You can cast instants during your opponent's draw step, after they draw

>You can cast instants during your opponent's draw step, after they draw

For 1 mana my opponent sits an entire turn out? Why did they make this.

You can also cast it during upkeep before they draw
And no one plays that card since it's not very good

heyyyyyy

that card is kinda good, if you have the board on your side. The trick is, of course, get to that point.

It feels kinda like a budget extra turn card.

Also classic Reynolds art. Good use of light source to highlight the distorted facial features.

Opponent can still activate on cards already cast and attack as normal. The only people who would have to sit out a turn due to this card are those playing 0 creature burn decks.

That said, this is pretty busted for 1 mana.

It turns the game into literal fucking solitaire. Why does no one run it?

Since they can still play lands, activate abilities, and attack, all that card does is be a momentarily delay at the cost of card advantage. It's only really nasty when it's put on something like isochron sceptre.

Eggs runs it before they blow their load.

The decks that run it use it to make a single turn free of disruption. Those decks are rare because they are non blue combo decks that also use laands for mana. Theres also a strictly better version of the card though so that my be part of it.

Some combo decks do run it in the sideboard as an insurance so that counterspell decks can't interfere with them the turn they go off. Using the card any other way simply isn't good.

>doesn't affect the creatures
>opponent still draws the card
>opponent still plays the land for the turn
>net card disadvantage
It's only good to dodge counterspells in combo

Creatures are Spells

Doesnt kill the ones they already have, and casting it early to stop their early stuff means your curve is thrown off as well, except now youre down a card.

Creature cards on the stack are creature spells.
At no other point is any creature game object a spell.

Their existing creatures are free to attack and use abilities.

Not on the battlefield

Because cheap counterspells exist, as do activated abilities.

They can still cast instants in response to silence.
They still draw for turn and get combat so as an "extra turn spell" you're down a card instead of up a card and you're also not up on your clock either.

That said it's still an decent card but using to stop somebody's turn isn't that great unless you have them dead on board and you need to stop a sorcery speed wrath for instance, it's better to use it on your turn before casting key combo pieces

I've always wondered if this would be worth running in aggro lists as a pseudo timewarp effect to buy you the turn you need to finish your opponent. I mean when you're ahead on the board this card keeps it that way.

It doesn't turn the game around if you're already losing. One W mana would be better spent on a Path or Pithing needle if you need 1 mana disruption.

They made it to be paired with pic related.

Couldn't you play Silence (or Orim's Chant) in the middle of a storm deck trying to go off to bust the combo in half? Like playing it in response to a Past In Flames or a mana-generation spell?

If they can't play another card in response, yes. Silence or Orim's Chant goes on the top of the stack and will resolve before their spell.

At that point a counterspell would have the same effect and would be more versatile. As for a Wx aggro list, maybe it could go in the sideboard but it's an extremely narrow card (only good vs storm) and you already have some good on color options (Rest in peace, Leyline of sanctity).

It's also unlikely a competent storm pilot would not have molested your hand prior to going off.

>strictly

Orim's chant targets whereas silence does not.

No, you moron. Creature cards on stack are spells. They are creature spells, but they are spells. If I swinged with xantid, you can't flash a creature, because it's a fucking spell. Everything you play, besides lands are fucking spells.

>Implying I can't play Dryad Arbor

...for one turn...

It's pretty nice if you want to try to slow things down or to stop your opponent from doing stuff on your turn.

Esper Storm plays it in legacy sometimes. Prevents an inconvenient Force of Will showing up and disrupting your combo.

Assuming you're not playing multiplayer, Orim's Chant has is more useful. If you play multiplayer, then yes, Silence is better.

>...for one turn...
Yeah, you only need one turn without being countered to blow a load.

>If I swinged with xantid, you can't flash a creature
Yes you could while the xantid trigger was still on the stack
Besides user is correct. Cards are spells while on the stack, but after they resolve they become permanents. That's the reason you can't Commandeer your opponent's artifacts/enchantments/planeswalkers that are already on the battlefield.

I think what meant is that Silence goes around effects preventing you from targeting (like white Leyline) or some counterspells (like Misdirection).
Orim's chant has the big advantage that it can have a second effect, but a small disadvantage, so it's not *strictly* better.

ftfy

Can you imprint kicker?

Yeah, kicker is paid as you cast the spell. Isocron scepter copies the spell then lets you cast it for free.

When you cast it with Isochron you just need to pay the extra W to being able to do it.

>Stealing a PW with this

Thanks, after I posted I figured that's how it works, but I wasn't sure.