Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Starfinder leaks are here! Does anyone want to start up a game with the Starfinder CRB + First Contact? What kind of game do you want to run? How will you play your space kitsune, space catfolk, and space PoW initiators?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/story-feats/fearless-zeal-story
pastebin.com/59TB4b3d
youtube.com/watch?v=3SSzuDZ58z0
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/raging-hulk/
paizo.com/threads/rzs2ugw7&page=1?Mathdriven-rules-changes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gods speed Leakanon, you're making the Emperor proud!

Space OD/ZS when??

I am probably going to just run some quick one offs with my friends at first, currently GMing one campaign and I'm not that good as to GM two.

Update your Kitsune OP!

Android Mystic doctor who got Black Lagooned into being a mercenary. If you fucks are going to go crazy at least do it right!

Who's ready to live the 90s and run an Outlaw Star campaign in SF

After a year of hiatus, my friend want to try another Pathfinder campaign, starting with one-shotted to get us back on our feet.

The problem is... I forgot all the rule...
I knew I want to try Goliath Druid but what else should I know about it?

Like if I wild shape into a Rock Troll, I don't get Regeneration right? Do I need to carry a Large weapon with me before I transform?

Teach me how to Goliath Druid senpai. We're playing at level 7 for this one-shot btw.

It's probably the best way to justify someone making a Martial character in a Ranged Universe now.

However, how will you stay spaceship sized axe?

Highlights from tonight's game session:
>Be orc
>Wonder why tribe won't rape the menfolk too, get weird looks when I bring it up
>Taking over fort, owned by some weird cult
>10/10 bear giving out drinks
>Invited to indulge on the tributes
>Reach for 10/10 man
>Get glares
>Even from him
>Spaghetti.tapestry
>Make a half-hearted excuse and pretend to take one of the women to a tent
>Actually just have a conversation with her. Nice lady, for a weird cultist

Being cool is justification enough. The last thing I would want to hear is someone complaining why I am choping someone to bits with an energy axe while I'm being shot at.

Until we have full Starship rules I'd just take the takes of an axe and multiply them by like 50.

I'm more concerned about how one stats up the mighty Ctral Ctral

Orcs need to be exterminated, desu

Probably just an Elf.

Humanoid with Shapechanger subtype
DR [a lot]/Magic
Immunity to fire
Gigantic racial bonuses to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution
Dire tiger form, as Beast Shape IV

And that's just for starters.

Racial Weakness: Needs to eat like fucking Goku not to just keel over from hunter.

I'm planning out a shorter game as I get information, it's usually the best way to learn a system I find since the DM gets to go wild with rules and builds.

ORCS ARE NOT FOR EXTERMINATION. ORCS ARE FOR TENDER LOVE, CUDDLES, HUGGING, KISSING & HANDHOLDING AND WIFE-ING.

Sometimes orcs are for kissing booboo's.

Breeding to extinction is still extinction.

>how can elf men even compete

Catfolk or Rakshasa Tiefling maybe?

That orc cannot fist her ass without breaking her hips.

I'm unironically looking forward to the information on the Black Hole cult in Starfinder core and Dead Suns 2. They seem to fit with the sort of style I like!

That's what magical healing is for.

By not being degenerate monsters?

what's going on with the starfinder leaks exactly?

Blame the stylings on Best Girl from the series.
They're vaguely Orky, really.
>+a shitload of con +some fun immunities
>+Some kind of skinwalker boost mode
>-Wis, -Wis again
>Feat tree to turn boost mode into tiger shape shenanigans
>Some archetypes based around being DA TOUGHEST

Leakanon has the stuff, but was feeling tuckered out-therefore, we'll be getting them tomorrow.

>he isn't the one fisting

Post fat-chested teenaged witches!

okay hope he uploads before I have to go to work

Don't say user never did anything for you.

I'm bored

YES

here's some more.

too much

Bless Eigaka and his thicc women.

And the boys who pump them full

Fatfags fuck off.

Reminder that in Obozaya's backstory, it mentions that the lizard empire owns a world inhabited by rebellious Catfolk.

Post yfw you step into the Star Port and start getting hit on by sexy Lizard+Cat tag-team.

Also, for a hard choice you originally came to the planet for the midnight release of a sick new Fighting Hologame, but going with the babes means missing out on the midnight release. Choose: ayy babes, or fighting game

it was clearly done as a joke you Mongoloid.

What are your favourite Intrigue and S&S apps and why, /pfg/?
What about your least favourite ones?

>Eigaka
That anatomy is fucked

>What are you favorite Intrigue and S&S apps
mine
>What are your least favorite
yours

Fucking disgusting.

My one regret

Is that I've already used my laughing salem gif.

And I cannot use it again.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/story-feats/fearless-zeal-story
>Goal: Die in pursuit of your faith’s goals and be brought back to life. If you die in circumstances that don’t involve your faith, you gain no benefit. If your GM permits, you can instead remain dead and create a new PC inspired by your heroic sacrifice.
>If you create a new character inspired by your previous character, the new PC receives a +2 bonus to a single ability score. This ability score can’t be one that already has a racial bonus. The new PC can later take this feat if he meets the prerequisite.

I'm surprised 2hu hasn't been autistic about this feat yet.
By simply including in your backstory that you were inspired by a martyr, you can technically start play with a free +2 to a stat of your choice without any resource expenditure - after all, you don't even have to have the feat.

I probably got a ton of characterization details wrong, but fuck it. I wanted to do this with SOMEONE'S campaign, and Ven Vinder as the captain was too obvious.
pastebin.com/59TB4b3d

youtube.com/watch?v=3SSzuDZ58z0

You can't start with story feat goals completed.

The goal is completed on an NPC in your backstory, not on yourself. :^)

Do sources of DR/- stack?
Like say you're a barbarian with a few levels in aegis?

....I am totally okay with this.

No. They're still counted as separate sources of DR and they overlap.

Not unless they SAY they do.

Like I think Adamant armor says it stacks, so it does.

Looks like Dreamscarred guys are doing SOMETHING for Starfinder, though that's no shock. PsyBomb posted an interest check for what looks like a Firefly game over on Myth Weavers and said they're putting some stuff on playtest eventually.

Blue Hand members?

Who the fuck is going to be the first DM for Starfinder?

Whens Space Mahvel

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/raging-hulk/

Not XS, she's running something mythic.

Starfinder is basically Pathfinder 2.0
They fixed most of the problems from the old CRB

The ships can have arms?

Give examples.

paizo.com/threads/rzs2ugw7&page=1?Mathdriven-rules-changes
Read all posted by Mark
They have been cooking up whole new math structure to the ruleset. This is a good example
>Playtests suggest that challenges in Starfinder do a much better job at engaging the PCs and breaking some sweats, though the greater total health from a full-health party (when counting stamina and hit points) means easy fights are still pretty unlikely to swing too wildly and kill all the PCs, especially if they are fresh. An encounter with a single enemy of equal level to one of the PCs (formerly CR=APL) remains trivial, but that's what you'd expect in a one against many if the one isn't a lot stronger; the fights that were supposed to be nail-biters but were still too easy in Pathfinder for many groups (formerly CR=APL+2 or 3) are now more appropriately interesting encounters for most groups, without being overwhelming for the weaker groups.

anyone built a legendary gunslinger yet?

Can I steal their pies before I get to the release?

/pfg/, I need ideas for a skulls and shackles character. I want to play something aquatic related, like a cavalier with a mount that has a swim speed or a summoner with some aquatic eidolon, or maybe a spellcaster focused on polymorph spells that give a swim speed. I'd like to know about more acquatic-themed options though; Lay them on me /pfg/

Merfolk with a trident or harpoon that rides a shark.

What is Dead Suns Dead Ahead? What will it be about?

Play a male pirate.

There's Oceanic Druid, which is kind of bad sadly. Also aquatic races, like Cacaelia, Merfolk (which are actually fairly good on land), Kawase's Cacaelia, etc.

An Avowed aquatic option?

How do the different rogues & rogue-likes stack up against one another?
Stalker>Legendary Rogue>Investigator>Slayer>Unchained Rogue>>Rogue
Does that sound right?

Deep Shaman isn't completely shitty, but neither is vanilla Waves Shaman. They're both good chassis to build out of.

Stalker>Legendary Rogue=Stalker-class Vigilante>Investigator=Alchemist>Slayer>Unchained Rogue>Rogue

VIVISECTIONIST alchemist, sorry.

Merfolk's tempting, but that 5 foot land speed is really rough, I dunno.

Already planning that.

Thought about druid, but the water-related archetype are pretty awful, yeah.

Never played a shaman or an avowed before, might give it some thought.

Also, for those who've played Skulls and Shackles before, without spoiling anything, how useful are sneaky skills like disguise, sleight of hand, or stealth? Would an unchained rogue do fine? Would a ninja? I'm half-tempted to do a ninja character but I feel like I'd be that weeaboo guy if I did, the kind that comes to a european-style game with a tengu samurai that uses an oversized katana.

You can get 15 feet landspeed in exchange for 30ft swim speed. I think it's worth it for those godly stats.

Rogues are always shite
Sneaky skills are like, I mean, they're not USELESS but they're not really useful.

Which are the best and worst shields?

>Be pirate campaign
>Only one character has booty

>Syphilitic_Seadog.oilpainting

As per core? The best is buckler since it's a free +1 for two-handers (and can be enchanted for more) while the worst is Tower Shield.

With 3pp, it's the reverse; the best shield is Tower Shield and the worst is Buckler.

>only one
I can count like three or four, even discounting the tentacles.

I already did that with vanilla PF and Savage Worlds.

I'll run it again though.

Best: Buckler, because you still have a hand if you need it
Worst: Tower, because who the fuck wants all those penalties
(I'm aware of a certain fighter archetype that makes them slightly less shit, but to take that you've not taken other archetypes that are actually worth having instead)

Luculeia And Rekina are really the only two with fat asses.

So how do you people stay motivated after you eventually get bam bobsledded?

Other games, other things.

Be the hero you want your characters to be.

Obviously most of Veeky Forums are edgy tryhards.

By not participating in the cancerous culture of /pfg/ games.

So we know that SF fixes a lot of shit, but what problems of the system still remain? We know they still have alignment, despite it sounding like nothing actually uses it. What else?

Are there feat taxes? Is LFQW still a thing? Bullshit multiclassing restrictions?

Hard to say since nobody has the goddamn book

Anyone else think the Azlanti Star Empire being more akin to the Byzantines is better than their former Roman assumptions?

spells only go up to level 6, so there's a cap on how far quadratic wizards can go until 9-caster splats

I seem to recall something about them adjusting the way spells scale as well, so the quadratic part just isn't as big a deal anyway. Spells don't scale as fast or as far.

I think higher level spells exist as plot elements, not for everyday use
Which makes sense. You can have an artifact that does lvl 9 spell, but space wizards dont get them naturally

>nobody has the goddamn book
Anyone who is a subscriber to the SF RPG line has the PDF.