What is this and what's happening here?

What is this and what's happening here?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/SkyrealmsofJoruneArchive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have no idea. Does anyone have any info on this game? It's ancient, isn't it?

There used to be ads for it in old Dragon magazines. That's all I know. Look at the touching scene, though. So tender.

You are on planet Jorune with some alien races and ancient lasers etc. that can kill anything. Also magic. Artwork is very good, backgrounds too. But I never played it.

Ritual of healing, I think.
>Skyrealms
the landscape has floating rocks, some of which are quite large
Humans and a bunch of "I have no idea" other PC and NPC races.
Loosely inspired by Silverberg's Majipoor, I think.

Recent adaption. Not as helpful as all that.

>Majipoor
boy that brings back memories

It's one of those rpgs that decided to make up a language to use and use as shitton of it for jargon in lieu of regular words like "magic".

I mean Tekumel has a reputation (wholly undeserved) for being impenetrable but Jorune deserves it imo.

>Tekumel has a reputation (wholly undeserved) for being impenetrable but Jorune deserves it imo.
Tekumel is a progenitor of the "exotic apostrophe", but otherwise keeps the language immersion to a low roar.
Jorune decided to go full retard on the invented languages.

Even the people who played in MAR Barker's original campaign didn't use the language much outside of some one-off props.
Tekumel's reputation for being "exotic" really just comes down to two factors.
One is the crowd who "manage" the IP after Barker's death who really wanted to make it as retardedly unusable as possible for the longest time. (there are plenty of stories there about them trying to mangle the setting into being more politically useful for their own grandstanding and shit, one of Barker's original players Chirine washed his hands of it over shit like that)
The second is people being unused to the idea of society downright facilitating certain kinds of evil people (as most all of Tekumel's society consists of to various degrees), the collectivist tribal view that you represent your clan and not yourself for the most part and the existence of genuine social strata that don't intermix are fairly alien to the Americans it was being marketed at.

Bump. There's bound to be a Jorune-fag around who can explain this shit to us. We just gotta keep this thread up until he arrives to bless us with his weird 90s RPG wisdom.

>weird 90s RPG
Jorune's a weird 80s RPG, man.

I am also interested in this madness

That is inconnu as fuck.

The System Mastery dudes reviewed this, for people interested in hearing about it.

Here is an archive with probably all of the Skyrealms of Jorune books:

archive.org/details/SkyrealmsofJoruneArchive

Pretty interesting setting, would love to try it

Eh. It was worth a shot.

Thanks, that's helpful. Where to start reading for beginners?

>Page 2 of the Sholari (GM) Guide:
>"Go slowly on filling challisks with copras. Drenn have a quota of only 5 copra marks per year that they can make. Muadra-Dreen are restricted to only 1 per year. Any Drenn who marks a tauther's challisk is weighing this tauther against others, and is thinking about the consequences to his own reputation."

Jesus, this game really throws you in the deep end from day 1.

This is about the quest to become a citizen isn't it?

yup