Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Nurgle x Khorne, best bros edition

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising Edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a8_MjeU8MLM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

remove loyalist

2nd for ork boyz are better point for point than genestealers who will always be third best at melee

Blob of 20 Fulgurites in a 2k Admech army, yes/no? I fight a lot of Bangles and Marines of all stripes, seems like they'd do a decent job of protecting Big C, my Dunecrawlers and snipers from melee. Also look kinda fun. Anyone actually got to use them in games?
Was planning on running 20 and buying them a Triaros when we get those, as well as praying we get some decent gear in FoC.

Alpha Legion

Working on it sir!

6th for the dice throne!

THINGS WILL GET LOUDER NOW

There anymore art of them fighting dark eldar?

Gimp user?

ANYONE NOT USING 10 REAVER TITANS CANT POST HOW THEIR LIST WILL KILL ANOTHER POSTERS LIST THIS THREAD WE HAD ENOUGH DICK MEASURING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nth for genestealer user and his fake theorycrafted army

>pre_heresy
Isn't the Alpha Legion in a constant state of heresy while not being heretics at the same time?

Templars are the best, 9" charge with rerolls is fucking awesome.

Sure is heretical in here.

Can anyone share some WAAC-tier competitive faggot list? I want to have a good laugh and look at what happened after the flyer nerf

What's the name of the guy one the left?

Nth for the rhino that died in the theory crafting wars

They joined horus because it was the only way to beat chaos for good, so they're chaotic good

How does one even assemble an Emperor's Children 40k army

Edgar

Aw leave him alone he's drawn lots of pictures of them with planned lists next to his art. As soon as he stops spending his good boy points on tendies he'll test out the army!

Reminder to ban named character faggotry in your games and refuse to play anyone fielding one unless its apocalypse.

Arguments to use in educating plebs
Ruins the aesthetic appeal of the game
I die inside whenever I see 4 different tables with pairs of unpainted guillimans punching each other.

Promotes waac faggotry. Almost all named character are universally overpowered. Making people feel like they're requires to compete.

Anti fluff. Sorry but Yvraine, Typhus, and Cawl aren't somehow present at every pissant skirmish across the universe. Pask isn't a genestealer.

Keep it up and wh40k will turn into star wars shit where every table has a darth vader and bobba fett.

Bloodofkittens.com
Razorflock spam was a good read

Literally the same list.

5 Stormravens and Gorillaman.

You need to kill Gorrilaman to win but how do you do it when he's not closest? Plus he has 3+ invuln and gets up on a 4+.

OP shit.

>mfw nerds going into turbo chad mode around me to argue that their toy soldiers are the better than yours!

Yeah, I can see Nurgle and Khorne getting on passably well as chaos gods go. Tzeentch and Slaanesh too. Sorta a friendship where all involved parties know a backstab is always coming.

K and N get drunk and smash heads, T and S fuck around with plotting and tentacles.

Ahriman seems fine...

How much real monies is that? I guess they save money not priming or painting them though!

>The mid-range I just don't see at 20

Yet you've already seen a gun with 10, 20 and 30 inch ranges.

>they've done the 18" melta for other factions, and the 6" is a big deal.

10, 18 and 30 are weird ranges to have.

THE LION MODEL WHEN?

Also when are we getting a look at Mortarion beyond a grainy 2x2 leak?

Well I'm not as autistic or baiting as much as this guy but there is a point in there.

I'm not a fan of adding Primarchs to the game since it devalues their 'underlings' and ruins the mystery. Who gives a shit about Calgar now when you have Girlyman?

Who cares about Ahriman when you have Magnus?

And soon we'll begin to forget about Typhus when Mortarion shows his face.

I'll run my Celisarius Bawl as many times as I want and you can't do anything about it.

Post your WiPs (no not those Whips DE players)
Currently working on a block of 20 necrons and ogryns
Give one of your models a funny name too if you want

After Alpharius gets a model

>mfw i'm fully planning using named characters and there's nothing you can do about it

This is why we need epic back to control the gay from ruining 40k. Get rid of flyers, super heavies primarchs and knights back to where they belong.

Typhus dosent even like Morty... does he have meta knowledge of what's to happen to him?

If the stormravens aren't in hover good luck bubbling girlyman after turn 1, drop in units or an opposing flier.
Valc taxi some smiters in.

!!! ... aw man.

Wait for the new book. A safe bet would be to include noise marines.

Lets say Lion is next, how would you introduce him Veeky Forums? What his story? I dont know how he could be interesting, most boring Primarch to bring back right now.

I'm not a fan of lords of war, fliers and primarchs too.

Don't plan on getting any.

Some shit with Cypher, something gay.

Non Australian version, pls don't bully me I have autism

On one hand I didn't really have much fun fighting Magnus yesterday but on the other I know the guy just brings him because he's a turbo-T sons fag and I'd rather not dictate how people make their lists if they're just being fluffy.

Sorry you got a batch of sideways models, should have sent them back to GW before painting them.

Lion gets all the sand out of his vagina confronts girlyman reveals that DA were a traitor legion all along

If this was third we would have to agree to allow special characters in the game, a strange rule for a strange time

As the chosen of Slannesh when rowboat kills Fulgrim he gathers his heretical horde of anus angels. Then marches for Terra.

Not weirder than 20".
And the 20" you showed was just a fraction of a gun with a very normal range of 30". 9" is a weird range, but not at half of a 18" range gun.

Also, the guns are going to be different types, you already called the first a "flamer", why should they have such regular intervals when they aren't the same type of gun.

Several characters seem to need a massive point adjustment. If they were priced more reasonably it probably wouldn't be as bad.

Damn son what kind of rental did you get after that accident? Are you ok?

Hey, I need some advice; I'm about to throw down against some Daemons tonight. As a Admech player, I need some help on making a army that's effective. Any suggestions on what to bring and do?

>yfw Cawl has his own legion of bots controlled by his AI

You're only hurting yourself friend. Every time you put him on the table to die to lasguns you're participating in intellectual rape like a common sellout.

>I die inside whenever I see 4 different tables with pairs of unpainted guillimans punching each other.

I do get where you're coming from, not least because that has literally been my local store for the last few months. Even the damned BA and GK players have Guillimen, and I can't do SHIT about them until I buy some Electro-priests. He should either be 600 points or get nerfed to the point where he's not three times as good as a Knight for 2/3 the cost.

Still, for some armies a NC is pretty much mandatory. Admech need Cawl, for instance, or they can't shoot for shit because the Index gutted their buffs.
Are you chill with people converting their own counts-as characters to lead their armies, with different models and fluff? Because that has been my recourse whenever I see a cool thing I can't take in Admech, make a counts-as and ally it in. Do that, makes your otherwise unfluffy army a bunch cooler.

>lion returns
>was girlymans secret lover
>12 part beast arises style book series of nothing but homoerotic fiction
>GWs stocks go up 200%

I want Perturabo to comeback and kill the fucking gene-mixed Honsou

As an AUSfag when is the most active time for this board?

1. Acquire a shitload of Noise Marines

2. Get a Flying Daemon Prince of Slaanesh.

3. A few squads of Chosen.

4. Havocs 4 Dayz

5. Sonic Helbrute.

It's not competitive, but it sure is fun.

I personally throw in Raptors and a Defiler as well, if only because everybody underestimates the Defiler

I'm a new player starting an iron warriors army.

Im looking to buy either the leviathan drednought with grav flux and butcher cannon or a sicaran tank? I'm favouring the leviathan but I'm interested if anyone has some experience?

Why are some more darker than others?

Are we in Games Workshops golden age?

50 shades of gay

TFW each primaris marine has a psuedo order 66 implanted in them

>new player
>wants expensive FW shit

Just get some fucking forgefiends or something geez.

I hear about leviathans all the time so I'd say a safe bet would be that one. Welcome to the game mah nigga.

No, some people like this new nobledark while others preffer the much older grimdark.

God fucking damn I love Adrian Smith art.

Thousand Sons/Fallen attack somewhere
Dark Angels lose the Rock but it wakes the Lion
Luther and Cypher go missing
Guilliman arrives to meet his brother and name him Warmaster, the Lion grabs the entire Unforgiven and crusades on!

I think Dorn should be interred in a Dreadnought, like he's been rescued by his legion from the depths of Medreengard and they have to put his remains in a Dreadnought so he can survive.

Just starting to base up some of the DV Cultists after finishing some IG, working out what other colours to use for the clothing, probably stick with a safe brown/black/green

This is your opponents leviathan for the night

What do?

Am I blind or is the Auxiliary Grenade Launcher for Intercessors not in the weapons list? Is it free then? All the other shit is priced 0 if its free.

I guess.

Newest part of Helsreach just came out.

Spare key for my Malibu, couldn't find my main set and was late for work this morning
I appreciate your concern though user, you can fuck my wife if we ever meet as a thank you

It's just an ability they get, so yeah it's free

They already pay 0 for the grenades

>Still no Forge World Forrix

Dont do it

>my face when I want to buy a marauder but have to pay rent
Maybe in a month I'll fork the cash, should I get two vultures or one marauder anons?

I have a forgefiend already and have 2 jobs so plenty of spare money at the moment. And why get 'forgefiends' when that costs more than a leviathan or sicaran Anyway?

Flick it over hard after I kill it

It's the tyranid guy from a few days ago, I kicked some real ass and I got a shiny new box of DISTRACTIONS to reward myself. 2 quick questions,

what are the units carnifexes are supposed to be drawing fire away from? basically, what other squishier units should I use to capitalize on that? Warriors, gaunts, what?

also this feels retarded to ask but can I run genestealer cult models? They seem like a separate faction but they seem to have the tyranid keyword, so…

thanks again dudes

Glad to hear all is well user! Necron players are bro tier in my book.cool ogryn converts as well.

Pray to our spiritual liege for thinned paints

Personally I'm making a countsas one as an Admech Space Whale, with magnetized guns for turning into a counts-as 30k Stormbird when required.
Marauder Destroyer apparently kicks ALL the ass now, so there's that.

Not really, you still know its Cawl or Celestine. I'd rather counts as a tech-priest. I know destroyers and shooty kastelans are largely worthless without him though. That's GWs fault for releasing half an army then moving on the something else.

Ancient Chinese tricks to make all your necrons not look the same but also be able to be quickly painted
Used different densities of typhus corrosion, so some aren't watered down at all and look really grimey while others barely look slightly corroded

Want a real tip ?

Go to the bargain bin and pick up some IG artillery, basilisk, medusa and manticores and Use Renegade&heretics to add them to your army

Real nigga tip

real nigga cheap if you buy old crusty ones

real IW shit

I play loyalists, but this is probably the dopest pic I've seen.

Boring? I dont really like him but come one, if you want to stir up shit and cause chaos, Lions your man. He'll come back, be fucking pissed at the current state of the Imperium, pissed at his dark Angels for their treatment and obsession with the Fallen, pissed at Guilliman for rolling over to the new status-quo, pissed that Guilliman is the new lord-regent and not him. He wont happily follow him and will launch his loyalist Dark Angels into a war to fix shit right away.

He's probaby the best to make things interesting

>playing dawn of war 1
>3 army FFA
>both enemy armies do nothing but attack me all game and ignore each other
>constant stream of attacks from right and left, can never gather enough forces to get more requisition

what a shit game

>Not weirder than 20".

So in your mind, 10, 18 and 30 makes more sense than 10, 20 and 30? Fine.

>9" is a weird range

And yet it exists on its own. Disintegration Pistol, before you ask.

>Also, the guns are going to be different types

Of the same basic gun. Like how bolt rifle, auto bolt rifle and stalker bolt rifle, or assault plasma incinerator, plasma incinerator and heavy plasma incinerator are variants of the same gun.

>why should they have such regular intervals when they aren't the same type of gun.

Because it's still a melta weapon, it just spread the beam out more.

Why does the bolt rifle lose 6" of range when it has a drum mag? Why does it gain 6" when you slap a straight mag into it?

Yeah, Most Waac necron lists forgo 20 warrior blobs in favour of 10 Immortals because they put out almost the same damage for 3/4 the cost. They are a little less survivable though.
They also Tesla on 5+ with the Overlord buff; which makes the damage increase even more.

You are slightly mistaken about the "zooming" thing though.
Flying category vehicles makes enemies get -1 to hit, not themselves. And the Tesla destructor is an Assault weapon, not heavy, so it doesn't get a -1 penalty to their tesla for for moving, like the Doomscythe does for it's Death Laser.

But your general idea is right though!
If you try to tesla something with a -1 to Hit shield, like ravenguard marines, you will likewise not activate tesla, even on a 6.

>fight THREE times before the enemy can even scream in terror
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS

So how long will the whole failing golden throne plot point go on?

what happened at the start of 2014 and how many business execs killed themselves?

Looking at medieval iconography for inspiration.

Is there a Space Marine chapter with these colours?

Is that how its worded?

I've not seen this stratagem. I know the first two attacks happen in the 'charge' phase, so always go first but the third one?

I see your sneaky OOP 2nd/3rd ed Necron hiding in the back.
>I miss Assholoteph

I wonder if the auto-bolt rifle would be worth it if they were Assault 3 instead of 2....