Warhammer 40k General. /40kg/

*Blacks your path*. What do you do?

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising Edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cqzpec6Sk3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you guys preffer: massive open games, small compact skirmish and personal games.

Normal games, because I'm normal

Normie games were intentionally left out.

Skirmishes.

Bigger games are okay if it's 2 V 2 for more banter, faster turns as it's not one guy having to move an entire 3/4k list.
You can resolve more stuff simultaneously.

Seperate note, just looked at the FAQs from yesterday. Sooo many entries just because they remembered that storm shields are held in the left hand and all the SW units had them swap the right / gun hand for the storm shield in the index.

Also glad they FAQ'd in that we can take a company ancient. (After I got a primaris ancient as that was the only option I was left with at the time)

What constitutes normal these days? When I stopped playing was when "normal" was 1500pts and a single standard FoC. I heard they tried to move "normal" up to 1750, which is just an awkward number.

Snowflakes gonna flake snow I guess

Wait shit since konor games are all narrative that means whether you use points or power summoning is free. Shit, that sounds fun.

Put together the Aggressor and Reiver kits this weekend.

Aggressors don't take long to build at all, and weirdly enough the lack of posing isn't really an issue at all; they just look like they're advancing.

Reivers were a little more fiddly and despite basically being 5 marines repeated in a box, they do have an element of pose-ability to them, for example, some of them have alternate arms, and just changing the head facing makes the pose different enough to their twin. They do look really dynamic.

Ninth for Tzeentch.

are they? fuck, i spent a whole week creating a 1500 list for konor...

2000 points these days

FAQs from yesterday?

>everything over 1000 points is frowned upon where you play

I just want to play my autistic leman russ squadrons

>being a tryhard Faggot
Depends on the store

Narrative can be played with points or power, main thing to note is that psychic or stratagem can be used more than once per turn

Shit my bad, that was from last Sunday! (23rd)
I only just read them.

I was talking about this at my FLGS and there really isn't an average. We play equal amounts of 2000, 1500, 1000 and Armageddon.

And I bet they all hate knights and land raiders and shit too

>letting your opponent bring nothing but LOW to a game
enjoy, since I certainly don't want to deal with that shit, not my fault 6th/7th left a bad taste in my mouth.

But the official gw site says its supposed to be narrative?

My gaming group are full casual and want to play power points. I don't want to be a dick and abuse this, because they aren't dicks and I want to keep my friends.

Exactly how fucked am I if I run this:

Adeptus Mechanicus, 70PL

HQ:

Magos Dominus, Eradication Ray, Phosphor Serpenta (7)

Troops:

3 Kataphron Destroyers, Plasma + Phosphor (10)

10 Skitarii Vanguard, Omnispex, 3x Plasma Caliver (8)

10 Skitarii Rangers, Omnispex (8)

10 Skitarii Rangers, Omnispex, 3x Transuranic Arquebus (8)

Fast Attack:

Sydonian Dragoon, Taser Lance, Phosphor (3)

Heavy Support:

Onager Dunecrawler, Data Tether, Neutron Laser, Extra Heavy Stubber (6)

Kastellan Robots, Fists + Flamers (12)

Elites:

Datasmith (3)

Support Detachment:

Eversor Assassin (4)

69/70

You have no idea how easy it is to transport a LOW army compared to moving 100 figures. It also makes turns faster. It does have its merits.

What is 70PL in points? Not many people know what PL is valued at.

Well to be fair nobody hates land raiders and everyone hates shitperial knights

1000 per 50

Updating from last thread, rate my 1850 point Ork list please!

Battalion Detachment (3+ CP):
HQ:
Warboss on Bike+Big Choppa+Kustom Shoota+Attack Squig 99 points
Weirdboy+Da Jump 62 points

Troops:
Boss Nob+29 choppa/slugga boys 180 points
Boss Nob+29 choppa/slugga boys 180 points
10 Gretchin 30 points

Elites:
Nob+Waaagh Banner 79 points
Painboy on Bike 115 points

Fast Attack:
5 Skorcha Buggies

and

Spearhead Detachment (1+ CP):
HQ:
Big Mek on Bike+Big Choppa+KFF 110 points

Heavy Support:
Gorkanaut 364 points
Deff Dread 131 points
10 Lootas 170 points

They cost like the same points and bring similar firepower, a land raider is basically a mini knight.

>it does have its merits
if you go up against an enemy army with nothing but LOW sure or you have some narrative/tournament/custom campaign mission where you have to take out LOW otherwise for any other circumstance ie. normal/pickup game it's a dick move and I'll reject you as a waacfag

I would play against that. Your getting CP so unless your not playing CP either it isn't too strong.

Bullshit

Spamming anything is an eyebrow raiser if you don't want to WAAC.

what about troops? and I mean line troops not conscripts?

That misses the point entirely, all low has less firepower per points than a normal army its hardly waac and if its not a pickup game transport/turn times dont matter

That depends GREATLY on the unit spammed.
Grotz or Orkboy or Psyker Spam? cancer.
Spamming assault marines or fire warriors? funny.

Even if you don't want another HQ I'd still recommend splitting the buggies up for objective grabbing. I'd also switch one boy unit to shooting but that is for flavor, either way is fine. This is greatly improved from last thread.

Are custodians viable at all?

What do you mean land raiders have more fucking firepower and almost as many wounds.

Yes but like paladins, not in great numbers. 5-10 should be more than enough.

>it's hardly waac
it is if I bring an all round list and get fucked by high T units that I struggle to counter as you take out my anti-tank, wounding on a 6 for everything doesn't matter when you always get a 2+ save and I can't put out enough dakka

What about 3x5 with Celestine and a Kinght Acheron?

>desperate damage control
lol

There damage output is a bit lacking. Maybe drop one for a couple of guard units. This also gives you warm bodies.

2+ save? Is there even a low that has that?

looks a lot like this list:
youtube.com/watch?v=cqzpec6Sk3A
pretty embarrasing loss against ravenguard. that said, the ork player left his morkanaut unprotected from deepstrikers and you don't want to do that.

they also have a better saving throw

I was serious about asking what the difference between 450 point knight and 400 land raider is.

So I lost my first 1k campaign game since I thought only units of the start-collecting box are allowed. An Imperial knight kicked my ass turn 1. What would be a good starting list for the first mission as black legion player?

>suppoused
Key word

Reivers in squads of 5 or 10 do you think?

mfw my friend i usually play against is ravenguard too.
Maybe ill blob one of the boyz squad around it or do some modifications.

If not for transport capacity then raiders would be cheaper and better

>only units
Yeah week 2 you can only bring elites, so I'll be footslogging my pyrovores

knights have an invul, can't be trapped in melee and can dish out in melee. landraider can transport dudes and pop smoke.

One of them is some p2w dogshit that GW invented 5 years ago to sell a bad edition of the game and one of them is a Land Raider

spartan is the only one I know off the top of my head, perhaps I was wrong about the 2+ saves, however it still seems cancer playing against T8/9 models which you only wounds on a 5/6 while they have over 16 wounds each

Having a single non AdMech unit in the same detachment prevents you from using Canticles. Just an FYI.

gretchins prevent deepstrikers. when the enemy targets them, you know what's up.

-1 CP for canticles isn't a bad wrap

>knights
>p2w

Fucking lol.
I love it when dogshit players out themselves by complaining about terrible units.

My thought was that the armies are growing with each new week by those units.

properly wrapped knights were viable (although far from auto-win)

Ditch the extra 10 man squad of rangers. Galvanic rifles are incredibly disappointing on their own. At the very least put arc rifles on the squad, it's literally a straight upgrade at the cost of 6" of range and since you're playing PL there's no reason not to use special weapons.

>How they are in the new Apology from Games Workshop edition has anything to do with what their purpose was when they were released
Upvoted reblogged on /r/bestofreddit

>p2w dogshit
>implying knights aren't just as cool as jokaeros

Yep, absolutely agree.

No you can only use units you buy in the store that week to be noob friendly

If you actually believe knights were ever p2w then you're simply a bad player / run a terrible army.

The only reason they're in is I wanted to use the spare rifle arms and had some greatcoat torsos and hooded heads from a past project.

I traded my arc rifles for plasma and arquebuses in a bitz trade.

Alrighty then, this has to be easier to follow

I assumed some of them had a point; if I could improve the way I organize the post, I'd get more feedback to improve my army.

I plan to use Strike From the Shadows on the Lt, use Lias ability on the Vets and the Sterns; the Chaplain and the Vanguards come in turn one using their jump packs.

The Vets are there as bodyguards and carrying Storm bolters they're about as efficient as Sterns against MEQ's. Got two squads of Sterns because Lias can infiltrate three units and they're cost-efficient alternatives; more dakka than tacs etc yet less costly compared to Hellblaters.

So strat is basically to alpha strike with fire support from the flyers, Scouts etc.
I'll have 6CP to spend, which will go to Stern stratagems, Hellfire on the scout heavy bolters, fight again in melee etc

>obvious desperate damage control

Why not Ork girls?

>obvious desperate projection

>Orkz
>Genderless fungi lifeform
>Having genders

Get out

So why are they called Ork Boys?

I only thought the fantasy ones were mushrooms.

Yeah but they cant do objectives and havea third your firepower against non vehicles. Against each other they tear shit apart of course. Seriously their nightmare is cgaos daemons or genestealers. Hell even plasma guns are deadly. Could be that certain armies just lack infantry with high damage or strength though, that would suck. Most low games vs normals ends in low losing unless other player ignored objectives. Try the tactical objectives mode maelstrom I think its called and you should get a more even match. Low are pretty annoying in kill points because you have to table so thats a legit problem.

They are called boyz

Wtf, this game uses inches?

Does GW use rotary phones too? Fucking Stone Age shit.

What can you say about the Death Guard's Deathshroud Terminators? What happened to them after the Horus Heresy? Do you think they'll be making a return soon?

Because using cm sucks.

Because that is their role in the class structure. Its more like serf vs burgher vs noble or prole vs bourg than girl vs boy.

I can actually feel your feckless impotent anger.
Loving every laugh.

No, there are in universe speculation about orc women. And there is an old female orc model.

>someone is laughing at me
>they must be really mad

Pathetic

idk I probably have a bad taste from 8th still, also the problematic LOW are those that are melee focussed like IK/WK and such since they have high M and rape tier melee

The cheerleader? That is blood bowl which is set in an alt universe.

Its tradition sadly. Also tends to work better with d6s. You would want d8 or d10 for cm based games random distances.

>if I keep posting gifs he can't prove I'm mad for being called out by so many people!
kek

But cm is getting a new codex next week! Maybe they'll be better then!

12 attacks that miss 1/3rd of the time isnt that scary if you have troops choices in your army. I guess eldar are fucked by that maybe?

>shit he's still laughing at me better try posting again

It's a popular tactic anymore. No argument? Just post laughing gifs. Eventually he'll resort to calling everyone disagreeing with him a samefag.

lazy as fuck baka imo desu senpai

>being this angry that you can't read and understand the rules of a children's game

Morty killed all of them to summon some nurgle wiggly woo during the heresy