Fantasy World Names

What's the name of your fantasy world, Veeky Forums?

The Urineverse

sentinnax

Equestria.

Shit, no, I meant Equalia.

Arth.

Ground

I'm either going to stick with Earth or go with Imperialis

Nothirt.

Tir

Othoïa. A great conqueror became king of all discovered land, and then gave the continent the name of his wife.

>tfw you have 179 pages written of a novel but still don't have a good name for the planet

The Lawless Principalities

That's kinda an oxymoron

Regit Mundi

I live in Ottawa.

why do you need to name it? depending on the scope or if you just write it around, you don't actually need to say the name. The "Planet" of the Game of Thrones world is never ever mentioned, fans just call it Planetos

Me having a job

I feel you, my man. It even extends to world building in RPGs for me: I can think of names of towns and NPCs on a whim because frankly a lot of times they're just "throwaway" things for the PCs to interact with ONCE, but I can never settle on a name for the entire setting that I'm fond of.

"The Tower to heaven", by its inhabitants.
"the endless colloseum", by the ones in charge of it.
"String-shaped Nexus", by that one planeswalking merchant

Hesterra

Let's put a number to that expression, shall we?

Equestria is the kingdom. I think the planet is just Earth (although certainly not *our* Earth), as the phrase "where on Earth" is used a few times, and also supported by the fact that actual constellations and other celestial formations from our world are referenced now and again. A parallel Earth might also explain the parallel place names and similar geography.

Though, a few fanfics name the world as "Eros", which I've personally always liked. Some use "Equus", as well, but I feel that marginalizes the non-equine inhabitants.

Orostra

Why the fuck would I name it?

Sounds like putting the cart before the horse.

Othrys