.

Was it originally longer or shorter than it is now?

IMO the whole thing needs to be longer, something like 500 years for the Great Crusade and 25 years for the Heresy.

wait ignore me, I read extending as changing.

Still think it should be longer though.

Does anyone know what paint that teal is?

Asked this in the 40k general but it moves too fast and this one doesnts.

So whats the go when two Black Library novels contradict each other? Recently read the Crimson King and it kills off a character thats later on in the Ahriman series.

We don't know if Guilliman and Lion responded any differently than Sanguinius when they all discovered the Emperor was alive. It could be that they just got delayed by warpfuckery on the way to Terra but birdboy got lucky.

Just pick the one you like best and forget about it, GW fluff has been unclear and contradictory since ever.

>So whats the go when two Black Library novels contradict each other?
Official policy is that new fluff overwrites old fluff.
>t. Girlsname Goulding

Fair enough. Its not even too egregious just something I noticed.

Crimson King was a weird novel either way. It felt like it was trying to tie up too many lose threads but also opened up new ones just for the sake of it.

Lion and Sanguinius both manage a pretty decent late 80s/early 90s hair rocker look, but Guilliman is really letting the band down.

>It felt like it was trying to tie up too many lose threads but also opened up new ones just for the sake of it.
This should be Black Library's tagline.

My nigga

Probably wont come with wings because the modeler doesnt like doing those.

It tied the Blood Raven idiocy.

The fleets that Magnus sent off before BoP happened, made it to the Planet of Sorcerers. And Janus is a shard of Magnus.

ADB won. The Blood Ravens are not TS.

>The Blood Ravens are not TS.
The BR could never be TSons as they dont suffer from the flesh change. Thats not ADBs fault.

How can I make MK3 destroyers stand out beyond two bolt pistols? Hard mode is that I already play a black painted legion.

Add some funky tubes to the helmet? Paint them scorched metal rather than black?

Have them be really heavily weathered grey? Think ceramite thats caked in ground-up civvie and then irradiated for a month

Is this a nipple horn joke?

Yes. I'm still salty.

>warhammer fantasy general is more alive then hhg

SAD!

Decent HH rts that brings life to dead games when?

>people complaining about the slow general contribute nothing
Honestly this place is better now than it was a couple of months ago, at least the shitposters, attention whores and namefags have fucked off.

>Blowing up the entire WHFB setting and ending all support for the game did less to kill off the community than the decision to keep HH in 8th

Wew. Are there any contrarians left who think that FW hasn't made a monumental blunder?

I'm on the fence, I consider it a massive blunder from the view that it killed off the community but I still prefer 7th to 8th rules.

>game with decades of players who are motivated because GW shafted them and probably don't care much about AoS
vs.
>Marinefags waiting for their marinefag: the game to get its next book and can spend time following what happens in 40k in the meantime

I highly doubt HH's gonna stay in 7th. They can barely keep making army lists. Now imagine them making an entire game and upkeeping it. Yes, I know it's 7e, but they're now in charge of keeping that going, not just piggybacking on GW's rules.

I can only imagine their rulebook as being there purely to have a rulebook for people to buy (now that GW doesn't print 7e ones anymore) while they spend the next few years slowly converting all their stuff over to 8e.

>Coming summer 2018:
>The Horus Heresy book 1: Betrayal, 2nd edition.

FW, you're a genius...

yeah that sounds pretty nice, I'll probably have them a dirty grey/metallic colour to contrast them from the rest of the force.

I'm holding off on any heresy-only purchases for a while, since i was planning pre-8th on doing a second legion (crimson sons, the pre-nostraman night lords, was going to get a glaive to go with my choom squads and go full mechanised volkite blitzkrieg), but i'm waiting until we know whats in store for 7.5 before i make any major decisions.

>initiative stays, charging gives you +1 I
>everything gets toughness values, but non-brick vehicles (i.e. not one AV all round) are +1 to wound from rear shots, also vehicles have arcs of fire
>templates stay, make quad mortars just do d3+1 hits and fire once instead of scattering four times

FW pls

>i'm waiting until we know whats in store for 7.5 before i make any major decisions.
>initiative stays, charging gives you +1 I
>everything gets toughness values, but non-brick vehicles (i.e. not one AV all round) are +1 to wound from rear shots, also vehicles have arcs of fire
>templates stay, make quad mortars just do d3+1 hits and fire once instead of scattering four times

I know you're probably wish listing there but if you seriously think that 7.5 will be anything more than a direct copy-paste job of the 7th rulebook with a fancy red FW cover then you are deluded.

>I know you're probably wish listing there
what, the
>fw pls
didnt tip you off?

So, when are we getting those Aquilion Terminators? They were shown like a month or so ago as "coming soon". Do you think they're taking the time to fix them so they look more like Cataphractti?

Open day is in like two weeks, we're probably just going to get more sicaran variants though

>Do you think they're taking the time to fix them so they look more like Cataphractti?
>FW altering finished sculpts because the fanbase has a fit
We have Magnus with no nipple horns and Mortarion with no rebreather, what do you think.

>changes

FW have already made it pretty clear that 7.5 more like 7.nothing, amirite? will have no rules changes. All they're doing is incorporating HH rules, removing anything redundant, and putting it in the 30k graphical format.

Yeah, I figured but I have seen some people use >pls unironically.

Yes forgeworld, that's nice and all, but when's the meltamouth doggo coming out?

I'm still miffed that FW did change their original reaver squad and the SoH upgrade kit before release. The original had stuff that we saw in black and red book "sketches" or concept art. Basically it was a ton of individualized parts based of all three mks instead just 3 reused heads and bodies

That sounds crazy, do you have any pictures or references?

Here's two pics of pre release reaver/upgrade stuff. Unfortunately the one image of the actual reaver squad I can't get because the image hoster thing is down. But I'm pretty sure I can find it once I'm home