Do you enjoy the ridiculous commodification of a hobby that that requires nothing more than pencils, paper, seven dice...

do you enjoy the ridiculous commodification of a hobby that that requires nothing more than pencils, paper, seven dice, and your imagination?

Stop paying Paizo and Wizards.. Just wait for scans of the modules and books to hit the Troves and PDF Share Thread.

I don't even know what is being implied. So I guess I don't mind, people can do what they want.

Whoa seven dice? You can just use your pencil as a d7 and use a system that needs only one die

WE GOT DICE TOWERS! THEY ROLL DICE, ONLY LOUDER AND ANTI-CLIMATICALLY! GUARANTEED TO TAKE UP THAT AKWARD SPACE BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR NEIGHBOR THAT MIGHT ALLOW INTERACTION

WE GOT LEATHER DICE BOXES! FOR YOUR DICE! SO YOU CAN SHOW EVERYONE ELSE AT THE TABLE YOU KEEP YOUR DICE IN A LEATHER BOX. FOR YOUR DICE!

I keep my dice in a crown royal bag. I drank the crown royal with my friends while we were gaming one night.

What about dog shit for my LARP session, Billy Mage?

> I don't think this content is worth my money but I'm still entitled to it

D20 COLLECTIVE HAS YOU COVERED! JUST CHECK OUT THIS CUSTOM ASIANESE DICE TRAY STRAIGHT OF THE ORIENT! GAURANTEED TO HOLD AS MANY DORITO CRUMBS AS YOU CAN MANUFACTURE IN A SESSION, AND ALL POOP YOU CAN FIND AT YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE'S QUAD YOU USE FOR LARP ON SUNDAYS!

I use a chain mail pouch my best friend made, you utter pedestrian.

Breaking news: people like to buy shit related to hobbies they enjoy. Fancy mouse pads. Hard-cover editions of books. Nice rims for their cars. Things with dubious practical value but are bought anyway for the simple reason that their owners enjoy having them.

If you think tabletop RPGs are somehow better than literally every other thing humans like, or are somehow immune to human nature, or are in any way surprised that the products you're mad about exist, you are an idiot. Not only are these things nothing new, they are entirely expected.

>mfw we use a shoebox lid

PEOPLE USUALLY ENJOY ACCESSORIES THAT ENHANCE OR IMPROVE THEIR HOBBIES! THE BEAUTY OF THESE THINGS IS THAT THEY DO JUST THE OPPOSITE! TABLETOP RPGS ARE AT THEIR HEART SOCIAL GAMES OF IMAGINATION! USE SPECIAL DISCOUNT CODE "HUMILIATE THE SPIRIT OF GAMING ITSELF WITH THESE OBNOXIOUS, PSEUDO-LUXURY PURCHASES!" TO GET 5% OFF ALL ORDERS OF $300 OR MORE!!!!!

You're an idiot and you are entirely too mad.

THIS IS OUR "ELITE BAG OF HOLDING!" MADE JUST FOR GAMERS LIKE YOU BY ORDERING THEM IN BULK FROM A CHINESE FASHION DISTRIBUTOR AND REPURPOSING THEM IN NAME OOOONLY!!!

>t. phoneposting scum

THE ONLY THING MAD HERE ARE THESE DEALS! HOLD THE PHONE!! WE JUST INVENTED A THING CALLED A DICE CODEX! THAT'S RIGHT, A CODEX! IS IT A DICE TOWER? IS IT A DICE-HOLDER? IS IT A FLESHLITE MADE OF THIN BALSA WOOD STRIPS WRAPPED IN LEATHER SO FAKE IT NEEDS ITS OWN PATENT?!!?

What's with space between the post number and your reply then?

hehehehehehehe so true, good thing I'm a poorfag who won't order some useless shit like this online

OUR NEW D20 NECK TIE IS SURE TO BE A CRITICAL HIT!!! IF YOU WANT TO CASH IN ON THE GEEK-CHIC TREND AND SHOW EVERYONE IN YOUR OFFICE THAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN GEEKY YOU JUST NEVER NOTICED TIL NOW PLEASE PAY ME LIKE A SOFTWARE ENGINEER! DON'T MISS THIS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!

WE GOT T-SHIRTS THAT ARE GIGANTIC, CONVOLUTED WALLS OF TEXT THAT LITERALLY NO ONE WILL EVER READ! WE GOT T-SHIRTS WITH GENERIC CYNICISM, CLICHES, PEDESTRIAN OBSERVATIONS, TROPES, AND IRRECONCILABLE MASH-UPS!

man fuck you, t-shirts are comfy and while graphic tees are awful better this than BS walmart bullshit.

I'M GLAD YOU ASKED! IF YOU HATE MEME-SHIRTS AND WALMART CHILD LABOR SHIRTS THERE'S GOOD NEWS! YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEAR EITHER! IN FACT, WITH OUR NEW "BARBARIAN NUTRITIONAL FACTS" T-SHIRT YOU CAN IMPLY THAT YOU WEAR 0% CLOTHING!

>seven dice
You only need two d6 to play the best game.

>pencil
>d7
you fokking wot m8
pencil is d6 unless you're from weird heptagonal-crossection-pencils country

Same here, except it was the bag from the bottle my wife and I knocked back at our wedding

BUT NOT IF YOU WANT TO PLAY IT AS BEST AS YOU CAN! JUST CHECK OUT OUR NEW ALUMINUM PRECISION DICE! JUST $140!!!! YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY DICE SPILL AND KNOCK AROUND THE TABLE TO DISTRACT YOURSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE FROM EXPLORING, PROBLEM-SOLVING, STOMPING MONSTER ASS, AND GOD FORBID ROLE PLAYING!! THESE ARE DICE FIT FOR ROYALTY!

Hey that looks legit cool. I just use a Scania briefcase i've found in secondhand clothes warehouse. I can barely pack into it though.

ACT FAST ONLY AN INFINITE NUMBER OF THESE 3D PRINTED PRETENTIOUS DICE REMAIN. FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $99.99 YOU CAN OWN THESE DECORATIVE CALTROPS TODAY!

EXCUSE ME WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?!?!? KEEP YOUR FUCKING IMAGINATION, SELF-INITIATIVE, AND CREATIVITY THE HELL AWAY FROM GAMING!

Gotta say, I do prefer sharp edges on dice over smooth ones.

I don't get the metal fad, though. I've used a few sets, and they seem super heavy and table-killing. Maybe the pricier ones are lighter? But fuck paying that much.

Stone dice have good heft without being table-chippers, they're just obnoxiously expensive. And Corellon help you if you drop one juuuust wrong and it fractures.

Sounds cool to me. For now, I'm pretty satisfied with my game science dice. But I'll definitely look into stone dice if I decide to change that up.

hmmm, das a nice lookin' bag there.

Press enter next time you type a reply, dumbass. Not even him, that's just obvious. Some people prefer spacing out random doodads from what they're saying.

You can also just not buy these things...?

>do you enjoy the ridiculous commodification of a hobby that that requires nothing more than pencils, paper, seven dice, and your imagination?

Dice Bags and Monster Books.

Those are the only things I'll even be remotely interested in spending money on- everything else is laughably stupid.

Seriously, Dice Bags are amazing.

Do you have gold leaf embossed character sheets on thick stock paper? Only the best will do for my bard.

Hook me up with a dungeon corridor that stretches forever senpai-iliar.

My god it's even got a watermark

Shit, that's a kinda cool bag. Where did it come from?

Honestly? Yes.
I love it. Minis, terrain, campaign coins all of it.

Sure you could play with paper standees on a dungeon made in graph paper, but if you have the time and money why wouldn't you invest it in stuff you enjoy playing with?

Yes. This is why I said Paizo and WoTC, not a better game company.

MINIS AND TERRAINS ARE FINE.

top right is the only one i like

Damn son, did your RPG oneitis turn you down for the Chad with all the Geek & Sundry(tm) accessories?

You are autistic and have no true friends

One of my friends at the table got these. I thought the tower was a fleshlight at first sight.

>TFW you're so absorbed by consumerism you literally can't fathom an alternative way of living

Cyberpunk dystopia people...

>Angry commie upset that capitalism has capitalised on a profitable market

Top kek.

You're not a gatekeeper who gets to decide what is and isn't appropriate accessorization, though.

You moron.

>2,000
>0
One of these is the hours I've spent playing and running games. The other is how much money it's cost me. Hilariously, I know that for some on Veeky Forums, it's legitimately a question which is which.

The problem isn't dice or boxes or bags or whatever have you. Its the normies. Suddenly D&D is hip and happening. Everyone thinks they're a cool RPG nerd because they played a premade 5e campaign. So the world commercializes it and ever larger numbers of normies play the most basic of RPGs. It's a vicious and unending cycle. We can only pray they stick to D&D.

>seven dice
m&m can be played using 1d20 shared by the whole table

fuck that! we play with little popsicle sticks with one side blacked out with magic marker.

What's so ridiculous about it? I mean, above and beyond the ridiculous nature of commodification in general.

>Its another "user is autistic and can't understand why people like things he doesn't like" thread

Eye could have been done better, not sure if it's just the camera or the lighting or something but that looks like the cheap shit they put on kid's animal plushies.

This actually looks pretty cool. So do a lot of things you're posting.

Are you secretly just a shill?

Not him, but it looks OK at first glance till you look closer and see how cheap the construction is.

Eh buying shit you don't need with money you don't have is how our society flourishes.

What are you all a bunch of lefty , SJW, commies now ?

Yeah, pretty much. Smash the state, class war now!

>requires nothing more than pencils, paper, seven dice
>seven dice
laughing_SR_players.btl

THE ONLY THING I WON'T LIKE HERE IS IF YOU DON'T CASH IN NOW AND GET OUR EXCLUSIVE "ADVENTURER'S JOURNAL FOR JUST $54.95! THAT'S RIGHT, IT WAS ORIGINALLY $65.95 BUT WE'RE PASSING THE SAVINGS ON FROM OUR BULK FAKE-LEATHER FACTORY IN CHINA RIGHT TO YOU! DON'T BE A NON-AUTIST WHO ONLY PLAYS WITH PENCILS, PAPER, DICE, AND IMAGINATION! CONVINCE YOURSELF THAT YOU'LL FILL THESE JOURNALS OUT WITH IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NOTES!

Okay, now these are genuinely awful save for one or two. First and only pic in the thread that made me angry instead of making me laugh.

...how do you spend $2k on TTRPG stuff?

NARPfags will find a way, be sure of it.

>Nice rims for their cars.
AWW,SHEEIT YOU RIDIN SPINNAZ DAWG?

>THE SPIRIT OF GAMING ITSELF

oh shit is that like the heart of the cards

if i believe in it will i topdeck a blue eyes white dragon and save joey and tea from the shadow realm

I want to feel proud of my hobby and have an expensive-but-meaningless symbol of commitment to it. However, nothing I've seen so far seems to add enough utility to make me feel justified about actually getting one.

This isn't something being forced on us by The Man(tm). People are making all kinds of luxury/premium roleplaying products because that's a clear demand that roleplayers have.

craps is pretty good, yes

>This content is so low quality I wouldn't pay money for it, but I still want to consume it
This is what baffles me. Can you imagine if anything else in the world worked like this?

>Transformers movies
Oh, right...

Who the fuck DOESN'T keep their dice in a crown royal bag? It's either that or the thing they came in for when you need a d6 brick or just one set from d4 to d20.

i guess I just don't really see how a d20-patterned tie is anything other than neutral to the hobby?

i mean, I'll accept it doesn't particularly enhance or improve the hobby, but it sure as fuck doesn't "do the opposite". It's just a fucking tie, man. grow up and let people buy shit if they want to.

I'll accept that dice towers are kind of annoying. Everything else - who gives a fuck?

... the absolute worse dice to find with a bare foot.

Boy, OP sure is passionate about gaming and not some shill that's been posting disguised ads for 12+ hours

I know a guy that got a set of 10 d10's made out of real jade for L5R.

Except that's really not the established Veeky Forums style. You're purposely being different and bucking the trend, and it's just making people single you out. Can't wait until school starts and the newfriends leave.

>literal redditspacing

Scania briefcase guy here. I use a pouch you get with KOSS Portapro headphones. It's the perfect size for a good couple of sets and seemingly identical size compared to 'dedicated' dice bags.

IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE SOMEONE TRIED RUNNING THE SHILL-GAMBIT HERE! BUT WHAT STILL HAS SOME TIME LEFT AND IS EVEN DICIER IS OUR HEXAGONAL WOODEN DICE BOXES! THAT'S RIGHT! FOR JUST $44.95 YOU CAN SHOW SLAM THIS DOWN ON THE TABLE, REMOVE THE LID, AND THEN STRUGGLE TO REMOVE YOUR DICE FROM IT WITH YOUR CHUBBY FINGERS! THEN, ONCE THE DICE ARE OUT, YOU CAN JUST SET IT ASIDE AND HOPE SOMEONE WILL BRING IT UP ON CONVERSATION! JUST TELL THEM THEY'RE NOT ELITE ENOUGH TO SHOP AT D20COLLECTIVE.COM LIKE YOU!!!

>muh d20collective
>muh FLGSs
>muh compulsive shopping syndrome
I just order shit from based chinaman if I need something low-quality or make a custom order from local workshop if I need something high-quality.

This. There's no real reason to autistically screech this much over this.

Who cares

I guarantee if OP encountered a person with any of these accessories in the wild, he would be too crippled by social anxiety and autism to even comment on it

IS THAT GAURANTEE BACKED BY A WARRANTY FOR YOUR ASS!? CAUSE YOU'RE GONNA NEED ONE AFTER I STOP IT INTO THE DIRT WHILE COMPLETELY STYLING ON YOU WITH THIS - THE GEEK CHIC LUCKY CHARM BRACELET THAT PROTECTS ME FROM POORS LIKE YOU WHO ARE TOO WEAK TO ACQUIRE SUCH OPULENCE!

This thread has provided me with many lulz. Thank you OP for eviscerating the Geek Chic crowd, and thank you random Anons who tried defending this dumb bullshit.

We know this is you OP

Crown Royal bags are practically a staple of tabletop gaming. I'm looking at mine right now.

I snagged mine from work, which was loading out a concert.
Eric Church drinks a shit ton, I'm surprised I found only the one bag.

sunglasses bag; the sunglasses long since lost

YOUR THANKS IS THE HIGHEST REWARD...

...ALMOST AS HIGH AS THIS GUY'D HAVE TO BE TO NOT CASH IN THESE LEATHER CHARACTER SHEET FOLDERS FOR ONLY $24.95! HI SHITPOSTER, BILLY MAGE HERE! FEELING ASS-BLASTED THAT SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH YOU ABOUT YOUR DUMB SHIT? WELL KEEP SPENDING MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE ON RETARDED THINGS YOU DON'T NEED TO BOLSTER A FALSE SENSE OF WORTH! THESE LEATHER FOLDERS WILL GO GREAT WITH YOUR PUTRID, STAINED XXXL BLACK COTTON T-SHIRT AND EDGY VIDEO GAME CHARACTER TATTOOS!!!!

That looks dumb.

That looks useful. Dice need to be kept in something. Pocket works, but keeping them in a bag is always nice.

That looks dumb.

That looks useful. Like, I want that for my luggage.

That looks dumb.

That looks novel and silly. I'd probably wear it to something equally novel and silly.

Some of those are good, some aren't. T-shirts shouldn't have too many words on them, or at least the words shouldn't get small.

I'd wear those casually.

Those look pink. Kind of nice, I guess.

Those look neat. I wish I had enough disposable income to get novelty dice like that.

Tried keeping one of these, but forgot to update it regularly. I'd be a terrible adventurer.

That looks neat.

That looks dumb.

That looks useful.

YES, GREAT REVIEWS ALL AROUND! ANOTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMER! SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE READY TO MOVE ON TO SOME ******PREMIUM****** MERCHANDISE! DO YOU REMEMBER FIREFLY?!!? DID YOU EVEN WATCH FIREFLY?? OF COURSE YOU DID, YOU'RE NO FILTHY OUTSIDER CASUAL YOU ARE HARDCORE, INSIDE TRACK, TRUE NERD SINCE DAY ONE OF WHEN IT BECAME TRENDY TO BE GEEKY! THIS POCKET WATCH YOU WILL NEVER USE BECAUSE YOU ALREADY USE A REAL WATCH BUT MORE OFTEN YOU JUST USE YOUR PHONE FEATURES ICONIC LINES FROM YOUR FAVORITE FIREFLIES! BIG DAMN HEROES! SHINY! AIM TO MISBEHAVE! KAYLEE GETS ALL LUBED UP, AND MORE!

Nice try, newfriend

hnnnggggg...I gotta have it!