Battle Janitor Edition

>Emperor's Children Legion Trait, Stratagem and Psychic Power
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/31/legion-focus-emperors-children/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising Edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

How many different armies do you own?

It simply says 'units attacked by this weapon do not gain any bonus to their saving throws for being in cover.'

This means that if ATTACKED- not even hit- the unit loses any and all armor boost from cover. Period. If it specified for a round, that'd work. But as is, it literally just means "boop, no cover for you. Sorry mandrakes!" and that's all

>The average Admech player brings around 6-10 destroyers at a standard 2k game

Hardly anyone is bringing destroyers in 8th. But considering your dumbass claim I doubt you've even played 8th.

It uses the same language as skull cannons etc, it is not a debuff the weapon itself ignores cover.

You're fucking kidding, right? I bring destroyers literally every game, and they're great. 70 points isn't bad at all considering that next to cawl they're pumping out stupid amounts of damage. Literally everyone except you is bringing them, apparently.

Have YOU played 8th? 2 grav squads is the norm, plus maybe another squad mixed in. Wtf are you bringing if not Kataphrons?

Has anyone done an analysis of which chaos named characters are good in 8th?

You're retarded, they don't gain any cover bonuses against that one attack, it doesn't eliminate their cover bonuses for the rest of the game.

Kastelans and Neutron Onagers are the meta atm. The general consensus is that destroyers are overcosted.

Yeah, and next round, when they are being attacked by bolters or whatever, then they aren't being attacked by that weapon, and therefore gain cover.

Stop being a huge shitter

Maybe. I guess I'm stuck on the 7th function/rules, but it can be read either way in those cases. Odd.

Oh well, it's douchey for friendly games but could be fun for tournament play

Depending on your army probably all of them. Kharn feels like the weakest, due to his aura being 1" and he only swings at S6 compared to a lot of named characters it doesn't really swing high. He does get 12 attacks though.

It does not read either wayas it doesnt say lose the benefits or unable to gain benefits.

Held the line against the dreaded PBJ Nids this Sunday what about you anons? Any interesting games for FoK?
And it was a 2000pt game.

>shooting kastellans
>literally shit unless you double-shot, which is wildly impractical 90% of the time (unless American)
Fiststellans, brah. Also most times the Icarus is better, but neutron is still badass.

Abaddon seems quite powerful. With so many 2+ to hit characters and melee weapons being strong the changeling is interesting.

Typhus, Magnus, Huron are the top chaos marine characters.

Huron? Why?

Karanak is pretty bad all things considered but yeah abadabba is pretty nice.

Making a new post based on the answers that I got from the last thread about running low model armies w/knights. One user suggested Grey Knights as a good buffer for a massive knight which I think sounds pretty cool as I like their look.

My new question would be how would you build an army with GK and IK? I think paladins look really cool but after looking at their point cost I'm pretty hesitant. Would it be viable to run a Knight Crusader, one Grey Knight HQ, and as many paladins as I can fit?

Once again, sorry for the noob questions. I have only just played my first few games of 40k with some Orks that I got second hand. I like my Orks but I hate moving like >100 models every turn.

2500 game tomorrow, I need some help with my list.

Basic stuff:
Kharn
Chaos lord
40 berzerkers
4 rhinos

What I have available:
7 hellbrutes
2 squads raptors
5 oblitarators
30 chaos space marines
20 chaos terminators
10 possessed

Well you have to add the seven brutes. It's not even a question at this point.

Cheap way of making all your units immune to moral. And hes a psyker.

>7 Helbrutes
You know what to do

Any idea what you're going up against?

All the brutes all the time. Then Termies. Then Raptors. Then Marines. Then Possessed. Then Oblits. See what list you can throw together and get back to us.

Loadouts on the brutes?

Dug this bad boy up. He was made under far older rules than is current. Is the Venom Cannon and boneswords legit under the current rules?

This was assembled ages ago, so nevermind the wonky venom cannon

Ultramarines, last time it was a lot tacs and sternguard in rhinos but that was 7th.

Can I get a critique of my 1500point list? Gonna use Templar rules, say they're a Templar Brethren squad supported by two Dev squads. I know I'm clearly in the casual fluff build, I just don't want to get stomped every time I play.

Captain, SS + TH
10 Man Vangaurd Vet Squad
SS + P Swords
Chapter Ancient
Chaplain
Land Raider Crusader
Hurricane Bolters, Twin AssCannon, Storm Bolter
(2) 5-man Dev Squad
2/2 split ML and LC
Cherub
170x2
(2) Razorback
Twin AssCannon, Storm Bolter
102x2
Contemptor Dread
CCWep and Kheres AssCannon

Plan is to load up the Dev squads into the Razors, everything else into the Crusader. Also considering dropping the Chaplain for an Apothecary and giving the Razorbacks Twin Lascannons instead. Thoughts?

Typhus is a monster and ridiculously cheap. Stats of a Lord, psychic potential of a Sorcerer, buffs nearby pox walkers.

In combat you're looking at 4 S7 AP-3 D3 on a 2+, 2d6 S4 AP-3 on a 5+, Smite, and then another mortal wound on a 4+. In return he's T5 W6 2+/4++/5+++ and can cast Miasma of Pestilence on himself so enemies are -1 to hit him.

Good god, Typhus.

What's a good tzaangor to rubric ratio for my TS army?

Neutron Laser > Icarus
One fucks heavy targets in the mouth and is alright against infantry with heavy stubbers the other one is ok vs non-flying models and great against shit with fly

Not really sure where you're getting that dakka bots are shit from unless you're exclusively playing on city fight tables.

That's the same wording for my smart missile systems.

I don't play like an idiot. But i'll be more than happy to play your way with you.

3 snap fot multimeltas, 1 with missile launcher and plasma cannon, 1 with missile launcher and fist, 1 with fist and hammer, and an autocannon contemptor.

I admire your spirit.

I'd drop the number of storm shields to maybe 4 or so. Is there a reason you are running 10x Vanguard as opposed to 2 units of 5x Company Veterans, which are statistically nearly the same, except for they can absorb hits for your Captain.

Other than that, I'd consider some Crusaders. The standard Crusader brick I run is 10 Crusaders (2 Power Axes, one on the Sword Brother) with 5 Initiates holding knives. I run two of those and just footslog them.

Love the Contemptor, wish I could get a hold of one that wasn't the static GW pose. Have you considered a Lieutenant? In the new book they're pretty good. Also, since you're only running the one character, save some points and give the Captain the Burning Blade, since it costs you a meager 4pts.

Brothers, help me out on my quest!

>Slaanesh+Nurgle
Anal
>Slaanesh+Tzeentch
Tumblr

I need to find the other combos!

Are Wracks ever worth it as deldar? They're 11PPM and doesn't seem that great. I guess going to T5 with a Haemy isn't that bad maybe?

Its not perfect but im happy with it.

Well, Khorne + Slaanesh should be obvious.

painting harlelquins looks not fun

So I've recently acquired the funds to allow me to start 40k. Only problem is that I don't know what to start with. I've played the first DoW and loved the colour schemes for Word bearers, world eaters and emperors children chaos marines, so they're an option. My other two choices are either orks or dark eldar (though the whole "npc" thing is a turnoff.

Can anyone give some advice to ease my pick, or describe how the different legions I listed play/have good lore?

>tfw store hasn't reported anything for Konor yet because the owner put an incompetent megalomaniac in charge of reporting

Don't listed to the SM and CSM dipshits who call them NPCs, it's a tired meme for people who shit talk other peoples plastic army men

Downloads for all the indices are in the OP, and the CSM book is dropping in a week (and thus will have a digital copy available in the OP within a week after that). Read up on the armies, see what their units look like, what looks fun, what flavor sounds good, etc. You want to pick the army that scores the highest overall marks for you between:
1. Looks fun to paint and assemble
2. Looks fun to play
3. Has fun flavor

As far as Chaos Marines go I'd hold off a week or two and see what the Codex brings before making a choice; just off fluff I'd go Word Bearers or Emps Children of your choices, probably the latter because Noise Marines are awesome.

>NPC

why would you let Veeky Forums memes dictate your army choice

Pick shit that you like the look of

Also it really depends on how much you like painting. If you fucking hate painting, then painting a bajillion ork boyz is not going to be fun

>Ordered my first SoB squad yesterday

I'll be glad when I have a few of them. Vehicles aren't too expensive and I can deal with other squads well enough but the basic ten person squad is a kick in the dick wallet.

High impact sexual violence?

Any guesses on what the NightLords legion tactic will be? I'm curious because In Midnight Clad is their strategem. I'm kind of worried that they're going to get something like -1Ld within 3" or something because while fluffy, it's extremely limited, especially when you look at the SM tactics.

What do you guys think of Doom Sirens? Worth the 22 points?

AAAAAAAAAH I CAN'T PAINT FACES AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A more usrful ability would be to force morale saves, something that disables modifiers or auto successes etc.

Skin tone and then a wash over it maybe use a super detail brush for white eyes but skip pupils.

Power metal. Seriously, Khorne+Slaanesh is pretty much the Manowar combo...

IIRC, it was originally to cut down on Elite units that I had, but that was an older list and it would indeed be a straight upgrade, along with the Burning Blade for my dude. swapping those out. With 6 SS gone, I have 47 points. Would swapping the AssCannons with Lascannons on the Razorbacks be a good idea? Leaves me with 17 points, though I do have to rebuild the Vets.

It fits fluffy and the general trend of the current army rules. Nightlords have always been garbage in marine v marine fight due to their tactics not working.

Ye I tried pupils and the nigga looks cross eyed

How about K+T or K+N?
Fuck yes

If you can rely on your ranged support to remove hard targets and use your melee to engage MEQ's and the like, I'd go with Axes instead of PS, but otherwise, that's fine. Lascannons are fine on a Razorback, but I've heard they're more effective on a Predator, though I don't know what you have. Seems like your list is wanting to lean against your range to soften up the targets before you plow through.

>primaris HQs don't have the options for super expensive wargear
>instead they force dumb players not to pay 25 points for a moderately more effective weapon, instead investing it in more troops
>bad players willfully wipe away their tears with another plasma incinerator as good list building is forced upon them

Can't really complain

Skullhamma when

I doubt GW would give anyone an ability to force moral ignoring shit like Commissars.

How is -1 Moral within 3" in anyway on the trend of Ignores cover, rerolling dice, -1 hit, advance and charge, hit and run, a x rerolling charges? It's not even Marine v Marine because at least three armies straight up ignore moral.

no idea but i could see GW putting out an apoc or supplement for superheavies around Christmas (i would love it if they brought back some of the old superheavies that never got updated like the silver tower or subjugator)

might be time to try your hand at homebrewing up something

Basically during, I think, Second War of Armageddon, the Black Templars and SoB were fighting Orks. I can't remember what happened exactly, but I think the SoB refused to retreat from a cathedral because it had relics in it, the Black Templars got mad saying they were wasting troops, resources and so on a pointless defence. As the Orks started to overwhelm the SoB, the Black Templars shelled the cathedral to a crater. The SoB killed themselves covering the relics so they weren't crushed. From then on the two hated each other.

That was before BT out and out think the same as SoB on Emperor's divinity so the event was retconned to BT and SoB defending the relics together.

I think. Plus the whole anti-heretic, anti-witch sentimentality.

It's even worse when you consider that -1 LD will at most just make a unit lose 1 extra model from a failed test. Now if they have stacking LD penalties it might be ok but most people either take something to help them ignore or mitigate moral damage, or take units small enough that you'll have killed the entire unit before they'll even need to take a test anyways.

Unfortunately GW has never once considered the meta when creating Nightlord rules

"Give them bonuses to Fear because they're scary!"

"But so many armies are immune to Fear, makong it stronger doesn't provide any kind of-"

"I'm spooked solid!"

While its not balanced, you have to admit it makes sense fluffwise; all the Night Lords have ever been good for is terrifying civilians, it makes sense that they struggle against Necrons and Orks and Tyranids and anything that ins't intimated by that shit.

But some fearless stuff can be mitigated, snipping commisars, synapse bugs or killing nobs for example?

So Possessed being 2 wounds now, what are your thoughts about them now?

Well morale is useless without something that can counter that shit.

Thanks for the help, dude.

I was originally buying stuff build a 30K Fists army, but with FW not going into 8e and no one in my area playing 30K, I'm gonna build a count-as 30K Fists army with Templar/Fists rules. What better model for an Emperor's Champion than Sigismund, right?

Sad that it's probably better not to run a full suite of SS + P Sword, the fluff appeal is so strong. Back to the drawing board for me for a bit.

Worth it

>sniping
>chaos

user...

You're still only making them suffer a single additional casualty from a failed test, assuming the penalties don't stack at least.

Depending on how the army is built even if you gun specifically for all of their moral dampening units the penalty may not even be relevant until turn 3 or 4.

Chaos spawn still better offensively but they are pretty tanky now.

sniping characters is generally a pretty tough

yeah it wasn't a strong rule. hilarious against orks in 7th though since you could force a lot of leadership/morale checks on them easily

Idk. My last match I fought 3 grav destroyers at 1k and each turn wiped out one of my combat squads that were in cover, then cawl repaired damage they took while fisto kastellans marched up the field and fisted me

I do feel like those fearless things likely should have scaled for the number of dudes being lost. Like a Nob whacking 1/3 the number you would have lost to rally them or a Kommisar executing half that number. So as not to completely negate the effects of morale.

Repulsor with lastalon, twin lascannon, onslaught cannon, extra ironhail stubber, 2 krakstorm launchers and 5 fragstorm launchers

4 STR 9 AP-3 D3 damage shots

2 Str 6 AP-1 shots

6 STR 6 AP-1 shots

3 STR 4 AP-1 shots

5D6 STR 4 AP0 shots

Same price as a land raider, essentially is a godhammer with most of a crusaders weapons smashed on.

The only thing it loses is the 2+ armor save and range, the latters not a huge issue when delivering aggressors. Dedicated transport is just icing on the cake

Damn fine tank

So some people are saying Doomsday Arks are the only thing worth bringing and others are saying they're the worst Heavy Support Necrons have.

Any other Cron plays have thought s on them? I've used a pair of them in two games last week and they seemed alright. I do wish their damage output wasn't so random.

Also realize that once assembled the under side is going to be impossible to paint

They aren't a bad unit, they just aren't something that's a must include in every army like they were in 7th. They're just not a unit that is seeing wide usage because they're fairly expensive and there are betting things to bring for the same cost.

Take marauders, a sorc with infernal gaze, DS khorne meltatermies with IoW and warptime them, dunno user, use your imagination

Even as an imperial guard, why would they be more spooked by the edgy bat-marines than they would by nids, necrons, regular chaos boys, etc ? Doesn't make sense

>better things to bring
Fuck I cannot type.

Just take heavy destroyers and laugh as all your opponents vehicles become heaping wrecks of ash on the field

Heavy destroyers are better at the anti tank job, although there's nothing really wrong with a doomsday ark. It at least has greater range and a bit of anti infantry defense.

Wow user, you managed to get a lot of those weapon profiles wrong.

Arent those like 100 points for basically one lascannon shot?

Oops, didnt realise the old general was dead.

Reposting my question:

Am I just misreading the codex, or did they take away weapon options from Land Speeder Storms? Is it HB/Cerberus only now? I have a painted one with a MM already on it.

If you were to cast Fabulous Bill's buff on possessed and fail 3, would you lose 1 model and have 1 on 1 wound, or would you have 3 on 1 wound?

outright negating other abilities is probably a bit much.

could get something like "when a unjt takes a moral test it is also suffers 1 mortal wounds." Still lets you have an effect without beinng to much of a hard counter.

>6084▶
>File: 1501212365399.jpg (20 KB, 222x317)
Why put one person in charge? That's retarded.
In the store I work at, whoever is at the till just reports the results that get through at a given time.

At the moment

>Small force of chads and death guard I'm planning on expanding
>About 5000 points of 30k iron warriors
>About 3500 points of Eldar

At various other points in my gaming life I've had

>2k or so of Ultramarines
>8000 points or so of Tyranids
>3000 points or so of grey knights

75. Considering the doomsday ark is 203, you get more shots from the destroyers that are more accurate as they re roll 1's.

So I made a pretty madman list for tomorrow

150 Boyz (5 squads of 30 each led by a nob with a PK)

3 Wazbom blasta jets for my AT

2 warbosses with power klaws

2 Big Meks with killsaws and Force fields

2 Weird Boyz, one with da jump, the other with the extra attack power

never fielded a flier in a while, let alone most of mine, I can't imagine it will work, but I want to try and fly them in formation

Its not so nuch being a hard counter as removing a bullshit hard counter.

Onslaughts str5 instead of str6, what else is wrong?

Bumping my own question since a lot of people seemed to have skipped over it to help the guy with his list.