Max Rebo Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A_Hot_Time_in_the_Cold_Town_Tonite!
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's his endgame?

Reebo beats Jabba the Hutt's erection

and the band plays on!

>According to the story, the band begins as a quartet called "Evar Orbus and His Galactic Jizz-wailers."
>Galactic Jizz-wailers

>One of the instruments used in that genre is the jizz-box.

Amazing thread. Good job.

>Another instrument used in jizz was the 'peel rod'

I believe Jizz was the name of the musical genre he and his band played.

Like jazz but stickier

I bet this guy had his own novel series, like every other background character before the soft reboot.

>I bet this guy had his own novel series
Nah, but he was my favorite character in Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina.

His endgame was getting lots of delicious food.

Ah, the innocent days before the Internet, when whole swaths of humanity were unaware that jizz was a slang term for semen.

maybe everyone already knows this and I am buzz killing, but for a long time the terms jazz, jass, and jizz were used interchangeably before the big labels agreed to pick a name and stick with it

>maybe everyone already knows this

I doubt it, but I'm sure Lucas knew it since he came from that culture. Hell he made a movie all about growing up in the 50s.

You know I realized that the starwars franchise have a lot of great characters that are usually just in the background and never really get the attention they deserve.

That (((Nose)))

this was before even his time. those three terms are all derived from jasm, a black slang for orgasm in the 1910s.
I took a jazz history class in college to keep my full time student status

Yes, Jizz-wail is a sub-genre of Jizz music. The other famous Jizz band in the original trilogy is Figrin D'an and the modal nodes; the Bith band seen playing in the Moss Eysly cantina.

Jabba the Hut was a big fan of Jizz, and Max agreed (on behalf of the band) to play at Jabba's palace indefinitely in exchange for unlimited food. The rest of the band were not pleased.

>Jabba the Hut was a big fan of Jizz

This thread is ripe with choice phrases.

He was, though. I recall a comic where Jabba sent Max & co. to play for a fellow crime-boss who was also a Jizz connoisseur, but packed the band's speakers with explosives to try and assassinate his rival.

Max, Sy, & Droopy only escaped by cunning use of holograms.

I can't tell if you people are fucking with me or not goddamn it

>a fellow crime-boss who was also a Jizz connoisseur

Another to add to my list of "phrases I never expected to hear in my lifetime."

The old Expanded Universe was a wild ride, and while I'm not sure if the things those anons said were true, I can say they wouldn't surprise me if they were.

I'd confirm that all of the above happened, but i'm currently being digested by a fourth dimensional slab of meat

It's real.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A_Hot_Time_in_the_Cold_Town_Tonite!

Found some never before seen pics of Max Rebo and Jizz

Max is in Tales from Jabba's Palace.
Figrin D'an is in Mos Eisley Cantina.
Not that it matters much.
Good books, though.