>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-grixis-presents/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is there a 150$ modern deck on mtgo thats actually good in the meta currently
or should i stick to standard

storm and Merfolk could can both be built for around 200-225 and both are decently competitive. storm goes back and forth a lot between tier 1 and tier 2.
That being said if there was a tier 1 deck for under $200 everyone would be playing it instead of spending a few hundred more for other decks

tier 2 works too, good enough to win a league with

>urza's mine

go ahead

Here me out
>Actual Modern Masters
>Unlimited print run
>36 boosters per box
>Normal MSRP
>No mythics
>Only modern staples
>Every rare is a reprint of a mythic or a pre-mythic-introduction rare
>Every uncommon is a reprint of a rare or a powerful uncommon (Fatal Push)
>Every common is a reprint of a uncommon or a modern-played common (Bolt)
Modern is saved? MtG finally dies in a bang? Either way, it's a good thing

Hear*
Also, it could be drafted (or not, I don't care about that)

>celestial colonnade

pass turn

> draw
> "go"
> starts to sweat

>t1 swamp, tap play the rack
Pass turn

Are hypermats good again or will we never have sleeves that shuffle well again?

I was hoping for some advice for this deck. tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-grixis-presents/

I'm hoping to keep the budget premise to it, keep it under 70$ if possible.

>t1 land ssg desperate ritual manamorphose into BB, cast tormods crypt, cast spoils of the vault, cast one with nothing then pop tormods in response to spoils, name storm crow as spoils resolves
Gg?

I don't really understand the point of Bazaar Trader and you might want to use Sleight of Hand instead of Burning Inquiry

bazaar trader gives a free harmless offering for immortal coil or abyssal persecutor

Bought these for $30. What do you think?

You got all that for $30? Was someone getting out of the game?

You might have just gotten Chinaman'd, son.

Those are all chinaman. How the hell you didn't notice, when it's obvious through a god damn picture?

They are fakes but still a good deal if you don't go in high-level competitive events

Obviously since I bought them from a China man. I was looking for opinions on how convincing they look. At first glance they seem pretty good.

They look yellow as fuck

Yeah the Lilianas, though probably still fine with matte sleeves.

the only noticeable thing for me is the weird text spacing, but yeah as long as nobody is looking for fakes i dont think they'll notice

That Clique looks a bit too saturated to be Morningtide one.

>Text on tarns and snaps
>Yellowed liliana
>Color on the clique
>Gloss is almost certainly way off
>Out of sleeve feels like printer paper

On the upside youll probably get a few good reactions using them as coasters.

The border looks like it tries to be the modern masters one while the symbol is from Morningtide.

mountain, swiftspear, swing for 1, go.

New matte Dragon Shields are great, they shuffle like butter.

>Brushes cheeto dust onto shirt
>Draws card
>Places unsleeved M10 island, taps, makes an indecisive grunt, untaps the island
Go

>mountain
>guide
>swing for 2

Who /zoo/ here??
What do you think of my list?

plains, exile mox monkey, thalia, go.

>Exiling gorilla shaman for mana

>/zoo/
Yeah, that's my favorite 8ch board, too.

>People think Thoughtseize is fair, fun or healthy for any format.

>his day and deck are ruined by losing a single card

>have new deck but too lazy to sleeve it up
Guess it's Scapeshift again for me tonight.

>tfw it will never be good again

Fakken kek'd

>playing
Mono white death and taxes

does anyone have any good vial human lists or just a knight list not from 2012 I feel like playing a really janky deck

also everyone say nice things about thalia just like these japs did

Thalia a qt. Not as qt as my waifu, though.

>thoughtseize followed up by surgical extraction
Not a single card anymore

Play blackcleave, pass turn and cycle at your end step

Doesn't look that obvious to me.

Perhaps you need more time around real MTG cards or glasses. Either way double sleeve that shit for sure.

you will get caught and it is embarrassing when it happens. I don't have a problem with fakes, but I've seen judges casually walking by spot them from a distance through double sleeves.

You know that the lighting is different in those photos right? In real life the fakes(the ones the right side) look pretty much identical to the real(left ones) ones.

No way that it's that obvious like you claim.

Whatever you gotta say to make yourself feel better, man.

Just started building Modern and picked Merfolk as a first deck. Why are Minamo and Oboro usually played as 1-ofs in the deck? Is there some spicy interaction that I'm missing?

Any other advice about the deck would also be appreciated.

They sometimes kinda do something and come in untapped so there's no opportunity cost to running them as a 1 of over an island

>LGS has Serra Ascendants
>That's the only piece I miss in Soul Sisters

Are memes worth it?

Foothills, crack it for untapped Stomping, exile harambe, cast four burning tree emissaries, cast bushwhacker with surge, swing for 15, pass turn.

Yes But only if you play Martyr-Proc

nigga look at those snapcasters. Lightning or no lightning the hues are fucked up.

The font of scaldings is wrong too. Lilys are somewhat ok, yet they're notorious for being chinaman'ed so people will pay more attention to them.

I'm bringing treasure hunt + lightning storm to modern night tonight, wish me luck and no thoughtseize please.

Terrible colouring, especially the liliana. That set symbol just looks awful. Tho snapcaster, explosives and ancestral visions might look real when double sleeved.

I love how much salt thalia generates, if noble hierachs price was just a bit lower I'd play G/W hatebears.

Ty for the basic land I just topped vro

First time playing Skred, any thoughts on the list before I sleeve up for tonight? Definitely want a second Chandra in there but USPS is slow as fuck

>darksteel citadel
>mox opal
>springleaf drum
>ornithopter
>thoughtcast
>2nd mox opal
>vault skirge
>cranial plating

go.

That would be a good idea, but it would piss of the collectors a bit because they cant sell bolts from their collection for tree fiddy a pop.

>play plains
>path skirge
Your turn

Thoughtseize is arguably the best black card ever printed. Every mono black deck should run a playset and every deck with access to black mana should include one or more. It's just too good because it breaks the design of the game. It keeps your opponent from playing his cards outright.

ban thoughtseize then?

I'm new to MtG and I still don't get this whole story-told-through-cards thing. So what is the Hour of Devastation? What's the plot?

shut your whore mouth!

This is the Modern general, for competitive discussion. We have story/lore threads every now and then though, you should ask there.

I wouldn't mind. I love control. Cards like Duress, Inquisition of Kozilek and Cabal Therapy are fine.

>ban Thoughtseize
>reprint Therapy for Modern

keep the good ideas coming, Veeky Forums

tldr, apocolypse teir happenings on amonkhet, all but one of their gods die and nicol bolas beats the gatewatch and they all plainswalk randomly so its sort of what happened in the one story arc of one piece where the crew gets sent to different islands.
also theres a reveal with ral zarek working for bolas, hes from return to ravinca.

reprint StP so we have a diff option to path to exile

>it breaks the design of the game
>it keeps your opponent from playing his cards outright
Preventing your opponent from doing shit has been the basis of magic from day 1.

Cabal Therapy can be complete dud the first time you cast it. I think it's more fair than Thoughtseize in an environment without Gitaxian Probe.

Post yfw Big Daddy Bolas eternally BTFO the Gaywatch.

>Taking an extra turn for 2 mana has been the basis of magic from day 1.

That's a shit way to argue.

Shame his planeswalker card is more EDH than modern.

Well you COUlD play a t2 timewalk in the old days

I'll build bolas-tron featuring this. It is going to be terrible but I don't care.

>19 cards
>$30
>Less than $2 a card
Great fucking price for fakes. You got a great deal. Not having to wait for shipping and getting playsets without any chaff.

People criticizing them as fakes don't seem to realize that you got a huge discount AND now you can play in events. I own all of those myself and the Snapcasters and especially the Cliques are questionable but the rest are good enough.

Everyone here is a fucking card forgery detective but nobody in real life gives a fuck.

>play forest
>turn 1 glistener elf

your go

>lilliana breaking out of the portrait
Classic mistake!

Therapy would be kind of bad in Modern just because the card variance to name is so much higher compared to Legacy. Legacy you can roughly guess what they're on by what dual they play or by casting G Probe.

Why is it embarrassing when you can just plead ignorance?

Anybody here have the scans for the HOU artbook?
pls respond

It's pretty fun. Also don't be afraid to splash other colors to deal with your meta.

I personally have no desire to buy fakes, but I wouldn't give two shits if someone plays against me with them. It just means that I get more people to play magic with.

Island, vial, pass
Enjoy T2

>white
>stony silence
your go.

>playing stony silence in tron
I bet you put chalice on 1 against fish too

That's a fallacious argument. Extra turns are a very specific effect, "stopping your opponent from doing things" can mean a million different things. Disruption has been consistently a part of every single set ever printed in the history of magic, undercosted extra turns have not.

>thought it was some giant guy wearing a helmet
>turns out he is actually a locust

oh..

Because now you're "that dude with the fakes" and everyone, especially the store owner, are going to be extra critical of every card you own and try to trade or sell.

>thought he was named something cool
>turns out he is just named 'the scorpion god'

oh..

I don't know what you expected

>every god has been "big human with animal head"
>this retard thinks one will just randomly not be that

Yeah maybe if you get caught over and over and over again like a retard, but once or twice and you're fine.

>once
maybe
>twice
no

So my wife was buying some common cards for tree fiddy and I saw some lava spikes and such in the bunch so I thought I would go around and make a burn deck. Was buying cards at local shop and found someone selling bolts, but there was something odd about the seller and then he told me he wanted tree fiddy a pop and that's when I realized THAT IT WAS THAT DAMN LOCH NESS MONSTER AGAIN. MY WIFE GOT HOSED BY TIMMY MONSTER AGAIN GODDAMMIT.