If he hadn't fucked everything up beyond repair, would Magnus have been willing to sit on the Golden Throne forever?

If he hadn't fucked everything up beyond repair, would Magnus have been willing to sit on the Golden Throne forever?

Probably not and also the golden throne was to be made defunct anyway when the webway project was to be completed.

It would've never come up.

Why would he need to if everything wasn't fucked?

The plan was for humanity to span the galaxy without need to rely on warp. This would combine with a rising sense of secular humanism until the Ruinous Powers were starved and no longer a threat.
It's argued from there that the immaterium would be calm again and as humans turned into a psyker species they could probably begin to shape it more positively.

why would that require the throne?

If the Emperor really wanted to starve the Chaos Gods he should have promoted some Buddhist meditative inner-peace philosophy.

Emperor was doing some open-warp surgery/sorcery on the webway.

>If he hadn't fucked everything up beyond repair,
THAT WAS LORGAR GODS DAMN IT!

>This would combine with a rising sense of secular humanism until the Ruinous Powers were starved and no longer a threat.
The Gods dont run on worship. The Emps was just a massive fedora.

He was half-right. Direct worship does empower them. His mistake was thinking that without worship they would die.

I wonder... if Emps knew that the best way to depower chaos was to bring humanity down to 1/20th of its current population, what would he have done differently?

The total naivety of his plan is IMO the biggest evidence that the Emperor was really an Age of Strife supersoldier warlord.

My theory is that Malcador was the real ageless super-psyker who'd walked quietly through history operating in disguise or behind the scenes. He probably made the Emperor using skills learned during the DAoT, married to his vast psyker powers.

Having created the perfect leader for mankind, it's quite possible that Malcador genuinely served him as an advisor and administrator, seeing his creation as a greater leader than even he could ever be. In fact, even the Emperor himself might not have known the secret. After all, if you can make the whole moon Titan disappear and are powerful enough to (briefly and possibly fatally) control the Astronomican, then why can't you implant memories in a powerful but dormant and empty mind in an incubation chamber? Or the belief that he was waking from some wound or unconsciousness rather than being born?

It also explains what the Emperor was doing just so happening to have a gigantic and incredibly well-equipped super biotech lab. The Primarch project, Marines, Custodes, and Thunder Warrior projects getting turned out so fast makes a lot more sense when you realize that they might just be derived from the effort that had produced the Emperor only a few centuries before.

As for this, Magnus was intended to sit the throne, but he wouldn't have been trapped in it. From it, he could have stretched his mind across the Galaxy. But then after a long day's work he could have gone home and smashed some hot chicks, had a pint at a pub, or grabbed a pastrami at Katz's.

Being forced to sit there all the time was an artifact of the catastrophic failure that Magnus induced. If Magnus hadn't screwed things up, the webway portal would have been connected to the Eldar webway, stabilized, and the Daemons kept out without the need for someone to stay constantly plugged in.

I'm not sure if anything would depower chaos other than just a long period with little or no advanced intelligent life. Basically, the universe of 40k is teetering on the brink of falling into the same daemon-plagued nightmare as after the War in Heaven. The galaxy would have to be wiped nearly clean and millions of years would have to pass. Gradually, the chaos powers would weaken as they ran out of victims and strong emotions to power them.

Remember also that it was Eldar fuckery, not human religion, which caused the current outbreak. Yeah slaanesh obviously, but also the psyker outbreaks and warp storms that snowballed into the current situation. I'm not sure that killing 95% or even 100% of humanity would matter all that much even with the Eldar nearly annihilated too. Shit just needs time to play itself out.

Wrid dothing nong.

How does that relate to my point?

Lorgar didn't take power from Tzeentch to use a spell and shatter the imperial webway to prove how useful and benign sorcery was.

That was the one eyed red fuckup in the OP.

While I agree that his plan was bullshit, I'm not sure how this makes it better. I don't think you can pin the flaws of the plan on supersoldier autism.

To be fair, Magnus wanted to do good and warn emps. It's not his fault that big E was too acuard to have the demonic-god-like-entetis-that-live-in-the-warp talk and just told magnus not to touch it like the beta he was

>My theory is that Malcador was the real ageless super-psyker who'd walked quietly through history operating in disguise or behind the scenes.
somehow I kind of like this heresy.
But he still failed in raising his autistic child.

Aimed for the post above yours.

Implying it isn't all just as planned.

>Guys so what if he doomed humanity, his intentions were good!
His intentions were selfish. He wanted to prove that sorcery was useful first, and warn the Emperor second. If it was just about the warning, he could have warned Malcador, or Valdor, or Russ, or literally anyone else who wasn't in the warded sanctum with the Webway gate. Fuck, he could have warned the entire Imperium. Or he could have psychically erased Horus himself. He was definitely powerful enough. But he wanted to validate his methods more than he wanted to get the job done.

He never would've locked the Void Dragon away in Mars.

He saw Horus being corrupted in a vision shortly before it happened. Had he warned everyone else he was a traitor and inadvertently saved Horus from chaos, he'd have still been labeled a traitor for trying to turn everyone against the loyal Warmaster.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just pointing out that Magnus was pretty much doomed to failure from the start.

The main theme of Magnus and his history can be summed up as "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". With Tzeentch wanting him so badly, there's nothing he could have done that wouldn't have somehow fucked everything up.

why do you think there's a huge golden dildo in the center of the throne?

for magnus's faggot ass

It becomes more explainable. Otherwise you have tens of thousands of years watching and subtly guiding humanity and seeing deep into human nature.... only for him to throw it all out on a wild conquest-and-destroy-Chaos-by-fiat plan.

It was a bad plan from the beginning. Coming from the emperor as described it's inconceivably stupid. Coming from a bioengineered techno-barbarian warlord, it makes more sense that he'd fuck up that way. Administering a peaceful unified humanity was outside his direct experience.

Yes absolutely.

There were still lots of fuckups with my theory. But they were more understandable fuckups this way.

He didn't know about the webway project or the warded sanctum. If he had sent a warning conventionally via messenger, IOW if he had just obeyed his sovereign, then the emperor would have gotten less warning, but been freed to mount a mobile defense personally instead of waiting on Terrain for Horus to arrive. There would have been no need to sacrifice Malcador, the Emperor's most valuable servant, just to sit the Throne long enough for the Emperor to fight one battle.

And, ironically, the Emperor might well have used the emergency to life the Edict and let Magnus use his powers.

Magnus wasn't willing to give the Emperor blind obedience, but by using his own judgement on the face of his ignorance of the entire situation, he unwittingly gave Tzeentch blind obedience instead. He was blind even about whose purposes he was serving.

Make the chair like pic related and no problem

What a colossal fuck up. No wonder the Emperor and Malcador hated him