Custom Warscroll Designer
>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/keeping-order-in-the-generals-handbook-2017/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oasis
docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for she, whose return will herald not hope, but war, and suffering on a scale none but the immortals have known.

Since every realm is connected by the realm gates, I like to imagine that the essences of the realms are also traveling between the gates.
Like, in the realm of fire you could have a vast forest surrounding a realmgate leading to the realm of life.
The further you go from such a gate, the more unlikely you are to come across such a sight, but I'd think there are still plenty of forests in the realm of fire, with most of the tree having adopted to the area. E.g. some sort of fire-resistent tree with very hard bark.
Or some actual iron trees where the realm of metal and life meet, sporting some metal sylvaneth.

duncan's video on how he made those was fantastic. The guy seemed genuinely happy to do what he does.

so at least one of us is...

Of course hes happy. With a job like that wouldn't you be? I've met the warhammer community guys, they all seem like genuinely cool dudes, and not a product of the cold lifeless GW we all grew to hate so long ago.

While I've never imagined the realmgates that way, it makes sense.

In my personal fluff, my dudes live in a village in the realm of death, in the middle of a swamp that is often blanketed in fog. Sometimes it is sunny, and the fog clears up for a while, though I'm not sure where the sun comes from in the realm of death.

Despite being in the realm of death and with a pervasive stillness permeating the swamp, life still exists if you stop and look for it. The withered trees still are alive on the inside. The are still grasses peeking out through the mud. Insects, frogs, and small fish can be seen darting about just on the edges of one's vision. Tracks and evidence of larger animals exist, but the animals themselves are almost never seen.

The most noticeable geographical feature about the swamp is its flatness. The water doesn't really flow anywhere, hence why it is a swamp. It also means things are pretty stagnant. Occasional gray stones exist here and there.

The village itself is made of hides, stones, withered branches, and a lot of looted materials from other realms. They like to paint the walls of their houses white to contrast against the muddy swamp. They like round or arched buildings a lot because they are simple and stable. Smaller houses consist of either a dome or a single round tower, while larger houses might be a series of arches.

from some of the other videos under kirby people speculated he was servitor. He smooth even non-judgmental tone, his meticulous standards, etc, lead people to wonder if he'd had his humanity taken from him.

Then Rountree came around and they started having fun on the channel again.

Apparently old thread was ded

How are Tzeentch Daemons? I've got a bunch of Pink Horrors that I've barely touched since 5th 40k because they've either been dog shit or cheese. Off the top of my head, I have:

3 Princes
Metal LoC
Metal Changeling (best)
Converted Herald on a disc
35-40 horrors (Some converted to heralds)
5 screamers
3 Failcast flamers
5 metal 2nd Ed flamers with the beaks

Pretty sure that's it because I haven't bought anything for them since 5th.

If GW remakes freeguild, they should make them look similar to conquistadors. It fits in with legions of reclamation theme, what with colonialism having a lot of parallels (advanced civilisation exploring uncharted territory and civilising the tribes left in the wake of chaos).

Soon

Why would they do that? Why would they now make models look like historical minis when there are so many alternatives for that on the market.

If they do new free peoples stuff, they will try to make it totally unique so you feel you have to buy from them for the models rather than any competitor, let alone historicals.

Tomb King memeposters please go

They aren't even in GHB17

So what is the best way to treat characters in this since they cannot join units?

Should they be set at the rear of middle of your army to avoid being sniped or what is best? Say if I had a non monster general on foot. How best I deploy them so I can use their melee prowess while not leaving them exposed?

Also can ranged units fire even while they are in melee combat? Like instead of using daggers, they just shoot while in combat?

>Entire range discontinued since the start of AoS
>Excluded from the Grand Alliance: Death book
>Not even in GHB17
>Soon^tm

Quads confirm
;_;

wut?

>Also can ranged units fire even while they are in melee combat? Like instead of using daggers, they just shoot while in combat?
They are both shooting and fighting melee. Most ranked units have really shitty melee so it's not unbalanced tho

>Say if I had a non monster general on foot. How best I deploy them so I can use their melee prowess while not leaving them exposed?
You have to choose what is more important for you. If your hero's main role is buffing then screen him and keep on the back of your unit. If you build your hero as a killing machine, then ftfy and try to kill as many fuckers as you can before someone finally kill him

>non-monster general on foot
might as well model him with 90 arrows already sticking out of his body. But seriously, usually with the army in a bubble around him while he hides in cover casting spells and using command abilities. Keeping him in the complete rear will usually get him assassinated by deep strike, tunnelers, hunters, etc.

>can ranged fire from melee
Yes. And they also use their melee weapons later during combat. Did I mention ranged was good?

Specifically how should I utilize a Chaos Lord on foot?

Which faction that is shit in normal games shine in skirmish?

>They aren't even in GHB17
That's bullshit, since they confirmed on facebook that compendium stuff is still in the book.

>Try harder next time

They confirmed that they'll be released separately

Probably in a PDF that won't be tournament legal

What pic related means? Can I use the BoK traits and artifacts or I have to stick with GHB and Skirmish stuff?

Allegiance: Chaos
Battletrait: Unpredictable Destruction

Bloodsecrator (24)
- General
- Command Ability: Merciless Killer
- Trait: Violent Urgency
- Artefact: Daemon Weapon
- Banner of Khorne: Banner of Rage

Blood Warriors Chaos Champion (4)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
2x Blood Warrior (8)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist

Bloodreavers Chieftain (1)
- Reaver Blades
Bloodreavers Hornblower (1)
- Reaver Blades
2x Bloodreavers (2)
- Reaver Blades

Bloodletter’s Bloodhunter (2)
Bloodletter Icon Bearer (2)
- Gore Drenched Icon
Bloodletter Hornblower (2)
2x Bloodletters (4)

It quite literally tells you what to do dude.

> ... in a Skirmish battle, your warband can only use the allegiance abilities of the Grand Alliance from which they hail.

Is this the general level of intelligence of AoS players here? Explains a lot.

Better use the traits and artifacts described in the Skirmish book since they are mostly designed for it

English is not my native language. It's not said to which books I am limited. Khorne is still a part of Grand Alliance so why just don't state "in a Skirmish battle, your warband can only use the allegiance abilities from General's Handbook of the Grand Alliance from which they hail'?
The battletome ones are better imo

To make it more retard proof

>You can only use the Allegiance abilities from the Generals Handbook (ISBN 3547579239) listed on page 158 for Grand Alliance Order, page 160 for Grand Alliance Chaos, page 162 for Grand Alliance Destruction and page 164 for Grand Alliance Death. Please note that, Sylvaneth, Kharadron Overlords, Stormcast Eternals, Blades of Khorne, Disciples of Tzeentch, Beastclaw Raiders and Bonesplitters are not Grand Alliance allegiances.

"You can only use the Allegiance abilities from the Generals Handbook" would be good enough and more legible.

So even the banner of Khorne is not usable. Shame

t. Buttblasted nageshfag

ugh I need 90 Greatswords for Armies on Parade and none of the discount websites stock that many

You got issues.

so you email them and they will order them for you.
My LGS gets orders from GW in 2-3 days. I get a cool 20% off that

ORDER GRAND ALLIANCE NEWS TODAY

H Y P E

Wtf. Making a landschneckt army ?

Wotwotwot?

I met duncs producer. they are both cool dudes.

Im working on my armies on parade board, and I'm doing a desert oasis style because i play sylvaneth and tomb kings, but i cant figure out the best way to do water, any tips?

>desert
>water
pick one fagget

>order
get a load of this guy

>Come back on Friday, when we’ll be taking a look at the Order Grand Alliance and what the new book means for these stalwart defenders of civilisation.

seraphon news pls ._.

The oasis idea is awesome, shut up asshole

I've seen people do water with tinted resin, and the result is quite good and realistic.

Once you've finished please post some pics :D

I always wanted to play lizards but I am afraid that I am not a gud enough painter/paint schemer

Then don't.

lol

>confirmed on facebook

Yeah ill just play stormcast since they are EZ mode in both painting and the game

Then buy them and practice mate. Noone was born with Duncan skills - even the Duncan himself

>THAT FAGGOT USES FACEBOOK AND HAS ACTUAL FRIENDS
>WHAT A FUCKING LOSER

Exactly. But you must paint them silver and blue.

ONLY THE FAITHFUL!

Duncan isn't that skilled. I don't mean that in a disparaging way, but he's a excellent painting teacher more than a painting master. He makes educational vids, he doesn't work as part of the 'eavy metal team.

Well, Spear of Shadow's free extract is out and I'm already flipping my shit. FUCK, chaos has one of Cadoc's kinsmen, good goy is he going to be a flaming asshole.

I know that there are better painters than him but the Duncan level is what I want to achieve someday and it will be more than enough for me

I hope GW expand more on the normal humans in the lore. While I am happy Sigmar's warriors arent exactly space marines it would be nice if we saw some of the less elite of the Warhammer world.

>chaos has one of Cadoc's kinsmen

Please elaborate for a newb

Cadoc Kel is the prince of the Ekran and a knight Azyros of the Steelsouls.

He's also a giant asshole whose main difference respect a chaos warrior is that he has form fitting armor and commits unspeakable attrocities in Sigmar's name rather than the four.

A kinsmen of his serving Chaos? FUN.

Sigmar has evil peeps fighting for him? Wew.

I thought his side were as good as good gets

>As good as good gets.

With motherfuckers like the celestial vindicator, or in other words: Inquisition: The Stormhost?

Order has always been about being lawful, not good. Doesn't stop Sigmar from being ashamed, though. As he says: "I am forced to remind myself I'm not a tyrant and cannot force the hand of my followers."

Did you just chose to ignore the "oasis" part, or?

those don't exist in real life my nugga.

Sigmar is such a faggot now.
I liked the old lore. He existed. He did cool shit. Now people worship him.
No talking, no interaction with him. You cant be let down.
Since AoS started and they gave him a personality, It just made him lame.

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/keeping-order-in-the-generals-handbook-2017/

>those don't exist in real life
So am i not allowed to have my reanimated skeletons because they dont exist in real life either? What about my sentient trees?
>they don't exist in real life
Uhhh en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oasis

Dispossed are gonna be a pain in the ass to deal with

New player here.

How Does Death Rattle do at 1,000 points? Not looking to play competitively but still want to compete in casual game. I love the Wight King model and have some Mantic skeletons that need a home. I was planning on trying the Legion of Death formation.

Your dudes! We all want to see what others are working on!

Here are my mixed back of chaos it's mostly Nurgle though
docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY

>Teleporting space lizards and piledriving dwarfs

This years Generals Handbook is weird.

Can someone educate me on how allies have changed?

From what I know, so long you were in the same grand alliance book you could mix up your armies anyway.

Now you can take allies without breaking your allegiance.

for example, Stormcast Eternals will be able to take a Celestial Hurricanum without breaking their Stormcast Eternal allegiance.

I don't really like it, it's going to make for some retarded armies.

Sigmar isn't above using some dickish factions in his empire or even asshole stormcast. But the guy that's mentioned in Spear of Shadows as working for a khorne blacksmith is just someone who hails from the same bloodline as Cardoc, not a Stormcast, though.

I actually really like the new allies rule. It allows more diverse armies to exist while still giving unique allegiance abilities. The retarded combos aren't really an issue with the allies system as more an issue with whatever unit is allowing that retarded combo to happen, like the Celestial Hurricanum.

>without breaking your allegiance

But are they not all under Order alliance?

Ya I was just getting into AoS and am concerned what the ally system in what it did to 40k too.

Hopefully there is a cap of some form.

They could take the Order Allegiance, but if you wanted to take all of the Stormcast specific stuff and throw in a hurricanum, you could.

In the past, you'd have been forced to use the Order allegiance and be very restricted as a result

When you say Order Allegiance I assume you mean sticking to the single army list like say: Slaves of Darkness and only Slaves of Darkness units and so on.

Yeah, I used the Stormcast+Hurricanum combo as an example because it'd allow you to run it alongside an Aetherstrike battalion

Ugh

I think user means that you could use a group of free guild handgunners and a group of dwarves in the same army, all while having a Seraphon hero, etc

Oh. Well that sounds weird. But hodge podge.

Pst... don't look now but i think he's actually calling out the validity of FB sources

Nice projection though

No, "Order Allegiance" means picking anything from the Order grand alliance.

specific army would be, for example, "Stormcast Eternals allegiance"

The allies rules would allow you to take allied units in your Stormcast army without losing your "Stormcast eternals allegiance" and the relevant abiliteis and artefacts that would grant you.

There seems to be a cap scaling with game size, 400pts of allies in a 2000pt list.

Aaaah right. Thanks for explaining.

>there is a cap

Thank god

>the official Facebook page is not a credible source

"* The Darkling Covens and the Free Peoples are also getting some special attention in the Generals Handbook 2017, and we thought they both deserved a closer look, so keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks for our in-depth preview of these factions."

AW HELL YEA. From: warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/keeping-order-in-the-generals-handbook-2017/

not quite

>celestial vindicator, or in other words: Inquisition: The Stormhost?

The Celestial Vindicators are just angry. Knights Excelsior are the PURGE type.

>keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks for our in-depth preview of these factions.
>coming weeks
>WEEKS

GHB 2 confirmed for fucking september, fuck that shit

>no protectors
auto lose to tzeentch and other (better) aetherstrike lists

How long have I been telling you that Sigmar was no good? Ghal Maraz would be better in the hands of a worthier man.

They've already said that it's out in August

Seraphon battle trait seems nuts. Need to see the wording to know its limitations.
If you use the teleport in the hero phase then it's going to be amazing

>teleport stegadon to >9"
>use skink alpha ability to move D6" immediately, get within 8" flamethrower range
or
>use skink prayer to get rerollable save/charge
>teleport bastiladon with snakes to >9" and near stegadon
>stegadon uses ability to move bastiladon d6"
>bastiladon has 5-6" charge and 3+ rerollable save (can even add mystic shield)
>tie down a huge chunk of enemy army
>never die
>EVERY combat phase (even your opponents) you deal ~2 mortal wounds to each unit within 8" (max 12 total)
>
or
>teleport astrolith bearer anywhere you want
>drop banner in perfect positions
or
>teleport hero out of dangerous combat situation
or
>cast spells with slann
>teleport back out of LOS
or
>cast spells out of LOS
>teleport into range to unbind enemy wizard next turn
>psssh nothing personel, kid....
or
>firelance starhost gives +3" charge
>skink priest lets you reroll charges
>teleport knights to >9", have 6" rerollable charge
or
>teleport salamanders to >9"
>summon skink handlers into position (only 40 points)
I call it the Salamander Bomb

That's a strange way of drawing Karl Franz, user

good. id rather play against seraphon than cuckcast nigternals

Karl Franz is dead and Sigmar's soul is possessing his body now.

>Karl Franz is literally Sigmar's better half

ya gotta love the guy

>Archy

He smells.

franz > swigmar

Archaon can actually handle Ghal Maraz?

I mean, I assumed the thing was like Mjolnir, Thor's Hammer.

Yeah it seems insane.

Hopefully it's limited to one unit a turn.

Hopefully, because I can't afford another army

When Valten died in the End Times, Archaon took Ghal Maraz. While he was brooding on his throne, he held it in his hands. Stroking it and finger its runes.

Other chaos servants and daemons couldn't bear to look at it and its touch harmed them. Archaon wasn't suffering from any of this or just endured it. The reason could be that, as Valten said, Ghal Maraz was meant to destined to be wiekded by Archaon but that was before he fell darkness.

The hammer now is more powerful than before but so is Archaon.

>no mention of seraphon spell lore in GHB2

Slann continue to be shit tier

im not a frog fan but I agree its really stupid slann aren't rocking the hottest magics in the mortal realms. (aelves too god damn it)

How to start AoS? I want to play Ogres or Vampires, my friend wants Khorne Warriors of Chaos. Sorry for old terminology, but the new GW sections and names are a clusterfuck to me.

Also, any brief notes about these armies? 1dchan seems pretty poor at AoS compared to 40k.