Flavor Text

It would be against the rule having a Flavor text thread?
It can be from any TCG if you wish.
Also, there is a MTG card, that the flavor text is like "here friend, you can gave this..... Take it please... I insist" or something like that.
Was like a totem or an amulate that deal 2 damage to the owner, and you could pay to give it to the other player... or soemthing like that.
Dont remember the name

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

>having to put up with the Diet Jaya that is Chandra
>for over a fucking decade

Just fucking kill the franchise already.

That's Jinxed Idol.

Wasnt this one the one you wanted to post?

lets stop with the Red, and lets go with some Riddles

The humor flavor texts are pretty hit and miss.
The serious ones have more consistency in making me say "Aw, fuck man."

Nah that one is shit.

But hibs puppji!
Soo saab

The answer MIGHT be a dick

I read that as "being-in-the-way-of-a-millenial-old-vampire"

It has to be genitles in general.
The first part is almost certainly phallic but the two questions after that are very reminiscent of vaginal behavior while the last part can relate to both genders.

The dog is really important
protect the puppji!

>millenial-old-vampire
Oh gee i'm literally shaking right now. I mean.. Really shaking, how do you just cross my way like that? no, seriously, are you, like, retarded or something? That's not cool. Can't you see how that's not cool? i mean---
*the creature kills itself"

its his dick?

He's talking about his 4 arms, so he doesn't know what the 4th one is for.

I love goblins.

especially ones with big ol titties

the winds

How does it bite?

That's what I'm thinking.
A cold, biting wind?

You've never heard of a biting wind? Must be from a warm place. It's a term for very cold wind, the kind that blows right through whatever warm clothes you have on. And chill to the bone.

Not only warm, but also non-english speaking

Sheet music.

Don't start

I don't get it

That's Ancient Grudge levels of bad.

ok, ok, for realsies this time
I love old wishes' flavor text

With the removal of damage on the stack rules, this flavor text is no longer accurate.

Torment flavor text was a competition between Kamahl, Chainer and Terok in triatlon of edginess, saltiness and snark but this guy's flavor text was top notch.

Odyssey of course was in the same vein of the torment, most flavor text solid with some gems

This baller of course if my favorite mana dork ever.

I miss dwarves. I miss barbarians.
That is all.

This could apply to alot of posters here

Do you mean
"I miss Zombies. I miss Minions"?

>Jaya Ballard

WHY ISN'T SHE A PLANESWALKER?

SHE IS SO FUCKING AWESOME

That is some brilliant flavor text right there.

I really hated this flavor text.

I love the idea that he is spiteful that you are using him like this, and so will help out your opponent in any way that he can.

She is.
Guess they didn't used her because she wasn't young enough, or some dumb shit like that.
Liliana is old, but she looks like she's 25.

Indeed, that's clever AND a relative way to make sure he's not overpowered.
Now when you ask what's the deal with a character abilities you get shit like "she's a speeder".

Well yea, the dog can hunt.

I haven't seen that card since my balls dropped.

ugh. worst flavor text.

Imagine all the butterflies that die on each mtg encounter.

>THE LAND CONTINUES TO BURN

Fuck. It never gets old.

Then Serra was like batman?

I genuinely cannot tell how this came into being as a card. Is that flavour text?

Flavor Text have never be more important

>no one has posted the greatest lore on a magic card yet

Kamigawa block is top tier when it comes to flavor text.

True.
It's been more than ten years and I'm still fucking mad. What a waste.

I like the original flavor text more.

>"Here."

bump

So apparently only the Pidgeon were inmortal and young forever in this town.

I have a soft spot for this guy. Something about that flavor text is really evocative.

Negates flavour text is the best.

"The greatest archmages study for decades to master a single power. The ability to say no"

Or something like that.

Kamigawa was such a gem in terms of flavor and story, a pity that it's so mechanically all over the place.

That said, they managed to get the essence of characters down with their cards pretty damn well.

This one?

I hope this guy gets erratat as a dinosaur, for my planned dino edh Deck.

It's not flavour text, but it is flavourful text.

Fuck no.
Those pieces of shit shouldn't exist to begin with. Dinosaurs are either beasts or lizards.
Especially when they are in Naya colors Jesus Christ.
It's like they're being retarded assholes on purpose.

>so mechanically all over the place.
Yeah, they tried a lot of things. But some of them were pretty interesting tho.
Ninjutsu is still a favorite of mine, shame it'll never get mlentioned again since the name is too japanese-focused.
Not Kamigawan, but I wish they'd bring back Provoke

They should have just made them Dinosaur Beasts. Easy fix, works fine, and has inbuilt support with older stuff like Tyrannax.

Provoke was great, and I think they could totally bring back ninjutusu if they changed the name to something a little more generic. Maybe with the return of core sets they might be experimenting around with it.

Exactly. But noooo. We HAVE to fuck shit up.
Naga could have been snakes too while we're at it, if they had to ABSOLUTELY introduce a new type.

The tenses are out of whack. It shifts from past to present mid-sentence. Shit like that makes my skin crawl.

this happend to me once....
I ask the principal to leave early that day because the odor was horrible i couldnt even stand myself.

I feel like adding a "Brawk!" or other bird noise every time I say it.

This is subtle but good.

You got it yesterday?

Objectively the best flavor text

Liliana, the necromancer from Dominaria, a plane, insisted on coming to Amonkhet, another plane, to confront one of the two remaining demons to which she is bound, whose name is Razaketh, the Foulblooded, named after his foul blood, which filled the Luxa, the river that runs through Naktamun, the city that Liliana insisted on coming to to confront one of the two remaining demons to whom she is bound.

I ship Gerrard and Hanna.
I dont know really the story of this 2.
But Gerrard have 2 RR and Hanna 2 NN next to each others.

An old favorite of mine.

English is like a second language to me.... but Im not sure If I understand what the hell this mean...

League of Legends Orianna stole this word for word. or maybe it's just a reference to a vague card.

I always liked this one, as much as it screams blue smugness.

Considering they've been stealing shit everywhere for years I wouldn't be that surprised.

If there's anything user hates, it's bad flavour text - especially Ancient Grudge, the symbol of poor literary choices.

She is, but she (probably) died at some point and Chandra inherited her goggles.

>implying Chandra running away post Bolas-Beatdown isn't going to end with her running into older Jaya Ballard, who teaches her how to *actually* pyromance.

In the novel for Planeshift, Jodah implied that Jaya had died offscreen at some point.

Then Wizards realized oh, shit, no, that was really stupid, so they retconned it (something about mumble mumble Time Spiral alternate history cough).

Now Jaya's status is officially unknown; she may still be out there somewhere.

Wish the art didn't crop out the actual monster.

That would be cool. Imagine the subtle difference between Both of their burn spells. Maybe lightning bolt gets reprinted when Chandra finally sorts herself out.

People give a lot of shit to that flavor text, but if the thing didn't spell out what was happening, I would have no fucking idea that that weird angular metal thing was supposed to look like a collar.

It's on every fucking card that involves Avacyn in some way. People are seen praying to it everywhere and it's basically Innistrad's cross. I think it would have worked if they truncated the "symbol of her church" part. All you need to know is that werewolves hate it and that it's a prominent religious symbol. It being a "collar" doesn't matter desu.