Stat me Veeky Forums

Stat me Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

shwiggie.com/hitman/hm-34/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Max stats in everything except INT and WIS.

>WS 4
>BS 4
>S 4
>T 4
>W 1
>I 4
>A 1
>Ld 8
>Sv -

Dex 30
Str 30
Con 30
Int 14
Wis 17
Cha 20

>Generic good guy hero
>Still best boy
How did he do this?

His Charisma is high but its not superhumanly high, it would cap at 20 like a normal person.
Because his persona is all an act. He believes in truth and justice and whatever, but he's ultimately a normal guy, as we see when his powers run out. If he really was an indestructible beacon of justice he'd be as boring as you'd expect

Superman can still be the ultimate beacon of justice and still be an entertaining and relatable character if done right.

All Might is superman done right.

Because the people can appreciate a genuinely kind hero who saves the day in the nick of time. I was expecting him to be a fraud or an asshole when it started, and was pleasantly surprised. You can only read so many cynical works before you crave sincerity and childlike idealism again.

A better Superman adaption than any recent Live Action attempt.

It kind of helps that he's kind of dumb (but not completely Kakarot-retarded) and doesn't exactly understand more underhanded human behavior.

Like when he tried to invite Endeavour for tea after seeing him for the first time in ten years, completely oblivious to WHY he hadn't seen Endeavour in ten years.
Or that he takes his hero class material out of a how-to-teach-children-for-dummies book.
Or more importantly, how he was completely unable to explain to Deku how to use One for All. Deku spend how many weeks or months LITERALLY smashing his body into pulp thanks to ARROMIETO's advice and then Gran Torino trains Deku for two days, and he finally learns how to use One for All without getting turned into mincemeat in a bag.

But BnHA isn't idealistic.
I do like how you wrote sincerity down. I forgot who it was, but I remember seeing some philosophical interview with a writer who wrote about how we need a new way of writing media that's neither idealistic nor cynical, but sincere - idealistic or cynical depending on the context.

Stain would just be an edgy cynical anti-villain if it wasn't for that his message has a kernel of truth.

Yeah, just a dude trying his best with his powers. Not Jesus Christ allegory

because he isnt actually perfect and uses his gift in a purely unselfish way.

Plus he works as a father figure for Deku.

Superman always annoyed me as a "symbol of hope." I don't see what is so hopeful about superman existing, if anything it is downright depressing. You are just a puny worthless human and here is this being infinitely superior to you in every way who has to save your dumb ass on a regular basis because you are stupid and useless. At least superman could be a symbol of hope if attaining his level of power was possible for humans, but it isn't, superman isn't better because he trains really hard or he made a super suit, he's better because he's an alien.

I don't think he's dumb. I think he just assumes people's best intentions until they prove to him otherwise. The guy's pretty smart when it comes to tactics and assessments, like where he caught how Nomu's power was kinetic absorption, not nullification, which means it logically had a limit to it.

That was more Facepalm screwing up than Allmight being smart. Facepalm outright said what the quirk was, assuming it was unbeatable. He was gloating, essentially.

Allmight, however, is a pro hero. He has been fighting villians with powers for years. He knew the difference between two seemingly similar powers was actually huge.

The thing about Superman is that he is always there. He is not trying to oppress you, he is not an Orwellian Big Brother, but a friendly face who is always there to help whenever he can. It is also comforting to see someone with so much power doesn't needs to become corrupted by it.

Also, the whole thing that Lex Luthor has that 'we can't be like him' is specially bullshit in a place like DC, when scientists are constantly making things like him.

Stat him, Veeky Forums

Go to bed Lex.

>Con 30
Lol, no.

I was just reading something recently (one of those "transported to another world, but also with OP powers, I think it was one of the popular well known ones since I read so many of them I forget which is which) and a really good swordsman had his spirit broken because he realized humans would never reach the level of the max level demons. No matter how hard he practiced his sword skills he would never be safe from them. "It's not a level humans can reach."

I think that's overlord.

He's near indestructible

When he activates his power, briefly, yes.
Otherwise he has the constitution of someone tested positive for HIV.

That's only because its become time for him to pass his power on, Midoriya has literally just learned (in the anime) how to use the power full time, because thats simply how it's used. OP posted him when he's buff, and in his prime he would have been like that all the time. If you want to split hairs now he's losing his powers he'll need 2 sets of stats, in fact considering he's basically burned up the last of his power he may as well just have his weak stats permanently.

But that's the reason I only questioned his constitution. Even full buff, he's not as indestructible, though he can use abnormal strength and speed. After that wound in his torso, he can't count on having that kind of endurance. I take that his constitution is what dictates how much of his power he can use.

>Got his organs ripped out and body almost torn in half

C'mon

>Even full buff, he's not as indestructible
No, but he's very clear you have to be in peak physical condition to use One For All, and even then you must learn to control it, otherwise you fuck up your bones like Midoriya did, his hand is now permanently crippled because he couldn't control his power. I'd say being able to withstand bone crushing force implies high constitution

He's a symbol of hope because he shows that it doesn't matter what you can do, it's what you choose to do that's important. It's those choices that make him "super" not the powers.

>Then went and permanently ruined the face of the guy who did that to him, with his guts still hanging out.
>I mean, holy crap, the other guy doesn't even have a nose or brow anymore

Heroes are dangerous when wounded indeed.

>Generic Flying Brick
Just take a Superman write up of whatever point level you're going for.

>I've never watched even a single episode of MHA
Kay, thanks for informing us.

None of his powers are out of the ordinary for the genre.

Maybe give him a transform with side effects, to represent passing on All Might.

>Maybe give him a transform with side effects, to represent passing on All Might.
Bait.

>My hero academia

Started out strong like many other series, now is stuck with introducing so many pointless side characters and subplots just to cram in more publications.

>Flying

Hey faggot, ever heard these words?

The fuck? All Might's constitution is godly tier.
>briefly
The fuck are you talking about

I liked MHA, but it doesn't really bring anything new to the genre.

The closest thing is the "everyone has superpowers, but most of them suck" thing.

Wilkommen to shounen

Does it need to?

No. I'm saying the opposite in fact. All Might is a pretty generic character, but still enjoyable.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel to be entertaining.

Froppy is best girl

Bitches dont know about my Alien Queen

You are both wrong. The Best Girl sent me some nudes.

Ever since I saw that picture that gets occasionally reposted in filename threads as "vampire sex tape" or something, this is my fetish.

What happens if you kiss this frog? She's already a princess

...Is that supposed to be Armsmaster from Worm?

You wouldn't stat *him,* you'd stat his halberd and armor.

Well.. for statpoints I would say they All went into Might

I was sorta expecting a snapchat like captation like "Don't show this to others ;)" and then just a picture of a mirror and a floating cellphone

This is the only answer for me

stat us!

Honestly I think he kind of expected Deku to just "get it" because it's how he did it, he's honestly a shit teacher when it comes to learning how to use the stupid amount of strength One For All gives its users.

Man, No More No always makes me tear up

MHA is optimistic. Optimism is the belief that things are good. It is the belief that things can be improved. Look at Shinsou .

MHA heroes are actually scary.

>>Flying
>Hey faggot, ever heard these words?
Not fly, jump good?

She ascends to the twelfth astral plane, becoming the ultimate lifeform

You've never read any Superman have you?

Your post suggest that you are not one to talk.

>superman isn't better because he trains really hard

That's most Super-heros. You're missing the point about Superman. He's not better than you beause he's stronger. He's great because he's compassionate, dutiful and responsible.

What if God was real and was just a really nice personable guy? Being nigh omnipotent raises the question of what to do if people become to reliable on him. He struggles with not being able to save everyone and where to draw the line.

>Thinks All Might is a representation of Super-man done right

Only if you boiled Super-man down to a parody of something he never was. They have no point of commonality other than their most generic features.

shwiggie.com/hitman/hm-34/

Read this comic at the link. It sums up Superman more perfectly than any random internet post ever will.

That's what the swordsman gets for messing with papa bones

Keep in mind that the one person who blew his fucking guts out was the guy who is considered the end all be all of big bad evil guys in BnHa
I don't think its that he would have less con, just that the person who attacked him also had insane stats.

Lex pls

ITT: Veeky Forums has a better MHA thread than /a/ has had in ages

>He's great because he's compassionate, dutiful and responsible.
Only thanks to his adoptive mom and dad. And even then, Superman's heroism is highly mutable. Kill Lois Lane, or kill the Flash, and Superman goes absolutely evil apeshit.

That's just genre deconstruction because in the 90's that was cool and all the idiots writing now grew up in the 90's so they think it's still cool

>time limit on powers

He's not Superman, he's Ultraman. This is a common japanese superhero trope.

IIRC there's a DC comics hero called Hourman whose similar, but he takes drugs. The drugs last one hour.

Uh no?

There's nothing inherently good about Superman. He's not some kind of embodiment of goodness. He's just an alien guy.

If Superman had crashed in Lex Luthor's backyard, or ended up slamming into Lobo's spaceship, things would have been very different. Hell, Superman smashing into the Amazon island would change things up considerably. You'd end up with a Superman willing to kill.

Superman isn't some cosmic embodiment force, so he can be whatever the writers want depending on who raises him. Because there's really only thing that always stays the same, and that's Soups never betrays his upbringing.

A Lobo-raised Superman will never stop being a cosmic hooligan. A Lex Luthor-raised Superman will never stop trying to control the world/universe. A Diana-raised Superman (oh boy imagine psuedo-/ss/ Oedipus complex, OH BOY MUH DICKUE) would never stop doing whatever must be done to preserve peace.

Goddamn, now I'm imagining Superman as the adoptive son of Darkseid, and I fucking imagine Darkseid as being truly happy, he's so proud of his goddamn son.

>Superman isn't some cosmic embodiment force
actually...

been done like a million times my dude

Truly, this is autism incarnated in the flesh.

>hurr durr i can't write a good storyline so i'll just go full meta

Superman is whatever the fuck whatever writer wants him to be, which is a big problem with capeshit in general. This is why The Flash, aka mister "I can percieve events that last for less than an attosecond" was tricked by Deadshot stabbing behind himself. They're barely consistent between writers.

Which is also why European and Japanese capeshit are superior to American capeshit.

Because European and Japanese comics are written by one or two writers over the entire existence of the comic. Hell, many European and Japanese comics are written by the artist themselves.

Being able to see different writers have different takes on a character isn't a weakness, it's a strength.

Believing that what every writer has written should be taken all together is plain old idiocy.

>Being able to see different writers have different takes on a character isn't a weakness, it's a strength.

>Being able to see different writers have different takes on a character isn't a weakness, it's a strength.
Unless you like a consistent narrative and a consistent character.

Or a storyline that doesn't always jump back into the status quo.

>le sigh
He makes a valid point, though.

It comes down to what is and is not a valid expectation of:
>a consistent narrative and a consistent character.
or
>a storyline that doesn't always jump back into the status quo.

If you have one book about a character, with one storyline, it's reasonable to expect a consistent narrative and take on the character.
Eventually, writers will change and naturally, so will the book.
Changing the writer and character every month would be unreasonable.
Similarly, if there are several books that all feature the same character, but are all written by different people, unless there are crossovers, there is no reason they need to be 100% consistent with each other.
No, really.

>Believing that what every writer has written should be taken all together is plain old idiocy.
This.

>Stain would just be an edgy cynical anti-villain if it wasn't for that his message has a kernel of truth.

I think what makes Stain work is that it can separate his message from his actions. His message isn't entirely wrong but that doesn't mean that he, personally, is right. Iida's brother for example, seemed to be genuinely as heroic as a hero can be in what we saw but Stain sees darkness everywhere.

>He's great because he's compassionate, dutiful and responsible.
This is the truth of Superman.
To an epic level.
He has an absurd amount of power and would never think to abuse it.

>Only thanks to his adoptive mom and dad.
This is another great truth about Superman.

>And even then, Superman's heroism is highly mutable.
Nah. See.
>That's just genre deconstruction because in the 90's that was cool and all the idiots writing now grew up in the 90's so they think it's still cool

Bullshit. Superman is JUST AN ALIEN. Which means his moral compass is completely dependant on who raises him.

If Superman was something like the Spectre you'd have a point. But he isn't. He's just a being of flesh and blood, that has to go through an elaborate youth stage before his moral compass is fully developed.
And clearly, Kryptonians are just as capable of good and evil like humans.

The real heroes are Jonathan and Martha Kent, raising an alien powerhouse into becoming the embodiment of hope.

>Bullshit. Superman is JUST AN ALIEN. Which means his moral compass is completely dependant on who raises him.
I'm going to use all caps, in order to get you to read the actual words I type.

GO BACK AND ACTUALLY READ THE POST YOU ARE RESPONDING TO YOU STUPID FUCK!

>Believing that what every writer has written should be taken all together is plain old idiocy.
This is why the nearly century old capeshit industry in America has the most utterly convoluted narrative possible, where everything happened at some point but retcons, time resets, alternate timelines, alternate universes et cetera make shit nearly impossible to follow for anyone except the staff themselves and ultra-nerds. Especially when all of the aforementioned start interacting.

To get into how retarded this is, there was a certain comic (I think a Batman comic or something?) that was printed with the expectation that Quebec would vote for its independence later that year or something. That didn't happen, so how did D.C. fix this? There's an alternate universe that's literally the same as the main universe EXCEPT Quebec is independent.

And they wonder why the comicbook industry is dying in America. Old readers lose interest or are chased out by the writers directly insulting their consumers, and new readers have absolutely no fucking idea what's going on even if they pick up a number 1 issue because sooner or later the stories of various superheroes interconnect. Meanwhile, with most manga I know I can start with issue 1 and read all the way to issue quadrillion and get something decent. The closest manga/anime has ever gotten to capeshit levels of fuckery is Dragonball Super, and the general consensus is that it's shit precisely because of that.

But there's no argument there.

Superman is just an alien guy. Just like human guys. He just gets superpowers from yellow suns. Humans get their moral compass from their parents. Therefore Kryptonians get their moral compass from their parents.

Superman is completely dependent on his parents for his moral compass so if Jonathan and Martha Kent had been fucking Manhunters instead of humans, Superman would have been very different.

>The closest manga/anime has ever gotten to capeshit levels of fuckery is Dragonball Super, and the general consensus is that it's shit precisely because of that.
Dragonball Super is fucking great. The only people that complain about it are fucking retarded Mexicans mad that Super retcons GT out of existence.

>mad that Super retcons GT out of existence
It retcons a lot of other shit as well like the Potara earrings, Gohan's age (how is he a scholar if this is 6 month's after the Buu saga and he's in his 1st/2nd year of high school? Is he a teenage father, or is this after End of Z? But it's not because we know Uub is still a babby), and Goku's entire character. Even when writing Z Toriyama was horribly inconsistent and needed strict editorial mandate to keep himself on track (the Buu saga is all over the place because that's when he wrote under his third and most lenient editor, I'm using the Kanzenshuu as my source). Now he's gone full George Lucas, doesn't even really write Super himself anymore and only gives ideas that nobody criticizes or doublechecks.

>potara earrings
It's not really a retcon if it fixes a previous plothole.

And literally WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT GOHAN'S AGE? WHOOOOO?

Considering how it's been stablished that he's at a really advanced stay of decay since the start of the series from his wounds and it only went further after giving Midoriya One For All, my question is, how fucking strong and fast was he at his prime?

At the fight against the league of villains he was basically faster than the eye of superpowered people could follow and strong enough to send a super-resistant enemy flying through the roof and beyond the horizon.

That's why lots of pro heroes are worried about Bakugo. He has a very powerful Quirk, and lots of anti-heroic personality traits. If he were to use his powers for evil, he'd be one of the most powerful villains alive, even at his young age.

He say when he punches out that elastic dude after like 10 minutes of fighting, that in his prime, it'd have only taken him 3 punches.

Stat me in 5e/dark heresy

I wanna play this guy so bad

>and Goku's entire character.
Which is fixed in the manga.

Unless you're one of those retards that thinks Goku is some kind of Asian superman. He isn't. He's just a guy who fucking loves to fight, but dislikes to see the weak suffer.

Not gonna lie, I ship Froppy and Pinky

BLUE BOARD, MAN! BLUE BOARD!

Also, reminder that superman and wonder woman once fucked and killed a large portion of earth's population in the process.

Bondrewd's character design is 100% the only reason I am watching MiA.

If the character isn't shit, I'm making that costume.

Superman is a symbol of hope because as much power as he has, he is still morally Human and he proves Humans have just a great capacity for good as we can ever imagine.

he proves absolute power does not corrupt absolutely