Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

i-i-iron within edition

>Iron Warriors Legion Focus
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/01/legion-focus-iron-warriors-aug-1gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising Edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

But where does Iron come from?

So Vulkan would be hot and bitter?

I don't know if this has been posted here but enjoy

from the blood of course
which makes them khorne worshipers

Can't you have basilisks AND run with Iron Warriors keyword?

No, Vulkan is warm and cozy.

>genius ancient primarch and his legion outruled by a dimwit dead primarch and his shitty bananas

There was a complete write up in the last thread

>Genius
>Can't even construct a trap right

Hot and BLACKer

Don't forget

One thing has been bugging me, since one of the most common homebrews is to make 40k "alternating activation" (Bolt Action 40k, etc).

How come GW still uses strict IGOUGO anyway, after seeing so many competitors out there? I mean, they made close combat a pseudo-alternate system but everything else is still clunky as fuck.

>iron warriors get shit legion trait
>AND it's just a less useful version of the IF setup
>AND the special stratagem is just IH tactic
>AND their warlord trait is useless except for goddamn cultists
>AND their rules are crappier EC stuff

Lmao, ironlets cucked again.

from honor

>genius
>failed so hard at taking the imperial palace that is cost them the heresy

Fake news/10

TFW you play Iron Warriors and your best bud plays Imperial Fists.

Cover was overrated anyway.

Saving it for 9th edition

>friends with a fist
I'll make sure to destroy your hellforge, you are no son of Perturabo

So what's the max negative Night Lords can realistically get on a unit now? -3?

So say, do 3 casualties. Have 2 units within 6" and maybe Raptors or something. So -6 to morale, most things are leadership 7-8. So...average around 2-3 extra casualties after morale?

Eh, not great.

Mainly I think it's about overall game speed in a system with such a high model count. And melee combat does use alternating activation now.

You would have thought that the Iron Cage would be UM v. WE considering one's space Rome and the other is space Spartacus

Are regular terminators worth it now? They're only 40 points

Well this is fucking wrong already

Don't forget that the Iron Warriors lacked the balls to finish the job.

>The battle should have favoured the treacherous trench-fighters, but the Imperial Fists endured. They countered every ambush and fought their way out of every trap. Rogal Dorn was a colossus who personally turned back attack after attack. Ammunition expended, Brothers fought in half-flooded trenches with combat knives, giving and expecting no quarter. Eventually it became apparent that the Iron Warriors could not finish them. For all their skill and ferocity, the Iron Warriors lacked the faith to make the ultimate sacrifice that victory demanded. While they paused, the Ultramarines intervened; Guilliman had decided that Perturabo's destruction was not worth the loss of Rogal Dorn and had brought his Chapter to drive off the Iron Warriors.

I hope you have tall LOS blocking terrain in your collection.

Friendly reminder that conscripts are still more scared of the commissar's pistol than marines who've spent 10,000 years perfecting the art of being spooky.

Terminators are forever shit

>How come GW still uses strict IGOUGO anyway, after seeing so many competitors out there?

None of their competitors are doing better than them.

>homebrews
99% of them are retarded.
>How come GW still uses strict IGOUGO anyway, after seeing so many competitors out there?
That's like saying MTG is legitimately a competitor to World Series of Poker.

>literally says they weren't finished off because Perty enjoyed Dorns suffering.
>Imperial version of this story claims it's because the IW couldn't kill a bunch of wounded bananas

Uh huh, sure.

Well since FW made it so Warpsmiths / Helwrights cannot repair Hellforged vehicles I am not sure if I even need it anymore.

Have strenght, Iron Warrior.

Shooting Termies are pretty good for teleport assaults. TH/SS Termies are strong in melee, but getting them there can be a bit awkward.

Try to fit Butcher Cannons in for another -2Ld.

And depending if Night Lords must be Markless or not you can grab an Icon of Despair for another -1.

Also depending on new powers, you might be able to build a Witchfire Sorcerer with Warp Gaze + New Power to snipe out Ld boosting characters.

Spawns also reduce by -1

>Overall I find Night Lords one of the most fun new Legion Tactics.

So it's a pretty useless trait :(

>TH/SS Termies are strong in melee, but getting them there can be a bit awkward
Land Raider

Wait, when did that happen?

>We could have totally killed them at any time
>WE JUST DIDN'T OKAY?!

Best boy Bob is impartial and knew that they were going to destroy each other.

Thats why your assault termies are from the best chapter.

You can take a Renegades Battallion which is like 180pts before adding a Basilisk but they wont be Iron Warriors

Don't worry, rumours suggest you can pay 1CP to give one unit the same ability that raven guard and alpha legion have always-on across the whole army.

>TH/SS Termies are strong in melee, but getting them there can be a bit awkward.
>Raven Guard Terminators sneaking up through the Shadows to start the game 9" away.

Is there any reason to spend $60 CAD more on a forgeworld knight instead of just getting a Crusader?

Looking at their forgeworld knights they don't even really look as good as the normal GW knights.

I'm told the Iron Warriors get 6+ FNP now.
Is this correct?

>I could have trusted my "sons" as I called them despite seeing them only as tools and been open with them about my plans and prevent them from becoming resentful as human beings are wont to do
>I JUST DIDN'T OKAY?!

Deep striking is good, at the very least they'll tank half an army's worth of fire before dying OR actually punch something.

What about thinderfire cannons? Seem kinda fun

Bullshit, Fuck you GW, let me have my god damn basilisks

Latest FW FAQ, models with the Machina Malifica rule cannot be repaired , so basically every Hellforged vehicle afaik.

Can I make an effective army of Burna Boyz and Tankbustas? When will I get a Promethium Ork Tanker that extends Flamer ranges and auto explodes when it drops to 0 wounds

A thing I've been liking to do is deep strike termies into cover in rapid fire range of their front line, shoot them up, maybe lose 1-2, then teleport them back to my deployment next turn with a homing beacon. It's really fucking disruptive to suddenly have to deal with these terminators in front of them while the rest of my army moves up.

>flamers
>8th
Nah

Have faith word bearer As a strategem yes

Is there some rule that anything that might be neat or cool for chaos has to be ruined and made unviable so that they get steamrolled by everything? God damn

Only if they spend a command point
>laughingIronHands.jpeg

I wanna remove a head from a model but the glue's being stubborn. Will leaving it outside for an hour or two then tossing it in the freezer overnight help remove the sonuva bitch?

The issue is that assault vehicles no longer exist. So the Termies still have to get out at the start of movement and hoof it there themselves with 5" movement.

The re-rool is indeed nice. Although I'd probably still want shooting Termies in the teleport assult too.

They can do that anyway by teleporting. The RG strat is more useful on Agressors.

I remember old WDs with converted IW Basilisks.
It was a simpler time.

GW confirmed to fucking hate IW so much that they copy and pasted their fucking legion trait from the IF chapter tactic

Sometimes I wonder why I fucking bother with this hobby when the only things GW cares about is giving Marinefags the best and most unique shit.

What was the Dark Angels big secret again?

Well of course the battle was self destructive, its not like either the IW or IF got any bonuses from cover

Shit was probably like one of those 17th century battles where both sides would just take it in turn blasting each other in the face

They were bad enough that GW buffed them between the index and the codex. I'm still sceptical.

Nope, unless you're fighting a monster mash, in which case the Atropos is funny as hell.

The Styrix is *okay* as the hits like a truck and potentially gets even more shots, and the castigator can fuck up shit with his gear, but generally no.

Styrix is the only worthwhile one, though I love the look of them all. Mageara is just pathetic

>Fleshmetal Exoskeleton is back with a 2+ and auto-heal per turn for DPs
Fear my erection, for it is iron.

I remember when WD wasn't basically an expensive monthly catalogue of the latest GW products.

You must be old as fuck then

>IW and IF both autists about sieges
>But their special rule should be different to reflect that they're the same shit in different colours.

Have you tried being friends with it first?

Hi, welcome to 40k, please refer to the receptionist and she will point you to the correct complaints department, Green Cucks, Pointy Cucks, Tranny Cucks.....

Chadmarines have really gown on me, I'm sort of tempted to pick up the loyalist half of Dark Imperium now

I lost 7 tons in a month with this one weird trick a Catachan housewife found that the Ecclesiarchy don't want you to know.

It didn't start to shift that way until the mid 90's. Usually the first few pages were HERE'S THE NEW STUFF ISN'T IT COOL and the preceding pages were FUCK YEAH HOBBY

They're super gay.

Thanks user.

Who rocks Butcher Cannons? FW Dreads only?

Admittedly, that's pretty cool
Chaos Lords and Daemon Princes are great for us now.

But what's the sauce with those double dudes

They show conversions and such all the time since they switched back to monthly from the shitty weekly version. The recurring Blanchistsu feature for example.

It's not hate. Hate implies caring in some way. It's pure and simple laziness/apathy

Didn't X-Wing report better results than 40k recently, or is there more numbers/behind the scenes stuff at play there?

The Rock.

That's litteraly what current WD is.
Conversions, painting tips, batreps, all of it.

Yes

So last night I made a post debating what I should start with (WE, WB, EC, DE, or orks). Thanks for the replies. If the whole NPC thing is just a tg meme (idk, someone said it to me in the store), then I don't mind it much. I'm pretty sure I don't want to paint a hoard of orks, and I dont think I can afford FW world eaters.
The only thing keeping me from going WB over EC is that I don't know how they'll play yet, and I don't understand the concept of chaos undivided. How do they receive favor? Are some of their dudes all nurgle-ish while others are slaaneshi?
Dark eldar are also still on the table. I just don't know too much about them.

Of course X Wing will do better, normies Fucking love star memes.

Can someone post that cool tutorial on painting Alpha Legion armor with thin layers above a metalic primer ? Saw it a while ago and forget to save it

Just wait for the CSM codex to find its way to the MEGA. Make your legion choice then.

I have over 8k points of Orks, and no Trukks. Post looted counts as Trukks??

The reports your reffering to is only 3rd party sales in NA (which is a small part of GW sales, while 3rd part sales are the vast majority of xwing sales) and is also a couple years old now.

Indeed, dubsman. I play Thousand Sons mainly so seeing the bonus tzeentch power is pretty nice there.

Yesterday's power had Mark of Slaanesh on it too, I'm willing to bet the marks now just give you a power to use if they're psykers, with maybe Khorne's being an ability.

Better results as in what?

X-Wing had better sales in NA from independent stores. GW does most of it's business through its own stores.
X-Wing also has Star Wars brand power in a time where Star Wars is being heavily marketed for the new movies.

You know, that doesn't look half bad

It is a meme. But anyone who tells you Space Marines aren't favored on the release schedule and in the fluff overall is fucking lying to you.

You kidding? It's just baby carrier 2.0, its far too thin

That helmet on the right one is cute

At least now it doesn't look like the chadnought skipped leg day

FUCKING CAPTCHA STOP CRASHING AND FORCING ME TO RELOAD MY SHIT

Horus heresy was able to pull this off pretty well

>IF get BS 5 with bolter weapons and stubborn when in forts, get proto crusaders and special breachers for defending positions
>IW get immunity to morale from shooting, BS 5 tankhunter Havoks that give -1 to enemy cover saves and terminator squads all with missile launchers
>IF RoWs are about getting super tough infantry or launching coid boarding assaults
>IW RoWs are about using a combined arms force with lots of expendable dudes who storm positions or bombing the hell outta the other guy

These aren't perfect or necessarily play out amazingly on the TT, but they're fluffy and thematic and represent different aspects of the same subset of grinding attritional warfare

Yup.
Looks like any Chaos Dread variant may take a Butcher Cannon weapon