Reaper Bones

kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure/description

Kickstarter just went live. 100k plus already

Other urls found in this thread:

bitsaddiction.blogspot.com/2017/07/treating-reaper-bones-minis.html
youtube.com/watch?v=glnzq5y2JmI&t=67s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eh. My Bones 1 set is still lost somewhere in my painting queue, if I need one I'll just grab some at retail in a decade or so.

>15 minutes
>$155.000

what the fuck

Same, but I'm addicted. I can't help myself

I got there in the first two movies and they're already got 70k

I want to get off Reaper Bones wild ride

Quarter million in the fist hour!
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

For you reaper employees spamming the board with your shitty plastic minis kickstarter:

buy a Veeky Forums ad. This website is not free ad-space

Damn, I already own the villagers in metal.

Oh well. I can paint these as ghosts.

What employees?
Backers shill it for more free stuff.

I did with Bones 3. We had Reaper General going the whole month.

Mal Drakkar is best girl.

Kind of disappointed so far honest. Not even to half a million, and the goals are already 50K apart.

Yeah The Villager models are what I'm most excited for there's a surprising dearth of normal looking people and every day folk in miniature form.

>MFW there's no difference between the $1 and $100 pledges.

Well that was an easily-grabbed Wave 1 slot.

Eh, I've got like 2000 minis in my queue anyway. Ask me about spending too much on Infinity instead.
It's cheap they said, 10 models is enough to play they said.

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

Fug. I feel like i've been duped.

I think they want less bonuses since the ludicrous amount of stuff unlocked in 3 added a year and a half to delivery.

Thank you for pointing that out. I just got in with 42 slots left.

you sir are a gentlemen and a scholar

They could always add stuff like colours or cases.

Well, I'm signed up to Kickstarter. So much for laughing at people who Kickstarter things

Reaper has proven themselves reliable. They usually don't deliver on time, but they deliver.

Is there really a market for those dice miniatures?

kickstarter is a glorified preorder tool. sometimes its worth it to get things for cheap, especially if it's from someone who has had a decent track record. But sometimes its completely stupid, like depending on who is running the project (like palladium) or their track record of failing to fulfill.

painters who have too much free space on their mini shelf

>I think they want less bonuses since the ludicrous amount of stuff unlocked in 3 added a year and a half to delivery.

Was it even that much? I actually backed out of 3 because I was pretty disappointed with the offering.

Maybe I was spoiled by Bones 1

I remember with three the end consensus on the Reaper threads here seemed to be "Great, but not as good as 1, because 1 was insane"

>1 was insane
and I loved it.

Wait, they are out of $1 pledges for north america. If I just want one of the optional packs, am I just fucked? I don't want to do the $100 pledge

Same. I miss the madness.

I haven't backed a Bones kickstarter since 1

This seems like a pretty piss-poor offering for the price. I got like double this for Bones 1

CUBES OF TZEENTCH

You got no gargantuan dragon. Or a pig pulling a cart full of pumpkins. And no wizard throwing a molotov cocktail.

Kickstarters not over yet.
I'm in for $100, I can always pull out if it seems like it's not worth it in another 32 days.

>pig pulling a cart full of pumpkins
Definitely my favorite model so far.

They'll probably add more for later shipment waves later.

They look like they would be good decorations for a cash register at a FLGS.

Same. Then greybeards.

I really want a nice new monster. Maybe a slime, or squid people.

That's a valid point, but wouldn't metal or resin work just as well?

>Fire Giant
>Not Frost Giant masterrace

Probably, but would anyone want to pay more than Bones price for them?

Bones they'd be like $10, resin $20, metal maybe $30.

Has the quality of the plastic they used improved at all? After buying a bunch of Bones I fell outta love with them real fast because of how soft and easily warped the plastic was. I get the idea for them, but for the quality, I'd rather just pay extra for better quality or metal minis.

The softness is why its cheap, the cheapness is the point of it.

You gotta use a blowdryer to straighten them.

It's more or less the same, and I don't mind especially with the variety and price of them

>bitsaddiction.blogspot.com/2017/07/treating-reaper-bones-minis.html

That was kind of a bonus for me. They're soft, but also basically indestructible..

The $1 gets you nothing unless you pay for it. You have been duped.

No shit, dumbass. It's for those of us that are just waiting to see what kind of unlocks are there, then we pick and choose.

The plastic is the best part. Doesn't need to be primed, and never breaks. Just occasional paint chipping, which you get with normal plastic anyways.

You pledge a dollar. Then when they open up the pledge manager after the kickstarter finished, you can opt in for the full $100 pledge, still considered wave 1. This is not a new practice.

I am in $1 so when an optional upgrade comes up that I want, I can increase my pledge, and still be in wave 1.

You can't get the core set with the $1 slot. And OP said theres not difference between $1 and $100, which there clearly is. You can just pick and choose from the few $10 add ons, which you could already do with the $100 pledge.

It's a bit weirder than the previous ones.

Jokes on you. I missed wave 1 for the 100 pledge, so I did the $1 pledge and put in $100. Then when the pledge manager opens after the kickstarter, I just opt in for the $100 deal and am still considered wave 1.

It's what I did with bones 3

Pledge $100 on the $1 pledge and we all get more free stuff, you freeloaders.

We need a new Sophie and Mr. or Mrs. Bones for this.

Know what I want to see? A "totally not Fingolfin and Morgoth" set.

DAAAAMN!

Bad reading comprehension user just fucked a shitload of you out of a few months of painting!

That shit is sum karma, right there!

The pledge managers open now dumbass.

You were. Bones 3 despite clearly being the worst Bones kickstarter was still a good deal.

reaper always opens up for late pledges after the kickstarter completes. you can switch your wave 1 $1 pledge to the core pledge then

>always opens up for late pledges after the kickstarter complete
Directly from the kickstarter
> If you confirm your pledge late some items may not still be available. This means that part, if not all, of your rewards may not be available and/or your pledge may be forfeit.

I wanna know where I can buy a Sir Forscale

He's like two buckaroonies on Reaper's site, search Sir Forscale or Garrick the Bold

youtube.com/watch?v=glnzq5y2JmI&t=67s

Thanks m8.

I'd love to see a decent looking Rakshasa unpainted model. The only good one I've been able to find is from the Crown of Fangs boosters with Pathfinder, and I was lucky enough to pull one earlier this month.

It'd be nice to paint another variation of the Rakshasa, like a white tiger or panther.

People already complaining about lack of gender equality day one of the kickstarter.

>People already complaining about lack of gender equality day one of the kickstarter.
kek
Link?

>buy into bones 1 big time
>buy into bones 2 big time
>see bones 3 and WANT to buy into it but decide i have so many bones minis ill never use and i havent painted a single one.
>see bones CAV and REALLY want to get it
>tell myself if i can pint up some bone sill do it.
>try to paint them
>paint rubs off very easily
>try priming and same issue
>try washing before priming and same issue
>try every bit of advice i can find on how to get paint to not flake off by looking at it wrong and nothing works

Yeah i dont think ill be buying any more bones any time soon.

Just go to the comments section of the kickstarter. Normal people are point out defaulting dragons and goblins as males to make it seem like there's less females is stupid but reapers just sucking feminist dick on the issue.

What paint did you use? I never had this issue, so I'm curious whats causing it.

I support female goblins and other humanoids, but how do they know the dragons aren't female?

I feel like their shit disturbing, especially since bones often has a lot of female models.

I use mostly Vellejo but have a bit of GW, P3 and army painter.

tried a few brands of spray pint as primer. Krylon, rustolium and walmart brand i want to say. maybe a few others.

did you just assume the gender of all those goblins and knights?

I just think female monsterous humanoids are rare, and I'd love to see more. Though for dwarves/elves/etc. yeah, they've been pretty good for female minis.

No, I observed the sex of them.

That's strange.

I don't even have to prime, just a quick hand scrub under hot water then air drying.

I did GW paints with my bones and it worked out fine. Do you touch your models much? I use a device to hold them while painting and then use a matte coat to protect it. If washed the models in soap, and primed it, there shouldn't be any issue. Are your hands made of acid?

Same even cheap Walmart paint worked fine.
>Captcha: walk Walmart

Oh, this is good advice for that user.
Skin oil lubes up Bones pretty badly.

Wear some nitrile while painting. You should for painting everything, but its crucial for Bones.

I like the bottom row, but that's it.

Eh, I've been a Bones fan for a bit, could have caught Bones 3 but got put off by UK postage and wait time. I'll probably just wait till something catches my eye and buy a few blisters, they're cheap enough at £2-3 or £7 for a Giant. I have no need for 20 different paladins or whatever.

In the UK it seems like only Bones 1+2 items are available from eBay/webstores but I've got enough to paint, so I can wait. Though I did make sure to buy pic related because they've resculpted the Fire Giants bigger and I prefer this one.

I completely missed Bones 3, which ticks me off because I would have totally gone in for that Vicky minis collaboration artillery piece.

Hope they do something like that again.

The Dinos seem fun

Stay tuned, that showed up late in the campaign.

The High Rollers are a funny concept and I like it.

>Not liking Mars Attacks!
ack aack AAACK

The artillery piece is a goddamn fucking piece of shit since they DIDN'T BOTHER TO INCLUDE FUCKING INSTRUCTIONS

Too tall.

> anatommically correct lava doggo

Oh I have those. Let me dig them up...

1) GIT
2) GUD

There. Now RTFM.

All dem fukken pulp sci fi minis

This will do great for my Victorian Sci Fi campaign.

Wasn't the idea of Kickstarter to provide an initial launching-off point for a small company that could then use the profits to fund further development, as opposed being an indefinite business model?

Putting the rock in red rocket.

They're using it to gain capital for new injection molds. Which are expensive things
The orignal bones was about them trying to get a new product line off the ground, but since it did so well, they did it again, and now it's become a semi regular thing.

Also note that the injection molds are all so they can make these things right there in the state of Texas. The bones 1 had to have part of its order sent to china because they didnt have enough molds and machines to fulfill the order. Bones 2 was meant to get to capacity to be able to handle a kickstarter sized order. Then they found that from the kickstarters alone they got the money for molds rather than rely on store bones sales to expand the line. It just works really well for them. Without the KS they would have to wait much much longer before making a mold.

They do that on a lot of kickstarters, They are probably $1 backers just so they can shitpost. I'm pretty sure that's why there was a unicorn in Massive Darkness at the end. Fuckin liberal sjws.
According to the front page you don't even have to spend the $100 on a core set. So I bet even backing at the $1 level with $100 you could still grab the core. Bones 3 I didn't even get the core just a few add-ons. I wish CMoN would do this.

>I'm pretty sure that's why there was a unicorn in Massive Darkness at the end.
Is that why it has almost no detail compared to all the other minis?

Nice effect on the sword. Is that a crackle paint?

I haven't seen it yet. Did you get your copy already?

Welp, there goes my hope of not having a backlog. Not as generous as Bones 3, yet.

Nigga do you even miniature painting? That's painted detail.