What is your favorite type of weapon?

What is your favorite type of weapon?

I wasn't always a weeb

then I played with Kusari-gama in Nioh

19th century firearms.

And also swords.

Mace. Spilling blood is uncouth, but cracking skulls is fine

Mr. Salvador's flaming twin chainsaw from Resident Evil 4

Battle rifles if modern/future, railgun or ETC or similar in sci-fi, I don't like lasers. For typical fantasy age settings my favorite is knife, more for what they represent than how good they actually are in a system.

fantasy - a long sword

sci-fi - futuristic bullet firing assault rifle. lie the pulse rifle from Alien

40k - bolter

I've always been partial to hook + chain combos, or just using a chain like a whip. Ball n' Chain is also good, whether it be a Morningstar or literally a heavy ball on a chain.

Macuahuitls are cool too.

Alternatively, improvised weaponry or makeshift/jury rigged shit. From the humble frying pan to a cannon you made out of a bunch of shit from your garage/workshop, I like it. Folding chair a best though.

Historically accurate zweihanders (with a "double" grip).

I'm also a /k/ommando who love all guns, from flintlock pistols to AR-15's

Flashlights, I mean, lasguns

shota spellbooks

Hate

The most deadly weapon of all

words

My characters usually carry multiple weapons. usually some kind of polearm, a sword as a side arm and a range weapon

No thing purer than white-hot hatred

Tech Setting: Orbital Laser
Sword & Board Setting: Flanged Mace
Fantasy Setting: Magic Staff

I don't care how impractical they are, find a way to make chainswords work DARPA!

sword & board

bolt/lever action rifles

anything that is strong and versatile but isnt too strong as to make combat boring

When it comes to melee weapons, Chainsaws and their kin are the best. They're gruesome, badass, and effective. In decending order from best to worst:
Chainsaw Bayonet
Chainfist
Chainsaw in place of a hand
Chainaxe
Chainsword
Etc.

Practical ones.

Anything involving a Giant axe, especially halberds

Shot/scatter guns

and they fucking blow in almost every game/iteration

But chainsaw as a weapon has a flaw of well...Getting dull real fast

Fantasy/Medieval - Polearms, Spears, Halberds, Glaives and Pikes. Lances are cool too.

Sci-Fi - Hand Cannons. Any compact gun that launches large pieces of metal at high speeds into my enemy's fleshy bits