Are there child soldiers in the imperial guard?

Are there child soldiers in the imperial guard?

Definitely. I wouldn't be surprised if the average age in the Imperial guard is like 14.

Yes.

Yes, they are called White-Shields and they can be from a tithe of conscripted youth from a planet or orphans that have been taken in by the regiment.

Why do you ask?

When Cadia existed yeah

technically white-shields are Cadia-specific

I'm sure the IG use everyone, even babies.

Nope, Whiteshields are a common nickname across the Guard, its not a Cadian institution.

>Are there child soldiers in the imperial guard?
Of course not. Children can't hold a standard pattern las-rifle properly.

That's why the children in the Imperial Guard are ammo carriers, cleaners, cooks, and a whole range of other vital logistics and support jobs like mechanics, messengers, officer's servants, and prostitutes. Honestly, child /soldiers/ - that's just silly.

No, because like women, they are sub par from a military perspective. They aren't as mentally or physically capable as men.

No, just child armors.

Whiteshields are children.

No you retard whiteshields are teenagers.

There are no child soldiers in the guard there might be some in pdf.
Cadians can join their pdf when they are 14 or older and 14 is a teenager not a child.

depends on the planet

>no conflict
no need for child soldiers, and regular soldiers are rarely seen outside the PDF

>mundane but significant threat
raising a guard regiment or 2, still no child soldiers

>weird crap like orks or deldar slavers
stuff like children being used small duties like working in a factory

>chaos space marines
younger soldiers brought in to supplement existing forces,

>dangerous amounts of chaos or a waaagh!
teenaged soldiers

>necron, tyranid, daemons
full on grimderp 12 year olds with grenades to slow down their advance

The Guard? No. At most, you might get teen soldiers.

The various PDFs? Oh, of course. They take anyone.

Well i could see a space marine chapter encouraging there recruitment worlds to have a few regiments of them; the best of them get recruited and the rest are going to be effective soldiers to support there operations.

>mechanics
And let some snot nosed orphan near my tanks, there not even worthy to lick the oil off my servoskull.

I don't see why not. The Imperium is a big place and I imagine lasguns to be no heavier than an AK47

Legally children.

Cadians join their PDF with birth.

This, friendly reminder that Space Marines are literally child soldiers and usually leave recruiting planets in the grips of bloody civil wars or as fatal hell holes in order to produce lethal 12 year old killers

We are all children of the God Emperor

Ultramar has what is the Imperial equivilant of the Boyscouts, but instead of tying knots you learn insurgency fighting. They're armed with real weapons and are considered the last line of defense if the PDF fails.

All fresh death korps of krieg soldiers are 14-15 years old

Emporer bless you, you glorious, autistic vat grown monstrosities.

was just about to type that, good on you user.

>'other worlds' copy Cadia propaganda
We both know its because the only kit they sell is Cadian and giving the axe to all the metal fellas meant they had to repopulate the galaxy with new armies. and you know Catachan wasn't up to the task of counting as anything at all other than rambos.

The white shields used to be an exclusive Cadian formation, but as the very old and weird 3rd ed add-on rules ground on, they sorta just combined all the guard bits together and scrapped alot of that. (Like the salamanders having their own thing going on.) So everybody had access to whitesheilds, now named conscripts.

>eye of terror added them so they could play different to vanilla, the kasr were also an important part of that. now we get tempest ding dongs who aren't even the cool google inquisition guys.

>tfw 14 years old
>tfw 14 years you could've been dead for the Emperor
Come the fuck on galaxy, are you even trying?

If you survive to 14 yrs old as a Krieg you're already pretty dead hard, since the Krieg use live fire for training and use washouts as target practice. If you survive to make it off world you've already been killing you're fellow kriegs since you could hold a gun.

Out of curiosity is there a reason why a space marine chapter doesn't recruit from Krieg?

Probably because Krieg high-command whatever would be really pissed off if they lost potential badasses to Space Marines.

Space Marines are too valuable to send on suicide missions and A Space Marines job is to win victories for the Emperor

A kriegers job is to Die for the Emperor. Victory is a secondary ancillary aspect of that duty

Krieg drills in the fact you are but a minor cog, to throw your life away for the Emperor. While Space Marines obviously fight to the death as well, each one of them is an insane investment and you cannot afford to have such a suicidal perspective in one of them.

By the orders of the High Lords of Terra, Krieg was given to the Departmento Munitorum in order to produce regiments and nothing was allowed to interfere with this.

Space Marines are presumably not allowed to recruit because it would interfere with the production of regiments.

Space Marines are diet Krieg. Space Marines wish they could be Krieg. They live for hundreds of years, fighting on one or two worlds at a time, a couple deaths, meh.
Krieg exports billions of deaths, their own and their enemies. If you're a Krieger, surviving a campaign makes you one of the most veteran troopers in your regiment. Veterans are failures, in a sense, of a Krieger's ultimate duty. The Emperor fucking loves Krieg, because Krieg keeps Imperial Heaven packed to the gunwales with fresh souls. If Space Marines can even fit in the door to heaven after Krieg's reenacted the Three Stooges with it, they're lucky.

Also this. Space Marine training tends to emphasize personal initiative and flexibility.

>The Emperor fucking loves Krieg, because Krieg keeps Imperial Heaven packed to the gunwales with fresh souls.
Things that don't even exist for 500 alex

t. heretic

No, he's just not stupid.

You can die for your country, but it's better to make the other bastard die for his instead. This way you can keep on fighting and bring on even more victories.

You're assuming victory to Kriegers means Imperial victory. This is only partly true. The Emperor demands Krieger deaths for their heresy during the civil war on Krieg.
Where and how they die, in victory or defeat, does not matter. Only that they die.

Well depending on how early the chapter got there hands on recruits they could drill in that you need to die on a corpse of enemies to earn his forgiveness; some chapters like the Doom Eagles might have more success then a chapter like the Salamanders.

Now that is probably the reason why a chapter hasn't tried to recruit from Krieg.

>You're assuming victory to Kriegers means Imperial victory
So Kriegers are stupid? Either way this comes back to why Space Marines don't recruit them.

They worship the Emperor, the Emperor made the Imperium of Man. The best way to repent for rebelling against the Emperor is to further his works. Dying for no good reason is pointless, otherwise they could just ship out their resources to someone more useful and just engage in mass suicide.

IG are supposed to be well trained for mere humans. My guess would be there are child soldiers in various PDFs.

Nah, they toe a fine line between "trying to win" and "throw more bodies at it"

Sometimes you need emergency conscripts on-world.

clones and radiation user, they are all jacked up and have shitty lifespans anyway. If I recall, they do export some mean motherfucking commissars though. and id imagine the inquisition scoop up units for suicide missions.

>So Kriegers are stupid
Eyep. They need comissariat oversight to ensure they DON'T die pointlessly.

There are female regiments in the Guard.

On spot recruitment in a war zone is always a thing.

They aren't clones...
Speed grown flask babies, yes. But not clones.

Fair enough.

Then again Custodes are literally toddler soldiers.

No. Stop asking questions.

In the book dead man walking, one of the commissar doesnt like that the new krieg recruits are 15 year old (he tells that to another younger commissar who's all excited seeing the reinforcements arrive for a battle)

so if a commissar is bothered by it, i think they dont have soldiers under 17-18 yo, especially since the IG are usually drafted from experienced soldiers from the PDF (for example, an elysian must serve a few tour of duties before he can ask to be assigned to the guard)

Best post.
Why does the Imperium even bother with Kriegers?Even a grox can die soaking bullets,(and it probably would follow orders better than the kriegers).

Of course there are.

Anyone can die soaking bullets, but not many are fearless of dying by soaking up bullets

>Why does the Imperium even bother with Kriegers

There is a lot of them and I imagine low rebellion chance.

Maybe because the DKoK are 40ks version of Jango Fett Clones. Highly disciplined, trained, and obedient.

"White-Shields" Is a nickname used by the soldiers of Cadia for the conscripts, it is not an institution

Ha man you dumb it takes no skill to use a gun dude who ever puts out the most troops usually wins its why child solders are so prolific in real conflicts they are easy to lead easier to reward and have no problems fireing a gun who gives a shit about the skill of a bullet sponge.

But what about the Cherubs?

I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.
The same can be said for the groxes.And they have one advantage;we can eat them.
Clones tried to stay alive.If any IG army can be compared to them,it's the Tempestus.

They are not worthy to lick the oil of my cherubs either.

>I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.

True, but you can win battles doing that.

All of man is the child of the Emperor

fuck off /pol/

The Death Korps of Krieg is exactly what the Imperium wants. A well formed, loyal to the letter military with absolute loyalty to the Imperium and no issue with dying or pulling off more atrocious orders. Where another Regiment might cringe at burning a Hive, the Krieg will do it without problem. Where another Regiment might fold when death comes knocking, a Krieg Regiment will happily make the sacrifice. In Imperial Regiments, it's not single men that matter, but the Regiment in totality.

>laughing Mac Donald mascot
>pol

...What ?

>Are there ______ in the imperial guard?

The answer is always yes.