media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAGreyhawkInitiative.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
Did you get to use Geas in your games? What are best uses for it? Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!UPIHkKSC!WXNoiDM6iYP_HWFPFgYM3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What just stops a monster from tanking the 5d10 psychic and trying to kill you?
As I read it they can only take 5d10 once per day.

Monk is a pretty good class as are all of the 5e classes if you're not fucking autistic and only think in terms of numbers.

The "charmed" effect. You can't attack your charmer or target them with harmful abilities or magical effects.

AND you get an advantage on persuasion against charmed creature. You know, for extra loyalty.

Hi again, just reposting my question from the last thread since it's going down.

Hi Veeky Forums I'm trying to think up how a sort of Shrine Maiden character could mechanically work. I presume the character could be a cross of monk/cleric, which looks like it could work since both monk and cleric work off strong wisdom scores.

What do you think? Could this be possible? Perhaps a majority monk who uses the lesser cleric spells to buff themselves and allies before fighting, or perhaps a majority cleric who has some utility monk stuff

"Everyone sleeps with masks that cover the entirety of the face along with the ears for there are common tiny worms that have nestling in a human brain as part of their reproduction cycle.

The infestation is mostly without warning signs. The final stage consists in the skull melted from the inside by the powerful acids secreted by the mature butterflies, which take flight as soon as it's open enough for them to pass.

It is said that their color is based on the personality of their host."

This is an excellent plot hook.

Simple bro. Where does it say killing the caster ends the spell?
They better kill you right before it expires and pray, or they will be constantly weakened or killed until they ether break it .

>monk is a pretty good class, unless you decide to look at it closer

Look, an autist

Yeah, a 1 or 2 level dip into cleric might be worth it, but I advise against being a cleric dipping into monk.
Best domains for you are those that give goodies early and scale with your wisdom, not your cleric level. Dip 1 level into Protection cleric or 2 levels into Tempest, it's especially good.
Cast bless before combat.

mega.nz/#F!UPIHkKSC!WXNoiDM6iYP_HWFPFgYM3A

Uploaded the D&D comic for those interested.

Arcane Tradition,Theurgy bro.
Pick buffing/healing spells, Life Cleric domain (or whatever domain) and once you get to them, things like Magic Circle, Wall of Force, Divination...
Alarm, Augery, ect.

Bam, shrine maiden, barrier style.
You can throw in some Kensai monk or something later too if you want.

Brilliant! I'll read into this. Thank you!

No, the monk is still a good class, only autists and retards would think it trash or less of it because they completely misunderstand what 5e is going for.

Anons? If you're playing a Githyanki in a 5e Planar campaign, what class would best fit to the traditional Gish social class? Eldritch Knight, Bladesinger, Soulknife or a multiclassing?

I'm kind of leaning towards multiclassed Fighter (EK)/Wizard (Bs), simply because that should give it the fullest mixture of martial & magical might that the multiclassed fighter/mage had in AD&D.

To add to this, as a monk you are using your bonus actions, all the time. This is why any domain that gives you features as bonus actions is bad, like War.

I would never play this campaign setting because I would have nightmares. Fuck bugs.

>Cast bless before combat.

This isn't usually feasible.

What's the most chuuni class? Warlock?

Mystic, it's literally the "create an anime character" class.

Complete with closet weebs who will defend the class harder than a Pathfinder fanboy, while swearing it's perfectly balanced, functional, and fits with the rest of the game.

charmed or persausion =/= loyalty

Mystic, because psychic powers is a pretty chuuni-snowflake basis for powers, especially in a setting where such things are supposed to be super rare and alien.

I ban all UA content in my games.

problem solved.

What a fag

I might push people towards using state-of-the-art homebrew that is way way way way way better than UAs, but even I don't ban those from my games. You must really hate fun.

>Did you get to use Geas in your games?
It's actually a pretty common setting element, and is in some ways more common to the folklore origin than the spell.

The primary goddess of the setting has a number of servants who's only purpose is to come to the mortal realm and deal these out. Each one has only one function, and that is to occupy a certain place or inhabit a single object, and make the geas when the right conditions are met. Ignore your geas for too long and you lose the boons it gives you. Go against the taboos it imposes on you and it will impose curses on you.

Meanwhile her first husband is more prone to the "here are some powers, now let me slowly twist your mind around and corrupt your desires until you want to fuck up everything in my name" strategy.

Geas is a fantastic spell and it's broad enough to allow virtually anything to be Charmed.

My Bard used Geas on a particularly nasty Dracolich. We used him as an errand boy mostly, but kinda broke the game for a few sessions as combat would not technically result in 'certain death' or 'suicidal command' due to the nature of this Dracolich. Combat was quick, to the point the DM stopped planning combat encounters and focused on dungeon puzzles and roleplay to progress the story.

We eventually found his phylactery and we dispatched him (pretty sure the DM was giving us a pretty strong hint he wanted to move on from this).

I recently retired my Bard as he completed all of his character goals that were set out at level one, and moved on to another. I feel Bards in general get really god damned good at anything they want to do, and felt that playing another class with a little more restriction would be better for the overall experience.

How is combat in this edition? Does everything flow nicely together?

Whats a good cost-benefit place to get some props and little guys to use on my grid for my games? Oficial stuff is pricey

Get a better job. I make bank doing IT and I don't even go work 20 hours a week. It's why I have so much time to make valuable homebrew that is wholesome at the same time.

Sounds nice

Hobby Lobby and Petsmart aquarium/terrarium section for terrain. You could also buy Styrofoam sheets and cut/carve your own terrain, buy some cheap acrylic paint, and paint it yourself in an afternoon .

Reaper Bones miniatures are super cheap and durable.

How do I find out more about the gods? Specifically the morning lord? I'm running curse of Strahd and I'd like to know more about this dude. I checked the phb but it didn't give me the fluff I was after

Can you fucking not.

SCAG has a bunch of fluff on the Realms deities.

It has some of the pitfalls of 3.5 (martials have a lot fewer options, HP bloat goes nuts at higher levels which makes finding non-damage ways of ending encounters more efficient, etc) but it isn't as bad as 3.5 was. The only thing 5E really does just as bad as 3E in my opinion is there are far too many spells, spans far too broad a spectrum of things they can do, and a single caster has access to far too many of them over the course of their career.

He can't. C0re is the biggest attention whore ever.

just ignore him boys

Its not even c0re. Its just some butt mad fag from the discord trying to cause drama.

c0re doesnt even come to the thread.

A monk with spellcasting ability that uses a gohei as a spell focus. The spells they get are abjuration and divination, and can use ki to charge the gohei to receive spell slots. They would also get daily uses of spells like banishment and bonuses against Devils and elementals with their monk weapons.

>not using filters
come on lads

I hesitate to say this with the state of /5eg/ lately but a half-caster subclass for Monk based on those spell schools would be an interesting homebrew.

Thank you, have a gif

I like c0re, he is a cool Guy.
I played a game with him and It was fun

Thank you, user!

Real c0re would be nicer

Hey Veeky Forums. So I've been running a campaign with my girlfriend for about 7 months now, the group is me, her, and 2 other friends. I am the DM. Now, several times the bard has flirted with her character in-game, but I let this go as him roleplaying his bard. Now said bard has started taking levels in fighter and increase his Strength so as to "make himself more attractive" he said jokingly. After a while of this I took him aside after the game and explained to him that he needs to cut this shit down. He said he is just joking and I shouldn't mean anything by it. Now, the other week I couldn't make game night because I had to work, so they said they'd play without me at the bard friend's place. Apparently they played Cards Against Humanity and Ticket to Ride and a few others games. Then recently I've seen my gf sending texts and when I got closer to her she would hide her phone. Now I am something like 90% sure she is cheating on me because the other group member said he left the games night before my girlfriend did so she was alone with bard player in his apartment. So basically, I am pretty sure I'm being cucked, possibly as I type this post. So my question is, how should I go about killing off his character in the campaign? He's a valor bard / fighter, has good Strength and Con and charisma but not the best in Dexterity or Wisdom. The current campaign involves a fight against demons. I was considering a succubus trying to catch his character alone and suck out his soul but I'm not sure. Any ideas for how to subtly kill him off that don't involve "rocks fall" bullshit?

the actual c0re is pretty cool. the jokes about his homebrews are mostly just memes, his stuff is pretty decent all things considered.

I dont know why whoever is pretending to be him hates him so much, i assume its the same person whos been spamming the cammy trannie stuff and just trying to create drama and be annoying

Dont let him come back to your game, just tell him you dont feel comfortable with him coming any more and cut all communications.

Ask your girlfriend to see her texts or break up with her. If she refuses to let you see then shes hiding something, doesnt really matter what.

Nip that shit in the bud before it gets worse

Include me in the screencap

How much is within Ao's "domain"?

It says he's basically just involved with Abeir-Toriel gods, but does that mean that:

>he has no power over the abyss, baator, etc?
>he has no power over any other planets in the material universe?
>ARE there even any other planets in the material universe? Or is like each realm it's own little pocket solar system which are resided over by Ao-tier divinities?

I realize the DMG exists but it usually gives me more questions than answers

>how should I go about killing off his character in the campaign
WTF are you talking about? Keeping shit like that in-game? Get it out in the open, break up with the chick, and tank the group. Get on with your life.

Kill him IRL

>Get cucked
>Ha, I know, I'll get back at them passive aggressively in imaginary land while they're fucking my girlfriend

What's the next part of your master plan?

It's called bait, gang.

Its true I am the best. Worship me.

Thinking about brewing up a Dark Knight class.

Not as fun as 4e, but fine.

So 5eg here's the problem I'm having:

I want to make a character that isn't good at fights. In fact, I want to make a character that not only isn't good at fights, but doesn't *want* to be good at fights.

My DM is the kind of guy who'll be generally okay with this, but I'm not sure if 5e is. Level 1 adventurers are apparently assumed to already be more competent than most people, which messes with my desire to start out as a desperate nobody and work my way up from the bottom.

Can it be done?

Change "caster" too wizard and I agree 100%. The other casters are all fine, with thematic spell lists that support the roles they're supposed to fill without providing ways past every single encounter in the game.

Unfortunately Wizards is WotC's special pet class and gets basically everything (especially if we count UA content).

Do Monks get Glaives as a monk weapon? It's the traditional weapon of the Sohei but that might be too obscure for D&D

>>Aos domains
>>Railroading Lorraine Williams and bankruptcy
>>Only active in the FR because thats the only setting that allows bullshit like that

>this many people caring about a namefag

Samefagging, in my 5eg?

What are some good monk multiclasses?

Sure. Look for commoner stats in MM. That is your character now. Enjoy.

The only real way to go is Monk/Warlock for the ridiculous hex shit you can do it with it. Probably the highest DPS in the game at the moment. Invocations are a nice bonus.

>Ask your girlfriend to see her texts or break up with her. If she refuses to let you see then shes hiding something, doesnt really matter what.

This is terrible advice from someone who doesn't know how to have a healthy relationship, to someone who doesn't know how to have a healthy relationship. Don't encourage bad habits and let the negative alpha attributes and negative beta attributes metastasize together. That is a recipe for incel men who can't find their way in the world because they've "tried" being "alpha" and it didn't work for them, or worse, gets them in a relationship with an equally broken person and creates a cycle of mutual abuse.

Yes, being in control is a good thing. But that has to come naturally. A clear lack of confidence and his obsessive social anxiety after recognizing you weren't in control is probably half of what got him cucked to begin with.

Thank you for being a real human being with a brain.

>Haha, I mean, it was all a joke!

That won't unfuck your girlfriend.

there are variant rules for beginning at level 0

but if you're playing with a group of people who are each proficient in something, why would you want to play the guy who isn't good at anything?

is it so you can be a special snowflake and rise up above everyone else at the end? why not just play a pacifist bard or cleric?

Some people can't contain their magical realm and just want to be bullied and shat on by the universe, user.

Check books from older editions, outside FR, all fluff should still be valid, as nothing beyond fuckin' realms got official 5e lore update.

Is this the shadow monk/Fiend warlock? Or something else with open hand?

Toril's crystal sphere, i.e. the whole solar system. And the planes associated with that piece of material plane but not with other parts of multiverse.

Stab him IRL as a warning.
Don't worry, it's just a d4, he'll be fine

You sound like a good person, what do you think 5e is going for in this context?

obviously this

i'd be okay with being good at something that wasn't murdering people. i know most classes have decent out-of-combat utility, it's just kinda bothersome that everyone's also good at murder.

(ironically barbarian and fighter are the best options for not murdering people because only melee attacks can be deliberately Non-Lethal, but they're still fighters so.)

i guess i understand that 5e is 5e and it's an rpg about fighting stuff, so i'm not going to die on this hill. just would be nice that's all.

naginata =/= glaives

by that logic, monks should get longbows too

Wrong

>Thinking that the CuckAnon or his gf actually exists and is not bait
C'mon now. This is "you just threw the fishing pole in the water" meme grade stuff.

A naginata is literally a glaive though

also yes. Presumably that's the point of the Kensai though I just didn't remember what their weapon selection was.

Play a Bard. Be good at skills and messaging spells, like Sending, Message, Dream, Legend Lore and Healing Words and shit.
Also illusions like invisibility, or teleportations and freedom of movement

Why would you play DnD if you don't want to play kickass fighter? Seriously.

play a life cleric

your main focus is healing and protecting rather than fighting, and if you need to perform nonlethal strikes you can do it.

>two yous
do you know what samefagging is, user?

>Wrong
>Literally posts evidence confirming we were right

In b4 message deleted.
Your move, user.

For me it's dependent on the GM more than other editions.
So long as they don't half-ass it in that way where everything's poorly communicated and you have to milk details out of them, they don't tread water in getting in or out of each scene, and so long as combat is more than "a fight to the death because there needed to be combat here," it's my favorite edition of D&D hands down.

Simply put, there's less procedural stuff to mask bad GMing habits, which is a bit of a double-edged sword for me because in my group's currently ongoing games its a crapshoot whether or not I'll have much fun.

What do you mean by procedural stuff?

i don't know anyone who's running anything else :I

thanks anons these are good ideas

The first guy was clearly accusing some single user of making all of those posts. The other guy made one statement in response to the general situation and one reply as part of normal conversation.

That's not samefagging. Samefagging is pretending to be more than one person. Otherwise nobody would be expected to post more than once per thread, and if that's all you want to prove is happening you could just cut to the chase and point out the ratio of replies to unique posters (before presumably leaving forever regardless of what people make of that post).

The two yous were two completely different things that werent even related. Do you really lack this much common sense?

>XD
You ((((two)))) are right

>Trying this hard to save face on an anonymous image board.

wrong again

Nice photoshop bro. Stop spamming the thread now, it's a fucking ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARD. You got called out, get the fuck over it.

>w-w-w-w-w-wrong user i don't know how to use photoshop i swear (hehe i'm so good at telling lies)

So Death Knight. Hex as a class feature was pretty kickass in that warlock UA. Something similiar but flavorful enough to be unique.

Pact of the Blade Undying Patron.

Hmm, anything whose (HD)/2 is less than 5d10 psychic damage can eventually sicken and die from a broken Geas, even if they can't be killed outright by 5-50 damage. This works out to about 55 max hp anyhow. Anyone stronger is just inconvenienced.

5e is a bit more streamlined and a bit more direct, which means there's less drawing your attention at any one point--so if something goes askew in how its being ran it'll stick out a bit more.

In other editions there's at least a little more to pay attention to at each step of playing the game, and those moments are part of the total experience of playing the game. So, little imperfections aren't quite so naked in how you take them in.

It's like how "close-up magic" is ultimately much harder to master and make compelling because you have someone's full attention while you do those tricks and you don't have as much pageantry about it. Even if something is more sizzle than sausage, it'll still feel more momentous and weighty most of the time.

See attached pic; reaaaally seems like you're the one(s) who fucked up.

In my setting Bards are like, magical folk nobles, if that makes sense. Like Magistrates, and wandering judges. Shits oficial if it happens in front of a Bard, because their power comes from their Word, and so if their Word is false, so becomes their power.
(this isn't a hard fact however, more of a general perception. Like how it is entirely possible for there being nuns out there who are total counts)

Therefore they do specialize in mobility and communication. Deception bards are also appreciated, but more in a way of "Literalism" or how the sentence" I did not say I killed that Woman" has different meanings depending on which word you decide to put the emphasis on.
Everyone just takes this side of the Bard and put the onus on you if you had fallen for that one because A) it's expected and B) other people's misery makes the common folk feel better about themselves.

Could you give some specific examples? I'm sorry but everything you are saying is in such broad terms I honestly have no idea what the fuck you are getting at.

My players have taken a portal through to one of the nine hells. Are there any official materials depicting the nine hells? Any inspiration as to designing one?