Warhammer 40k General (40kg)

Luna Wolves Edition

>winglets focus, legion tactic is meh but buff/ability mixing is sexy
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/02/legion-focus-night-lords-aug-2gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Its nearly over for Planet 1. Better luck next time Chaos!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Does anyone know a way to reproduce the Forge World Luna Wolves Transfers?

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/734869.page
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Time for Sisters!

SISTERS?! WHERE ARE THEY!.

>Does anyone know a way to reproduce the Forge World Luna Wolves Transfers?
print your own copy using transfer paper

01101000 01110100 01110100 01110000 01110011 00111010 00101111 00101111 01110111 01110111 01110111 00101110 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110100 01110101 01100010 01100101 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101 00101111 01110111 01100001 01110100 01100011 01101000 00111111 01110110 00111101 01110111 01111001 00101101 01110011 01010110 01010100 01100001 01011010 01010010 01010000 01101011

So I've never actually played the game. I mean I know the lore, I've read the books, I'm not completely green but I want to get into the game.

First I'm wondering what army to play. I'm immeditally attracted to anything that can field large murder vehicles like knights because A. Big stompy robots are cool and B. Less to paint.

Am I on the right track? What armies have the best big stompy dps beasts? Any other newfag tips?

Come to the dark side.

play Epic

You can field nothing but Imperial Knights, they have detachments for it and will get their own codex eventually with bonuses just for them.

Any rumors or leaks regarding new or updated models releasing with the codexes? Space Marines obviously got Primaris Marines alongside their codex but what about xenos, chaos, and other Imperium factions?

LEAKED PICTRUE FROM CODEX: ULTRAMARINES

So I´m new to buying figurines and painting them, I have yet to decide between Warhammer or Warhammer 40k, I love the shit out of them both, convince me

Going to the store friday

>I have yet to decide between Warhammer or Warhammer 40k, I love the shit out of them both

Play Demons of Chaos, now you can play both games with a single army.

monsters- tyranids, chaos/deamons
robots- admech, tau, orks?

but really any faction has big models. are you just looking for low model count? what is your favorite faction fluff wise?

Can always go chaos daemons.

reddit pls go

If I were to go for a force that, at least fluff wise, was organized more towards the HH legions style but was a renegade/chaos warband, and used little to no chaos units, would it be better to use the Chaos Marines Codex or the Space Marines one?
SM seem to have more options for a force that is properly organized, which makes me unsure.

I´m not planning on playing, that might be eventually

Actually looking for a new hobby and I always liked drawing. Wanted something without a screen, so I decided to hop into the world of painting figurines
There´s actually a real nice store near me that have sets for beginners and are really helpful

Death Guard are getting a bunch of stuff, but we don't know anything beyond that.

I'm new to 40k, couple of questions:

Is pic related the only way to buy the new style Space Marines (apart from getting an expensive boxed set?)

What are the chances of a new Imperial Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus codex coming out?

Are any of the other armies getting newly designed units like the Primaris Space Marines?

Thanks.

Can someone identify the symbol of the black hand clenching an arrow? I don't want to mislabel my dudes.

If you aren't going to play just buy w/e you think looks cool, faction/system don't matter at that point.

Astra Militarum with admech and knights
Militarum have the sexiest tanks
Admech have some neat stuff but mainly Tech priests
And Knights for obvious reasons.

Kindly keep Abominable Intelligences out of this thread plz

You know, this stratagem is very good for Slaanesh and Undivided armies.

Mark of Chaos is a fairly universal keyword and it allows you to pick any of the 4 gods or none as a bonus for your unit, so this means you can really do some heavy pick and mix with this.

You can give your chosen mark of slaanesh to be able to use this and the 5+ fnp spell.

You can give your obliterators tzeentch to use their spells.

Your possessed Mark of Khorne etc.

I like this. Its quite fluffy and good.

Squats

I'm an imperium man myself.

Plan is to get something like pic related and make every level a faction

I´ll see what figurines look cool in the store, paint is pretty universal colorwise?

There will be full-size box Primaris at some point, we've already seen the skullhead dudes get one.

There was a vague rumour of either a Guard or Mech dex coming out in October, and all armies will eventually get a codex, but obviously unsauced rumour needs salt by the bucketloads.

New units aren't in any way guaranteed, but some armies will certainly pick up a couple here and there, as usual. Admech is about to get a big pile of new Forge World stuff in IA14, also rumoured for October but has been SOON(tm) for over a year. Models in that are expensive but awesome, and if they keep even a semblance of their former power will do well on the tabletop.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ofcourse I forgot my pic

It's the symbol of the Red Corsairs

Imperial Guard to be specific.

Only way to get intercessors yes, but not reivers.
Imperial guard and Admech will get codexies but it will probably take over a year.
Other armies get new units once in a while but not as often as space marines.

No. There will be a box of ten Intercessors, the basic Primaris marines, that should be up for prorder Saturday. These will be the full version of the model with many more options than the "easy to build" version there.

The only other army getting new models that we know about right now are Death Guard. Who will be getting Mortarion, new Terminators, and a new Vehicle among other things.

I never understood that organisation.I mean if you read the books about luna wolves for example garviel,aximand and torgaddon are captains and not lord commanders or commander,and they had the control of a company and not a chapter.I think the pic is the organisation of the emperor children or the ultramarines

Thanks, makes sense.

Different companies have slightly different colors, it's pretty minor though. I would buy paint that comes in dropper bottles, it's better than pots that dry out easier and can spill.

Alright, thanks man! I'll look into the dropper bottles, I'll probably manage 1-2 nights a week of painting, so that's a useful tip

Is that DG new vehicle an artillery unit, a frontline tank, or something else? Thought it was an artillery vehicle at first glance anyway.

Can I get a quick rundown on the differences between the Storm Bolter and Auto Bolt Rifle?

I don't think you should judge the organization of the legions by the named protags of the Luna Wolves, user.
That said, the legion organization is set down in the Principa Bellicosa, the war manual of the Great Crusade. Most legions followed it, with few exceptions like White Scars and Iron Warriors, I believe.

Auto bolt rifle is assault 2, so can be fired after advancing

Storm bolter is rapid fire 2, so can't be fired after advancing, but has twice the amount of shots of Auto bolt rifle at 12''

Storm bolter is rapid fire 2. Auto bolt rifle is assault 2. Both are strength 4, ap-0, with 24 range.

>Prepare strong force to face my buddy's SM
>We trade lists
>Half the list is IG infantry squads as meatshields
Game went from a tough fight to a total slaughter in my favour.

Hey lads, I'm looking to bring some range to my admech assault army.

I'm running Dragoons, Dominii, Electro-Priests and Sicarians right now.

I've got around another 1k points to bring.

Should I bring Guardsmen with artillery and hellhounds for hordes and softening up or just take a load of Dunecrawlers to bring the big guns?

>Have to give your Nightlords the Nurgle keyword to get the -1 ld icon.

Not really a fan but want to try it out. Thoughts on this list?

- Chaos Lord w/ Jump Pack - Lightning Claws - 106
- Raptors x10 - 2x Plasma guns, Combi-plasma, Power axe, Icon of Despair - 226
- Raptors x10 - 2x Plasma guns, Combi-plasma, Power axe, Icon of Despair - 226
- Warp Talons x10 - 280
- Heldrake - Baleflamer - 215

- Daemon Prince w/ Wings - Malefic talons, Warp bolter, Nurgle - 189
- Raptors x10 - x2 Meltaguns, Combi-melta, Power axe, Icon of Despair - 238
- Raptors x10 - x2 Meltaguns, Combi-melta, Power axe, Icon of Despair - 238
- Warp Talons x10 - 280

Total - 1998
Command Points - 5

If only they didn't have such shit range...

Shapeways

Alright bros, I'm currently working on a "Reunion of Terra" fluff army, that includes The White Scars, Blood Angels, and Imperial Fists, along with various successors.

My dilemma here is that I want to include a unit of terminators for my White Scars, but I'm torn on which model of armour I should use for them. In your opinion, which one do you think I should use for my Pseudo-Keshig, Cataphracii, Tartaros, or Indomitus?

I got out of 40k around 2 or 3 years ago and I've heard a shitload of stuff actually happened insetting sinec then. Any recommended reading novel/codex wise I should be aware of to catch up?

Completely unrelated (well almost) but do we actually know if the Mark of Chaos keywords are actually gonna do anything ? I mean if you only have to write down on your armylist to get access to a -1 Ld. icon it's not that hard to accept you're just using an oddly named rule to get something that kinda fits Night Lords (it's better than using a filthy loyalist codex, that's for sure)

>Three red helmets

Gathering Storm trilogy then Dark Imperium, thats all you need to catch up.

No clue, just keep them wrapped up in a transport, the idea of slow termie scars makes me cry.

I'd go with Cataphracii just for looks though, I can't stand Tartaros and it sure as hell beats the bulldogs no matter how iconic they are.

You want heavy bolter devastators, comrade.

Obviously vanguard marines

I'm guessing they won't do anything. Would be nice though.

>Then why bother with downgrading to the assault plasma gun that can't even wound marines on 2's

So you can have 2 shots with a 30" range (6" move + 24" range)?

Tartaros obviously. Gotta go fast !

>Veteran sergeant leading two sergeants

So what do people think are the odds that guard will see new infantry models when they get a new book? Either a new regiment in plastic, or updated Cadians.

Time for space kings tears

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/734869.page

tons of choices then, if you only want big bots or

This guy gets it

Double the shots > +1 Str this edition.

Very likely, they could easily have a release of Guard and Thousand Sons and focus on releasing Guard kits while Thousand Sons get nothing as they already had a release last year, or Tyranids since they dont need as much plastic stuff.

I think Guard will get their codex and new infantry stuff.

While slow Scar Termies is scary, the Idea of them warping down like a hunter is what I'm all about. Rest assured, they will be on the move.

Thanks for the input dude, any reason you don't like Tartaros?

Please, for all that is holy, trenchcoat guard with headswaps.

Putting together a noob friendly nid list and so far have Tervigon as my HQ and about 30 termagants as troops, what should I do about armor?

Say what you will, but Dakka is a dependable source of delicious tears

>Tau are dead as a viable faction. I hope you're happy whiners
Is still one of my favorite quotes from there.

Been watching that thread while at work, someone mentioned something that hit the nail on the head.

The Necron Index is balanced as fuck, the most balanced written thing GW has ever done. That's why it does so awful at the big tournies, there isn't anything OP that you can milk. Playing Necrons every weekend at the store is a fucking blast. Playing at tournaments is always a "meh".

And I'd truthfully take regular fun weekends over the occasional win at some random tournie.

I wonder if you could model them flying horizontally instead of floating.

You can literally drop them in at their max range easily

Please don't, then I would no longer have a good reason not to start IG and my wallet can't handle a new 40k army at the moment.

exocrine or hive guard

I want to see someone rid of the clear bits and have them running.

Has Terra beefed up orbital defences since the ork moons? Another ork moon popping up over terra would be destroyed instantly right?

Fair enough point, cheers!

They don't feel like the walking tanks I think Termies should be, they feel too sleek, I like Cataphractii because it's as close to baby dreadnoughts as you can ever get.

>18" range
>deploy anywhere >9" away from the enemy
?????????

>where are the enemy
>I can't see anything
>who thought this fucking massive flag was a good idea
>my feet hurt

At 30" that gets you a .38 extra wound per guy and at 21" it loses you about .35

Raven Guard, 1987/ 2000 points

HQ
Primaris Captain [6 PL, 96pts]
>Master-crafted stalker bolt rifle, Power sword

Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 105pts]

Troops

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 104pts]
>4x Intercessor, Bolt rifle, 1 Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
>Intercessor Sergeant Power sword

Elites

Aggressor Squad x6 [12 PL, 262pts]
>Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 202pts]
>2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Reiver Squad [5 PL, 100pts]
>Combat knife, Grav Chutes

Heavy Support

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 330pts]
>Plasma incinerator

Las Pred [9 PL, 190pts]

Las Pred [9 PL, 190pts]

I had the same thoughts. There are a lot of books that match up really well with armies that need model updates, and those that don't.

On a side note: Nids have always been really under played in my area and they have one of the best fucking line of models.

>All the lazy photoshop brush trash around the figure

The marine is good but it's unfinished, typical nu gw rush job crap art.

Much as I love Coatguard, they need to make a new infantry kit generic.

I always think about how majestic images like that appear.

Then think about in the grand scheme of things, that sort of jester in war such as 40k is literally fucking useless.

Waving a flag around only ever meant anything when combat happened in a field between a few hundred dudes.

When Thousand Sons get updated again they'll get new stuff to expand their line, as they'll end up with about half as much as Death Guard after all's said and done with the DG release.

>the coat part is something that hugs the legs but isn't required

Coatguard is generic. Fits Valhallans, Vostroyans, Steel Legion, Tallarn, Krieg... way more than Cadians ever did.

No. They need to make it something cool that people will want to buy.

I feel fewer, larger, reiver squads might do better. Just means you can keep the volume of attacks nice and high if one or two dudes die. Of course, it's easy enough to swap them about and test both approaches if you own 15 reiver models anyway.

>40k
>rational sense of scale
pick one

Flags were extremely important in warfare up until the invention of the portable radio, those flags in napoleonic armies were not just for show in battles involving hundreds of thousands of men

>See ? I can do squats too. Can I be part of your club now ?

I was thinking more grenades per turn, and the extra Sarge attack

It's flexible anyway

That's not a virgin squat, that's a chad lunge.