Didn't see one

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/toj9Xfx.gif
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_trifluoride
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This pic makes me feel so good

I don't get it.

He got a girl in his room topless with that poster, he's some kind of sex god

I am not a chemist so can someone tell me what molecules these are supposed to represent?

Was going to post this as
>rolling bad stats.gif
but it turns out 85.7 is larger than 8.

i.imgur.com/toj9Xfx.gif

The first one is a clusterfuck bundle of nitrogen that does what every other clusterfuck bundle of nitrogen does: explodes with incredible violence.

The other one sets things like sand, concrete, and glass on fire.

Well, the first one consists entirely of nitrogen, and since compounds tend to get more volatile the more nitrogen they contain, means it is absurdly explosive. The second one is chlorine triflouride, which will set sand on fire. Among other things. Most things, really.

Holy fuck, this is too accurate

They are doing everything wrong.

Yes, I got that. I thought AD&D was generally well-regarded, though.

Messy shit that barely works, doesn't if together, and causes discomfort to look at.
In a just world, it would describe literally anything by WotC before AD&D.

On the other hand, systems wars have many parallels to ideologs hissing at each other.

WHY
The first one is a chemical that explodes whenever anything is done to it. Including nothing

Fun little chemistry lesson. Nitrogen, N2, is one of the most stable compounds found in nature. So stable, in fact, that generally only a lightning strike contains enough energy to separate it into elemental form.

So, nitrogen likes to be left the fuck alone, basically. However, when when bonds are formed, they release a lot of energy. The stronger the bond, the more energy released. So, nitrogen forming bonds with itself releases a lot of energy, and most explosives are founded on the idea of reacting in such a way that nitrogen forms bonds with itself.

That compound right there contains 14 nitrogens, and not a single one of them in a triple bond. To call it prone to explosions is an understatement beyond belief.

I read the report the lab that created it put out. Their statement was along the lines of

>The explosive capability of this compound is beyond our ability to measure. Even the smallest loads in weight and friction tests resulted in immediate decomposition.

They also put it into a spectrometer and when they turned it on it blew up. A spectrometer is used to look at compounds by bouncing light off them, so this stuff is so reactive that simply shining a light on it will set it off.

The fact that they even managed to synthesize it still blows me away.

not filename but the Frinkiac thread died on me.

It's only so fucking bloated because it's in a god-awful format that should have been retired 20 years ago.

As for the second one, it's the most powerful oxidizer known to man. Oxidation is a funny term for setting shit on fire, so yea.

Not only can it set shit on fire you wouldn't normally expect to burn, like fireproof materials, and not only does it react explosively with water and sand, so good luck putting the fire out, but the fire it creates doesn't actually require oxygen to keep burning, so it can set shit on fire even in a vacuum.

Basically, if it sets something on fire, the only solution you have is to run as fast as fucking possible.

How does it even go out?

God damn I fuckin' love science.

It runs out of shit to burn, essentially.

Bottom ones called Chlorine Triflouride. The Nazis wanted to use it to burn through the concrete bunkers on the Maginot Line. They couldn't make enough of it though, and it tends to be hypergolic with just about everything, so storage and transport are a pain.
NASA experimented with it too, they spilled some and it burned through the buildings foundation into the ground below.

It doesn't.

Not until it runs out of things to burn. Which takes a while, since it burns things like rocks and dirt.

What doesn't it burn?

Teflon?

As the reaction goes eventually you run out of ClF3, so it stops reacting. But until then, you're pretty much fucked.

goddamit I lost

Certain metal containers, if treated with fluorine gas, will form a fluorine coating that will prevent the compound from reacting with it, allowing for safe transport.

However, if you clean the metal and don't allow enough time for the bond to reform after treating, it will absolutely set the metal on fire.

Human flesh. It melts, dentures, and separates flesh into its base compounds, then lights THOSE on fire.

Teflon, sand, glass, leather, steel, test engineers, wood, ice, concrete, you name it, it burns.

>It can be kept in some of the ordinary structural metals — steel, copper, aluminum, etc. — because of the formation of a thin film of insoluble metal fluoride which protects the bulk of the metal, just as the invisible coat of oxide on aluminum keeps it from burning up in the atmosphere. If, however, this coat is melted or scrubbed off, and has no chance to reform, the operator is confronted with the problem of coping with a metal-fluorine fire. For dealing with this situation, I have always recommended a good pair of running shoes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_trifluoride

The thin film that forms on Aluminum when exposed to air. The very thin, easy to accidentally scratch clean, or otherwise remove without realizing film.

Lose it at the conclusion every time.

Sauce?

After seeing this webm posted for the fifteenth time, I must say this has to be the funniest 40 second video on the internet

I have mixed feelings about this

>that filename

But this actually happened in real life on many occasions.

In fact, right after the Spanish conquest of Mexico, there was a huge influx of Ronin into New Spain and Mexico City, when they came on Chinese junks that were hunting for dat sweet silver. They then acted as guards and mercenaries, protecting trade caravans and fighting skirmishes with locals Mesoamerican tribes (like the Maya and Aztec remnants), escaped slave colonies, and renegade Spanish soldiers.

So yes, Jaguar Knights fighting a Ronin Samurai is a historically plausible scenario.

>The fact that they even managed to synthesize it still blows me away.
Not as much as actually synthesising it would.

The Wizard of Aus

>How it usually is vs how we wish it was.

>IT IS SO ORDERED

Based Galveston, never change.

Maybe try a little harder to clean up the seaweed tho

I played this for my OCD girlfriend and she could barely watch by the end.

Do this in her bathroom.

>ha ha LOL so OCD xD

Go fuck yourself.

What crawled up your salty bum and died?

>Gucci Mane mimic.jpg

>Superman browsing tumblr.png

Veeky Forums is more notorious for it's insanity and moronic minds. tumblr has way more hatred, though one could argue that Veeky Forums's anonymity makes it harder to make hate effective on a person.

Considering that the Katana was a side arm, there was likely something missing there, whether the setting notes were there or not.

Uh, source?

needs a Veeky Forums related filename

Actually, that works in-universe. Herc has serious issues with his dad and the idea that his father WOULD approve is what shocks him out of it.

not >Ignorant of actual Greek mythology, She truly is Captain America

The premise for an awesome retro sci-fi campaign?

Fuckin brutal.