That one card you love that's completely useless thanks to Synchro/XYZ/Pendulum/Links

>That one card you love that's completely useless thanks to Synchro/XYZ/Pendulum/Links
Why did this game have to get ruined so hard

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Shiranui
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Shiranui_Style_Swallow's_Slash
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Shiranui_Spiritmaster
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/PSY-Framelord_Omega
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mezuki
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vendread
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off, XYZ Dragon Cannon was shit before all the new extra deck mechanics. It has literally never seen competitive play ever.

Fuck me did you get laughed out of the YGO thread on Veeky Forums so you came here to bitch instead?

malice doll of demise

Was also never good. Why are you both so bad at this game?

Pretty much anything that uses Polymerization has been completely useless since Synchros

Is Polymerization even used anymore?
There's, like, a fuckload of different ways to Fusion Summon without it nowadays.

You have literally not played since Synchros. Decks like Fluffals unironically use Polymerization and manage to get tops in nipland.

Holy shit. All of you are whiny faggots who know nothing about this game but are content to sit here and bitch about
>MUH WHITE AND BLACK CARDS RUIN EVERYTHING
You are like the fags who go on /vp/ and complain about how everything after red and blue version is shit. I'm fucking out of here, maybe next time give shit a chance and do your homework before you complain.

Oh also, for what it's worth? Thousand-Eyes Restrict has been banned for over a fucking decade. He only just became legal play recently, you fuck.

Man Eater Bug was always fun to use.

I don't know if it's still any good with all the weird bullshit getting released now. Last I heard, all of the Knights of the Round table were getting cards, only using their welsh names for no fucking reason.

Fluffals rely on poly and they're a pretty good deck

Yeah, but couldn't you use shit like pic related and get the same effect?

It's much worse since fluffals can't spam main deck monsters out on to the field, which fusion sub requires, nearly as good as they can draw 3 or 4 more materials to use from hand, Plus cards like pic specifically search only poly

Sub requires monsters to be on the field, you can't use any in your hand.

also OP is a retard casual who is complaining about changes to the game despite not having played it since he was a kid

The game hasn't been good since 2008

Can't Fluffals use Fusion gate? Or do they do good stuff in the graveyard? I haven't played the game in like two years. I only played online since the decks I liked were like $300 and I don't like spending that kind of money on cards that'll get banned next format.

Fusion Gate is fucking trash.

You are fucking trash.

>I don't like spending that kind of money on cards that'll get banned next format
So play a casual T3 deck that will never get banned. That's what I do. You can clean up at locals with it without ever touching the top tier decks that are banlist bait.

>nostalgiafags complaining about changes to games they don't play

Why is this allowed?

Fusion Gate is bad user. Banishing your own shit in newgioh is a horrible idea in most decks, also because it's a field it's easily removed where as polymerization has to be negated which is MUCH harder.

Fluffals can fusion summon using their graveyard. Fusion Gate is a bad card.

Bull shit. Fusions have never been better.

Why, exactly? It accomplishes the same thing, only catch is dying to MST before you can use it. Or is that the problem? Last I checked MST was limited.
I wasn't smart enough when I played the game to build a decent deck that wasn't a ton of money. Best time I ever had cleaning house at locals was when dark worlds were the big thing and Treeborn was new. Friend lent me a monarch deck and I went 5-0. I was like 10 at the time. By the time I had the critical thinking skills and whatnot, I was out of the age where my parents would buy me shit on a whim, so I was budget limited. None of that impacts the fact that a lot of the people at my lgs were total fucking tryhards in every weekly locals tournament. It just got to the point where I couldn't be assed to come up with an anti-meta or budget gimmick deck that could play decently against them and I picked up a different hobby entirely after Shadolls, space jews, Dante's Inferno and Nekroz ritual fapping took over. Doesn't hurt that decision when a lot of my friends quit at the same time for varying reasons.
See that makes sense. I figured it was something like that. I legitimately didn't know why it was bad. Just seemed like an infinite poly if you didn't mind banishing and occasionally getting hosed by MST.

>completely useless thanks to Synchro/XYZ/Pendulum/Links
90% of cards made useless because of those were useless before them too. Your pic included.

>Last I checked MST was limited
MST is unlimited, it has been for years. Also it sucks now, we have better cards. This game is MUCH different than you remember.

If you want to give it a shot again, do so now. It's the best time to learn because Links JUST came out so everyone is learning. You won't get another chance like this for a long time.

>Shadolls, space jews, Dante's Inferno and Nekroz ritual fapping took over.
>Bitching about the most fun meta we've ever had
Bruh

I was an awful yugioh player, and I blame my closest friends for that.

I'm not really interested, but it's good to know. Maybe I'll load up devpro or dueling network and try it out.
I played online during that meta and it was decent. I really played because I like the concept of Qlipoth (the actual Jewish kabbalah monsters) and the cards were good. I stopped playing after they got hit with the banlist and I didn't feel like adapting because I'm lazy as all hell.

Dueling Network is dead. They got hit with a cease and desist order. Get ygopro.

It's automated so it'll teach you how to play anyway, which is good.

>I like the concept of Qlipoth (the actual Jewish kabbalah monsters)
Oh man that lore went full circle. You should read the entire duel terminal story line, Infernoids are cool as shit and pick up where the space Jews left off. I love my Infernoids and still play them to this day.

>C&D
RIP. Not like it matters, the game not being automated with card logic, rulings and automating the trivialities of play on top of the clunky client makes me not mourn the loss. I was already using ygopro, My friends called it devpro for whatever reason.

I wish Dueling Network had worked like Cockatrice, since that client was actually decent if you're not automating every play, but I suppose that's a bit more necessary for Magic.

>Not automating rulings and logic
I should specify that this was a bad thing largely because the community was full of absolute retards who didn't know the rules or were needlessly pedantic.
Is the lore actually good? It might be worth a read even if I don't care to play anymore.

>My friends called it devpro for whatever reason.
Devpro is an entirely different simulator, your friends are weird.
>Is the lore actually good?
If you like weeb shit and anime tier escalation, yes. I loved it. It was cool to see how it went start to finish.

I liked the E heroes.

Were Elemental heroes the first decent fusion archetype? They're the first ones I can remember being halfway playable. Before them, fusions were almost always -2s at best, required playing bad cards, had very little support and on top of that, the outputs weren't good either unless you went for something like Thousand-Eyes, Black Skull Dragon or some other meme monster. Dark Paladin was good but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Then E-Heroes came out and got fusion support. Monsters were good for more than one thing and they toolboxed reasonably well. Gladiator's came after, right? It seems to me that Synchro and Xyz were largely just retools of the fusion mechanic to make it less crippling and more versatile, but I think it power creeped the game as a result.

I miss old Ritual monsters that weren't part of an archetype, namely Reliniqushed, Demise and Shinato.

>lore
Does every archtype have lore or just the ones used by the main character and his support circle?

Duel terminal archetypes are the only ones that get real lore. Other archetypes have brief lore, including the main character ones.

I love the tale of the army man and his gay lizard.

> the game hasn't been good since 2004
Ftfy

>playing a game where every card has 20 lines of tiny text in its undersized textbox
Why.jpg

Because it's better than MTG.
>Playing a game where the paywall for entry is thousands of dollars because the company refuses to reprint shit
Why.bmp

Haven't played since my freshman year of college, but are zombies still decent? I use to sweep the cafeteria in high school, but then I came across my downfall. The That Guy of Yugioh... The kid who wouldn't let me read his three paragraph long pendulum card effects, but expected me to understand everything they did.

The era of the game that stretched from Cyber Dragon to Stardust Dragon was my favourite. Effects and combos, various strategies; the game required skill and knowledge to build a deck, and wasn't so hideously broken yet.

First wave Synchros were okay but everything after that went fucking nuts. RIP.

>paywall exists for eternal formats
>Casual formats don't exist
>Neither does standard
>Your investment value drops like a fucking stone if Konami doesn't jerk off your archetype for the next banlist
Honestly, fuck those people. Should've told him to pound sand if he wasn't going to let you read and understand the rules.

Destiny Board

MST has been around since the third set though.

Did fluffals survive links? I was looking at them near the start of the year but held off because of links.

Zombie Master was never good.
Treeborn Frog is great right now. He's a Link enabler.
>>paywall exists for eternal formats
Which are the only good formats
>>Casual formats don't exist
Fuck casual formats
>>Neither does standard
Standard is a fucking joke. The card pool is always laughable and buying a new deck every couple months is NOT cheap
>>Your investment value drops like a fucking stone if Konami doesn't jerk off your archetype for the next banlist
Not if you play a T2 or T3 deck.

oh good. they brought my favorite card back to prominence in service of the worst thing Konami have thought of outside of the inevitable SHADOW REALM(TM) pachinco machine.

>outside of the inevitable SHADOW REALM(TM) pachinco machine.
user your power level is showing. The shadow realm is only a thing in the TCG, in the OCG (nipland) you just fucking die.

Also fuck you, Links are necessary. This game got to a point where the meta was "make an unbreakable board as fast as possible". That's a fucking problem and Links stop it.

That said, they need to print more Links before I can consider them "good". The current ones are ass.

Jesus, calm down, no reason to be so defensive.
Competetive ygo is laughable, if your only evaluation of a card is its powerlevel no strings attached you are a textbook spike and Konami is honestly a good deal worse as a company than WotC.
The complains you see in this deck are not about the viability of cards itself but rather the redundancy that exists in yugioh based on a hillarious powercreep.

>Konami is honestly a good deal worse as a company than WotC.
Not him, but that's a good joke user. I play MTG and honestly I'm jealous of yugibabies.

then you did not read into it enough.
I want to add im not defending WotC, they did/do a lot of trashy things.
However the next 2 years look very promising, i cant wait to be horribly dissapointed.

my magician survived pretty well, but my ebon illusion and dark paladin got fucked over big time.

so yeah because everyone I play with hates links, unless we are playing with a link deck, we are going to ignore this new mechanic

WotC is consistently shit but Konami literally cares not one bit about the balance of the game. At the very least WotC attempts to balance it. Bans in YGO aren't for balance, they are to push the new meta

>However the next 2 years look very promising, i cant wait to be horribly dissapointed.
Here here.

Dude fuck the balance argument, neither game is balanced. I'd rather cast my lot in with Konami because at least they fucking reprint shit regularly. Complain about bans in YGO all you want, it's still much cheaper than any competitive MTG format.

> neither game is balanced
Balancing a game 100% is difficult but to say mtg is as unbalanced as yugioh is just objectively wrong.

yu-gi-oh decks are cheaper in comparison because most cards age like shit. this is because the constant powercreep makes only the most busted or the newest cards desireable.
Because of this spending your money for ygo is to pay for the privilege to play the game, not much more.
In magic you at least have some backup as cards tend to hold their value longer/only go up in value

Only from a very ignorant perspective is yugioh cheaper than magic.

>yu-gi-oh decks are cheaper in comparison because most cards age like shit.
Bull shit. Magic cards age like shit too unless they are broken as fuck in eternal formats.

You obviously know nothing about YGO, YGO is cheaper on average because expensive cards ALWAYS get reprinted in easier to pull product eventually. Good cards on release typically cost $40-$70 If they are secret rares, if they stay legal which MOST do, they just get reprinted in a tin or something and that destroys the value.

Honestly I wish MTG had the same system. The reserved list is fucking retarded, and I don't really wanna pay $50 each for Crucible of Worlds or $40 each for Dark Depths. And those aren't even reserved list cards.

Holding value better or not, you cannot honestly believe MTG is reasonably affordable even if you are well off. I do very well at my job, and despite HAVING the disposable income, see the investment in MTG cards in terms of price vs how much the game costs at entry level to be ridiculous. Most eternal formats cost THOUSANDS to play competitively, and Standard is worse than YGO. In YGO the banlist only mangles your deck if your deck is on top, so if you play a lower tier deck you can use it in multiple formats usually. In MTG? They literally FORCE you to buy a new deck every format.

While not meta Shiranui are decent and annoying.
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Shiranui
They're zombies that focus on synchro and being banished.
The most common combo is using this trap yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Shiranui_Style_Swallow's_Slash
and sending this yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Shiranui_Spiritmaster to the grave to pop 3 cards of your opponent.
This yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/PSY-Framelord_Omega is in every zombie deck since along with yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mezuki is a free zombie revive every turn. Multiple revives if you have multiples.
Other zombie decks are Skull Servants and Vampires but they arent really decent.

just to recap what you said:
> good magic cards hold their value, this makes the game more expensive
>good yu gi oh cards do not hold their value, however they are easier to accquire
> In yugioh, as long as you are not playing a T1 deck the expense is fine

Ok, so if i want to play competetively I should not build T1 because it is way too expensive in the longrun.

I do agree that the entry cost of magic is ridiculous for eternal formats, however the fact that the money is not paid for the privilge to play but rather the product itself is a huge difference.
It basically means that a large portion of your investment will be returned.
Also, check out some of the cards that were 40-70$ in yugioh and see how their price drops once they are no longer meta. there are some jack-of-all-trades cards that can just go into every deck but aside from those ther powercreep just guarantees you hold a worthless piece of cardboard in your hand after some time.

There's also a TCG zombie archetype currently coming out. yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vendread
Zombie type rituals that gain effects by tributing their monsters while on the field.

>It basically means that a large portion of your investment will be returned.
I would rather pay $300 for a deck and get $150 back than pay $2000 for a deck and get $2000 back.

I would rather lose the hundred bucks than sink thousands into easily damaged cardboard I will be shuffling and slapping on a table as an "investment".

Especially with no matter how well I take care of my cards, double sleeving and being very protective, I HAVE to let my opponent cut my deck. And in my experience? 75% of the sweaty neckbeards on the other side of the table don't just cut your deck, they pick it up and fucking shuffle it themselves and they ALWAYS manhandle and treat my cards roughly. I've had multiple cards damaged that way and nobody ever holds them responsible for it.

I play MTG casually, just EDH because of how expensive the game is, and even then both my EDH decks are worth about $500 each. I'll stick with YGO for competitive play thanks, at least there I only lose a little money which is fine because it only cost a small bit for entry level anyway.

Whoa calm down dudes.
As a mostly casual player all I see is that like 70% of YGO players are assholes, but those who aren't are mostly great people, and only about 30% of MtG players are cunts but only about 15% are great people, the rest are okay-ish.

That's actually surprisingly accurate. I've met way more bros playing YGO but also way more cuts.

Breakdown kinda goes like this:
>MTG
-Cool Guys are usually older, 30s or 40s, probably dads. Usually really nice and normal.
-Cunts are usually fat try hard neckbeards. They smell really bad and think they are hot shit because they have expensive cardboard. Never so much as touched a female.
Okay-ish types: Usually just socially awkward younger guys, not very good at the game but are reasonably pleasant. May have slight autism.

>YGO
-Cool guys are typically mid 20s, reasonably chill dudes who just loved the game since they were kids and stuck with it.
-Cunts are usually teenagers being bred to be future pedophiles or neckbeards in training, autism is very rampant
-Okay-ish types really don't exist. They are usually one extreme or the other.

>cuts
cunts

Hey im not trying to convert you or anything, i am simply stating the opposition.
I also think your numbers are a bit scewed, you dont have to pay 1000+$ in every eternal format, modern is of course comparatively cheap but I dont want to sugarcoat it.
You can start out with 1 deck in an eternal format and stick with it because it is, well, eternal. The metagame changes slower here and at a certain point the upkeep of your deck is based on new cards (never a huge investment).
Compare this to the everchanging, ban-dictated meta in yugioh and you easily have your 1000$ investment, just spread out.
People misstreating your cardboards is mostly bound to the lgs you go to or the area you live in.I too would want more enforcement on hygiene and general manners at the stores but this is besides the point right now.
The EDH decks are most likely the typical arms race with the lands.
honestly, EDH is the most fun on a similar powerlevel and if you can all just keep that down, the investment will stay low aswell.

>I too would want more enforcement on hygiene
Why are people who play TCGs so fucking gross?

dunno.
maybe a lack of selfawareness and detachment from reality influenced by their fantasy-baseed hobbies?

Or an interest in problemsolving and math that takes the place of basic human decency and social behaviour.

>tfw Mtg okay-ish guy

How do I become the cool guy

>REEEEEEE xyz synchro killed the game
No extra monster can beat pic-related. Prove me the fuck wrong, nostalgiafags

>decide to get a little nostalgic and emulated The Eternal Duelist Soul
>normal monsters with below 1000 atk and def
>lv6 monsters with lower atk and def than lv4 monsters
>Fusion monsters are fucking useless and have lower atk and def than some lv6 normal monsters
>man eater bug, penguin soldier and hane-hane at three copies each
>EVERYONE has Pot of Greed, Monster Reborn, Raigeki, Dark Hole and Grateful Charity
>Mirror Force fucks up everything for everyone forever
>I can get by just by choosing the highest atk and def low level normal monsters with some magic and trap cards for support
>I end up winning a bunch of duels using Ring of Destruction
Yu-Gi-Oh has never not been broken, it is part of the fun. Stop being nostalgic.

Get your autism in check, get a decent job, and wife up a soccer mom in-training who supports your hobbies and wants to pop out a few babies. You'll become either the cool guy or the neckbeard if you keep playing. There is no in-between.

I mean I hate nostalgiafags too, but there are multiple extra deck monsters that can't be destroyed and just run Master the fuck over.

Fucking thank you. People need to take off their rose colored glasses.

most people played ygo when they were young.
Children dont care about balance, you want your blue eyes white dragon even tough it sucks, you make the epic plays and your deck is a huge pile of all the biggies you control.

The nostalgia comes from the fact that yu gi oh was young when you were young.

Also, do you remember " one summon and one card draw a turn"? That was the original flavour of the game.
Today, yu gi oh has a more distinct identity with the problem that it is not the identity a lot of people remember.

>one summon and one card draw a turn"?
Bull shit. Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, Monster Reborn, Card of Safe Return, Dimension Fusion, Return from the Different Dimension, Card Destruction, Morphing Jar, Premature Burial, etc... are all old as shit cards and let you go past that.

On my schoolyard everyone had fucking 3 pot of greed and 3 monster reborn for fucks sake.

Oh yeah Beelze can kill him but that doesn't stop the nigga getting Casteled/101'd/return to hand

yes, on ours too, but the difference between summoning a relatively big creature and summoning a small novel that Does everything on its own is noticeable.
Personally, i also dislike the decision of flavourtext limited to normal monsters.

>Personally, i also dislike the decision of flavourtext limited to normal monsters
Where the fuck are they supposed to fit it on most effect monsters? You know YGO cards are smaller than MTG ones right?

Most fun deck in a while.

I'm floored that their field spell is still at 3.

It's not tier 1 anymore on TCG so why would they limit it.

It's doing very well in OCG though because Extra Deck spam got BTFO'd by link format.

>It's not tier 1 anymore on TCG so why would they limit it.
It's not so much unbelievable as surprising. They make a great cheap good pet deck, Konami would usually hit something that was on top like them.

you can be destroyed by five headed dragon, a fusion needing 5 dragon cards, they can easily get put out by using dragon mirror.

5000 vs 2950 attack your card is dead

and why does everyone complain about balance so much, I mean sure its annoying but its just a social game. your supposed to have fun

you set some weird axioms, dude.
the cards are smaller and thats why there is no flavourtext? come on now, the size of your cardboard was not divinely laid upon you.

And i maybe wanted to indirectly further critizise the ridiculous complexity of effect monsters in yugioh.
something like was the top-most upper limit and you had 1 or maybe 2 different cards that had 2+ effects, but that just got more common the more cards have been released.

It's not. Standard is cheaper than yugioh.

Master Peace is can pop five-headed you retard. Learn to read.

>Standard is cheaper than yugioh.
Good joke. My T3 YGO deck has lasted me multiple formats and cost me like $200 with minimal upkeep. In standard I would never be able to do that.

If you don't play the game why even try to talk about it as if you know what you're doing?

most people consider fair games fun.
It does not need perfect balance, perfect balance is a myth anyway, but to interact with your opponent, also known as playing the game, is something most people want when they play the game.

>t3

When I say standard is cheaper, i'm talking about the top decks of each format.

>the ridiculous complexity of effect monsters in yugioh.

It only seems that way because konami refuses to use keywords. The effects are usually pretty simple.

>Playing the top deck
The difference here is you don't need to be a tryhard in YGO to top locals.

same is true for magic.
And for both games, if someone brings a tier one deck you will probably loose if they know what they are doing, this is not bound to one card game or the other.

>And i maybe wanted to indirectly further critizise the ridiculous complexity of effect monsters in yugioh.
Old MTG cards are WAAAAAAY more complex than any YGO card. YGO cards just have a lot of words to explain basic effects in lieu of keywords.

Fucking try and explain banding to me, in full, without writing a paragraph.

You're just proving my point. It's cheaper to play a lower tier deck in YGO than MTG Standard. You have to rotate that deck out in MTG, in YGO you don't. You just adjust your side for the new meta and maybe pick up one or two new cards, if any.

>implying you need to tryhard to top your fnm

I do play, maybe not every day admittedly but often enough.

but I don't see anyone else trying to answer so lets try again, if that does not work then why not use big eye, take control of the monster. and you would tribute a XYZ to negate this,

okay, thanks for the answer

Because Master Peace is going to fucking pop Big Eye as soon as he hits the field. You need an ED monster that is destruction immune.

Also again, you didn't fucking read. Master Peace can make himself immune to effects.

Holy shit you're right, all these top players just don't know what they're doing, you should go top a YCS user, since you clearly know so much about the game.

only if he tributes those monsters type, so to do so, he would need to tribute a normal monster, a trap, a XYZ, a fusion and so on.

no need for sarcasm

If you really think a monster having high attack is enough to play it, you don't know shit about the game. Removal is extremely common, summoning a monster with high attack doesn't do shit.

>so to do so, he would need to tribute a normal monster, a trap, a XYZ, a fusion and so on.
You're retarded. No, that's not how it works. If he tributes a monster he is immune to ALL monsters.