Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

when will ork user release his tax returns edition

>Black Legion Faction Focus: Meh
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/legion-focus-black-legion-aug4gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Astaramis was an inside job!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Veeky Forums discord: Reddit.com/r/cuckolding

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ct-6BTRhNXx46dCxN9f7YxaARRhkUp5Hw0Rypcv3JHs/edit#gid=1657120584
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for lewd

Here's a good way to start this wholesome thread
What is a model you are getting soon or plan to get soon that you are genuinely excited for, what do you plan to do with it, any cool painting or modeling things you wanna do?
Pic related for me

Well I just got the terminator suppourt carde, but my GW still has a tyranid swarm and eldar transport bundle in stock, which will be my next and second next purchase respectfully

Wanna find old raptors with this cool jet-packs

I just scan, someone else does the pdf, and if you want to speed the process up, download it and stick it in an imgur folder then ask to add it to the OP

What is most lewdable faction?
>Nb4 genestealer cults

The china man can.

Those were cool jetpacks back in the day. Not to mention crazy bird feet! Now they're just spikey 30k assault marines.

I fucking LOVE this model and I want to use it for my IG for 40k. Any idea what I could use this as?

Mind trying to compare with a laspistol?
>Would if I was at a computer

>not liking spikey 30k over spikey 40k

Nth for new Grey knight Flyers are neat

Where is the proof or purchase?
Show me the RECEIPTS

Been tempted to start 40k for a while now and have about $250 to burn, is there any faction I can get a decent 1k list (for the new campaign) out of for this price (open to any faction, I just love the setting in general)? I dont have to worry about hobby supplies just yet as my local shop is very nice about letting people use their stuff so long as we actually shop there

Scion's clown car

Taurox

For 250 you can definitely get a couple start collecting boxes for whatever army you like

some work and it could be a taurox

They have new fliers?

Depends who you're interested in.

If you want marines you can probably get 1000+ all your hobby stuff easily for $250

If you want others it'll be more difficult

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ct-6BTRhNXx46dCxN9f7YxaARRhkUp5Hw0Rypcv3JHs/edit#gid=1657120584

ITC Results by faction

Picking up one of the event only custodes to use as a conversion for Valdor

Arguably just find an army that strikes your fancy and pick up two Start Collectings.

That leaves you you enough to grab one more kit and you should be good for one thousand

They get the stormtalon and other fugly flyer finally

when you think 40k what do you first think of, and have you played any of the computer games for it before

Yeah, whats all this about?

They just get access to the Storm Talon and Stormhawk Interceptor, that regular marines have had for ages now.

I'd prefer lower model count and simple paint schemes for my first army, currently looking at second hand options here but very slim pickings

not exactly new. They get the Storm Talon/Stormhawk in their dex so no more need to ally

Check the GW blog, they have the fylers painted in GK colours

Ah, gotcha

>mfw I have one even older raptor but not those
>mfw I have no face

Looks much more plausible

Are Vendettas worth taking now?
How about two Vendettas?
230 points each.

Who is this china man?

but theyt're really shitty sans the flamer

Thanks, found the pic, here it is for anyone else who was lazy like me and didn't check the blog first.

The old ones or the old-old ones?

...Yeah....whoops.

Wow, that is one ugly flier...

Can i give vexilia to my shield captain?

Sisters.

What kind of disgusting degenerate obscure fetish is that from ?!

plus not enough skulls

Thanks!

Am I reading this wrong or are Genestealer Cults the top faction?

I got a thing for lenses, you gonna judge me?

>does the sassy-neck-think

I too can post shit that doesn't fucking matter, but I choose not to.
Keep your not GW rules and tourney results in your containment forums with the rest of the WAAC tourney players.

Vendettas hit on fives if they move, you will miss a lot or drop into hover and get one turn if shooting before getting shot down, if you're gonna go forge world you might as well get something like the thunderbolt or vulture, the former does anti tank better for about the same points and the later does anti infantry better for less points

Elf

Just got these - I've been enjoying trying random techniques out to try and improve, like checks. All of the primaris have been really enjoyable to paint, honestly. Much easier than normal marines.

I may pause after these soon because my elysian drop sentinel just arrived - I'm gonna headswap the pilot and make it a stormtrooper sentinel. I think it'll be really fun to paint.

>Literally Elves
>Literally spooky elves
>Literally orcs
>Literally gundam commies

necrons and nids are the only vaguely interesting xenos. The rest are as generic as can be.

>The army has bullshit deployment options for turn 1 charges with absolutely devastating melee units
>Ends up being top tier in tourney
Gee, I wonder...

Robutts and Zerg, man. Its always been about the setting, rather than the races, for me

They only have 11 appearances, Chaos are the top of the over 100 games lot (or bang on 100 in their case), despite all of their whining.

How is the 40k scene in Hamburg Germany? I'm gonna be there for six months and want to know if I should bring my army for more than just painting

Little salty there buds? Just sharing something I found.

>despite all of their whining.
Warp Timing Magnus is good.

Rate mah list
Patrool detachment
Hq
Tigurius
Troops
9 custodians with spears and 1 with vexilla+knife
2 custodians with spears and 3 with swords and shields

Auxillary support detachment
troops
9 custodians with swords and 1 vexilla+knife

From the stream:

Objective secured for Chaos.

Renegade Chapter Tactics: Advance and Charge.

Alpha Legion: Not sure what this was, stratagem, warlord trait or legion tactics. When your warlord dies, swap him with one of your characters. This doesn't count to Slay Warlord.

Demon Shells: Shoot any bolter weapon, 1 command point. If you hit, you do D3 mortal wounds. If you miss, you take d3 mortal wounds.

1 command point to give a unit a mark of chaos.

1 command point to ignore heavy on vehicles.

Chaos Boon: Roll between 2 and 12 and get stuff after you kill vehicle, character or monster. One a roll of 7 you get to pick what you want. Other examples: +3" movement. +1 to your armour/invuln saves. You don't need to set aside points for spawn/daemon princes in matched play.

Veterans of the long war: add +1 to wound. Limited to Infantry or bikers. Doesn't work on renegade chapters.

A stratagem to reposition cultists so they're 6" to a board edge.

Line Breaker for your vindicators.

Demon forge stratagem: demon vehicle can reroll hit and wound.

Kill shot for your predators.

Familiar stratagem: change powers in psychich phase.

Hellbrute stratagem: Shoot twice if it didn't move.

Alpha Legion stratagem: Deploy 1 unit in shadows , like Raven Guard.

Tzeentch power, 1 CP: get to use one more power at end of psychic phase

New Dark Hereticus: Death Hex, 8 to cast cast. Enemy unit within 12" can't take invulnerable. (Fuck you stormshields)

>T. Idiot who was still assravaged by 7e Gcults

Pure cult it pretty bad mang. It's mostly just a way to link up Nid and IG cheese with a supreme command detachment.

Who was suicidal enough to breed with Lilith?

Gay-gold-men/10

>necrons and nids are the only vaguely interesting xenos.
>nids
>interesting

anyone have a spare Primaris? I wanted to paint one up for that contest or showcase or whatever, but I'm not buying a box of them for 1 model and the closest GW is over an hour away

Who'd be suicidal enough to say no?

patrol can have more than 2 troops, no need to waste that extra cp and gw said you can nominate a custodian squad as an HQ so you can do that as well

Just buy one of the easy-to-assemble boxes. You get three primaris for like $16

>Objective secured for Chaos.
Already knew that.

>Renegade Chapter Tactics: Advance and Charge.
See above.

>Alpha Legion: Not sure what this was, stratagem, warlord trait or legion tactics. When your warlord dies, swap him with one of your characters. This doesn't count to Slay Warlord.
Obviously the Warlord trait, since we know the stratagem and tactics.

>Demon Shells: Shoot any bolter weapon, 1 command point. If you hit, you do D3 mortal wounds. If you miss, you take d3 mortal wounds.
Now this is cool!

>1 command point to give a unit a mark of chaos.
I assume that means to give a unit a mark mid-game if it didn't already have one.

>1 command point to ignore heavy on vehicles.
Neat that all CSM get this while SM only get it for Iron Hands

>Chaos Boon: Roll between 2 and 12 and get stuff after you kill vehicle, character or monster. One a roll of 7 you get to pick what you want. Other examples: +3" movement. +1 to your armour/invuln saves. You don't need to set aside points for spawn/daemon princes in matched play.
Awesome. I assume it's 1CP?

>Veterans of the long war: add +1 to wound. Limited to Infantry or bikers. Doesn't work on renegade chapters.
Should clarify that's Wound rolls, not Wounds characteristic.

>Rest of stuff
Vaguely interesting. We know all the God-aligned Stratagems now except Nurgle.

This month white dwarf comes with a free.primaris marine

Better question is how was their dick afterwards?

thanks user, wasn't aware of this

As good as in every other civilized western european city I guess. Bring your army.

Nids are by far the most interesting Xenos.

Everyone else is literally Star Trek tier humans-with-rubber-foreheads.

>1 command point to give a unit a mark of chaos.

Can you explain the point of this power?
Don't Marks only give you a GOD tag for rules?
So can you get TZEENTCH and KHORNE on the same unit or to switch TZEENTCH to KHORNE midgame?

no it fucking doesn't, nothing in my sub, and saw nothing when I went to my store

I waste cp cause only 1 vexilla per detachment so ill do this anyway (its 2 spear or swordguys instead of tigurius and i thought he can buff custodes)
Shine gold ass !=gay

...Necrons and Orks are Star Trek tier humans?

Can someone not on a phone give me the top 5 factions please?

Not the White Dwarf, its the $8.00 Learn How to Play Mini-zine

that's not free

I think he means from maybe a design standpoint, as opposed to lore and stuff. Necros and Tau I can see that, orks not so much, even less so with perhaps liek the Rak'gul...

>Necrons literally act exactly like megalomaniacal humans out of saturday morning superhero cartoons right down to speaking english
Yes.

Orks are more interesting than that, though. Actually I give them a solid second place after Tyranids, they even have a unique reproductive method and ecosystem and look different enough from humans to be very recognizably xenos.

Necrons are literally (not figuratively) robot human skeletons.

Thats why I said it was $8.00.

Nids are just cockroaches. They don't have any interesting motivations, they don't have any personality, and all of their models look the fucking same.

Nids have far more distinctive models than SM or Eldar

fark you, i dobt keep them

And where GW said "you can use custodians as HQ"?

They probably meant Warlord.

>Nids have far more distinctive models
You mean after their design overhaul to mimic Starcraft's Zerg?

>cockroaches
>the giger dinosaur race
Fucking lol, your shit taste has been confirmed.

No one in the entire series has "interesting motivations" except for Imperial sub-factions, every single major faction just wants to murder all the others. 40k is a war setting, not an intrigue or political drama.

>personality
Considering the Tyranids lack of personality makes them stand out more than any of the other stereotypical "IM THE MOST ELITEST AND BADASS AND FIGHTY" factions wrapped up in boring-ass egos, I'd say they benefit from it.

>all their models look the same
>implying they don't have one of the more diverse model ranges compared to shit like Space Marines that is basically 4 things copy-pasted a thousand times with slight equipment changes
Holy fucking lol, if Tyranids had nothing but mid-sized bugs like Warriors, Lictors, Raveners and so forth they'd STILL have a more diverse range than SPESS MUHREENS

So they're oldcrons?

Im really looking forward to starting my primaris librarian.

dis niqqa, do zerg have 5 points on their carapace as well

In terms of win percentage over average...
Genestealer Cults
Chaos
Chaos Daemons
Thousand Sons
Imperial Knights