EDH/Commander General

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What is your favorite combo?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahiji-enchantress-4/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/
discord.gg/4f4gz
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/latest-developments/pillar-never-was-2015-04-03
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Steak and eggs.

Boonweaver giant

Kiki Conscripts.

I really like Sage of Fables + Wizard with persist (and a sac outlet).

Nobody sees it coming in my marchesa wizard tribal deck

most favorite combo is dual caster and twin flame
both fit into zada so well

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

Anyone have a commander that they want to build but just keep procrastinating? I've been meaning to build Alesha ever since I drafted her, but I just keep putting it off and building other decks.

Hey, thanks, sorry about that. I'll try to include it next time.

Ghave + Utopia Mycon/Ashnod's Alter + Champion of Lambholt/Lumberknot/Swarm of Bloodflies/Cathar's Crusade + Falkenrath Noble/Blood Artist/Zulaport Cutthroat.

I'm still at the "Infinite Combos are FUN" stage of commander, but I at least like to think my deck is more interactive and less solitaire.

sram
i want a mono white deck but i keep putting it off

Any news on commander 2017?

no myr :(

>What is your favorite combo?

Mogg Maniac + Two Furnace of Rath style effects + Goblin Grenade + Any Other Goblin.

I've been meaning to build Arjun for at least a good year now. I still don't even own an Arjun.

So, Bribery banned when?

Where did your own bigsteelfriend touch you?

>Want to find the perfect Steal/Copy general
>Played Lazav, built it like shit. Too many 4~5 drops. Ditched it.
>Play Wrexial. Does next to nothing unless I somehow get Lightning Greaves and hope someone has at least a Cultivate
>Play Jeleva. No permanents allowed unless you want to wiff.
>Play Marchesa. Counters made it fun but sucks early game.
>Play Sen Triplets. They always die and any artifact ramp that gets destroyed inevitably grinds me to a halt
>Play Mimeoplasm. Find out later that reanimating your Jin-Gitaxis is just better.
>Play Riku. Great, but can't play Black. Clone/Steal is cog to the machine than the actual thing.
>Play Mirko Vosk. Mill people to find stuff. Hope I have what is necessary to get it from graveyards before they can recur it.
>Play Meirike. People see it coming and she either dies or slows things down because people have to play around it.
>Play Dragonlord Silumgar. Same exact deal.
>Play Gonti. It ends up being another mono-black deck.
>Play Scarab God. 4 mana in non-green colors kind of sucks and games I win involve a green player on the other side.

Why am I never satisfied with this archetype

When they kill off the current rules committee and they get people with a coherent idea of the power level that should be in normal Commander games.

Because the archetype is kinda shitty?

Sliver Hivelord Enchantress Auratron. Part Uril, part Zurgo, part Bruna, part Bantenchantress

>tried Riku but not Yasova
Why.

Because you're fucking terrible at deckbuilding?

it sounds like you're just really bad at building decks

too many 4-5 drops? what the fuck kind of problem is that? you're building for EDH, not fucking modern

no permanents allowed in jeleva? the fuck? you still get to cast from your opponents' libraries

apply yourself

>Favorite combo

Claws of Gix + Prototype Portal + Ugin's Nexus

help me improve this pile

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahiji-enchantress-4/

My playgroup consists of Riku (Usually wins, has infinites, not actually that powerful), Prossh (strongest deck but sandbags a lot), Gay Kings (Pre-con deck piloted by newest player)

I want to keep the enchantments theme but it usually plays out with me doing nothing or getting focused for playing scary looking things like Luminarch onto an empty field, followed by being deleted by Prossh or Riku

Do you buy built decks?
Like, a 120$ deck being sold for like 80$ due to the guy quitting? Or do you think it defeats some of the purpouse of the format?

If it's worth it, buy it with the intention of scrapping it. If you can get $80 or more worth of cards you'd use, it's not like you're contractually obligated to keep the deck together. Unless you would be contractually obligated to, but that'd be really weird.

Has anyone here done a commander draft? As it's not a really common format, I'm wondering how the logistics of it were handled.

How many packs was each player drafting, and how many per pack?

Was there a separate pack for commanders? Or were they mixed in?

What was the minimum deck size? How many players per game/pod? How long did it take from start to finish?

Been running Gisa zombies. Pondering making it into Scarab God. Is he a viable commander or should I stick with a mono black?

404 on the link friend.

I also need help, ive just made my first EDH deck but it still feels too janky. My dream was to create a deck that goes infinite in as many ways as possible to kill all opponents at once. Im struggling to find things to take out.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/

>modern
>4-5 drops
wat

I play Scapeshift Through the Breach.

he's saying the total opposite, you want to have 4/5 drops in EDH, you want to have very few in modern unless you're cheating things out, generating shitloads of mana or otherwise involving them in some shenanigans,

Oh ok. I misread.

Can anyone tell me what I can put into a Selesnya deck to make First Response a good, reliable token generator, or should I just sack it for a better generator?

sac, there are a lot of better generators

Ancient Tomb
Brushland
City of Brass
Mana Confluence
Sylvan Library
Talisman of Unity

Its just a bad card, you need something that can exchange mana or life for creatures or ramp up over time. Assemble the Legion is probably a better choice.

Martial Coup, Increasing Devotion, Entreat the Angels, Spirit Bonds, even Sigil of the Empty Throne can be a total monster if you can spam enchantments or bounce them which is a very easy combo to pull off with white.

Brushland, City of Brass, and other painlands, as well as the Talisman
Jade Monolith if you have creatures worth protecting from damage
Righteous Aura?
Splintering Wind if you have enough anthems to deal with the damage to your creatures.

If I'm paying four mana for something like this, I like it to have a bit of utility.

Don't forget to get a World Breaker, so you can search it up when you need to.

you might as well be running bitterblossom if you're going to hurt yourself every turn to get a single 1/1 for 4 mana. Takes a long time to pay itself off.

I can't believe WotC thought this card would be a problem in Standard but overlooked meme rhino

The only difference is a) color and b) able to get tokens faster if you can hurt yourself/get hurt on more than one turn per cycle.

It's each upkeep, so it scales with multiplayer. With enough effort, you could get 3 or 4 tokens every turn cycle.

Tell that to my boy here

I stand corrected, but still kinda expensive tho

>404 on link

well fuck, hopefully it should work now

Kinda hard to fit Assemble the Legion into a Selesnya deck.

Plains+serra ascendant

Have you considered:
Aegis of the Gods
Eidolon of Rhetoric

Mizzix + mana gyser + fanning the flames

Is there any decks Fathom Feeder actually is good for?

>fanning the flames
What about Comet Storm for cheaper

"Good"? No.
You can play it in Oona as a backup mana sink for your infinite mana combos.

Did you make this? Whoever did misunderstood the meme greatly. You're supposed to put the simplest and generally best way to do something at the top while putting in increasingly weird and inefficient comparisons as you go down until finally you reach an outright stupid thing at the bottom.

For this set of cards Bolt should be on top, then Rift Bolt, Lightning Strike, Open Fire, Ember Shot, and finally the UN set card. I personally would put something like Goblin Boom Keg in there instead of Deal Damage and use Ember Shot for the bottom though. Dude, it draws you a card! Who cares about the mana cost with that effect? Fucking brainlets don't get it.

circu the lobotomist. not even kidding.

No. The top is the dumb answer, then it gets more effective towards the middle, then more convoluted towards the bottom as you "transcend" the conventions of good and bad. Ember Shot is shit, Open Fire is bad, Lighting Strike is okay, Lightning Bolt is good, Rift Bolt is good... I guess? And Deal Damage is the sort of thing that you shake your head at. It's basically a measure of "spice" in /edh/'s terminology, with the top being things that you have no excuse to play and the bottom being things that you make excuses to play.

Rift Bolt is out of place. It's never better than Lightning Bolt.

>when you resolve Planar Rebirth after Armageddon for that massive landfall trigger

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/4f4gz

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

please include the correct link found here

I miss the Lord archetype.

>there are no wedge/shard gods

i like yummy ummy tittdied
do you like them too
:D

Is it possible to build a fun eldrazi/colorless deck for $25 if I already have Ulamog, the ceaseless hunger for a commander?

Prime Speaker Zegana, plus Laboratory Maniac. Clone the shit out of Zegana with Rite of Replication, Altered Ego, Progenitor Mimic, etc etc and just deck yourself out for the win

>having that gif saved for "ironic" purposes
Not fooling anyone.

Selesnya is good at gaining life, I'd go with Angelic Accord instead of First Response. Trostani as commander means you basically get a 4/4 and gain 4 life every turn.

if he wants to kill the thread then let it be an arms race

No.

Been thinking of converting my darfetti beatdown into colorless beatdown with pic related. I assume if I run him, I'll be facing many 1v3 archenemy type games right?

What is this, a Kozilek for ants?
TDG is going to serve you better than BOT

Actually,they nerfed it into oblivion,originally,I think it was supposed to cost three and trigger every upkeep without a condition,so then they freaked out at last minute,and made siege rhino to counter it,while also killing it...

Not quite.
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/latest-developments/pillar-never-was-2015-04-03

is this what you were expecting?

Savage Ventmaw and Aggravated Assault, though Sydi, Galvanic Genius and Aetherflux Reservoir are a firm #2.

>no Shock or Char

its for 3 damage only besides the last one

Why make an exception for the last one?
Because it's silver?
You racist.

Post spicy cards for your specific decks

Best in Gitrog

I don't care, aslong as the Worldfire autist from the last thread stays the fuck away.

Gutshot

>not buttshot

>multiplayer game
>one opponent brings really strong commander like Zur, Rafiq, etc.
>fuck that shit, remove as soon as it hits the board
>"WHAT THE FUCK MAN, WHY ARE YOU PERSONALLY ATTACKING ME THERE ARE OTHER CREATURES WHY DID YOU REMOVE MY COMMANDER WHAT DID I DO TO YOU JERK"
EVERY. TIME.

Sigil triggers on cast, not entry

Why is blue such a cunty colour in edh? It's so cancerous and unfun to play against but so many people run heavy blue.

You. Are. Scum.

beautiful art tribal

>Rando drops Jhoira
>Everyone rolls their eyes
>"It's different, I promise! It's not like every Jhoira deck!"
>Suspends Obliterate and titans
>Everyone murders him asap
>He pouts as everyone enjoys a game without him
>Our faces

I sure do love going from FFA to 4v1. Fuckin Jhoira players I swear.

You got that right

>playing newzuri, 4 man game
>t6 have a 5/5 listener elf, swing at guy with no creatures
>wow dude there's no reason to hit.me bro.im.not even a threat
>takes his turn, plays a rock and holds 3 blue mana open
>comes back to me, swing at him for lethal with the elf
>ask if the damage goes through
>WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D JUST KILL ME LIKE THAT MAN, I'M NOT EVEN A THREAT LIKE WHY WOULD YOU JUST SWING WHEN THE OTHER GUY HAS LIKE 4 TOKENS! CAN ONE OF YOU GUYS KILL TJIS GLISTENER ELF? OK I'LL LET YOU DRAW CARDS.
>no one helps
>tells me he's going to counter every single spell I cast for the rest if the night

This is interesting. What is the most beautiful (art-wise) general out there? I would love to do a deck that focuses on pretty cards.

today i played a game with hard control that was so awful for everyone else at the table that i'm scrapping the deck. misreading the powerlevel of the table as control feels so bad and you never realize until it's too late. at least with combo it's over fast.

Nothing worse than playing with people who have spent 100s on a super competitive deck when the rest of the group is playing reasonably casually.

Rebecca guay.

You can also include some RKF, but mostly just guay. CG shitter art need not apply. Swanland can go fuck himself with a spike.

You're a good guy if you're willing to tone it down to make it more fun for your friends. 10/10 would play with

>tfw spending 100s on casual shitbrews

Did you get anything in the mail recently /edhg/?