Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1649: Overlord is Perfect Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

First for recant your evil ways and powerwanking.

Have you already ordered your waifutron /jc/?

Post Overlord builds and talk about your custom NPCs.

>that post
Ah, it all makes sense now. Put your trip back on, Red.

Sounds pretty evil.

Time for your inspirational qoute of the day, jumpers!

>Dirge's jump does have the beginnings of Mako
Brutus's FFX jump is the only one that uses it. Dirge's FFX jump doesn't have it and neither does FFXanon's jump. You're mixing up the jumpmakers.

Anomaly would certainly mean you'd gain power as a King quicker, but it'd also mean your feeling those bad things more too as a consequence.

I don't really feel that way. It's a 1 Up perk, things that are almost always 600 anyway, but with added functionality of being usable on others. It's also repeatedly described in setting as being a literal miracle that it happened with how impossible, so in setting it's high cost too.

>it'd also mean your feeling those bad things more too as a consequence.
Could you still draw power from it if you had the relevant protections?

I'll probably need to ask this next thread too, but get ready for the most vague perk description ever!! I remember there being a perk that sort of makes items/vehicles/whatever into the same "style" as the jump your in now. Then there was a description about some regular mech thing being a giant skeleton mech thing. I'm well aware this is pretty vague, but any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

---Jump Number: 26
---Title: Overlord
---Starting Location: Re-Estrize
> Rolled 3 on a 1d8, got Re-Estrize.

> Rolled 1, 3, and 5 on 3d8, added 10.

---Background: Free - Local, Drop In
---Race: -300 Choice Points - Fallen Angel

---Drawbacks: +600 Choice Points
> +100 Choice Points - Smug Prick
> +200 Choice Points - Embroiled in Politics
> +300 Choice Points - Rival Player

---Perks: 1300
> -100 Choice Points - Friends with the Devil
> -600 Choice Points - Level One Hundred
> Free from Background - Bestiary Knowledge
> Free from Background - Identify Talents
> Free from Background - Omnidextrous
> Free from Background - Realm of Heroes
> Free from Background - Rogue
> Discounted from Background, -50 Choice Points - Ranger
> Discounted from Background, -50 Choice Points - Sourcerous Swordsman
> Discounted from Background, -100 Choice Points - Skillful and Resourceful
> Discounted from Background, -200 Choice Points - Skillful Acquisitions

---Items: 200 Choice Points, with 200 additional Choice Points to spend exclusively on Items.
> Discounted, -400 Choice Points - The Anklets of Solundrum

---Scenario: Peer of the Sorcerous Kingdom
Reward: 300 Choice Points, Royal Crest
> Discounted from Background, -300 Choice Points - Unified Focus

---Ending: Onto the next jump

don't need it, I'm monogamous. also, it's pretty evil. So even if I wasn't I Wouldn't want one.

Cool, thanks.

I suppose. I guess I'm just used to thinking of those as items instead of perks but sure.

What if my waifu is Cell/Alita/AM, and he/she/it absorbs waifutron first?

Jumpers!

Tell me about your macroscale projects.
Not the important ones, not the spaceships/buildings/giant monsters, the ones you do for a lark.
Like giant statues, continent-sized messages, etc.

That's what gem fusion is for.

Would depend on what the protections were. If it was a perk that just stopped you feeling emotions then no, because feeling strongly is what gives you power. If it was one that let you retain the benefits of strong emotions without them controlling you, yes.

I don't know if it's inspirational or not, but it is nice.

>Cell/Alita/AM
Who?

Wait, is this from InspiroBot? Because that's actually pretty good.

>Cell

2nd BBEG of Dragonball Z

>Alita

Main character of GUNNM

>AM

We don't have a jump it's in, so nevermind

If we just stop channeling the emotion part would we lose all the power we got from King at that point?

Are we talking about King or Anomaly? Because I was more meaning to ask about resistance to "corruption" allowing you to benefit from King.

I've actually seen a lot of inspirobot quotes that are actually inspiring.

Then there are these.

Worm update when?

Devil May Cry update when?

Infernals update when?

Exalted Fair Folk when?

Bane jump when?

Pandora Hearts jump when?

Exalted Abyssals jump when?

When you pay for them to be made.

Vore and waifus don't mix.

I'm going to add a few more scenarios to this document (Mainly with curing the dragons being mindless/solving fertility, a kingdom rebuilding scenario, and also a War of the First Exalt one with Grima as well), but it's jumpable and you guys have waited long enough.

Well, I don't think you could really stop. You're drawing it into yourself, not opening a channel to another person. Once it's in, it's in, unless you expel those bad feelings.

Both apply. Resistance to corruption...dunno. I think it'd be something of the same really, where unless it was a specific kind of resistance that allowed you to still benefit (And counted having a lot of bad feelings as corruption in the first place) it'd just leave you not gaining any benefit.

So is GDrive not working for anyone else or just me?

YOU WILL NEVER BE THE JUMPER
Your interest in JumpChain is appreciated, but we regretfully inform you the Benefactor has filled all available Jumper positions.

HOWEVER, In recognition of your contributions to the effort, either through making a jump, or offering constructive commentary that affected the a Jump Documents final from, granting the Benefactor some measure of entertainment in the process, we were pleased to offer you this complimentary GIFT PACKAGE, consisting of promotional COSMIC WAREHOUSE DOORPLATE* & VOUCHER BOOKLET with (6) numbered Premium Vouchers, six (6) numbered Platinum Vouchers, & six (6) numbered Entertainment Subsidized Vouchers. Each good for all freebies** from a jump document of your choice along with an additional benefit.

Premium Vouchers can be redeemed for all freebies in a Jump of choice, as well as
1. One PERK valued 50 CP or less
2. One PERK valued 100 CP or less
3. One PERK valued 200 CP or less
4. One PERK valued 300 CP or less
5. One PERK valued 400 CP or less
6. One PERK valued 600 CP or less

Platinum Vouchers can be redeemed for all freebies in a Jump of choice, as well as
1. One ITEM valued 50 CP or less
2. One ITEM valued 100 CP or less
3. One ITEM valued 200 CP or less
4. One ITEM valued 300 CP or less
5. One ITEM valued 400 CP or less
6. One ITEM valued 600 CP or less

Entertainment Subsidized Vouchers can be redeemed for all freebies in a Jump of choice, but requires you to take
1. One DRAWBACK valued 0 CP or more
2. One DRAWBACK valued 50 CP or more
3. One DRAWBACK valued 100 CP or more
4. One DRAWBACK valued 150 CP or more
5. One DRAWBACK valued 200 CP or more
6. One DRAWBACK valued 300 CP or more

Just you.

Yeah, there are occasionally good ones.

I carved my dick on the moon in X-Com

TERMS & CONDITIONS
Jump of choice includes Gauntlets, and the combined Pokemon Trainer, Warehouse Supplement, & Infamous counts as one jump.
Backgrounds, Origins, & Races all count as PERKS
Vehicles, Pets, & Companions count as ITEMS

*COSMIC WAREHOUSE DOORPLATE is a 1 inch by 6 inch engraved plate inscribed with Cosmic Warehouse that when placed on a door makes it indestructible, and open into the warehouse. No lock is required. Only you may place or remove the plate. You may also pull the plate from any available pocket at will. The warehouse is as per the warehouse supplement.

**Using a Voucher on a Jump allows you to make choices in that jump as if you were taking the jump with 0 Starting CP, in addition to the redemption offered by that specific voucher.

DRAWBACKS set initial conditions once all selections have been made, with all ongoing enforcement waived. The Benefactor will not respawn or protect returning opponents, initial attitudes can be changed, handicaps can be overcome. Scaling opponents have a fixed power determined at the time in the selection process you take the drawback. They are NOT fiat backed, but will also not be removed or fixed by the Benefactor after ten years. You are NOT the Jumper user; the Jump never ends.

So, this line is more "must affect you to actually do anything" than "can affect you if you don't resist it"?

>Be aware that, while you will always be able to distinguish your Darkness from that of any other, the Darkness you take in will still be able to affect you if you do not resist it.

>Using a Voucher on a Jump allows you to make choices in that jump as if you were taking the jump with 0 Starting CP
I pick the Exalted jumps.

I win.

Cool, more Fire Emblem. Taking a look now.

Well, no. That's more talking about the fact that it can change you if you're not resisting the emotions it's bringing in. Like how you can control yourself even when you're feeling anger instead of just flying into a rage and lashing out at the first annoyance.You're able to tell what feelings are truly yours and what are taken from others, but the stuff you take from others is still there in you like your normal feelings.

If it's totally blocked from you without letting the benefits fit through, there's no reason it'd empower you. If the strength of emotions are what gives you power and you just don't feel emotional strength, why would you get power?

>I pick the Exalted jumps.
While perfectly valid, please note that the Great Curse will not be removed once the jump ends, because you are not a jumper.

So you might want to deal with that with some other method.

Worth it.

I don't understand how it forcibly making you feel certain emotions isn't, by definition, "changing you" already.

Because it's a tangible force that can be harvested and stockpiled?

Another Sekai Oni question: How was the King's cube made? Is it the pinnacle of Chesire science, or did he just wish it into existence one day? Does it store magical energy, or drain it from somewhere?

Thanks for answering all these questions btw

I choose forgotten realms wizard class

Feeling an emotion doesn't mean you have to follow that emotion. Like I said in that example, just because you're angry at something doesn't mean you'll act on that anger, even though you feel it. The emotions you absorb are things you'll feel but you don't need to follow them and with enough will, you can push them away.

And it only acts as an actual force because it becomes emotions you can feel. If it didn't, you'd just be uselessly piling up something you cannot use and has no benefit or disadvantage. It'd just be a thing. Not really exclusive of each other either. Also not really tangible.

We never get told. It only appears in a few scenes and we get almost no detail on how the normal ones are made anyway. It's probably a combo of Cheshire tech and Alice power but beyond that we just don't really get any detail.

np.

Go Solar and get the Drop-In capstone or go to Infernals and become a Devil-Tiger.

So you stack vouchers into a single jump to get more CP! Or am I misunderstanding?

So what happened to leaving last thread's drama in last thread?

So, wait. Do these respect discounts, or is it base point values?

So I can take drawbacks for extra CP in my chosen jumps?

According to the servant supplement, supporting shamanism reduced the ranks of all foe parameters by one at C.

What does it do at A? Three? Because that's a hell of a nerf.

IMPORTANT WARNINGS & CAUTIONS
Each Voucher can be used on a different jump, but take care when switching from one jump to another, and use the NEXT JUMP option. Choosing to GO HOME or STAY permanently ends the jump selection process. GO HOME returning you here, and STAY leaving you in the last jump you made selections from.

Please use all Vouchers you intend to redeem on a specific jump at the same time. Once you choose NEXT JUMP, returning to a previously chosen jump is possible and allows you to select freebies and make other choices twice but disables the GO HOME or NEXT JUMP options permanently, forcing you to STAY.

(Any special rewards from taking the GO HOME or STAY options are awarded as normal)

Do refilling items still (e.g. refilling potion flask, infinite ammo box, summonable full water bottle) refill?
Do companions count as items?
Are discounts included, and if so are we restricted to Drop-In and Human origins?
Are race options counting as perks, or freebies, and if so does that mean alt-forms are a thing?

...O-kay. Sure, let's go with that.

Yeah, that makes sense. Conceded on that point.

wait, so we're actually spending time in these jumps?

Eh, why not. Thread needs more builds, stories, and constructive bullshit between sessions of drama.

>OverLord - 569
Race: Human (Local)
Origin: Magic Caster
Scenario: Peer of the Sorcerous Kingdom
Drawbacks: Rival Guild (+600)
Final Point Count: 1,600 CP

Perks:
-The Realm of Heroes (Free)
-Innate Talent - Magic Learning Affinity (Free)
-Innate Talent - Alchemist (Free)
-Innate Talent - Enhanced Summoning (Free)
-Class Skills - Divine Caster (Free)
-Class Skills - Arcane Caster
-Class Skills - Spiritualist
-Innate Talent - Use Any Magic Item
-Level One Hundred
-Specific Specialization - Summoning
-Dark Wisdom
-The Abyss of Magic

Treasures & Companions: (+200 Item-Only CP + 1 Discount)
-Alchemist’s Laboratory (Free)
-The Ring of Elru (-200 Item-Only CP & Discount)

I use Platinum Voucher 5 to acquire Phrye, the Third Eye Pyramid from Lunars, alongside the Lunar Exaltation.

I use Platinum Voucher 6 to acquire Qlithu-Sohkth from Sidereals, alongside the Sidereal Exaltation.

I use Premium Voucher 3 to become a Demon from Dragon Ball AF, acquiring the potential to use Ki as well.

I use Platinum Voucher 4 to acquire the Devoted Host from Sword & Sorcery, then use Platinum Voucher 3 to import them into Infernals as my Akuma. Whether the rules of power distribution concerning them turns them into Lunar Half-Caste or good old Mortals is of little importance. I also use Premium Vouchers 4 and 5 to acquire both Descending Hierarchy and Heart and Soul from Infernals, alongside the Infernal Exaltation.

I use Premium Voucher 6 to acquire Heart of the Sun from Solars, alongside the Solar Exaltation.

...So, basically Bah, I can't be bothered to think of any more choices for something that isn't even a real Chain.

You can only go to settings you made jumps for, how screwed are you?

F.A.Q.'s & CLARIFICATIONS

Premium & Platimum Vouchers no not award CP at all, they give a valid PERK or ITEM, bypassing CP entirely
(But If a qualifying PERK or ITEM would be discounted to you, you may use its discounted value for redemption purposes)

taking a free or 50 CP perk with the 6th Premium Voucher would use the voucher, there would be no CP refund.

>So I can take drawbacks for extra CP in my chosen jumps?
Yes, once you have used a voucher, the jump text operates as normal, except you receive ZERO starting CP. Taking Drawbacks (within the jump limits) is allowed, but note that they are NOT ever automatically removed. Fiat enforcement is void, but YOU will need to resolve them yourself.

Once the selection and Voucher Redemption process ends, they will ALL be applied at once to you.

Oh look, one of those that'll only go "well Val wins everything GG chain over."

Do we do them in any particular order, or can we do them in whatever order we want?

>only made one jump
Should be fine

Has thread always been this much of a spiteful crab bucket towards anyone who contributed anything meaningful or has it just been a bad year for you crybabies?

Not... too bad?

Depends on your definition of 'screwed'

Well, I can go Super Saiyan at least

Collaborative jumps count for everyone in the credits, right?

I'd say it'd increase it by two or a bit below two, since it takes C rank just for one.

Pretty good I guess. That's what I eventually intend to do a chain in anyway.

>Bloody Roar
>Starcraft: Zerg
>Terra Formars
>Killing Bites
>Clustertruck
>Van Helsing

Wait.
What's that sound?

Oh right, my _IMPENDING DEMISE_.

Tell that to NuBee.

Considering your lewd jumps are all soulless powergrabs, you'll probably be fine.

Um, increasing one by two is three? Or did you mean that Supporting Shamanism at A would reduce by two ranks?

How many +'s to get to three/four?

>Terra Formars
Speaking of

Hey, when the fuck is Rose going to get around to replacing the trash for a TF jump we have on the drive?

>wait, so we're actually spending time in these jumps?
No. You are just receiving some of the PERKS and ITEMS and actual Jumper would, Unless you choose STAY, which would place you in the jump you choose to say at, but not for ten years, forever unless you took some multiversal travel ability.

>Do refilling items still (e.g. refilling potion flask, infinite ammo box, summonable full water bottle) refill?
All Items received give full benefits such restoration from loss or destruction, including Infinite Ammo etc if the item included that feature

>Do companions count as items?
Yes
>Are discounts included, and if so are we restricted to Drop-In and Human origins?
If you take a Origin from a jump, either by taking it as a freebie or with a PERK Voucher, it gives free freebies and discounts as normal. Including memories if you wish, but unless you chose STAY, they will be fabrications since you were never actually inserted into the previous jumps.
>Are race options counting as perks, or freebies, and if so does that mean alt-forms are a thing?
Races are PERKS, and can be takes as freebies,
Alt-forms can be collected, yes.

I haven't picked which Jump to do it in yet but I want to spend an entire Jump covering people's beards with glitter.

No particular reason why, I just want to.

Build I have no fucking clue. Custom NPC's, I actually imported my Samus trio. Samus, Dark Samus, and SAX.

Was the Watchmen jump ever accepted? I remember it looked finished but can't find it on the drive.

When you grow a dick and fuck your own asshole.

Ah. I mean that since it took three ranks (E-C) to get one rank debuff, just adding two more might not get you even one more rank of debuff. So it'd probably be more like 1 2/3rds at A rank and 2 rank debuff at A+. 3 rank debuff would be at A+++ and EX would be your 4 and a bit debuff.

Hey, in Sailor Moon, if the Moon has a Star Seed, I have to ask; does the Sun? Because that would be terrifying.

She claimed it and Little Witch Academia long before doing anything with Bastard.

Cool. No way I can afford a third EX, but cool.

So, A+. ...And I need to find space for 100 more cp in my build. Lovely.

"Replacing the trash" automatically and retroactively invalidates anything you want, unless it's a self induced assfucking retard.

So the symbiotes in Symbiote, do they generate heat from using their abilities simply because humans are mammals, or is waste heat generated by the symbiote itself?
Or is it some combination of the two?

Read the fucking jump and you'll see what I mean, asshole. This thing should've been rejected on arrival.

Waste heat from doing computer things.

Probably waste heat--thermal energy seems to be one of the easiest to generate as a byproduct.

>all freebies in a Jump of choice

world of cultivation

>1. One PERK valued 50 CP or less

a good catch

>2. One PERK valued 100 CP or less

slithering escape

>3. One PERK valued 200 CP or less

Children of the Atom: A dissonant [MELODY]-200

>4. One PERK valued 300 CP or less

healing factor

>5. One PERK valued 400 CP or less

Cultivation by Leaps and Bounds

>6. One PERK valued 600 CP or less

Doctor of Anatomy

>Platinum Vouchers can be redeemed for all freebies in a Jump of choice, as well as

Jump of choice supreme commander

>1. One ITEM valued 50 CP or less

Valkyrie Core & Frame

>2. One ITEM valued 100 CP or less

Neuralyzer

>3. One ITEM valued 200 CP or less

Adaptanator

>4. One ITEM valued 300 CP or less

the Hercules method texts

>5. One ITEM valued 400 CP or less

Bio-Injector

>6. One ITEM valued 600 CP or less

Aeon Experimental Resource Generator

Not screwed at all. Plenty of low risk jumps to work off of before I get to the more dangerous places.

I have read the fucking jump, silly billy. And we both know you're never getting what you want no matter how hard you bawl.

le ebin troll just got le tables le turned ;)

I shall springboard you.

Between Arcueid, Kaguya, and Usagi, who is best moonfu?

Not canonically, but you can be the first! Though the power of the SS isn't really decided from which celestial body they represent, because these were reincarnations of "actual" people. Moon is more powerful than Jupiter, for example. Sun would still probably be fairly strong, though.

I GOTTA BELIEVE

>Genealogy Of The Holy War
>Elibe
>Sailor Moon
>Fire Emblem Heroes
>Fire Emblem Tellius
>Heathers
>Hamtaro
>Yuki Yuuna Is A Hero
>Fire Emblem Valentia
>(Soon To Be) Fire Emblem Archanea

I'll be fine, I'll just go drop-in for Sailor oon.

>Kaguya
Which one? Off the top of my head I can think of people named Kaguya in both Touhou and Naruto.

Not too bad.