EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Stop Mentioning Competitive" Edition

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's a past mechanic you'd like to see make a resurgence?

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/deck-13728717-9b626b15e11162ecfabe62a35d612215.html
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mayael-the-stompy-edh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>What's a past mechanic you'd like to see make a resurgence?

blue hate

Grandeur

>1U, Jace fucking dies.

>What's a past mechanic you'd like to see make a resurgence?
Enemy color hate would be tight, but that'll never happen again

>Thread Question:
Phasing.

Splice, but change it to "Splice onto [insert card type here]". Splice onto Arcane is too narrow and could at least be costed better.

>strong creature tutoring
thats true thou
>green has a lot of the strongest creatures
Also true

Hey /edhg/, post your favorite hyperefficient cards!

i agreed with green having good creature tutoring, but most of green's strongest creatures are basically just mana dorks. the best ramp in edh is still basically just various fast mana rocks

Would be neat on a plague rats type card.

>most of green's strongest creatures are basically just mana dorks
Green fatties are the best fatties, though. Stuff like Craterhoof, a lot of the viable Hydras, Protean Hulk.

Retrace

>EDH
>Grandeur

Anyone playing this guy? What are some neat cards in him?

I finally bought a FoW for Sakashima.

It's unbelievable how good a deck can be by just a one card upgrade, it's insane.

The fattest fatties

SPOILERS WHEN

Next week at the earliest if we don't get another leak before.

never played because im not sure on how to finish it. but it might give you a general idea
deckstats.net/deck-13728717-9b626b15e11162ecfabe62a35d612215.html

>strongest creatures in EDH format
Eternal Witness
Snek Excavator
Reclamation Sage
Acidic Slime
Terastodon
Oracle of Mul Daya
Yisan
Selvala
Titania
Azusa
I was going to say Seton, but he just makes your dudes mana dorks

You're forgetting craterhoof behemoth and avenger of zendikar.

Craterhoof was already mentioned and AoZ is a trap

Don't forget Hoof Daddy. He wins games.

what's the general thought on Vigor? I love that card.

Avenger is easily abusable and the best way to spam tokens. It's hardly a trap.

>aoz a trap

I'm liking this card a lot more now

B R A W N

Priest of Titania, the best dork.

Vigor is really good as either a combo piece or just support in an aggressive deck.

Conjurer's Closet, Phyrexian Reclamation, Nim's Deathmantle, Mimic Vat, Panharmonicon, Sheoldred, any mana doubler, Sadistic Sacrament, Culling the Weak, Oversold Cemetery, Erratic Portal, any cheap reanimation

Priest of Titania is a gateway drug to Elf tribal.

Seton is fucking insane. I've dropped an entwined TnN on turn 3 before with him

spicy tech

>yfw they forgot the tap symbol

Devotion

>Mono Artifact

With super old artifacts, calling it a "mono artifact" meant it had to be tapped to be used. No clue why they thought it made sense, but that's what it is

That wording is almost as fucky as Oubliette.

That was one lucky hand with Sol Ring and Mana Crypt, user. And you had to draw land. Then yes, I can see that scenario happening.

Sadly a T3 Avenger + Craterhoof only kills one person at best.

T3 Terastadon + Primus on the other hand..

>Plant based traps

Two Forests, a Cradle, Two 1 drop elf dorks and Priest. 2+3+2+3.

muh dik

I don't think either tap symbol even existed back then. Wasn't used until Revised

I run neither of those artifacts in my Seton deck

Oh hello Blue Hater, how's your WBRG deck going?

Banding did nothing wrong. Bring back Banding!

>Terastadon + Primus
What's the combo here? I'm missing something.

It's turn three and your opponents have no manabase.

Tana Tymna is legit. Sow and Weave.

So simple, yet so brutal

That's just Cradle being fair card. Let's lump that together in the "lucky hand" categorie.

Neither do I, because despite Ring being good, it actually fits akwardly in the curve

And pic related

You haven't seen nothing yet.

Didn't realize old thread was dead. What shenanigans can this do?

>and enchantments
rip my good stuff. but then again, im gw not mono green

Ramp and Food Chain. Prossh is honestly pretty boring. Despite being a decent color combo, Jund isn't very fun in EDH because most of its generals are bland.

I need more huge green bombs like these. My Seton deck usually wins via infinite trample off of the "dork tapping for more than 3/Umbral Mantle/Kamahl" combo, and I think I'd rather use it to just crap out fucking massive fatties like that one, Khalni Hydra and Giant Adephage. I've started to embrace my inner Timmy when building more green

Any thing you can imagine with tokens and mana. Sadly, you are not required to do that and can just attack for the win

decent jund commander WHEN

Worldspine
Vorinclex
Mossbridge Troll
Gigantomancer can be a funny "gotcha" if no one blocks your 1/1 Elves

Okay what about this guy? I'm looking for something to build after I'm done with Marath.

Are you just looking at the C13 face commanders? They're all busted and boring

Are you implying Prossh isn't decent? He is boring but definitely powerful.

Try the upcoming Wasitora or Xira Airen for goodstuff or Vaevectis Asmadi for Jund Ramp/Voltron. Vaevectis firebreaths for every Jund color so all the green ramp and Urborg + Cabal Coffers can all feed him.

Oloro will rarely ever leave the command zone and most decks for him tend to be pillowfort that slowly lead up to an Aetherflux or some combo win. When he does leave the command zone, he'll still just be there passively giving value. Having Oloro as your commander basically means anything interesting you want to do will have to start and end in the 99.

I'm quite partial to these beautiful bastards. There's a lot of stupid shenanigans you can get up to with them. Though they're not the best in 1v1.

I want a jund land commander to mix a lot of land matters commanders together.

They're fucking rad. My friend runs these fine gents and can make everyone very sad

Prossh is too boring we need a jund reanimator legend

Hello

great commander for when you dont want friends

>return card to hand
>reanimating

what do you guys think about pic related? Any spicy tech? Should I just play Marath instead?

I know, but it's as close as we have right now for Jund. I don't see Wizards printing a Reanimate on a stick anytime soon, quite frankly

maybe

FUCK

If you wanna do Naya go Marath or Mayael the Anima imo

Why's Derevi, Empyrial Tactician the top Bant commander on EDHrec?

Because Derevi is broken and can be built several different ways.

Cheats commander tax and is good for stax strategies.

>give Karmic Guide to even more colors
No thanks. Jund already has their own flavors of reanimation strategies.

Tana + Vial forbidden lesbian love.

>give Karmic Guide to even more colors
Is this b8? You know reanimation has always been one of black's main mechanics right? And green and red both have their own style of graveyard interaction.

Now that you mention it Jund would make for a crazy reanimator strategy. Black brings back creatures, Green fetches land and non-creature perms from the yard, red reuses instants and sorceries, black/green loves the recylce, red/black sacks your stuff to break their stuff, and green/red continues to just exist.

Gravestorm and fateseal

>and is good for stax strategies.

Like what? I'm kind of interested in him but don't know what he's good with.

Have you ever used Derevi to tap down your own Static Orb before your turn? It feels viscerally wrong.

this dude at my lgs plays him and its always hilarious.
>panharmonicon
>blade of selves
>takes something like 10 cards

Toss down a Static Orb, Winter Orb, or Stasis, and a bunch of unlockable little creatures. The creatures will untap your lands and keep you in the mana while your opponents flounder.

Winter Orb and Static Orb become a lot better when you have a commander that can tap/untap them.

Derevi is also the best Bant token commander if stax isn't the way you want to go.

also Ivy Lane Denizen, sac outlet (greater good) and Primus

how do build this guy?

killspells.dek
Murder everything and fold to enchantments.

Yeah well i at least hope we get a jund commander that gets stronger the larger your graveyard gets

>yfw you just want to turn big butts sideways

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mayael-the-stompy-edh/

Anybody building Grim;lock, Dinobot Leader?

Yep, as I expected. Any specific card choices for the non removal cards?

its not a legal card in edh

>implying it is any more Jund than it is white
Reanimation is white/black since Alpha baby and cip abilities to reanimate is specifically white while black is able to steal from opponents' graveyards. Jund could have a reanimating legend, of course, but I agree that wotc shouldn't make another Karmic Guide effect. A more expensive Chainer with red and green would be fine.

Only a handful of children cares.

Vampiric Tutor and Entomb are the obvious ones.
Some less obvious ones: Cremate, Moonlight Bargin, Skeletal Scrying, Imp's Mischeif, and Makeshift Mannequin.