Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1647: Magic Pudding Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/454MMUS
the-rising-of-the-shield-hero.wikia.com/wiki/Filo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jumping is so much slower when you force yourself to adhere to a writing goal with the Alt-chain builder.

discord.gg/454MMUS

And a discord link for those interested.

Preach it, sans the Alt-Chain bit. Haven't really tried using it before.

Really makes you think.

Nobody is. Also bancho lives there.

What is the best source of magic to learn? From what I've seen DC magic seems to just be a sort of reality warping and thus the most ideal to go for.

It is from The Rising of Shield Hero. A completely translated LN and being translated manga.

DC or Marvel Magic.
Umineko magic

You thought I wouldn't know that reference, but I do. My tenth Jump for this new Chain is going to be a trip.

Welcome to the world of details, multimonth long writeups for a single Jump are a background threat similar in nature to Cthulhu, unlikely but too likely for comfort.

I thought that was a cake till I clicked on it.

...Where can I get magic pudding?

Well if you take leaky emitter in mushoku tensei you can eventually do anything.

Hero bbs magic is basically bullshittium, make your own system.

Dc and marvel are both cool.

Dnd is also cool.

DXD magic is based on math but you can buy a completely custom system to do whatever you want.

Magicka magic is also able to do whatever the fuck you want at high levels, one wizard basically broke the world while locked up simply by repeating cheatcodes in his head. And it doesnt need mana.

Almost certainly Adventure Time.

I'd go with magic from Marvel over DC, what with the "price" DC magic apparently always has.

But honestly, it comes down to taste. There's loads of magic systems, and it depends on how and what you want to do.

DC's powerful, but it's a malicious bastard that takes the most asshole interpretation of "magic always has a price".

I know that pain as well! But the writing can be rewarding.

It does look like a cake in thumbnail form. I hadn't noticed that. Have more delicious treats.

Mother. You're going to have to go into the land of your own subconscious to get them though. And fight a Kraken.

But they are delicious.

So he has a loli waifu that's actually a bird?

Marvel has a similar problem in that the impressive stuff requires invoking magical beings that will keep track of the debt you owe them.

The MC is a Jerk with a Heart of Gold so he doesn't acknowledge her as such but basically yes she tries to assert herself to be something like that.

Everybody is. Also [Popular Jumpmaker] lives there.

Yes. the-rising-of-the-shield-hero.wikia.com/wiki/Filo

On that topic, would you happen to already have some systems for Hero BBS in mind?

I plan on writing out a descripton for my round trip through the local multiverse so I've been bullshitting up some magical systems to wax poetic about. But I've only got the start for 3 which is pretty pitiful for what's meant to be a globetrotting journey.

I miss red...

Cute.

Ah, he's one of those harem MCs that won't touch any of his girls. What a gay.

But she still lives.

>Ah, he's one of those harem MCs that won't touch any of his girls. What a gay.

Not really, he was betrayed by a girl not even a day after he was summoned to the world and after that he...became warped I guess you could say, he couldn't even taste the food he ate because of his hate.

I probably messed up somewhere on explaining it but I tried.

Not really, Im a heavy enchanting jumper, I like crafting stuff and using bullshit brute force magic just handwave and push massive amoubts of mana into it or go really hard into the meticulous details and build it right.

>Ah, he's one of those harem MCs that won't touch any of his girls. What a gay.
It's actually not that he's too nice like your typical virginal harem MC. Rather, the excuse for him being this big tough wish-fulfillment badass type is that he was betrayed by the princess of the kingdom he was isekai'd into and framed for rape, so now he hates all women. So he sees their advances as them just trying to take advantage of him. This is basically Fedora Tipper: The Light Novel.

>harem protag doesn't realise he has a harem
>thinks he just has a lot of female friends
>when someone finally gets that idea through his dense head, he protests that he's gay
>anime/manga starts at that point

...I'd watch that.

Yeah but she never posts from the cat bin anymore.

Is there anything that lets you use summons from other jumps (other than the stupidly expensive one in NGNL)? I want to build a huge rolodex with Seeker of Names from Anima so I have a summon for everything.

It helps to read lots of Japanese fantasy manga/novels, since the series is meant to be poking fun at them.

But really most of the BBS magic seems to have a pretty persistent set of gimmicks. Personal MP, a mix of math and emotion-based casting, some game-system worlds, lots of magic circles.

No she isn't.

Bitch finally necked herself.

Unless you are a magical being. For example, Magik. I think she is technically both a mutant and part demon now?

She's a mutant demon on steroids thanks to eating limbo, telling Dormamu to fuck off and absorbing his power and having a stupid fucking power up from becoming an avatar for the Phoenix.

Might be wrong about that absorbing Dormammu bit but she did kick his ass.

Non OC?

There's the one woman in Skyrim's Dawnguard.

There's Seras & Girlycard from Hellsing

I think we have an Underworld jump, so the MC is probably available.

Overlord has Shalltear Bloodfallen, she's a gothic lolita vampire. She's into lots of kinky stuff.

Yeah, but even then Magic mostly uses ambient magic and Invocations. And even fucking Dormammu calls on other magical beings because their specialized spells like the Bands of Cyttorak is always the best. The only ones who don't really call on others are gods. And people like Wiccan who have a natural connection to incredibly powerful beings/energy sources.

>Girlycard
Isn't... isn't that gay?

Are there any perks that can neutralize that caveat of most luck perks being just luck with the potential for things to go wrong? Like, a way to make your luck always apply?

>Shalltear Bloodfallen
Tell me more.

It's not like s/he's got a dick at the time.

Sounds like he needs to calm down.

So he's a /r9k/.

Part of the issue was that he got royally burned out on trust since apparently everyone hates the Shield Hero in this kingdom and keeps betraying him. The other part of it is that his harem consists entirely of lolis (and one former loli that magically grew up) that need to be protected. Shield Hero is pretty normal for not wanting to bang little girls.

Given just how many things Alucard has eaten... I doubt you could name something it isn't.

Dota magic is fairly open-ended in regards to what it can do given knowledge and study.

>It's not like s/he's got a dick at the time.
Allegedly.

If there's no dick, it's not gay.
Unless you're a girl.

>that magically grew up
And due to his mindbreak, he still saw her as the loli she was anyway.

I'd consider 'normal' a criticism.

It must be hard being an anime loli. Nobody wants to fuck you except faceless fat old men and other lolis.

>can I have a perk that makes luck perks not be luck
what

Yes. It's called "just write your jumps that way."

Dawnguard girl enjoys getting raped by monsters, avoid her.

>My Jumper's Face When

>Tell me more.
watch the leech mouth

>There isn't a person alive who could conceptualize my sexual preference.

Yeah that is the only reason I never chose that as my race there.

At least you're popular with the audience.

Yeah? It's called a combo.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And then of course there's the whole cursed shield thing making him even nuttier so that doesn't help.

I'm pretty sure the average person doesn't wanna bang a little girl, Shield Knight fits into that mold as far as I know.

No, because then it wouldn't be luck. That's intrinsic to the concept of good luck that things won't necessarily work, they're just likely to. What you want is some sort of perfect Mary Sue things never go wrong ever power. Which we probably have, somewhere or other, but I don't know where.

Maybe the Nanoha Summoner perk? It might not work across jumps though, ask Heavens.

You missed my point.

Him being average is a bad thing. I consider it a criticism to call him average, and it being a negative trait if true.

Luck is luck, luck perks tip the odds in your favor, if there are no odds of failure then it's not luck anymore.

Where's the jojo stand supplement again? I can't find it in the drive

Tales of Phantasia has one, I believe. I don't know what the Nanoha one is priced at but this one is a capstone so curb your enthusiasm.

Your bait is weak, old man.

>I'm pretty sure the average person doesn't wanna bang a little girl, Shield Knight fits into that mold as far as I know.
Correct. He wants to abuse little girls, but not sexually. Naofumi isn't getting off on it when he projects his hatred for women onto his slaves (oh yeah, his harem is made of slaves, by the way) and mistreats them horribly, he's just psychologically unbalanced because the evil goddess that rules the world specifically selected worthless creeps to summon as the heroes so that they'll be extra susceptible to psychological torture. Now Medea, she gets off on it when she breaks the spirits of people who thought they were the protagonist.

Isekai was a mistake.

What, why? Everyone has average traits. The average person likes icecream. The average person is right handed. What are you wanting exactly???

I wouldn't call being popular with the invisible, omnipresent watchers beyond reality who dictate whether my world continues or ends in mysterious ways an-well alright, when you put it THAT way.

I'm just saying, the one upside about becoming a christmas cake is no longer having to bear the responsibility of being existence's support pillar.

On the off chance this isn't bait: it doesn't exist and the jumpmaker is gone. No you can't make your own.

Take a look at the end of the Jorge Joestar jump for some general information about stands, then make one up.

If you try to make omni-god the omni-stand that gives you omnipotence we, or at the very least I, will laugh at you.

Some of the Light classes in Sburb probably could.

I'm fairly certain you can be a Luckstealer or some other prestige class in DnD that gives consious control over applying luck bonuses to rolls.

Stop fucking playing semantics you fucking retard, you know what I fucking mean. I want to make it so that the best possible result that could occur from any given action, call it luck or whatever, will always happen, all the time.

Everyone will...
Also throw eggs at omni-god inside The World.

Oh, hello Mary.

Oh in that case take a look at Elan from Anima Beyond Fantasy. Obtaining perfect synchronicity with Beryl makes all your actions as perfect as they can be.

So you just want to be a mary sue. Okay, just be one. Don't let the rules get in your way.

I don't know that, anyway thanks for the info mate

How Can Luck Be Real If Our Benefactors Aren't Real?

He said faceless fat men already user.

Holy shit, I dropped out after the evil church cult got beaten and the queen came back, did he turn into a complete monster at some point later on?

I remember the original girl was bought as a slave and he kept up the pretense to let her get away with shit in public, but I don't remember him ever actually treating her like one, or getting other slaves along the way. Only other two girls I remember was the bird girl and the younger princess, and he generally tried to keep them safe (treated the princess like shit since he thought she was in on things with her dad and sister to sell him up the river, but trusted her later).

If you got your hands on madaras eyes could you copy their abilities with ultimate being since its a bloodline type thing?

It's not semantics, retard, that's how luck fucking works. What you're describing and wanting is fate to railroad you to victory. It's not luck if there's no chance for anything other than your success.

Does it matter, user? Does it really?

What do you mean "early"

DC Occult and Young Justice both have perks that help you eschew or circumvent both the price of magic and some requirements for certain spells. This makes DC magic much more worthwhile.

D&D magic is also good for practically everything once you get to a high enough level.

TES magic is also really good. Conjuration/summoning is fairly safe, and you can make some incredible weapons and armor powered by monster and animal souls.

Geneforge has a special kind of magic that lets you design, create, and modify animals, plants, monsters, and sapient beings.

And the magic from MCU works really good with magitech since it's designed around manipulating space and dimensions, and pulling matter and energy from alternate realities.

Early /jc/ threads were filled with Jumpers fucking their Pokemon at jump 1, not even bothering to import them.

Well, we could, but you can't. Not anymore.

>Holy shit, I dropped out after the evil church cult got beaten and the queen came back, did he turn into a complete monster at some point later on?
No the user is exaggerating, he actually ends up like a big bro for them. He still acts like a jerk and makes them work for their meals, no free food in this house but still a great guy.

>Implying lady Jumpers had a chance of keeping their hands off these shredded muppets.

Wait what. Explain, please?

I thought it was just classic Gardevoir-waifuing.