/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
Griffin it in style, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: >> 54626126
==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-07-31 - Still getting worked on & now has 14474 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-07-30!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a15M75IMkrA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hold ha butte ha

Davion best house.

What's your favorite Davion mech?

The Timber Wolf.

Who Commando here?

>not the Mad Cat IV
>not the Hellstar
>not the Dire Wolf

What are you, some sort of Outback pleb?

It's alright. I love the SRM combo.

But I prefer the Valkyrie. I love being able to bring LRMs into play.

Damn right. Commandos are great, though I like the MML ones in later eras the most.

>liking those fag mechs
Real Davions use the noble Mad Cat and like it. If it was good enough for Hanse Davion, it's good enough for you.

I really like the commando. I especially like the commando in conjunction with a light PPC trooper, at first Panthers, but later Toros overtook them
Though recently I've developed a HUGE boner for mixing Toros, Commandos and Valks

Do you make up your own variants, or do you just run the SW era one?

Commandos are pretty good. I think I'd rather they were 2x SRM4 and 2x ML so you can run a bin of inferno and a bin of regular ammo.

>MMLs
Speaking my language, user. Fuck yeah Battle Magic.

How often do you remake Comanndos with Clan tech?

>I think I'd rather they were 2x SRM4 and 2x ML
thats a definite improvement

How can you not like Fafnir?

Small tits are better than giant ones.

Dude, how can you not like bitchtits?

SAY SAT TO MAYU FAISU, NOT ONRINE, FAGGOT

Does someone have images of the new Flea, galahad and banshee from that compilation TRO?

>Small tits are better than giant ones.

Yet another pedofile in the battletech fandom. How many of you human diseases are there?

Fuck you. If you like any tits smaller than a D cup you're a pedo. Die in a literal fire.

Hey hey hey now, liking smaller tits doesn't make one a pedo. DFC degenerates are the real evil here. Plus my gf is Asian and only has C cups so I don't want to be a lolicon.

>C cups
>asian gf

Fuck off and die pedo.

You too.

Is the new core rules out as a book yet?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I guess I have to kill myself then. I cannot suffer a pedo to live.

first for highlander

>"as long as we're posting tits they may as well be BT relevant tits" bump

Last one I can put on a blue board.

Which book are you talking about? Assuming you meant as a physical book, if the Campaign Companion, yes. If the Battlemech Manual, no.

I need input on a protomech I made. Super heavy quad protos get two main gun slots on their back turret, right? How does that effect machine gun arrays, are they one unit? Is it legal to put two 3-gun arrays in a SH proto turret?

MGs and arrays are the same in terms of space as mechs, but protomechs don't require MG arrays to be in one location. So you could put two MGs in the main gun with the actual array slot in the body.

>it's a "britcucks stick U's in words that don't need or have them" episode

Toss another one on the pile. This one is by request.

You guys are kinda dumb dumb when you get randy.

>blonde
these should all be Steiner

If real life militaries can have pin-ups why can't we? It's a time-honored tradition.

Steiner doesn't have a monopoly on blonde chicks, user. Just 80 ton scouts.

Yeah, they're cool and all, but... what's the point of spamming like , or sad po-faces like ?

Besides, image spam isn't good thread conduct. Let's make slow, healthy threads rather than fast cancer threads.

Well I only posted one of those; I was just commenting that in my opinion, pin-ups are nice. I can see where you're coming from though. It'd have been nice if some of those posts had some additional content (discussion, questions, etc). They could also at least stick some faction logos or something on the real-life broads to make them tangentially related.

I kinda wish the FedSuns had more of a French tilt to it.

Yeah. Let's try to make better pinups, not just plop tits on the table and call it a day.

I try, though I know I can't please everyone and I don't make new ones very often. Still try to have some standards though.

It does. It's just a 15th Century French tilt, like their 15th Century English tilt.

I don't see it.

Their entire knightly schtick is geared around the Hundred Years War era duct taped to the myth of King Arthur. Like the drac samurai are geared around the Warring States Era.

All the extra frenchy Fedsuns worlds are nice and comfy in the Crucis March too, so while they power a great deal of the realm's wealth, they don't get much attention from an invasion standpoint.

All the references to nobility, 'mechwarriors as future knights? You overlooked all that?

>nobility
>knights
you mean all the British Arthur and Camelot stuff?

anything actually French?

You are right, really. They even use British spellings for things (ex. Marquess instead of the French Marquis).

So they're French inasmuch as the British are. Which is a little.

What part of Hundred Years War + Arthur do you not understand?

This was when the French and the English were tied at the hip, when Normandy was English.

Especially all the references to MOUNTED knights in that era is supremely French compared to the English who largely preferred to fight on foot.

There were French knights user, knighthood and landed nobility aren't uniquely Anglo concepts.

If you read the SBs, it does.

If you read the novels, it's SPACE MURRICA FUCK YEAR though.

Since the novels completely ignore everything aside from a few Arthurian trappings and the SBs never actually do anything with the supposed French stylings, it doesn't really come through.

>Captcha: INTERDICT SALE

Indeed. All hail the wisdom of the Blessed Blake.

They mirror Britain in other ways. Breaking from the Catholic church and having their own head priest.

Neat when you think about it.

oh lol that is true user

To be fair, almost none of the interesting worlds and cultures get talked about in Battletech even when you're taken to that location. Like when you see Arkab totally fucked in the Dark Age, none of the defenders or thousands of corpses are talked about like they were Azami.

>that bubba that farts in his turret over the open comms

It all rams into the wall of author competence and courage. Everything in the setting is tied in some way to American mindsets and worldviews of the eras they were written in, even the science fiction and technological advances of the times, because there was no singular guiding author's hand in the mix. Just a number of different authors either inconfidently attempting to write about different vistas, or then authors who gave up and directly wrote of what they knew.

I'll add that authors who can thoroughly disassociate from their base of life experience and create a lasting, robust mythology of thier own are few. The popular Game of Thrones world is entertaining and convincing, but at the same time a shallow americanization of what is essentially an earlier series of french literature. Tolkien established a very thoroughly matured, long-rooted mythology, but even in his second creation could not make difference from his life experiences, the long and passionate study of history, and the surroundings and tales of his childhood. To quote; "All the “great secrets" under the mountain had turned out to be just empty night: there was nothing more to find out, nothing worth doing, only nasty furtive eating and resentful remembering."

Well we get to see the world's best culture, that of the Scots.

It's more that some of the authors read like a five page primer on the universe and never even read the sourcebooks. Some really suspect plotlines aside, stuff like the Jihad books proved that they can pay attention to the details when they want to.

Different authors and different ways to approach a fictional universe, some just read a primer as you said and go full tilt on their own stuff, like that one writer that made Bounty Hunter snuff film making serial killer.

Then you have some writers that read alot of the stories that happened before and make references to past events in universe that fans might get.

But in the end it comes down how good the author writing the story is and if they can tell a good story.

>these should all be Steiner

The Calderons are blondes. Janice Calderon is explicitly so. Likewise, Kym Sorenson is very explicitly called out as being beautiful with blonde hair and ice-blue eyes.

>what's the point of spamming

Pretty sure somebody got defensive about and started posting large-breasted women to help disguise their own pedophilic tendencies and/or ridiculous insecurity. Note that all the IRL women who got posted have giant racks.

As long as this isn't a regular common thing, I certainly don't mind BattleTit dumps every dozen threads or so. It's convenient to get all of the pinup images posted every once in a while, since the user who does them doesn't post them regularly.

>Kym Sorenson is very explicitly called out as being beautiful with blonde hair and ice-blue eyes.

A lot of people forget the Sorensons are from Wrasslehog . Don't forget all the blonde Davions too. Aaron Sandoval, Julian, etc.

Burrs

>Bears playing defense
>Not just attacking and walking all over whoever

I guess this really is a post-Ben era.

Anybody know the source for the pinups in either of these?

What is the flame spewing mech on the left?
Also great work.

That's an old school Executioner. Nice to see some of the stonefaces getting modern art.

Is it a Executioner H?

Maybe it's a P with its plasma cannon.

If that left arm is firing autocannon rounds, the right arm matched the heavy laser, so it's probably an H.

You know, I always thought heavy lasers were garbage until I took a Madcat H. Those things are vicious with a clan pilot to help offset their penalties. The heat management reminds me of a lot of those balls to the wall succession wars designs too.

... you do know that's a quote about Gollum and not the Professor, right? If yoy want to read his autobiographical fiction, read 'Leaf by Niggle'.

Awwww, do you need a tissue and hug?

You read into what you want, I'll read into what I want. But do not presume to cross the road.

Only for my tears of joy. Nah, Ben's a good enough guy but fuck the bears.

In soviet rasalhague, bear fucks you!

youtube.com/watch?v=a15M75IMkrA

Augh woah fuck jesus do not want. Those snapping ripping sounds... need an adult...

be careful, you bring up things like TRO 3039 around here and you'll trigger folks hard

this play is like a self-imposed penal colony for exiles from the OF.