JoJo Thread. Let's make some Stands

Sup homies, y'all know what time it is.

'for we start, if you're new > jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand

"""Rules""":
-Open your preferred music player and hit random/shuffle
-Write up a description of your stands appearance
-Assign stats (1-10 or E-A whatever feels right), do so because it fits the theme of the stand and not because you want to balance or make it op
-Think up/steal/randomly grab a power, it doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the song

Format:
「Name」 (「」 are the most important part)
Power:
Speed:
Range:
Endurance/Staying:
Precision:
Potential/Learning:

Description:

Good luck, try to be creative, and most importantly have fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zGt-VULv9FQ
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs/edit#gid=1373747549
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>In the ghetto
I've got nothing

I'll Start

「Papa Was a Rolling Stone」
Power:B
Speed:A
Range:D
Endurance:C
Precision:B
Potential:A

Description: 「Papa Was a Rolling Stone」 appears as a vaguely mechanical humanoid, it wears a light red butlers jacket and is generally decorated with light blue circles.

「Papa Was a Rolling Stone」 has the ability to convert one form of energy to another, turning the kinetic energy of a punch into heat or the potential energy of a ball on a shelf into kinetic, launching it off the shelf and probably a whole hell of a lot of other stuff im not Araki enough to think of(Potential A). It is able to do this within a range of 3m(hence range of D).

>In the Ghetto

「In the Ghetto」 is able to assign a 5x5x5m area
as it's 「GHETTO」. Anyone who enters the 「GHETTO」 instantly has their greatest hopes and darkest fears revealed to 「In the Ghetto」's user. 「In the Ghetto」 has no form.

thoughts?

It's user is probably some hyper charismatic con-man who is able to use the knowledge learned in order to effectively manipulate people into doing their bidding. Pretty fitting for a minor antagonist.

「Canned Heat」
Can heat up things to their boiling/melting point
Has a punch ghost type range
Very nice

「Livin' for You」
Power: A
Speed: C
Range: E
Durability: B
Precision: B
Potential: B

Description: 「Livin' for You」 is able to choose one target, this can be any person or object no greater than 8m tall, 「Livin' for You」is able to instantly change places with it's designated target at will.
Besides that it's a pretty standard punch ghost.

「Speak to Me」
Power: E
Range: E
Staying: A
Precision: A
Potential: A

Description: 「Speak to Me」 appears as a white glove with a magnifying glass motif.

「Speak to Me」has the ability to improve any aspect of an object that it touches but takes an amount of time to do this in accordance with how complex that object is. For example the user could improve the strength of a glass window to use it as a shield, improve the efficiency of an engine to increase a vehicles speed, or improve a chip in a steel rod to break it in half.

Precision should actually probably be C or D because it'd be reliant on it's user

「Rag 'N' Bone Man」
Power: B
Speed: D
Range: A
Endurance/Staying: E
Potential/Learning: C

Description: 「Rag 'N' Bone Man」appears as a tall, hunched figure with a disjointed, modular appearance as if put together out of mismatched scrap metal. It wears something akin to a white tanktop hanging loosely off it's tiny torso, and a flatcap on it's head. One of it's hands maintains a humanoid appearance, while the other is a humongous crossbow.

「HUMAN」: 「Rag 'N' Bone Man」passively deflects blame from the Stand User; the User constantly appears as neutrally innocent to the people around him, and is unable to be suspected as the perpetrator of a crime, even if he is overtly the culprit. Instead, people will experience a variety of symptoms; a loss of memory, hallucinations, or sudden violence towards others is common.

「ARROW」: 「Rag 'N' Bone Man」fires a bolt from the crossbow. Whatever the bolt hits, inanimate or animate, is immediately appointed blame for all of the User's prior perceived faults, and triggers a 'bezerker state' in close range peers, turning them to abject violence.

First try at this. Might do more.

For a first try it's really good (it'd be good even if it wasn't a first try)
I really like it

「NOT MYSELF」

Power: 「NOT MYSELF」has the ability to rapidly grow the skin of anything it touches. The skin grows at a rate of 10 cubic cm a second, faster if 「NOT MYSELF」stays in contact with its target. The excess skin sloughs of the body of the victim if the stand leaves a range of 40 metres.
Range: C
Endurance/Staying: B
Precision: E
Potential/Learning: B

Description: 「NOT MYSELF」appears as an emaciated figure clad in nothing but a scuba mask like pic related.

So punch ghost that gradually slows down the opponent with excess skin? Nice

Pretty much, creates the kind of body horror that later parts of JoJo has in spades. The specificity of its ranges would (hopefully) create interesting fights, especially if the user was trying to gain advantage from forcing the victim into or out of a specific place.

does anyone save a pastebin or something of good ones from threads passed?

「Gazillion Ear」
Power: D
Staying: B
Precision: D
Potential: B

「Gazillion Ear」 has the ability to give power to peoples beliefs, in the simplest of terms. 「Gazillion Ear」 first has to mark someone by getting them to say "Gazillion", then it is able to bring to selectively bring to life their beliefs, most commonly this would be that 「Gazillion Ear」is super strong and that their stand is unable to beat it.

Description: 「Gazillion Ear」appears as a very large, masked humanoid figure.

There's a google doc that people round here have been keeping, don't have the link off-hand though

「The Cage」
Power:D
Speed:C
Range:A
Endurance/Staying:A
Precision:D
Potential/Learning:B

Description: The cage is exactly that, a huge iron cage with a eye emblem repeating on its bars.
「The Cage」can trap close to anything, negating any ability of those inside it's cold shell by taking the force and directing them to the nearest human.

Rag N' Bone user here, wanted to do this again so here's another!

youtube.com/watch?v=zGt-VULv9FQ

「Chainsmoker」
Power: A
Speed: E (Inanimate object, also slow to reload.)
Endurance/Staying: B
Potential/Learning: B

Description: 「Chainsmoker」appears as a grenade launcher; stereotyped by it's huge six shooter canister holder, it's huge, rounded barrel, and the handle at the front. The design appears luxurious, a majority of the weapon designed with polished brown wood, and the barrel coloured to look like a burning cigar. Similarly, the grenade launcher is fired not through a pulled trigger, but through a small indent which, when heated, causes a canister to be launched (usually fired through the snubbing of a cigar into the indent).

「Chainsmoker」has a long range firepower, used to fire smoke canisters that, upon releasing the bright pink gas, causes a sudden lack of inhibition - everyone caught in the gas will immediately and ravenously reach for the thing they most immediately desire, be it food, sex, or violence. The effects of the gas last approximately an hour, or less if the person can be safely satiated outside the area of effect.

「The Temptations」
Staying: A
Precision: C
Potential: C

「The Temptations」is a long-range stand that that is capable of substituting one desire for another in it's targets, it is only able to do this as long the two desires are somewhat similar. For example: can't switch the desire to eat for shooting up a building but could switch aggression from one target to another. Can affect up to 5 targets at once.

「The Temptations」appears as five small mechanical, humanoid entities coloured pink/blue.

「Plastic Beach」

Power:C
Speed:B
Range:D
Endurance:C
Precision:B
Potential:A

Description: I'm open to suggestions.

Anything that 「Plastic Beach」touches is immediately converted into it's market value in coins of the user's choosing. The user can reverse the transformation at any time (or if they lose consciousness) but all the coins must be in the same place when the transformation takes place or the object will be divided accordingly.

Examples: Touch a thug's gold tooth and immediately flood their mouth and throat with yen/pennies.

「The Sound Of Silence」

Range: B
Endurance: E
Potential: A

Description:「The Sound Of Silence」appears as a tall, thin humanoid. The Stand seems to be made of a black, pitch-like substance, and is covered in neon lights and speakers of various shapes, sizes, and styles.

「The Sound Of Silence」is capable of consuming any sound within a 10m radius, and can mimic voices if they are consumed. The stand's main means of attacking is through powerful sonic blasts. 「The Sound Of Silence」has a range of 5m.

What if Plastic Beach touches a person?

Did anyone save that list of how a JoJo game should be from the last thread? It was something like "1. Be fabulous; 2. Be weird;" etc., but better.

Human leather is rather valuable...

As copied from the previous thread:
1) Be fabulous in visuals and mannerisms. Minimum one pose per game.

2) Be melodramatic. Be operatic. Be over-the-top. Leave it all out on the table with no doubts and no restraint.

3) Be bizarre. Do everything at least 1° off from a plain and simple action.

4) Be heroic. You are one of the good guys even if you don't show it.

5) Be disgusting. Gross everyone out.

6) Be shocking. Surprise everyone, widen their eyes, drop their jaws, make them wince.

7) Be interesting. Add tidbits of trivia related to a current object or location.

8) Mystery and menace.

7) Don't let your character be defined by their powers. Make your powers be defined by your character.

8) No fight is a clash of powers. Every fight is a clash of characters.

9) Make every fight an individual story with high stakes, thrilling danger, and bizarre twists.

10) Not every story is a fight, but every story is an encounter. A larger-than-life encounter between larger-than-life characters.

11) Heroes must earn their victories, Villains must earn their ass kickings.

12) Keep your campaign evolving. Never stop trying new ideas. JoJo was JoJo before Stands. JoJo was JoJo before Ripple. JoJo was JoJo when it had Spin. JoJo was JoJo when a Cyber-Nazi fought an ancient, South American Super Vampire.

I think this is what you want: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs/edit#gid=1373747549

absolutely
thank you very much

Literally no problem

「Modest Mouse」
Speed: B
Endurance/Staying: D

Description: 「Modest Mouse」appears as a tiny mechanical wind-up toy mouse, and has the ability to multiply any inanimate non-living object it latches on to. Once 「Modest Mouse」has latched onto its target object, numerous replica mice will scurry out from the original, and each one will proceed to morph into the target. The smaller and more simple the target is, the more copies 「Modest Mouse」can make.

The replicas retain all of the physical properties of the target object, and will fade away after a time limit, which is dependant on the size and intricacy of said object, ranging from a maximum of one hour to ten minutes. So for example, 「Modest Mouse」could easily replicate hundreds of bullets for one hour, but can only replicate one car for a maximum of 10 minutes

「Ill Communication」
Power: n/a
Endurance/Staying: n/a
Precision: E

Description: 「Ill Communication」 is a self-replicating airborne virus created in the user's body. Anyone "infected" by the stand's molecules immediately has a thought that was defined by the user at the time of release, which the victim assumes comes from their own mind. The thought has no power to influence the victim's perceptions; if the thought is "There's a spider on my leg", it would not cause them to see a spider, though they might certainly look down to check. Likewise, unreasonable thoughts will likely be dismissed as works of imagination, thus subtlety and plausibility are key.

「Possum Kingdom」
Power: B
Range: D
Endurance/Staying: C
Potential/Learning: D

Description: 「Possum Kingdom」 takes the form of a stuffed toy possum with size of a medium dog, with sharp metal teeth and claws that it wields with great strength. If the user wills it, anything "broken" by 「Possum Kingdom」 will continue functioning as if it was whole and unbroken (e.g. a severed power cord would continue supplying electricity to the detached end, a bent pistol could be fired around a corner, etc). Even a human suffering mortal wounds from the stand would keep on living as long as the user maintained the power. Only one such "broken" item/being can be maintained at a time, and once the power is released, cannot be used on the same item.

Seems pretty unbeatable - does it have any limits?

Not that guy (obviously) but it's only being described as a cage, maybe it has to be set up first and the user tries to force people in it. Or maybe it negates the abilities of a stand but not it's physical strength or other attributes so the average punch ghost can escape easily. Either way killing/knocking the user unconscious'd do the trick.
I'm not entirely sure how the Speed of C or Power D are supposed to factor in though.

In that case it almost seems too easy. Though I guess used against a group it could keep one member contained and use his escape attempts against the others?

Maybe that's the point? That the user's main tactic is to use 「The Cage」to "divide and conquer", so to speak.

「Tripping Daisy」

Power: D (A)
Speed: D (A)
Durability: C
Precision: C
Learning: E

Description: Appears as a skinny humanoid, dripping black goo, with a digital LED counter on its chest. Though pathetically weak at the start, Tripping Daisy's physical strength and speed when attacking a living target increase in direct proportion to how many of its user's lies the target currently believes to be true (shown as a number on LED display). At six lies, Power and Speed are "A" equivalent - if the user can make the target believe seven lies at once, a single touch will completely drain their life. Tripping Daisy can only engage a single target at a time; if the user wills it to attack someone else, it's abilities immediately increase or decrease to match the new target's current gullibility count.

Just when I thought I had forgotten how retarded JoJo's "system" was.

How do you mean?

Can I add one?

X) Be manly. Don't let the art fool you. Don't let your character's gender fool you either. Grow a pair, give it all you got, and take just as hard as you give.

Speaking of, now I wish there was a "JoJo World." I wonder what the Moves would be?

I'm running a campaign set in 1929 Chicago and I'd like some help from my fellow JoJo table top fans. Mainly I want help brainstorming scenarios and encounters that evoke the setting. Just out of the box to start eBay can you guys think of? I will tell you about the characters and the battles we've had thus far later.

First (and most obvious) thing that comes to mind is gangsters. Besides that i'd want to know more about your main antagonist and how your protags come to acquire their powers.