/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

You are already dead.

DC is better than Marvel because DC has Power Girl

ok

Isn't power girl a massive slut who the writers intentionally have mainly/only date black guys?

I came here for the hogs. Where are the hogs?!

>DC > Marvel
Thank god it's opposite day

Marvel CYOA:
Mentor:
>Dr Strange (+6 Magic Points, +4 Psychic Points, +2 General Points, +10,000,000):
Magic Powers:
>Utility Magic Rank 2 (-3 Magic Points)
>Summoning Rank 1 (-1 Magic Point)
>Temporal Magic Rank 1 (-2 Magic Points)
Psychic Powers:
>Telepathy Rank 1 (-1 Psychic Point)
>Precognition Rank 1 (-1 Psychic Point)
>Domination Rank 1 (-2 Psychic Points)
General Powers:
>Immunity to Ageing (-1 General Point)
>Transmutation (-1 General Point)
Gear:
>Shield Generator Tier 1 (-4,000,000)
>Lair Tier 1 (5,000,000)

>DC is better than Marvel
Very true.

I can be your hog tonight, user

oink oink

The balance in this cyoa is fucked up.

W-will you look for truffles and m-mud bath with me, too?

Where is the immunity to aging? I can't see it on the sheet.

Very untrue, actually

Scumbag

ever hated someone so much you wish they never existed? well for the low low price of [insert large amount of cash here] you can make that happen!
with this one simple transaction your archenemesis/traitorous ally/ex will be killed before they are born
*cash upfront- as if this is successful you wont need to order the hit in the first place

Name: Mord- not really, but no one uses their real name unless they have a cool one like "Dr Doom"
>Mentor
ghost rider

>powers
magical:
temporal magic: 2

physical:
agility:2
durability:2

general:
projection magecraft: 2

>Gear
Utility belt:2
Guns:1
Vehicle:1 (sweet armored car, has built in james bond gadgets)

time to get filthy rich, or get fucked up the ass by butterfly effect, or have some gods/eternals pissed at me for messing with time too much

Enjoy your leftist garbage. It makes no difference to me what you like.

general powers are off sheet stuff

You are 100% correct.

Time to retire, immediately. I mean, if you can affect time so that you jump timeline and people don't really have the enemies or have to order hits, then money are also not a problem. Your logic is like that that gave rise to those funny machines that operate on interaction of weight, pulleys, levels and whatnot to do basic, very simple things.

DC is better than Marvel for shitload of reasons. Though I still prefer my manga

>if you can affect time so that you jump timeline and people don't really have the enemies or have to order hits
its more "give me $10,000,000 and i will shoot tony stark as a baby"

its not reality warping, its killing someone in the past- naturally whoever ordered the hit will no longer remember tony stark and so wont order the hit, hence upfront money

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I will save this for further reference against gays. I'm not actually gay.

>I'm not actually gay.
Whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night, faggot.

Remember, kids.

It's only wrong when SDA does it!

Honestly, the best thing about manga is their variety and not being overly dependent on shitty gimmicks like marvels constant events.

Apparently the file size limit was lowered since I found this CYOA since I can't post page 2

Guys let's dress as superheroes and touch penises it's gonna be hilarious haha

Dude, it's done, drop it please?

When you save an image from Veeky Forums and repost it, for whatever reason the file size increases. I recently published OC at around 6 and a half MB, but in reposts it's 7 and change.

Don't bring that shit back up. It's your own fault for constantly replying to shitposts.
It's pretty obvious that most of them just didn't like the idea of a textbook styled cyoa. Replying to them won't do shit. It's like trying to argue with someone who doesn't like waifu cyoas.
What you should actually do, is just tone down/completely remove that background texture. That goes completely against what a textbook looks like. It just makes people expect something, that it's not supposed to be.

That's She Hulk...

Again, a friendly reminder

If you don't want anybody to like your cyoas go ahead and:

>have it be about cyoa "authors"
>involve rolling in a big way
>involve mystery boxes in a big way
>involve being a little girl in any way

>give me attention
yeah nah, suck a dick please.

Figured it was both?

You had me, then you lost me.

I like mystery boxes, and I just see the whole "little girl" thing as a meme.

Rolling can go hoark on a buffet of dicks though.

(You)

True, with exception that there's one more important poin when it comes to manga - it's still nowadays being in biggest part about story, not pushing socio-political agenda - a thing that dominated Marvel writing and turned most of the characters and storylines into shit.

Naw the sites interaction with jpg is weird and the file ends up growing in size between upload and download

Why is this post considered shitposting? Because it's sarcastic?

All it is really saying is that SDA's design misstep was subtle and minor, not really their fault, and will easily self-correct as SDA gains experience with the aesthetic. All this wrapped up in the playful criticism of SDA's unwillingness to accept the possibility of a mistake on their part.

Honestly it's incredibly tame, friendly, and flattering as criticisms go.

>shitty gimmics
Like big eyes and super-deformed style?

>have it be about cyoa "authors"
Arguably true, though may be fun from time to time.
>involve rolling in a big way
Absolutely true.
>involve mystery boxes in a big way
Wrong.
>involve being a little girl in any way
Wrong though excessive use of such may be harmful for a CYOA.

I think you mistake "if you don't want me to like your CYOAs" for actual "anybody to like your CYOAs". Whatever I may say myself about elements you mention, the truth is that people on average don't mind the first point and enjoy third and fourth if done right and to claim otherwise is either lying, being newfag or stupid.

You have some sort of third party data being tacked on when you save something. That's not good, dude. Bring your computer to the STD clinic.

Is it possible to buy Seed 2 twice?

same reason any post is considered shitposting

well if you won't post all of it then don't post anything you cunt

Specifically on the initial upload, not in general. phrased what I meant much better than I did.

Not sure the Paragon/Renegade things line up. I mean, considering Reed's history I doubt people would ever find 'I used to work with him, now I'm a villain' remotely surprising. Heck, it likely gets you a free high five from Hank Pym.

You don't know what a gimmick is.
Also, ironically manga is way more diverse in regards to style.

tell that to tamagotchi moot

I enjoy rolling dice for cyoas, because I'm a compulsive gambler.

>just tone down/completely remove that background texture
There we go. That's what I'm talking about.

I agree, user. Noise is the issue, but this doesn't really add up to a cataclysmic failure people are making it out to be.

Sorry.

Papa SDA*

A sarcastic shitpost is still a shitpost. Thus I will shitpost along as merry-go shitposting goes.

Had to resize it

What's hiroshimoot adding to jpgs?

>but this doesn't really add up to a cataclysmic failure people are making it out to be.
What are you refering to? I don't recall you making anything lately that'd be something utterly horrible. Did I miss something?

>resize
You are adorably helpless

Bitcoin.
He's using us to launder his money from his sex-slave trade. If we all stopped posting and re-posting, he'd go broke.

Is it GoT time yet

From the kind of stupid shit I've seen people do, I'm slightly inclined to believe this.

You missed a shitstorm last thread.

Apparently my design choices for my last CYOA made it a failure. It was horrid; even made one user blind in an eye. They bullied me and chained me up, screaming that I made the ugliest CYOA in the universe.l with every swat of the paddle.

It's metadata. Veeky Forums strips most of it when uploaded but the upload still can't be above a certain amount. Even a brand new computer would increase the size of a file saved from here.

I think it would be helpful to have more of those sidebar comments and info you see in modern textbooks, like the blue box you have beside a title, but i don't know how you would actually do that without increasing wasted whitespace significantly.

I hear that a lot

>They bullied me and chained me up, screaming that I made the ugliest CYOA in the universe.l with every swat of the paddle.

Gonna check it out. Did you perform graphical equivalent of Eronomicon or something?
Sorry, couldn't help myself

I wanted to have more but that risked space and I didn't have enough alternate portraits of the students. They were originally intended for the actual textbook and would give more useful/insightful trivia.

Again, I don't know what to do about space, but as for the portraits maybe you could instead use an illustration of some key aspect of their description and link that? Or maybe even an unexpected illustration that is linked to the character by the text description, that reveals a hidden side to them? But the whitespace/margin really is the main thing hindering it and not easily solved.

Do you merely enjoy being vague and unhelpful, or do you really not know?

I looked and found nothing in particular, beside some file you've deleted and some random textbook pages that don't seem to be CYOA. What gives?

Then Veeky Forums is adding to images without our consent. Why do people not use png instead?

But did you enjoy it

I looked too, Sandra didn't post the cyoa with his name.

Some anons were just upset that they can't read cursive, from what I've been seeing.

People didn't like the plain white background and limited design.

The cyoa wasn't particularly bad, just one particular decision. SDA enjoyed getting bent out of shape over it for some reason.

Can you link that CYOA then? I want to know how he fucked up if at all.

An isolated failure is just a failure, no big deal about it. Are you sure you are not adding that "cataclysmic" part yourself, for the drama?

I'm not sure if tinypng could actually make it small enough to repost. I might try it as an experiment, but I don't know if people will widely adpot it.

the biggest problem is the existence of the older version. It's more complex and shiny. People going "it's too basic" really mean "I want it to look more fancy like the original version".

It's just the redesigned magical mentor one.

See: You are getting upset for literally the opposite reasons as to why it actually is. (You) are doing it. It's a privacy measure in addition to a help against the strain we put on the sites. Please be more insufferable.

Meh, then it's really nothing much to complain about. S;ⱭA, you've made it sound like actual bif-scale drama. Correct that one bit people are bothered with if it's such a problem and let's move on.

People got bothered at SDA calling everyone a shitposter and a moron for not liking the new design, but I wouldn't call it a big deal regardless.

>Mentor:
Tony Stark
>Powers:
Genius 1 (nanomachine specialty)
Alien Tech 2
>Gear:
Nanomachines 2

So. I don't even really know what I have here with Nanomachines 2 boosted by Alien Tech 2, but I know it's good. It's basically a blank check on what I can do. I'm thinking, between 10 and 12 power points, and they're all general so I can spend them on anything in or outside the cyoa, but I still can't go beyond the relative powerlevel of the cyoa. My versatility is limitless, but it's gonna take a long time to learn to use that versatility to its full extent.

I'm tempted to go full ham and rant about NANOMACHINES, SON, but I honestly just wanna be the chillest mid-to-high tier hero ever and hang with Spidey.
>Galactus is here!
Uh, yay? Oh wait, this is bad, isn't it?
>He's the Devourer of Worlds!
Devourer of Worlds sounds like a metal album. Like a concept album.
>You need to take this seriously!
I know, and I'm trying. But everyone here looks like a circus reject and there's more spandex here than in my slash fiction erotica.

Both of them do.
Because that's what a feminist would do, obviously. Pic s

Comic book balance is fucked up, so it's fine.
Honestly the best, easiest path to power is to just take Genius 2 and study the shit out of everybody with powers.
Even if you can only fully understand and replicate 1% of the superpowered people, you could easily turn yourself into a god.

I think it has more to do with their general submission to law and order, rather than any sort of hero/villain ratio.
You can be a hero and still break the law.
Cap did during the first Civil War.
If the Punisher was on here he'd be like 95%–100% Renegade, and he's one of the best heroes out there.
Meanwhile Doom (who is generally a 'villain') is sitting at 30/70 because he does follow his own code, even while ignoring everyone else's.

See? I told you once you had calmed down a bit you would be more accepting.

I've disabled all the piggybacking metadata mechanisms I don't like, thank you very much.

That's not the problem, though. I liked most of the rework; it just wasn't 100% successful. I gave feedback when asked but apparently once you get your back up it's hard to relax and see no everyone is attacking you.

You realize that "then" implies an "if", right?

I also gave him feedback and his response was perfectly civil. I also don't remember any concrete advice that he was ignoring. Just going 'it's too basic' or 'it doesn't look nice' doesn't help, so I understand why he responded the way he did.

Feedback and advice isn't really the same thing.

I dig the hell out of this one. I do kind of wish the hometowns gave you a bonus, but that's just me being greedy

Yeah, I found it sort of odd that they didn't. I can see how it might have been hard to decide, though.

It seemed like hometowns might have at some point with them mentioning Dodland being the pkace with guns and whatnot.

Yeah, I've gotten him snapping at me when I'm trying to talk to him and he's got people yelling at him. He's always apologized when I explain myself, though.

To out myself as a fucking hick, don't go petting stressed animals, and if you do, don't get angry when they bite you. They'll calm down eventually.

this'n

>the biggest problem is the existence of the older version
I knew this would be a problem but I didn't really care about those type of complaints.

I like how the new design is, but apparently I'm not allowed to disagree with people. That allegedly triggered a lot of people.

I never once disregarded any piece of advice that I thought I agreed with, and provided my rationale to counter. But if the response is "it's shit" then I don't really have much to go by, user.

Portray me as a doggirl and we gucci.

>don't go petting stressed animals
It'd be nice if people stopped tugging on their tails claiming they're helping.

I haven't used this page yet, but the author put it out afterwards

It's really just human nature. The best way to get through to him is to make your point succinctly and move on, the longer you go on the easier it is to make a slip that will discount your whole argument. Most of the authors put a lot more though into their shit than we give them credit for, criticism does get through.