Malifaux General

Hugging Darkness edition

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - New models
Book 5 - Just announced

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Link to the previous general:

Other urls found in this thread:

themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/129328-wyrd-gencon-newsletter/?do=findComment&comment=1039968
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/128853-speculation-on-broken-promises-upgrades/?do=findComment&comment=1039001
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>...Wait, they removed a Kentauroi sculpt from the picture.

They always do.

Seems like most of the three-pose things that come out these days get two-model boxes on release, with the third (most complex to cast?) saved for Ltd Eds.

How are these guys? I got them because I fucking hate arcanist armors but haven't actually played them yet.

Not a clue, I play Arcanists.
On paper they look decent though - they're one of the models people love to hate because Regen and Reckless is free AP.

So I think I might pick up Tits McSteamfitter. I don't play Arcanists, but I think she'd make a great alternate nurse.

The boobs remind me of the Nurse's plastic surgery obsession, and a blowtorch is par for the course for McMourning style surgery.

That's not a bad idea actually, especially given the look of the Flesh Constructs.

I haven't run them, but for their price they look thoroughly okay.

The regen needs a 7 to get off, so it's less likely the more you run. Their damage profile isn't all that great, unless up against something Glowy helps with.

The biggest drawback is that they don't compare well against other 7ss models like Burt or Francois.

At $40 for two it seems like a bad deal now. The Jorogumo are great at $40 for 3. I guess that puts them in line with the mounted guard.

I'm thinking about making my own, on the cheap. I'm not that huge a fan of the models.

Does anyone know of an easier digest verson of the FAQ/errata? I played a lot about a year ago then left the country came back and found quite a bit of changes and am kinda scrambling to get it together to start up a league soon

When a new FAQ or errata comes out Aaron or whatever makes a thread on the forums detailing what the general changes are. They are probably worth looking at.

So, Kentauroi: are they going to be more for carrying Nico/Molly around, or are they worth it as beaters?

It looks like both too me. Although generating corpses seems more in Nico's bailiwick. I could see Reva using them too.

What do you guys think of Talos? Does he enhance Tara's gameplay or is it just more gimmicky plates to keep spinning?

It looks like a pretty solid beater.

Into the Furnace seems pretty card intensive to keep up. And if you fail Talos takes a bunch of wounds. Although I guess you could use it as a quick heal late game, or focus on low willpower units, like Lenny.

Randomly, the "tarot Fate Deck" is listed as a TTB product. Do we know if it'd work as a Malifaux fate deck or are there any differences that'd prevent it?

I think it'll just have Tarot symbols on a normal fate deck, since that's what TTB uses.

Maybe it'll have rules for character creation on the cards if it's weird.

Thanks. I'm not very familiar with TTB.

It's pretty much what you'd imagine. It's about as close to a direct port of Malifaux into a RPG as you could get. IIRC, the two are pretty much cross compatible. (Anything Master level will wreck your shit BBEG style.)

>alt Hamelin box is $90
Oh, right in the wallet. Was expecting it to be around $75.

That is rough.

Yeah, shot right out of my price range. It's a fun set but not $90 fun, especially with the add-on coming Black Friday.

So, after reading Reva's bit in Book four, I'm wondering whether she's actually a force for good or not.

I know it's supposed to be ambiguous but I'm hoping she's legit. It'd be cool to have an actual good resser. Although I guess Molly isn't too far off.

I don't think Molly will ever be "evil", but she's becoming steadily grayer as time goes on.

I'm probably still going to get it since my only Hamelin models are from 1st Ed, but I'm probably not going to be getting much else.

I'm starting to think Hamlin must be a Wrrd favorite. This'll be his 4th model, iirc.

Maybe that's why 2point models are only cool when he does it.

Oh definitely, he's someone's pet character.

That'd be Levi, or at least it used to be

>That'd be Levi, or at least it used to be
What makes you say that?

I think this is actually his 5th. Theres his base, alt with nix, 2e, vintage, and now this one.

>vintage
Don't remember that one. I remember henchman, then master, then 2nd and this one.

What's the vintage one?

I think he honestly needs an minion version.

Vintage is his Avatar model I believe.

The vintage model is the guilder store one. It has the same design as his avatar sculpt, but slightly larger and minus the scenery piece of course.

what the others said. Personally I think its his best. Its also the only one where hes playing his pipes.

Agreed.

Is there a terrain kit or do you guys make your own or borrow from your LGS? Post terrain if you have them.

There are a few terrain kits, but I don'tknow if they're still supported.
4Ground and Plascraft(?) do some.

Anyone ordering this guy? Is he good with Dreamer?
What about the new upgrades deck, any more details regarding that or are we supposed to order it blind?

Looking to get some value out of the special, going to get alt Hamelin and another outcast box so I can get Taelor.

Anyone have a stong opinion towards Talos or Stalker, I play almost entirely Jacky D is it helps.

Stalker's a very mobile scheme runner and Talos is another Tara gimmick.

Based on the playtest he has no real synergies with the Dreamer. He does sound really annoying though, and could work in a more general Neverborn crew.

>another Tara gimmick.

Damn, that's what, the fourth one? Someone in design has a hard-on for her.

I honestly felt like it was the opposite.
>See, we gave Tara a new toy. Do you like her yet?
>P-please senpai

They're just trying to make her playable in theme

She just needs an upgrade that let's glimpse the Void bury more models

To be fair, a lot of other outcast master also got new toys - new nihilist and lost, new outlaw, new freikorp, new tormented.

Who is the new lost?

Marlene Webster

The new TTB book has a picture of Von Schill in it sporting his new cyberpunk look with one steampunky arm and leg.

Anywhere I can read up on these new toys?

Neat. pics?

Just this shitty one.

Neat. I hope that someone uploads PDFs for Fire in the Sky, A Stitch in Time, and of course TTB 2E soon.

>Punished Shill
I'm hoping he gets a cool mechanical fist attack with an upgrade.

>TTB 2E
They're coming it with a second Ed already?

I could be happy with just 2E, though the others would be nice.
2E is for the most parts a rules cleanup, rather than new content, so it's easy to make a new edition

I'm just surprised there find a new one already. Seems soon.

Although to be honest the first book is a pretty awful mess. Not terrible, but it definitely feels like a groups first attempt at an RPG.

I've had alot of fun with it, but yeah, the book needs some tidying up.

I've thought about running games using it.

Do it

I might. If I decide I've had enough of this new campaign.

I think done if the players who would be down would prefer Deadlands instead.

That looks dope.
I hope the Freikorps get more robomans, even if it does encroach on Mei Feng's bit a little.

Hell, they should team up for sexy robot bondage suit punchan action.

Why are we here? Just to suffer?
My leg..

He just needs an eye patch and we have a perfect steampunk Big Boss.

>He just needs an eye patch and we have a perfect steampunk Big Boss.
Awwwwww shit son, that has to happen.

The new engineer looks sick. Pretty easy to give itself a 3/4/6 damage spread on its gun on a 6ss model.

Should be pretty easy with greenstuff.
You could even give him the horn.

I can't wait to use the engineer with Howard and give him a built in decapitate trigger

The Engineer only gives Rams to Outcasts.

Oh shit son.
That's pretty brutal.

Oh, he's not a merc.
Are you a filthy Levi player or something?

Actually, the trigger is "If the target is an Outcast, they gain+Rams".

What are you talking about?

So: Asura Roten. Neat abilities but what lists do you see yourself taking her in and why?

Shitty, I totally misread the card. There goes that plan

It's also easy to get free cards just by parking him next to a marker.

Can still throw it on the strong arm suit for free + flips to damage

How do I convert my Von Schill to look like this?

Seems pretty great with Nico. 8ss and generates a corpse a turn with no effort.

Giving out better attacks is swank.

Also a bonus.

I really want to see the Earth side.
But Fire in the Sky haven't published the digital book.

Use spare mechanical limbs from the TTB character kits, or just wait for the inevitable alt model.

I keep forgetting that they delay the PDFs for these things. I hope to see the ToS rulebook come promptly as well.

So I was thinking about making custom tokens.

If I'm making 30mm should I make them actually the 30mm or the weird lipped 32-ish mm ones that come with models.

30mm - it''s the size.

Though if you do it with bases, like everyone else does, no-one wiwll bat an eyelind. That millimitre a side won't make tangible difference.

How flimsy is Mei Feng's model at the railroad bits she's jumping on? Is it as brittle as Lady Justice's Scales of Justice?

Is it worth it to pick one of them up for bits in general?

Talos is also pretty sweet with Rusty Alice and I got really good use with him in Levi's crew.

And more models for Tara is a really good thing. It'd be nice not to have to take 6 Void Wretches every game. I find she's one of the strongest masters in my hands, but for new comers I can only imagine she must seem awful.

Iirc, not to fragile. At least I didn't have any problems putting her together.

>Talos is also pretty sweet with Rusty Alice
That does sound pretty swank, if you get it to work.

He does seem pretty interesting. I also like the not-relic hammer.

Seems like alt-Huggy and Nekima will be retail releases down the line, not just special sculpts.

The railway sleepers are all one piece, very sturdy.
The contact point is as much of her lagging foot as you want to glue, so that's up to you - she is competely separate from the basing.

That's a system I could get behind - re-releasing models with nice new sculpts.

Sauce on that?

themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/129328-wyrd-gencon-newsletter/?do=findComment&comment=1039968

>That's a system I could get behind - re-releasing models with nice new sculpts.
This. There are tons of cool models and sculpts I have missed out on.

themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/128853-speculation-on-broken-promises-upgrades/?do=findComment&comment=1039001

I swear every post from this new player is awful.

Ramos totally needs longer range on his summoning, and better defenses.

>one time I lost a game because I am new and bad, this is really an issue that should be patched with upgrades.
>Also, there's a scheme that Arcanists don't have an auto-win pick for, would be useful to have a patch to fix this.

The one bright side of account based posting is that you can safely ignore everything specific users say. Browse around for a week and you'll quickly know who to listen to.

It doesn't sound like the will rerelease existing alt models, but selling newer ones as part of a general release sounds nice.

Iget a little concerned about three or four of the accounts on the rules questions forums.
Those guys should really consider taking a break to eat or sleep every now and then.
The world won't collapse of Solkan and Ludwig aren't around to argue rules-grammar.

How is Kandara looking?

I'm interested in her fluff too.

I don't think there's any fluff out for her yet...
The last round of playtesting looked pretty strong, with teleporting Gamin shenanigans.

>another Sandeep buff
Great...

So, I got royally shat upon from a great height by Kolodi and his puppet shenanigans, what, as an outcasts player, should I do if I find myself in this situation again?

if you can somehow kill collodi before he gets going then the rest of the crew is pretty ineffective, personnel puppet is reasonably short ranged too so if you've got some way of separating him from his puppets that makes him easier to deal with too.
I don't really know outcasts but stuff that ignores armor and H2K are always a bonus too.