Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Big Black Marines take on unsuspecting Blueberries edition

>Worldlets seem pretty good edition
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/03/legion-focus-world-eaters-aug-3gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Astaramis was an inside job!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Math guy or whatever, who cares
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit#gid=1771731034

First for firsting?

Discuss

Discuss what?

Slaanesh sucks.

>t3
>s3

Xth for this campaign was rigged in the Imperium's favor from the beginning.

Butthurt about daemonettes being choppier than bloodletters?

Like how Russia rigged the vote from the beginning amirite?

>t3
>s3

Is choppy?

I've had years to get over being butthurt about bloodletters being shitty, I'm not about to start again now.

Hey guys. I was just wondering. How are people here building their Reiver squads. Im really digging the look of the bolt carbines, but the bp and combat knife is sexy looking to. What does everyone else think?

I thought Khorn was better, with two attacks and S5 with power sword on the charge.

How should I get into W40k?

I was thinking about splitting Dark Imperium with my friend but he doesn't want to paint... at all... Also I really didn't want to play Nurgle since I know he'd throw a fit if he didn't get Ultrafaggots

Thinking about getting the "Start Collecting X" boxes but then again I'd be by myself since he doesn't want to shell $100, and another $100 on paints/brushes/tools

>losing bad
>It's rigged! RIGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top kek

Is fuck it's titties, next question

I'd do her.

>your friend doesn't want to take park in half of the hobby
>and he's going to offload expensive toys I don't actually want on me
No.

The fuck is the new teaser video about? necromunda?

Is this actually worth 200pts? I've not had much luck with it, but I've only. Used her in 2 games of 8th. Both games it died immediately because it can't jink and doesn't actually fly anymore (after I went through the hassle of getting it up on a flight stand no less). I used to drop my Brute/Contemptor out of it in 7th, but now idk.

I tried my best, kek. Fuck painting. Playing is fun

Fuck your friend.

Get DI and trade your Death Guard for someone who wants them and doesn't want Primaris. I did that, just started with DI for 8th after being out of the hobby for like 10-11 years.

40k is a big time and financial commitment. Don't pick your faction based on what your faggot friend wants, pick the one you want. That said, start collecting boxes are a solid place to begin. You both should also take a look at some of Duncan's painting tutorials on youtube. He's a great resource for beginners.

Because pitting the largest mega-faction, likely comprising around half of all players, against a much smaller subset and telling them that raw numbers is what wins is a totally fair fight.

What faction(s) are you most interested in?
Then explain how chaos won (though only marginally so) EoT? It's not like faction break down between chaos and imperium has changed that greatly since 3rd

1. Find people who aren't your faggot "friend" to play with (this is easy).
2. Get whatever army you actually want.
3. Build and paint your army.
4. Play game.
5. Tell your faggot friend what awesome funtimes you had without him.

Popular theories are: Necromunda. New plastic Steel Legion guard.

I want to run a Black Legion army where the CSM are the elite forces, and the bulk of the army are daemons. My LGS has a box of bloodletters, the SC Slaanesh pack, and some blue horrors. Nurgle stuff, IIRC, is sold out. Which should I go after?

I like the C:DA theory but that's because I'm dying to get my fucking codex and some new units.

>Losing bad
Are they? I haven't checked in a while, how's it looking?

Slaanesh is pretty badass for close combat. Nurgle if you want them to last longer.

How dose an ork army kill .... a StormRaven

truck filled with burnas

two warbuggies with scorkhas

5 Deffkoptas with rokkits

battle wagon with 18 shootas and 6 big shoota shots

gun line with 4 kannons

tell me TELL ME

Possesed they are gonna be bomb when the codex drops yo. And you lotsa daemons and marines mixed makes if fluffafied fluffy.

Spoken like a true tau shitter

Agreed

>Black Legion with daemons

Nigga that's Word Bearers.

Anyway, the Start Collecting boxes are pretty good, they're around 500 pts each so pretty cool. Maybe get anti-tank from Tzeentch, he has some nasty flamers in that regard. Maybe some anti-tank from your Black Legion too, some havoks?

I have these models in my collection. What should I get next to complete my army at ~2000 points.
I don't mind swapping units out for others.

I've been thinking about replacing the autarch with another flavour of autarch (I currently have one built from scratch). I'm also thinking about getting a warlock and maybe mandrakes.

Weird they can't just come out and say it, instead of playing to "oh, I dunno" game whenever someone asks.

Skull made of eagles confirms Dark Mechanus.

I already have a bunch of Terminators and a squad of Rubricae. I'm planning on getting some Possessed. So, I should get the SC Slaanesh and some Tzeentchy stuff? Maybe some Nurgle stuff if they have any in?

get your own plane. Red barrun that shit up.

Advance and charge is pretty amazing. Their ability to get into combat before getting shot to shit is more likely.

In addition, their rending has more average value for their intended targets.

Tzeench is gonna have a pretty cool spell where you can steal enemy characters if you get a changeling or something.

soopa shoota jet? variety

Don't give up thats a pretty good start m8

Nth for waacfaggots banning people from stores over inane reasons.

You can charge it with Stormboyz for laughs. The nob could even do some damage if he has a powerclaw

>Advance and charge
science when do daemonettes have that?

>troll lying on the internet to bait people

FTFY

I actually went to a hobby shop and picked up the "Getting Started With WH40k" magazine and got the Primaris Marine with it. Watched Duncan's video on how to paint and picked up some paints later. I'm actually pretty surprised how fun it is to paint, here's my space marine, just need to do the base and his eyes.

Anyone use the gemstone paints for SM eyes? Was thinking about using Soulstone Red instead of Bloodletter for the eyes.

but the old terminators are still GW models, the literally can't get banned.

People who think it's not okay to use old models are the most insufferable type of faggots. It's fine, just update base sizes appropriately.

Wasn't daemonettes guy, but I guess I mixed it up with seekers. They still howling banshee, which is always nice.

>nigger

Lmao, typical Imperial player.

I like all terminators equally

whichever one is good at shooting other planes, so I'd guess the soopa shoota would be that one.

Chaos is doing a lot better starting out this time. Murrica is looking kind of samey though how do we push through that threshold Chaos/Xenos bros?

>That pic

But user, that is the wrong way around, it's the Chaosfags that are the manlets.

>Xenos Bros

No.

Wat?

This would be the greatest moment of an orks life.

You forgot to do the eyes friend

No? They've been as active and present as any other first founding chapter.

After the gemstone paints were released, I tried using it for eyes and it worked really nicely for me. It also looks pretty cool. If you're not good enough to do the lenses normally and/or want a slightly easy way to create a cool effect, definitely go for it.

Need more

Black Legion feature daemons fighting alongside elites. Word Bearers summon daemons in as backup.

Oh, fuck. I love brainfuckery like that. I think I'll go with Daemonettes and Plaguebearers for my main troops, with some Flamers and The Changeling for support, and my Terminators, Possessed, and Rubricae for ranged combat?

>False flagging imperial.

Are you retarded or baiting a You?

Read second part, was asking about gemstones vs glaze paints for eyes

For a red gemstone what did you use underneath? Duncan's video shows he uses an orange layer, just wondering if any other warm color would work

the entire galaxy

vs

some old marines with spikes on them

Yeah it's a wonder chaos has lasted this long at all.

After 5 years of collecting, delaying and reprinting my first army is finally complete. Sorry I can't post a better picture as I can't seem to find my camera

Post your armies

Hell yeah my friend you have got the gumption to pull it off I believe in you user.

>he actually plays 40k

>1. Find people who aren't your faggot "friend" to play with (this is easy).
Can be hard, but yes. Toxic friends will ruin your experience. I didn't realize how much bitching I did until I stopped hanging out with a certain friend who bitched at everything was wasn't his army winning.

>2. Get whatever army you actually want.
This. Don't get whatever is super strong and be a faggot. If you get something YOU enjoy because YOU ENJOY it, your experience will be so much better, even if you lose. It took me waaay too long to grasp this concept.

>3. Build and paint your army.
Don't be like me, that person sitting on 3 unpainted armies with twice as much shit not build yet. I have friends with fully painted shit and they paint that shit right away. Even my friends GF is nearing a fully painted Harlie army and she doesn't even play!

>4. Play game.
Agreed. Unless you're really into the hobby only, fucking play the game. It'll give you motivation to paint and build, too. Play with friends. Okay with people you don't know. Some of the coolest people's I've met have been total strangers wanted to play against my Sisters of Battle because they've never seen them before.

>5. Tell your faggot friend what awesome funtimes you had without him.
You could do this, or just ignore him completely. If he wants to hang out, tell him you're too busy playing 40k.

I belive so, the Dakkajet is the "Everything" killer

the other two are bombers, and then the last one is "The flying meks cutom work" Jet which i dont know too much

>Then explain how chaos won (though only marginally so) EoT?
Literally by cheating.

Really wins and losses should be weighted appropriately for how played a given faction is, but that would require excessive thought on the part of GW. On raw numbers alone Chaos would require the total cooperation of almost every xenos player to have a chance, which is something they're not getting (the relentless shitposting of chaos players probably didn't help here).

It's an easy option, and as far as eyes go I'm a fan of plain solid colours.

Looks pretty cash any cool stories about your boys?

GREENSKINS!

Anyone? Am I the only madman with a Dreadclaw?

The thing you want to do with gemstones (this is recommended on the shop page, tutorials, etc.) is use stormhost silver as a layer underneath. Gets the effect done properly and stuff.
If you want to experiment, then go ahead and do something like an orange layer underneath, might be interesting. If not, just go with the proper method.

>guy outbid a carnifex for 70 yesterday
>offer today selling two for 60 apiece
>talk him down to 50 apiece
>get two for a hundred before the single one selling for 70 even closes
Get fucked.

#OilWars
#NotAllHeretics

Finished this guy today.

Looking ok I think.

>Two carnifexes costs $90 direct from GW

They aren't in stock

I'm going to marry Etna!

The narrative would be objectively better if chaos stayed at warband factions dicking around. Doing basically "terrorism and communist propaganda" than a full scale invasion

How big is the dick?

Thanks, they're called the Sons of Ymir. They were actually almost completely painted as space wolves before I decided I just didn't like the baby blue color scheme so I stripped them and redid things as I also realized I wasn't a huge fan of how GW was handling them.

In terms of tabletop achievements I only have managed to play a few games as I was busy with work/college. One of my missile longfangs (guy with the bolt pistol) once managed to tie up Lilith for 3 turns in closecombat and came damn near close to killing her on his lonesome after she managed to butcher the rest of his squad. Gave him a deathwatch pauldron when I reworked my army as a sign of his expertise in dealing with edgy xeno shits.

Did manage to play in a tournament but as it was 7th edition and since I was up against some very heavily tailored lists things didnt go well. Hopefully things will turn around with 8th edition turning my dreadnoughts into real powerhouses.

> believing what GW told you.

Physical stores still have them.

Also I bought 4 full kits on ebay for $35 each the week 8th dropped.

So i'm looking to crush all sissies for Chaos on Saturday, and I look at week 2....

it's a defense mission? Where we get points for surviving in our deployment zone? I usually go balls-to-the-wall deepstriking, don't think that's gonna work this time.

So what will?

30 poxwalkers? groups of 5 spawn? knights? HAVOCS!?

So I just learned what my local meta is (just bought my army). It appears to be marines and craftworld bitch elves. Seems titans and giant eldar thingies are also extremely abundant.

What are some good STRATEGIES to fight them with Dark eldar? I only run about 800 points (still need to get my hands on some scourges to bring me to 800).

Pic semi related. It's all the DE my store has.

Would the SC box be worth it, or should I just look for boxes of Daemonettes?

Lances? I'm not sure if Lance weapons have extra effects on vehicles anymore but thatd be the best place to start. Also make use of poison

Not my stores. Point is that a fuckwit wanted a single carnifex for at least 70 bucks and I got a better price for two.

>got all my Carnifexes for 25$ apiece new on the sprue in 7th edition from Blood Angels players who bought Deathstorm
Get gud

Poison?
I'm already planning on running the scourges with lances. Would I be better off using a ravager instead?

I'd say best bang for your buck is the SC in most cases so go for that.