Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Based Xenos, helping where it counts.

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising Edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Redemptor is Redumpstor.

second for spikey bits

third for kasrkins

>crying ancient of the chapter.jpg

he didn't ask to be put inside it

Lets do this Xenos/Chaos bros!!

6th for I want psy-automata and Sorcerer Dreadnought in 40k.

Nth for Savlar

Wait, Redemptor is bad? Damn.
Still going to use mine though.

So, world eaters and emperor's children will be in the csm codex? Kind of disappointing, was hoping all 4 cult legions were going to get their own codex

Alpha Legion

>chaos gets a .5 codex again but after the campaign they lost

They probably will user, just be patient. They're updating DG first. And also re-updating TS, really hoping I get some more fun psychic abilities when that comes back.

Why are Xenos so retarded that they help Chaos?

>realized white scars aggressors are really good
>can move and advance 8"-14" before dropping a huge bolter bomb or bathe something in flamers
>can fall back from chaff that survive their absurd overwatch and charge something else

>raven guard aggressors
>infiltrate 9" away, walk up into flamer range
>if anything charges you, 24D6 autohitting S4 shots

I hope Alpha Legion gets more shit, they got a book recently so fingers crossed for Raptor Primaris or something

Primaris Captains can only take a power sword.

Well fuck, there goes my idea to give him a deathwatch thunder hammer.

Man, I've been playing Guard and Nids too long. I went back to start putting together a Primaris list and I'm so utterly shocked at how few models I can get into it.

Hell, even standard marines. Tried throwing together a 1000 point/50 PL basic list using Shrike and you can barely fit stuff in it. Wild.

Because people don't want the global campaign result to be "and the Imperium defended itself without major consequence," as it always has before.

Not that it will turn out any different, given the current results.

I wanna kitbash a Chaplin dreadnought as theres second hand models pretty cheap near me, what kit has dual fists with flamers/stormbolters?

A few questions:
-How could I justify running some Custodes in a detachment alongside TSons?
-If I paint my TSons something other than blue/gold or red, how many asspained neckbeards are there going to be?
-What's the maximum number of Exalts I should take in my detachment at once?
-Should I run a Questor Traitoris? I love the way they look, but if it'd be bad for my army, I don't know if I could justify the pricetag.

>Help Jobbers
>Help the faggots that get updates, and favoritism

Once the power fist model drops you can use that for a bit

Because Brits apply Brexit to everything.

Fun fact: the A in USA stands for Astartes.

So, it occured to me that Raven Guard infiltration is honestly a better option than deep striking for first turn charges now; you're better off sneaking in your assault units, then moving and assaulting, which may mean that Vanguards sans jetpacks might actually be worthwhile.

If it's anything like the first one I'd gladly loose a hundred campaigns to have something like that.

>Building primarily Primaris army
>Aggressors are great anti-infantry
>Can't stand the fucking frag storm grenade launcher for some reason

Anyone got an idea for a good replacement for them?

The BlAngels Dreadnought.

That's dumb though. Every xenos race loses way more by Chaos winning than Imperium.

Oh, I see, they're so retarded they act purely out of spite. They deserve to lose in the end.

Everyone i don't like is a cuck; the post.

I personally blame the Imperium-posters here.
>pic related

Stubbers off those AdMech robots maybe?

Chillax, it seems chaos-loving xeno players are mostly confined to UK.

There's no rules about how you paint models right?
So if I have guys painted as Guardians of the Covenant there's nothing to stop me saying they're actually Dark Angels for the purposes of the keyword right?

Speaking of Aggressors, how do Gravis shoulders compare to normal? Can normal shoulder pads be used for them?

There needs to be a discipline for each of the cults of Prospero as well as Tzeenth all with 6 powers each for a minimum of 36 unique psychic powers.

Also something needs to be done about Aspiring Sorcerers and Scarab Occult Sorcerers, they're more liabilities than assets with the current state of perils and they're useless gimp-smite.

Could you stand to put a pintle storm bolter on their shoulders? It's nearly the same thing

Infiltrate 10 man assault termies alongside 10 man reivers on turn one, get turn one charge off, watch blood fly, swoop in Stormraven on turn 2 and drop a dreadnought on whats left.

This all the imperium posters said that chaos would talk way to much shit if they won and would be annoying. Cue imperium guys with NPC talk and chaos tears memes. This is the future you chose imperium.

maybe the grenade launchers from the cataphractii/tartaros terminators?

I doubt it'll be that diverse. With any luck, we'll get one power for each of the cults. Maybe 6 to 12 uniques.

Unless they enforce WYSIWYG, then no, nothing is stopping you.
>Space marines are one of the only factions where painting scheme actually matters to WYSIWYG enforces.

Is that reaction picture your OC? You keep posting that everywhere

I would but I hate Assault Terminators so I'd probably use Vanguard Vets instead.

Legit because the Imperium are the ones winning.

As soon as Chaos starts winning, I'll fight them.

Goff Orks here, btw. Best Clan.

Can someone explain to me why I would want to buy numarines?

The models are bland and monopose. Aesthetically they're a lifeless product. They really have the CAD look, and can't be customized.

And on the tabletop they put me to sleep. Intercessors are a space marine and a half, and get none of the special weapons that tacs get.

Agressors are firebats from starcraft and their only options is to spam S4 shots, or spam S4 shots.

Inceptors seem like fairly good options to spam plasma, but they also look like shit. Why do they have snow shoes? Why do their guns have cute little shields? Why do they have terran marine cowls?

Hellblasters are also boring as fuck. Great more plasma spam, with three different flavors.

Don't even get me started on Reivers.

An the best part is that to transport any of them you need to buy the new nonsensical autism box. They can't ride Mastodons, which are so big they can transport fucking dreadnoughts. And the new tank also looks like boring CAD shit. It's covered in missiles and has retarded weapon placement.

And the nuNaughts only options are a bunch of heavy bolter shots, or even more fucking plasma.

Exactly zero of the new infantry have options besides more bolter shots, or more plasma.

Someone please explain the hype.

Alternatively, infiltrate 5 Aggressors and laugh maniacally.

Three Aggressors put out an average of 54 bolter shots when standing still. Given the Punisher is good, and the difference is in one strength, I wonder if boltgressors won't actually be fairly nasty based on pure weight of fire.

>>@54609773
>monopose.

(You)

And that's going to be bullshit, but hey that's GW for you.

I swear though I swear there must be someone on the design team that just really hates Thousand Sons, or am I just being paranoid?

Chapter tactics it doesn't matter at all

Doesn't matter for using Dark angels specifically rules

As of the FAQ you CANNOT take special characters and then just say they're stand ins for your successor chapters, although I'm sure any reasonable opponent will likely allow it anyway, I would.

I segregate my Primaris and my normies.

There is no hype.

I think they look cool and you spent 500 words stating a fairly shallow opinion

I think spite is a valid reason for action; but I doubt it will matter in the grand scheme of things user. Imperium-posters do make out at LEAST 60% of the playerbase in this alliance as Imperium includes IG, Marine, Admech, Skitarii and the Deathwatch players. 3 of which are highely popular in them selves.

I'm not even sure what the Chaos faction offers players. Demon spam lists? 2-3 factions of CSM?

What do you expect from a possible future Guard Codex ?

I saw it; I felt ashamed and regret.
Then I took action and cropped that shit out.
>I am by no means a perfect person, but I do try where I can.

This.
Also skull face sarcophagus. Just needs BA stuff scraping off and greenstuff filling.

Here's the crozius for my SW chaplain dread. The crozius is the custodes shields and BA librarian dread polearm.

>Beep Boop time to unblock some drains

how many editions until vehicles become over costed trash and infantry rules?

Regiment bonuses.

Maybe some new orders? Orders are kinda like the equivalent of psychich powers in terms of use and power level.

Stratagems for tanks and artillery.

Got a picture a the one in particular you're talking about?
No idea, i know the mark x power armor is head and pauldron compatible
When i get some aggressors i can try to fiddle around with them, but to me the issue they just lack any real 'umph' to the look

>Then I took action and cropped that shit out.
I know, but I had to meme on your meme with another meme

NOW
O
W

54 bolters kills 15 orks, a marine squad, or strips 4 wounds off an average vehicle. Of course they're good when you can pull it off. They're going to be damage magnets for your opponent.

Ok guys, the CSM leaks have told us that there are 45 Datasheets in the Codex

There's about 70 in Heretics Astartes in the index

Obviously CSM will lose some of the cult shit like DG and Tsons exclusives, but Kharn and Zerkers are confirmed, so obviously the Elite Cult options for PMs, Rubrics, NMs, Zerks are still around
What Datasheets are we losing? My bet is on daemonic mounts, similar to why CSM lost bikes for most of their heroes

My GW guy flipped out yesterday when people were saying the campaign is over because of this week. I proceeded to win 2 games and show him my start collecting nids for points against imperium.
It's not over till GW says it's over

I understand. Have a (You), it's on me.

>As of the FAQ you CANNOT take special characters and then just say they're stand ins for your successor chapters
I know thats why I was asking if anything in the rules stopped me from using the DA keyword instead which would allow me to use Belial

>time to play 40k
>oh yes, a classic! i shall put my guardsmen behind an aegis defense line.
>opponent arrives
>hello, today i am playing Imperial fists
why did games workshop write these shittastic rules

>Annoyed the siege legion beat you in a siege.

now you know why they IW hate them

>I'm not even sure what the Chaos faction offers players.

Demonette models have a tit. Does any imperium model have a tit?

That's a store legal tit too, not some third party crap.

pretty much this
Do you also cry when noise marines ignore your cover?

I bet the Guard cried when they realized the walls of the emperor, his divine will made manifest -- his will to shield and protect, I bet they wept when their walls didn't shield them from the insidious sonic weapons

Yeah, it would be wonderful to have that many choices. I'm hoping for at least some unique Tzeentch themed abilities so there can be some more fun on the tabletop.

> Everyone acting like the first week of the campaign is gonna be the end all be all
We've literally got another 5 weeks to go people, calm down.

This is Konor News.

Literally nothing has changed in the passed 12 hours. Both sides are sitting in their trenches, with the occasional artillery barrage or errant Ork Waagh.

This is across the whole front, in every theatre. On the plus side, the only real casualty today was one Pvt Dickinson, who stubbed his toe and had to be granted the Emperor's Mercy.

Goodbye and good luck, kill us a traitor.

>castling Imperial Guard trailer park army
>gets annihilated
>pic related

So that the SM could cover most of the situation that are encounter-able through the use of different chapters?

Or if I should put it in a way that is easier to understand.
>time to play 40k
>oh yes, a classic! i shall put my [Faction models] in a [Transport]
>opponent arrives
>hello, today i am playing [models with a lot of 36'' range D6 damage.]
"why did games workshop write these shittastic rules"

Honestly I wouldn't mind and I can't imagine anyone else really would since that was perfectly legal 3 months ago and had been for years

Where is the enthusiastic lad?
Get that low-energy slag out of here.

specialized anti-cover unit versus nearly an entire codex's unit choices

wow good thinking

That looks awesome!

How much of your army do you have painted?

Did those guys miss the fact that each week is fighting over a new planet?

a tit? Those generally come in pairs, according to pictures i found on the internet.

Do SM Librarians undergo soul binding?

>I understand. Have a (You), it's on me.
Th-thanks.

Checked, bw

She's bored because there's no change.

Yes.

Can a space marine company that becomes too deviant from their main chapter be used as a seed for a new chapter? Not in a renegade or heretical sense, they just end up with a split culture due to various reasons

That's how a lot of second founding chapters were organized, black templars especially

you're not mad at the game idiot

you're mad at cheeselord opponents, get better friends to play against

Your complaint (which you've tried to hide using poor communication skills) is that a generic space marine army can just pick whatever chapter tactics they want to fuck your army over.

You know what? Fuck you.

Index Xenos 2 isn't OP because you could show up with a list and some opponent could take only the units which counter you.

Warhammer 40k has always been shit at WAAC competitive levels, and has always been written with the concept of having fun in mind. You and your opponent are supposed to be having fun. At GW in nottingham this means collecting and painting models you look cool and then aftwards you can roll some dice with a friend and a beer and have a laugh at what happens.

Wargaming stemmed from painting models, people looked at their shelves and wondered "who would win in a fight?"

The rules aren't bad because some people abuse them, those people are bad.

Same way that society isn't bad because some people rape and murder.

In short fuck you and enjoy the Imperial Fists, masters of siege warfare from turning your pathetic attempt of a siege into a pile of mud and blood.

You're a goddamn clown trying to run the carnival

How do I do checks be actually square, I can never get the bastards consistent.

Ynnari Wraithguard look incredibly broken. Double advance move 16" with WotP and reroll shots to get 30 s10 -4 auto hits. Next turn fire twice. 30 wounds per unit of t5 power armor with conceal.

not with Daemonettes

So your 4+ becomes a 5+, big deal

Rather than black Templars rerolling charges that will wipe your units or Raven guard infiltrating into rapid fire range

It really could be worse

About 90% of my armies are painted, need to work more on some chaos vehicles and the Dark Imperium stuff.

take an exacto knife and lightly score out the pattern on the surface. itll act as guidlines and the grooves will actually help keep paint in the lines

I figure 99/100 times it'll be cool but knowing my luck I would run into some turbo autist who bitched.
Tbh I might just repaint all my shit anyway.