So Veeky Forums, who wins?

So Veeky Forums, who wins?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/image/k_iMriHJWaz8iYn8AK5feg/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Empire_(Isaac_Asimov)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't recognize the far left. Imperium beats the empire if it's 1v1. If they each still have to face the threats home grown from their home settings, the empire rolls over the imperium handily. They aren't remotely ready to face yet another threat on that scale.

I dunno, the Imperium may have troops leagues ahead of the Galatic Empire, but having non-warp lightspeed puts them at a MASSIVE advantage.

>who wins?
Who's writing?

Who?

Power Man

Putting all technology aside, the Imperium beats the Empire simply because they can, rarely, actually be the victorious heroes of their own stories. The Empire is a villain faction designed from the ground up to fail hilariously.

Yes, they can travel much more safely, but not really do much once they arrive at their destination.
While comparisons can be drawn between SW stormtroopers and Imperial guardsmen as to how weak/inaccurate their guns and how paper thin their respective flavour of wet cardboard armour are, it is clear that the imperium of man has a superior military force. While the Empire does have elite soliders like Dark troopers, I heavily doubt that they could do much harm to any form of space marine. And it doesn't stop with the astrates, the Imperium of man has so many more forces to draw from which could easily overpower anything the Empire has to offer.

In the end, we would have the faster Empire fleeing in circles as the Imperium slowly takes root everywhere.

I remember the last time you posted this thread.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/image/k_iMriHJWaz8iYn8AK5feg/

In this scenario it's the left one. Always. Assuming they're allowed their ORANGE TRANSPARENT CHAINSAWS!

Having googled the typical speed of a hyperactive in response to your question, I have to change my answer to IMPERIUM BTFO!

The speed gulf is too tremendously huge. Star destroyers would be zipping around bombarding worlds flat at will.

Depends on what galaxy the factions are fighting in. The Imperium invading a galaxy far far away is a completely different scenario than the Empire invading the milky way galaxy. The Imperium wins the former, and the Empire could win the latter scenario.

Imperial ground-to-space cannons can pretty much one-shot Star Destroyers though.

The Imperium can't use the warp without their magic lighthouse and the Empire can't use hyperspace without mapping out the galaxy.

So they are literally incapable of invading each others galaxies.

>The Imperium can't use the warp without their magic lighthouse

Lies. The Imperium can't use the warp very well, but short calc'd jumps are possible. It just takes a hell of a lot longer to set up.

Blind jumps are possible for both, more dangerous for the Imperium though.

>If they each still have to face the threats home grown from their home settings, the empire rolls over the imperium handily
>tyranids
>orks
>chaos

hmmmmmm

They've dealt with surface to space cannon before, and the imperium's void shields have nothing in the ground based some shields common in the SW galaxy.

>implying that Sith aren't already Chaos Sorcerers.

>25 Millions worlds
>FTL travel not requiring going through hell
>Personal shielding

I think the left wins.

Didn't say it would end well for the empire, just said they could do it.

Magnus the retard and Ahriman would rip them a new hole

>the left wins.

Don't they always?

Their weapons were pretty nifty too.

How are we supposed to differentiate the Empire of Trantor and the Galactic Empire?

>uses the pinnacle rather than the average to try to prove a point.

Galactic Empire with a G and galactic empire with a g?

Well since the Imperium of Man has a big ol' book of destroying planets, and the Galactic empire can't keep one planet cracker longer than 45 minutes before it gets blown up, I'd say the Imperium has the upper hand.

My point was that the most powerful psykers > ALL sith, and if we're being honest regular psyker > regular sith, just because they're more varied

Depends on whoever is writing the fanfic.

More seriously though Disney canon empire gets stomped hard while legends canon empire by contrast had been farting out Death Star sized constructs and new experimental weapon technologies every other month for twenty years and would end up drowning the imperium with superweapons and an ever improving quality of tech. (See legends canon from the Cade skywalker era)

The Enterprise travels back in time and stops Palpatine from taking over the Galactic Republic. Then they travel again to stop the Horus Heresy.

And is this all part of Hari Seldon's plan?

The bigger question is Is the Emperor of Mankind and The Mule the same person?

Unfortunately, they still think nuclear weapons are the height of ship to ship weapon technology. I don't think they stand much of a chance. The later foundationers, sure, but not the Empire of Trantor.

Of course.

Dunno who the left is so I can't say much on that. But Imp vs Emp, Imp would win. Despite the massive increase in speed the Empire has, once they get to any planet with any kind of orbital defense or system defense boats, the Empire is blown the fuck out. All star wars space battles are in knife fighting range, whereas in 40k it's done at hundreds of thousands of kilometers away.

For those wondering what the left faction is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Empire_(Isaac_Asimov)

Sun Crusher destroys Sol. The Imperium dies.

Woah there buddy