Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LwaLjczaVII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a silver bordered card. It isn't.

Unless you mean the concept of mana screw, in which case: Why are you allowed to roll 1s in dnd? Luck. Its part of the game. Arguably one of the worst parts of it, but that is the nature of tabletop games unless you're playing chess.

So that newbies can occasionally beat a more experienced player by chance, which motivates them to keep spending money on the game rather than losing every time and giving up.
Several alternatives to dedicated mana-producing cards, such as letting any card be played as a land, or a steadily rising supply of mana that doesn't come from cards at all, have been tried by several other games, but they all faded away and MTG pisses on their graves.

GIT. GUD.

You say that, but I'm told Hearthstone is still going strong.

The power balance in Hearthstone is kind of awful though. Because they don't cycle the sets, each set is slightly stronger than the last to encourage buying more packs for the best mana:power ratio possible. It's got some neat tricks that only work in a digital format, but it's not running in a sustainable way.

is the real card, and is made as a fun joke and something great for shitty casual games and un-set jokefights. It's not legal in any actual format.

is a poorly designed custom-card knockoff of the original, which kind of misses the whole "fun" part of making silver-bordered cards.

Also the original combos wonderfully with this.

>if you would flip a coin, instead... flip two coins
How is this not recursive?

They do cycle the sets, though. Are you retarded? How are people posting here like experts yet are as new as you and this guy ?

Replacement effects don't replace themselves in MTG.

Do they in other notable games?

you guys, i was talking about mana screw itself, not the card named after it. that was a bad OP image

The Hearthstone version of getting mana-screwed is drawing only your high-cost minions that you can't cast until midgame.

>classicblunders.jpg

it was obvious, they are just retarded

>mana

Best thing about yugioh is no fucking mana system that can fuck you over if you're unlucky.

Yu-Gi-Oh is a fucked game that doesn't even resemble what it was when it started.

>No fucking mana system that can fuck you over if you're unlucky

Oh, no? The extreme majority of decks in the game right now are literally just engines for their attached Extra Decks. If you're unlucky and the engine happens to stall out and you don't draw what you need to get rolling, then you're fucked.

It's a joke OP, just like your birthday.

So you can hype mana fixing cards.

Checked.

Worst thing about yugioh is there's no relevant resource system whatsoever since every good deck completely bypasses every resource system they try to implement.

youtu.be/LwaLjczaVII
Skip to 21:40

Do games that just "give one resource a turn" get boring, or is the consistency nice? I always liked figuring out mana curves and stuff, but never played a game without them. Just curious as someone that has only played Pokemon and Magic, both games that rely on drawing energy/mana.

>Do games that just "give one resource a turn" get boring,
Absolutely. Try playing Duel Masters without shield triggers. Shit gets boring.

Check yourself for lysdexia

Thanks user, I hear this complaint, but always thought a more stable energy source would be boring.

I dunno, chess had a pretty good run and is still going strong.

iirc no tiered deck stalls unless the player makes a mistake. GIT GUD.

Learn some 5.