Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Definitely Not an Ork Edition.

>winglets focus, legion tactic is meh but buff/ability mixing is sexy
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/02/legion-focus-night-lords-aug-2gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Its nearly over for Planet 1. Better luck next time Chaos!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-5-Dornian-Heresy-Ultramarines-MK16-Damocles-pattern-power-armor-/141923378012?hash=item210b4ae35c:g:eCgAAOSwl9BWLUib&_trkparms=pageci%3Aaf83bb46-77f8-11e7-bc84-74dbd1803442%7Cparentrq%3Aa60ea49d15d0a9c40ddadb4ffffd1327%7Ciid%3A13
belloflostsouls.net/2012/11/hobby-studded-power-armor.html
brokendicegods.com/single-post/2017/08/02/Grey-Knights-New-Chapter-specific-Primaris-Marines-Codex-Heretic-Astartes-Traits-and-Statagem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I was to try and build a force for both, are the CSM or SM codices more similar to the Horus Heresy army structure?

30K marines are based off 40K SM. CSM are more like Word Bearers.

Xth for How's your local store doing?

I'm zero for two playing team Xenos. I haven't retooled for 8e completely.

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT

Hey, does anybody have a list of counts as/proxies? I know /WHFBG/ has one, but I think /40kg/ is missing one.

Would people have an issue if I used vostroyans as acolytes with hotshot lasguns?

IRON WITHOUT, PUT IRON WITHIN ME!

Nah.

At the BAO, a tournament with supposed "strict" rules concerning painting/modeling, a girl used unpainted cat models on unpainted bases to represent conscripts.

Who gives a fuck about the hobby, it is clearly dead

Considering getting back into 40k. Space Marines, at least until Dark Angel book comes out.

I want to do an all Primaris army, but also really dislike Gravis suits which limits my options to the Power Armor Primaris and Tanks. What would be a good starting list (750-1000 pts), and what would be a good long-term goal list be (2000 pts).

Also, slot aside, are Rievers better than Intercessors? Rievers with Bolt Carbines come in at 3 points cheaper than Intercessors with Autobolt Rifles while still having Terror Troops, can be kitted for melee, and can grav chute in and still be 1 pt cheaper.

I was just talking with one of the guys on Monday. He kept going on about how he didn't like to paint or assemble miniatures at all. I couldn't understand why he would bother playing a game like 40K in that case.

why is the paint so grainy?

That structure was used only by some few legions,the rest(including luna wolves) had different organisation

No. Auto Bolt Rifle is the worst Intercessor weapon and you want them for Defenders of Humanity anyway.

Women are weak,they have to be used as a meat shields or slaves to build our fortresses

>BAO
>"strict"

I thought they were doing that 3 color minimum bullshit. I think they give awards for painting though so it behooves you not to just do the retarded bare minimum.

This organization was used by all Legion when they were mainly Terran based. As the Primarchs came about and Legion culture changed, many of the Legions did away with this organizational pattern

>Including Luna Wolves
The Luna Wolves, for example, never went above a company in terms of breakdown, but those companies ranged form close to a thousand to as low as 36 in one.

Assembling's not too hard, just tedious for some people. Guy probably just enjoys actually playing the game and pays someone else to paint his stuff. I do agree with you though, if you don't like painting or modeling this is a weird hobby to get into.

>no oldmarines
>no gravis
>Reavers, Intercessors, Redemptors, and Repulsors only

You're fucked dawg.

I wonder if and when we will get Primaris Bikes, Jump Packs, Honor Guards, Terminators, etc...

And jesus I want some Artificer Armor options on Captains. Or at least Tartaros Terminator Armor.

>Got your asses kicked at Tallarn
>By regular humans in tanks

Looking for help deciding what the main strike force of my army will be. 1500pts on the nose for both. Base is the same for both lists.

-Elite-
>Contemptor Dread, Dread CCW, Kheres AC
-Troop-
>Scout Squad(5), Sniper Rifle(2), H Bolter, Camo Cloaks
-Heavy Support-
>Dev Squad(5), 2 ML/2 LC, Cherub
>Razorback, LC/Twin Plasma, S Bolter
>Dev Squad(5), 2 ML/2 LC, Cherub
>Razorback, LC/Twin Plasma, S Bolter

First is running my HQ and Elites as Jump Pack troops. This one gives me an additional Troop Squad and 6CP, but the Vanguard Vets can't shield the HQ units and are open to being shot at the turn I drop.

-HQ-
>Captain w/Jump Pack, Burning Blade, SS
>Chaplain w/Jump Pack, Plasma Pistol
-Elite-
>Vanguard Vet Squad w/Jump Packs(5), SS(2), P Sword(3), P Axe(2), Plasma Pistol
>Vanguard Vet Squad w/Jump Packs(5), SS(2), P Sword(3), P Axe(2), Plasma Pistol
-Troop-

Second option is using Company Vets and driving them in AC Razorbacks. I lose a Scout Squad, so only 4CP, but the Vets can take shots for the HQ units and the RBs shield the squad for a turn.

-HQ-
>Captain, Burning Blade, SS
>Chaplain
-Elite-
>Company Vet Squad(5), SS(2), P Sword(3), P Axe(2), Plasma Pistol
>Razorback, Twin AC, S Bolter
>Company Vet Squad(5), SS(2), P Sword(3), P Axe(2), Plasma Pistol
>Razorback, Twin AC, S Bolter

Aside from the Jump Packs I have the models for both builds, but I want to focus on finishing a list to play at my shop where they're starting up 40K. Any help and direction would be appreciated.

My store owner gave reporting to the incompetent megalomaniac

I'd give it at least until end of next year, once they push out the other Codex books and people "forget" that they're trying to phase out oldmarines.

Nothing at my store, should've reported by now, right? Week 1 ends in like 12 hours.
Seriously, I think I might be the only one at my store right now reporting, and it's just with modeling and painting.

>between my two stores, one has zero reports, and the other has 5 chaos wins, 2 xenos wins, 2 imperium wins, and 100% chaos control

I didn't know 40k was so unpopular in one of the highest ranking cities in the country.

I'd rather they had just done it clean. Hey these are the new models. They're bigger than the old ones, they represent the same thing though. Also we're beefing up Space Marine statlines to make them line up with the fluff better.

I don't know how people will take to new Primaris models not in the initial codex so soon after. People won't want to shell out another 50 bucks after just a year.

Never, if they are going to add something from the oldmarines they will make "equivalent" versions, at least for this edition.

>Jump Packs
We already have jump packs primaris.

I would say that aside from a few outliers, most Legions essentially renamed their breakdowns and stayed with it. I know Fists didn't really have any permanent senior command, but they really only changed the names. EC, BA, Sallies, IW(?), Smurfs, a lot of them kept to that list.

What's up folks.
So, I'm a little late to the party with 8th edition Data Sheets. I wanna get this right before I redo my army.
I roll White Scars.
The biggest thing that is confusing me are keywords. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but say I want Kor'sarro Khan. Obviously, there's no option for Moondrakken. But in the 'keywords' It has 'character, infantry, captain, Kor'sarro Khan'. Does that mean that he falls under the 'captain' he can be given the option of a bike? Thus, be given the perks of a captain on a bike? Help me out with this!

Is it worth it to make an army of Primaris marines using Black Templar or Carcharodons chapter rules? I love the lore of both Black Templars and Carcharodons but space sharks don't seem to have much to go on besides their forgeworld chapter master. From what I've read it's theorized that they come from Raven Guard so do I have to use Raven Guard tactics if I'm running Carcharodons?

From what I'm reading, Primaris marines are great at chunking out hordes while regular marines are more specialized and do better against big vehicles or multi wound weapons. I'm planning on taking a Knight as a mainstay in my force so I feel like I would do fine against hordes and maybe struggle against bigger models that the knight cant 1v1.

DESU I find the Primaris to look a fuck-ton cooler than the regular marines so it would mainly be a visual thing. Do you think anyone would mind if I used Primaris models as normal marines? I'm hearing that there's going to be more and more Primaris shit as 8th goes on so I don't want my army to look like a mish-mash of normal marines and primaris.

i've seen a few people using them lately

What would you consider a good ratio of
power claws
big shoota
Rokkits
burna
and just choopa weight of dice

>my forgeworld order from july 11th still hasn't arrived
>not late enough to really suspect something amiss
>but just in the right timeframe for me to check my mail every day

artificer is a free relic and comes with a one turn 3++ too

>Only Xenos victories
I guess we took more points from Imperium than chaos?

Carcharodons don't have rules yet.

No. Keywords are only referenced by rules. They don't do anything on their own. Just because he has "CAPTAIN" doesn't mean you can give him options from the Captain Datasheet.

Moondrakken was removed from the Codex because it apparently doesn't have a model anymore. If you want to run Khan on Moondrakken you need to use the datasheet in Index Imperium 1.

Why're you playing your scouts with mixed snipers and Bolters? Snipers are only really good en-mass and you might run into a situation where everything is out of range for your Bolters, meaning you have to waste those shots or reposition.

No. Tags don't work that way at all. If you want Khan on a bike you use the Index entry.

I would say by the time the HH rolled around, most of the Legions did differ from the terran pattern somewhat. Namely just to accommodate Legion size and such and probably due to how spread out the legions could be

I mean, I really hoped that Girlyman would've tried to fuck the Imperium and seceded with Ultramar. Would've made the story a lot more interesting. They could've used these models as what Rowboat had planned way back when just coming to fruition since being returned. I really dislike how 99% of Chapters were "hurr durr we love how Rowboat essentially shit on the Emperor's geneseed plans" since manipulating it was a huge red flag.

Honestly I think they should've just called them true-scale and been done with it, but then they wouldn't earn that sweet sweet money.

>They don't do anything on their own.
Well "Fly" does. But yes.

Was just hoping for more flexibility. Think it would be smarter to drop the H Bolter and give them two more rifles?

Fly, Infantry, Monster and Vehicle are the only ones referenced directly in the BRB

Will they ever get rules? I love their design but would hate if they never got anything special.

If they don't get rules could I play them using another chapters tactics? Like it says that they're maybe from the RG so maybe I could play them using RG tactics?

Well if you're just giving them snipers to eat up extra points then I'd say you're fine on that front, but if the idea is to have an effective anti-character force then that's way too few snipers. Which are you going for?

And Character

You can use them as a RG Successor chapter and use the RG rules

Makes perfect sense.
Sadly, Moondrakken NEVER had a model. I've seem people mix match Khan with Sammael's model.

Now I'm curious. Will there be complications with the Index vs. the Codex?

Changed my Tournament list up a bit. Added Epidemius and Herald of Nurgle for the + buffs and healing you can get for plague drones. After not to long they can hit 8s 2d6 auto hit flamers that reroll wounds of 1 lol. Who needs lascannons?

2000 points
HQ
>1x Typhus
>1x Epidemius
>1x Herals of Nurgle
>1x Malignant Plague Caster
>1x Malignant Plague Caster
Elite
>1x Noxious Blightbringer
Troops
>18x Poxwalkers
>18x Poxwalkers
>17x Poxwalkers
>5x Plague Marines 1x Plasma Gun, 1x Power Fist, 2x Blight Launcher
Dedicated Transport
>1x Rhino 1x Havoc Launcher, 1x Combi-flamer
Fast Attack
>1x Foetid Bloat-Drone
>1x Foetid Bloat-Drone
>1x Foetid Bloat-Drone
>1x Foetid Bloat-Drone
>1x Foetid Bloat-Drone

possibly a list of forgeworld tactics

Cool!

How would you go about doing the bumps on their shoulders/legs? Those don't seem to be painted so I would have to actually try and do something about converting them.

By RAW their CT should probably be Raven Guard. If you plan to use Tyberos I'd try to stick to Raven Guard tactics for rules consistency. However, if you aren't using him you should feel free to choose any CT from the codex you like. As for their own rules? Don't hold your breath, Forgeworld is notoriously slow and I'm not sure they plan to revisit their Badab War stuff anytime soon.

Welp. Got the owner to do it. Note that every xenos player here is taking away from the imperium because "fuck the blueberries". I am ok with this.

Fair enough. Changing them up with more rifles.

Any help on what main force to bring? I'm more partial to the spongy Company Vets, but I think the extra CP and bodies helps a lot more than I give it credit...

What fuck is going on in Russia.

m.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-5-Dornian-Heresy-Ultramarines-MK16-Damocles-pattern-power-armor-/141923378012?hash=item210b4ae35c:g:eCgAAOSwl9BWLUib&_trkparms=pageci%3Aaf83bb46-77f8-11e7-bc84-74dbd1803442%7Cparentrq%3Aa60ea49d15d0a9c40ddadb4ffffd1327%7Ciid%3A13

belloflostsouls.net/2012/11/hobby-studded-power-armor.html

Are Wraithknights worth the points?

They don't seem to have much dakka, though charging them will result in a few squished units.

Fucking pedos asking for extra CP

>Dornian Heresy

That's MkV power armour. Forgeworld sells MkV marines if you want them. Not all Carcharodons wear it though.

Its russian 40k i ain't gotta explain shit cyka

they should be already now that the meta and points have changed

So is anyone considering running Renegades for their Legion traits in the new Codex? Army-wide advance+charge seems REALLY good.

>ever paying for MKVII with warts all over it

Where was this spoiled?

All for the extra rolls. Every advantage you can get, amirite?

Also, I fucked up and the jump pack guys should have an extra scout each.

>creating a new thread without announcing it in the old one

How can one OP be such a colossal faggot?

Fucking disgusting!
Reported!

brokendicegods.com/single-post/2017/08/02/Grey-Knights-New-Chapter-specific-Primaris-Marines-Codex-Heretic-Astartes-Traits-and-Statagem

and nothing of value was lost

Defend this Chaos cucks

>paint 30k Thousand Sons
>field as 40k Thousand Sons loyal to Magnus

yay

In soviet Russia, DORN BETRAYS YOU.

So I should pick one up for 50% off then.

Don't you know the fat dudes with warts on their dick are getting all the chicks in NTR doujins you smoothskinned cuck?

Hot.

in soviet russia both you and dorn have already starved to death

>Will there be complications with the Index vs. the Codex?
For a named character with no options, no, none at all. You can run Khan on Moondrakken straight out of the index alongside White Scars stuff from the Codex and they still get all the benefits, Chapter Tactics, Stratagems etc.

Well he DID kill Alpharius, the Big E's undercover agent...

Hrm, if that's what they get, fleet is pretty good and fitting imho

>Now I'm curious. Will there be complications with the Index vs. the Codex?

No. The index entry is legacy support. Khan on a bike is being soft squatted.

Do characters like Pic Related usually have replaceable shoulder pads? Wanting a Sorceror in mk4 and he looks good if I could get the heraldry off.
Would it work to magnetize him at the waist so I could give him a bike as well?

No. The pad is usually attached to the arm and/or body in resin (and old metal) kits.

>Would it work to magnetize him at the waist so I could give him a bike as well?
How handy are you with a jeweler's saw?

I think going with the Company Vets is a mental trap. The upsides are you're giving your captain and chaplain more survivability, and you're getting 4 more ACs to pelt the enemy with but on the other hand you're losing out on 2 CPs and the ability to drop your elites mostly wherever you want. The Razorbacks mean that (depending on your map) you might not be getting into charge range until T2, whereas with jump packs you're for sure in range T1, and if you think things are too risky you can always just drop behind cover and charge with a higher chance of making it T2. Also, if your elites are high in the sky then your enemy can't counter deploy as easily, since you can always re-evaluate where to drop on the fly. Finally, with how you've kitted out your elites you'll want to be going up against light infantry, medium infantry, and light tanks, which usually don't pack AP. This means your captain, even if he's hard targeted, will be getting his 3+s pretty consistently, which will stretch out his 5 wounds pretty far (which might make the SS overkill, unless you think he'll get his with lots of AP). If you want to make him even tankier you can make him your warlord and give him "Iron Resolve" from the codex which bumps up his wounds to 6 and gives him a 6+ FNP. You'll just have to be careful to place him with plenty of meat shields on all sides so that if the enemy falls back, he can't get targeted by multi-damage weapons and mowed down in one turn.

Then again I'm a BA player so take my hard on for Jump Packs how you will.

WE NIGHT LORDS NOW BABY HOLY FUCK I LOVE THOSE RULES

I have never wanted to play bat heads before and I've never thought that raptors or warp talons were worth running before but now I actually want to make squads of them with icons of despair.

There you go, user

This how they come

Are Thunderfire Cannons worth it? Debating them in my Primaris list. Was gonna make a Primaris Tech-Marine to go with it.

Oh Christ I didn't realize my formatting was so terrible. Sorry about that.

I think going with the Company Vets is a mental trap. The upsides are you're giving your captain and chaplain more survivability, and you're getting 4 more ACs to pelt the enemy with but on the other hand you're losing out on 2 CPs and the ability to drop your elites mostly wherever you want. The Razorbacks mean that (depending on your map) you might not be getting into charge range until T2, whereas with jump packs you're for sure in range T1, and if you think things are too risky you can always just drop behind cover and charge with a higher chance of making it T2.

Also, if your elites are high in the sky then your enemy can't counter deploy as easily, since you can always re-evaluate where to drop on the fly. Finally, with how you've kitted out your elites you'll want to be going up against light infantry, medium infantry, and light tanks, which usually don't pack AP. This means your captain, even if he's hard targeted, will be getting his 3+s pretty consistently, which will stretch out his 5 wounds pretty far (which might make the SS overkill, unless you think he'll get his with lots of AP).

If you want to make him even tankier you can make him your warlord and give him "Iron Resolve" from the codex which bumps up his wounds to 6 and gives him a 6+ FNP. You'll just have to be careful to place him with plenty of meat shields on all sides so that if the enemy falls back, he can't get targeted by multi-damage weapons and mowed down in one turn.

Then again I'm a BA player so take my hard on for Jump Packs how you will.

The WL trait and MURDERCLAWS are great and fluffy, but honestly, I'm not expecting the chapter tactics to do a God damned thing.

There are way more Imperium factions than Chaos ones, and Imperium generally is far more popular than alternatives, possibly approaching half of the player base. Why would you expect a minority faction to be on even footing with what is clearly the most popular mega-faction? Many Xenos see this as bullshit, go "Fuck the Imperium" and give all their wins to Chaos.

Flavor-wise, I slightly prefer Imperium over chaos, but this is a rigged event and chaos players don't deserve to be stomped into the dirt without a chance.

t. Xenos filth

So, why can't my CSM squads take double plasma pistol? Why must I be forced to take a non-pistol?

magic pain thong, reveal your secrets to me

Anyone know how Gravis Armor shoulders compare to normal ones?

Chaos deserve to be shamed.
Mostly because their "tactical genius" crap from their broken codex

how the hell do i look up my store? (inb4 look at op post faggit (the gw website is unintelligible (am I alone or does it seem that websites are hard as shit to navigate these days?)))