Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

World Eaters Edition

>Worldlets seem pretty good edition
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/03/legion-focus-world-eaters-aug-3gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Astaramis was an inside job!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit#gid=1771731034
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It shall inspire not detract

Never ever played Bolter Bitches.

What would be a good 700pt force?

Many thanks,
Soon-to-be-a-poor-fag.

No chart user mathhammer? Shame.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit#gid=1771731034

Three boxes of Intercessors

Reposting to help user
#
I'm a little unclear, are the marines and everything else in a seperate detachment? If not, change it so they are. Missle launchers are better choices for tacs than plasmacannons are.
Lascannon+flamer and CCW isn't a good choice, if you want the flamer make it a dread designed for getting up close and personal, if you want the lascannon try a mortis.
I'd recommend keeping the vangaurd all the same weapon, much like one does with devs. Dedicate them to certian role and use them for that, be it mulching hordes, shredding MEQ and termies or wrecking vehicles.
Looking at it a bit more, what are the infantry squads supposed to do? Plasma and HB is an odd combo. Also, what chapter are youusing for your marines?

This, then put female heads on them.

Based on the machinery I want to say Mechanicus related, based on the skull I want to say Guard.

You'll want three x 10 sister of battle groups with a mix of heavy bolters and flamers.
Imaginifier for extra acts of faith.
Canonness
Seraphim
Hospitilar
Rhino transports

Its squats

Reposting for Help:

Could you anons help a Blood Angels and Ork player out? I'm building orks right now, but I really want to start guard soon too. I've always loved the Catachans, and already have a marbo (for when he gets his rules back...again!). My question is: Where would I start? I definitely want Straken and Harker, but how many infantry squads, tanks, etc. should I get? I've been told fluffwise they don't always have tanks and conscripts, so I could ally in some Cadians (e.g. pask) for that, and I might even do some Death Korp for a cool mixed regiment. What's the best place to begin?

its necromunda

Necromunda squat gang confirmed??

Hey guys maybe you can help me with this question:

Why does the imperium separate it's different military entities so extremely? Wouldn't it be more efficient and effective to have Guard infantry and artillery, space marine as heavy infantry, and mechanicus robos and tanks all working together in a mixed force in most situations?

Wouldn't drawing such definite lines between them lead to infighting and such?

I'm no expert but in most real life military situations you at least have ground forces and air forces working together. Why would the imperium not follow this?

I know there are of course situations when the forces work together, but why is this not standard practice?

>codexes

Is this bait, or are you looking for an actual answer?

That picture of the crud smiling upsets me.

why bother? squats will be out before the year ends

Astartes are more or less a separate entity from the rest of the modern Imperium. They answer to the Emperor, not the High Lords of Terra and protect the Imperium out of a sense of duty, not because they're told to. They have to answer to the Inquisition but for the most part they do what they want.

How much Forge World is too much?

They advertise them as opposing forces, but don't provide a start collecting Grey Knights.

They do, but it's sold under the name 'START COLLECTING! DEATHWATCH

The britbongs at GW also use Dice for both plural and singular

>32 Data Sheets
>GK Index is 28
>1 for GM in NDK
>1? for Chaplain?
>2??

I'm looking for an answer.

I nor any of my friends play imperium. So I am not well versed in their lore. But I would think that at least the mechanicus would at least have some of its guys around to keep an eye on the tanks that the imperial guard use right?

Okay, let's try this the nice way. If you are a collector and want to start playing, DO NOT start at 2000 points. 2000 points is a game size usually used for tournaments and everyone gets competitive at that size and your list clearly isn't. Push your army down to 1000 points and get to grips with the game. Then see for yourself which units work and which don't. Get more of the stuff that works and leave the stuff that doesn't at home. For now, if you only have the stuff you wrote up, try:

Battalion Detachment:

>Captain w/Power Sword, Combi-plasma 93
>Librarian w/Storm Bolter, Force Stave 109
>Company Commander w/Power Sword 34

>x5 Tactical Marines w/Plasma Cannon 86
>x5 Tactical Marines w/Plasma Cannon 86
>Infantry Squad w/Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter 55
>Infantry Squad w/Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter 55

>Dreadnought w/Twin Lascannon, Dreadnought CCW + Heavy Flamer 177
>x5 Vanguard Veterans w/Relic Blade, x2 Thunder Hammer, x2 Storm Shield 153

>Onager Dunecrawler w/Icarus Array, Cognis Heavy Stubber 138

= 986 points

Oh my god this picture makes the old molds look like garbage.

>Grandmaster in Baby Carrier
>Rhino
>Razorback
>Land Raider

Because the Horus Heresy happened you idiot. The separation of human forces from marines and the marine legions into chapters is a direct result of that. This is what happens when you get idiots who don't care about space marines trying to get into 40k. It's like trying to learn about modern military and politics but you're not white so you don't care about whites people so why bother learning about the US or UK amirite?

Horus Heresy. Guilliman. Codex Astartes. Look them up, faglord.

Thank you! Was wondering where that went.

Seriously.
>BL: Awesome DV Chosen
>TS: Awesome new Rubric Marine
>DG: The second-best Plague Marine sculpt
>The Rest: 6 Shades of Manlet

My army has no models that are 100% plastic, but the only FW units in it are the HQ.

>mfw some 4shitter says my army is p2w and illegal despite just being a bunch of fancy marinelets and armored Rhinos/Land Raiders and my HQ can't be used as a captain

Asking again; tips for necron players dealing with Sisters? Assume Celestine is involved

That's a nice scheme.

Just to say that this image must be the Adeptus Arbites. We are getting Necromunda next week, the rumour lasgun is a short stocky version which the Adeptus Arbites use.

Lastly, the Imperium eagle as no eyes to represent blind justice, this version seen on the Adeptus Arbites as well.

trhis

Wraiths

>GM in NDK is that
>28 in GK index includes all SM shared units (aka Rhinos, Razorbacks, Land Raiders)

All of what you listed is accounted for.
Maybe a GK Lieutenant to provide reroll Wounds like what CSM got?

>Why does the imperium separate it's different military entities so extremely? Wouldn't it be more efficient and effective to have Guard infantry and artillery, space marine as heavy infantry, and mechanicus robos and tanks all working together in a mixed force in most situations?
There are a variety of factors that lead to why the imperium divides it's forces as they do.
Firstly, you're misunderstanding of factions roles is off. Marines are not heavy infantry, they're elite shock troops, the scalpel to the IG's hammer. The Ad mech are actually an entirely seperate part of the imperium, and are very much independent.
Secondly, the IG do combine various forces. The AM for the regular gaurd, the SP for the commisars and scions, the Ad mech for the tech priests, the ministorum for priest priests. Marines are not included as part because marines are both rare and aren't supposed to be part of a war for very long, they move about a lot. In the cases where everyone will be fighting alongside eachother for a long time, a crusade is formed and a warmaster appointed, and it becomes more like what you described.
Thirdly, after the horus heresy (you know what that is, right?) guilliman was intent on decentralizing the imperium to avoid another heresy. This is why chapters exist, and why these branches are separate, so that should a segmentum commander or chaptermasters decide to rebel, they don't take massive parts of the imperium with them.

-Canoness
-2 Immolators
-4 Melta girls and a Superior
-4 Flamer girls and a Superior
-10 Battle Sister squad. The default setup is fine but consider getting a 2nd Storm Bolter to swap in for the flamer. You could then use the flamer for the above squad. Also pick up some extra Bolter sisters so you can use the Imagifier as the proper character.
-Seraphim Squad
-4 Heavy Bolter Rets and a Superior

Image did not load.

>animefags were smugly sperging out about how our rules were going to suck
AHAHAHAHAHA IN YOUR FUCKING FACE IMPERIUMWEEBS

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
RIP AND TEAR YOUR SKULLS

Animefag here, Tau player. I was confident CSM would get rules on par with SM. Good for you guys!

Thanks dudes, I'll rework it

I had the small tac squads + librarian so I could furnish a full Space Marine Battatlion detachment so I could use the Space Marine strategems and tactics, though I'm Imperial Fists and maybe that's not worth it.

For the Vanguards, I wanted to smash tanks and stuff with them with thunder hammers but another user said I should take a relic blade on the sergeant, though I'm still not quite sure if that is a good trade off. I left some thunder hammers off the end since I figured I'd take some casualties from overwatch, but I guess that's silly thinking.

I used Plas/Heavy bolter because I figured the to hit rerolls from the commander would help them from killing themselves, and the heavy bolter because I have the models, same with with my company commander has a power sword.

Is the limited edition anniversary captain out yet?

Would you buy him from e-bay? Store I know has their anniversary on 9th of September so may pick one up and resell it, if its worth it.

God I fucking hate you guys sometimes

>Dark Mechanicum named

Whoa, that's been a fucking long time since I didn't see GW aknowledge the Martian traitors. Some FW units have the Dark Mechanicum tag on their datasheet too. Does that mean that we'll get a release after all these years ?

Cheetah user is a khorne fag. Huh.

Huh, okay. Then I'm stumped. I assume the Apothecary, since they already have a Paladin Apothecary, but the other two, I have no clue.

Likely an impersonator. Doesn't fit his MO.

Seems more like something FW might do in the future.

>limited edition anniversary captain
>Only one per store on a single day.
Well that's fucking retarded.

Who cares, report and move on

Librarian. He isn't in the index for some reasons.

>h-he can't be real I swear!
Lmao

It's not one per store, dumbass.

I thought legion focus iron warriors would mention cult of destruction buffs. Are oblits just fucked?

He is.
Part of Shared units.
Librarian in Terminator Armour

Going by the actual reveal it sure as shit is.

>triple 8s
top kek, praise khorne my nigga

>How to create your own jousting arena for homebrew tournaments using your knights

Everything that used to be awesome about GW and WD in one article

Tried converting my Dark Angels into Fallen.

Look good?

>Dont even bother tobchange the cover art

Im sure this wont confuse new players at all

Thanks! Very well put, thanks for catching me up.

Why are you so upset that someone wants to have a discussion aboit your hobby? Usually neckbeards jump at the opportunity to talk aboit their favorite form of autism

Lmao, i was a weeb chaosfag all this time

Did a bunch of jihadis throw them off a roof for being gay?

Have you suffered blows to the head? Were you deprived of oxygen at birth? Mother drank during pregnancy?

your beserkers will still die to an equivalent points worth of ork boyz btw

The may have gotten a points adjustments or something. Marines had lots of points changes that weren't mentioned in previews.

First we heard about the price drop for Power Fists was when the Space Marine Codex came out, so I guess if Oblits get their point costs dropped, it will only be revealed when the Codex comes out.

The old ones are hardcover.

>i was only pretending to be retarded!
rofl

Can any admech players help me work out how to use Destroyers?

I hear they're used to pop vehicles open but they don't seem that good against anything above t6.

>I had the small tac squads + librarian so I could furnish a full Space Marine Battatlion detachment so I could use the Space Marine strategems and tactics, though I'm Imperial Fists and maybe that's not worth it.
It's definitely worth it, but I don't think your list uses it to the best of it's ability. Drop the knight and take 3 preds instead, that alone will make it worth it. I'd recommend either quad las or Pred cannon and las. I'd also drop one or two of the tacs for some sniper scouts to add some anti-character.
>For the Vanguards, I wanted to smash tanks and stuff with them with thunder hammers but another user said I should take a relic blade on the sergeant, though I'm still not quite sure if that is a good trade off. I left some thunder hammers off the end since I figured I'd take some casualties from overwatch, but I guess that's silly thinking.
It is silly, but it's your first time so that's ok. You'll want to take everything the same, I'd recommend TH+SS. Drop the captian for a jump pack chaplian then, you'll want the reroll's to counter the -1 to hit.
>I used Plas/Heavy bolter because I figured the to hit rerolls from the commander would help them from killing themselves, and the heavy bolter because I have the models, same with with my company commander has a power sword.
I see, but you're better off not taking the plasma (if you want plasma with IG, grab scions. That's a scary unit right there) and getting another anti horde weapon.
I'd also replace one of the iccarus arrays with a neutron laser, it's crazy good anti tank.