ITT: Veeky Forums creates a new tabletop system

Let's see what we can come up with together.

> Melee damage is determined using 1-3 d6, bare hands deal 1d6 damage, one handed weapons deal 2d6 damage, and two handed weapons deal 3d6 damage.

Models are encouraged to be 3d printed

>ranged damage is determined using 10-30 d6s, spit deals 10d6 damage, bows deal 20d6 and crossbows and javelins deal 30d6

>all stats are based on a 3-18 range.
>Armor prevents 0-2d6 of damage 0d6, no armor, 1d6 Light armor and 2d6 Heavy armor

> The damage/protection level of equipment varies with quality, receiving a bonus or penalty depending on quality.
> Each bonus/penalty applies to each die rolled, for example, a +1 bonus to a two-handed weapon is a +2, or 1d6+1(2)
> Bonuses: Fine: +1, Superior:+2, Masterwork: +3
> Penalties: Crude: -1, Inferior: -2, Garbage: -3

No classes.

The effects of damage are based on a logarithmic scale.

Spells require real life money to be used as mana.

You have to burn the money to cast.

How do you handle hitpoints then?

>not making the players mail you the money
I don't think you understand pay to win.

There are no hitpoints, there is only the total amount of damage you've taken.

I get the money if they burn it.

t. Satan

Katanas deal 4d6 damage

But break if used against anyone with heavy armor or light armor that's of higher quality than the katana.

What.

-3 for being garbage.

Simple. At 1 damage you have a scratch, at 10 you have the equivalent of a light wound, at 100 you have serious wound, at 1000 you have a deadly wound and at 10000 you're pretty much thin red mist.

Yes, I'm using base 10. Which base that is is left as an exercise to the reader.

I like the idea, but with the damage system, it would take dozens of turns to resolve a single duel.

If you use base 10, sure. But what if you use base 10 instead?

All damage has multipliers that are based on skill level with the weapon used.

At what point is a model/unit removed from the game?

And if there is a point, whatever that point is is the necessary damage to kill a model ie, their hitpoints.

Since everyone is on the same scale and the wound mechanism functions based on the damage you have taken rather than hitpoints you have left, having characters have hitpoints would just make things needlessly complicated: calculating hitpoints serves no useful function and thus should not be included.

That's a clever solution, I approve.

But then the most hardened veteran warrior is as durable as the softest noble bureaucrat, there needs to be some way to differentiate.

>having characters have hitpoints would just make things needlessly complicated: calculating hitpoints serves no useful function and thus should not be included.
That's a good point, but you could just say that "Hitpoints for all models are the same fixed number" instead of claiming they don't exist.

Defense could have a similar multiplier?

>That's a good point, but you could just say that "Hitpoints for all models are the same fixed number" instead of claiming they don't exist.
No, because having hitpoints implies that you're counting down instead of up.

If they all die at 100, whether you get there by addition or subtraction it's the same.

is it okay if I whittle them out of wood?

What if instead of Hit Points (HP), we had Damage Sustained (DS), which increase when damage is sustained, and upon reaching 100, cause instant death?

But a defense multiplier, combined with decent armor, would render veterans almost unkillable. Mind, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but do we really want such a blatant bias in the system?

I'm not sure how to fix the second issue.

Maybe the log base is defined by someone's endurance stat?