Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Cypher Edition

>Black Legion Faction Focus: Meh
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/legion-focus-black-legion-aug4gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning the tabletop. Imperium winning painting and model purchases.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSjcLkB00GI
youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/K3ns3JDOGE2asjf/Primaris-week-4/IORF435R4_ENG_Primaris_Marines_Release_04_July_29th.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1rd for chaos

Ok guys. Question that a child could answer.

Relics from Codex SM requires you to have an "Adeptus Astartes" Character.

Grey Knight Grandmaster have the following keywords. Imperium, Adeptus Astartes, Grey Knights.

Can my Grandmaster take the Armor Indomitus?

Summary of stream info from Dakka if people missed it.

2nd for the allfather

>1rd
Truly, the work of uncaring gods and mad daemons.

>Imperium winning painting and model purchases.

Not really a shock when they're getting so many new models.

Nth for Fantasy will always be the better setting because its dead.

There was this decent story where some bolter-bitch fucks a shota/underling. Anyone have it? I can't find it.

Is Goredrinker back?

Still waiting for Space Dorfs.

So chaos comrades of the Konor campaign, who is daring enough to field a unit solely of soul grinders?

HOLY FUCK

Please tell me that Death Hex is a generic psychic power and not tied to any specific god.

>not allowed to take invuln saves

kek. Time to kill me a primarch.

No. There's a page which state that other marines are required to use the rules from their own books.

The only reason BA/DA/SW/DW can use the new Primaris stuff already is the PDF they put out.

Still trying to decide on a CSM legion/warband for my first army. Everything I can think of has pros and cons.

No, because you can only give them to Space Marine Characters, not ADEPTUS ASTARTES character, as defined by pic.

You'll have your relics next week.

Its Dark Hereticus.

But 8 is pretty hard to pull off.

>Magnus says Hi

I like the idea of fantasy/AOS, but none of the factions pull me in like 40k does.

Which PDF?

>Not allowed to take invulnerable save

Nice unit with stormshields you have there. Would be a shame if something were to ... happen, to it.

Every legion has pros and cons my friend. I don't think you should sweat picking too much until the CSM codex comes out though, there's still plenty of neat things to be revealed which might change your mind.

My favorite Legion is Emperor's Children, which I usually run as a gun line, but with the preview for Emperor's Children I'm starting to think that perhaps I've been wrong and I should run them as a mobile force that is effective at all ranges.

Even though I've played a ton of games with a blob of EC that I shoot across the table with the new stuff has me thinking about new tactics, it's pretty exciting.

Just started in 8th and really loving the psychic phase, however I am getting Death Guard at the moment and I'm not sure if they're a very heavy psychic army.

Could you run quite a few sorcerers in your Death Guard list? Hmm maybe that will be my unique Vectorum/Take on it. A coven of Adjvective Nounverbs leading the thing.

Yeah, it's hard to pull off but it's the difference between shooting certain units to death and not being able to shoot them to death. It's a must take for me in my local meta and exactly the type of thing I was looking for.

Whats up Magnus?

i think warhammer fantasy is the best fantasy setting and 40k the best sci fi setting.

so eh

The Nurgle sorcerers are pretty cool and I'm sure they are getting some cool new powers in their codex.

Back is a little sore, same story for the last 10 millennia. But I've compensated by fighting at S20 and denying the servants of my father any protection by armour, faith, shield or forcefield

What is the point of flamers in squad that can't move 10"+ on their own?

You can give a squad of 5, three Storm Bolters and power maul for the leader for 10 points while a single flamer is 9 points.

>i think warhammer fantasy is the best fantasy setting
LotR
>40k the best sci fi setting.
Star Wars

I really, REALLY hate GW's retarded scaling. FFS that rifle is as long as he is. It's like lego people.

What do I use as a HQ for a small custodes force? Was thinking of a Watch Master since he has the spear as well

Putting together a list for my tau and so far have this in mind, any bluebarries around to give me some insight?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP[993pts] ++
+ HQ +
Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight
Longstrike [11 PL, 191pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Railgun
+ Troops +
Kroot Carnivores [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Kroot
Strike Team [3 PL, 40pts]: 5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle
Strike Team [3 PL, 40pts]: 5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle
+ Fast Attack +
Pathfinder Team [3 PL, 78pts]
. 3x Pathfinder: 3x Markerlight
. 2x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 2x Rail rifle
+ Heavy Support +
TX7 Fire Support Hammerhead Gunship [10 PL, 193pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Twin T'au plasma cannon
TX7 Fire Support Hammerhead Gunship [10 PL, 193pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Twin T'au plasma cannon
++ Total: [993pts] ++

Hey I'm a dude who wants to get into the hobby finally so I'm going to a couple of my LGS this weekend to checkout what they've got and how the warhammer scene is in my area. Anything I should lookout for? Any questions to ask the shop owners? Oh and the army I'm trying to start with is a homebrew CSM warband with some daemon allies either khorne or nurgle.

>not dune

Like... in the world?
Because if so, what the fuck?

Wrong and wrong
Disco world and Star Wars is not even sci fi. It is a fantasy setting in space.

What up my one eyed nigga

You can make one of the custodian squads an HQ

Wait, was the teaser from two days ago just lel black legion focus article?

Those are just the most popular, LotR is reasonable, but Star Wars is just terrible in almost all regards.

>LotR
Most robust and well documented?
Probably.
The best?
Nay my friend.

Look for Start collecting boxes, or the starter sets if you settle on nurgle since you can get a LOT of nurgle shit, and can trade/convert/sell the spess muhreen half if you want.

Ask if they have newbie events, and what days the 40K players normally meet.Ask if there's someone from the group you can chat with (on the DL to ascertain what the group will be like to actually play with).

>Star Wars

>Good let alone best

lotr and star wars sucks balls.

maybe i should have said "most fun" instead. there are other universases i think are written better but they arent as fun.

Ask about their rules regarding proxies and conversions, anti-theft measures, official GW event support and pricing policies

Why are Black Legion destined to suck? Why did the most elite and disciplined Chaos legion become the "make big blobs and charge across the table like a retard" legion? Why do so many legions have hybrid melee-shooty traits if they can't take both Chainswords and Bolters? Does GW really think +1 LD is enough to save your big blobs from disintegrating from morale?

What teaser?

>Heroic scale
Yup.

Also you can blame GW for NOT FUCKING UPDATING THE GUARD SCULPTS IN FUCKING DECADES.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSjcLkB00GI

It's very hard to find realistically proportioned miniatures. Even ones that looks better, tend to have huge guns and such. A rifle at that scale would barely be a twig in their hands, and that's hard to sculpt let alone mould.

No.

I guess dg and thousand sons probably won't be allowed to use the new psyker powers and stratagems, right?

Dark mechanicus incoming.

Really though, it's probably going to be a letdown like everything GW has been announcing lately.

Why do you think that has anything to do with the Black Legion focus?

Okay cool! I'll definitely keep my eyes on what they've got for starter sets and maybe that way with the other half I get I can get a buddy to try it out..

Should I be careful of places with leniant or strict proxy rules? I guess maybe it's personal preference as in my case I couldn't care less so long as it was pretty close to original.

This is an attempt by some /m/ user to make shit happen like when yaraon published their strawpoll for worst gundam entry, is it not?

I can't tell of the incredibly cynicism of the 40k playerbase is charming or insufferable.

Since when? Don't remember than in an FAQ or anything

Alright user, you caught me, but lets be honest the idea of fielding only soul grinders would be badass and funny.

The old 3rd and even some 2nd edition models weren't perfect, but they weren't nearly as bad as the current ones. Heads, hands, and weapons keep getting bigger and more cartoony every iteration.

Forgeworld at least seems to have arrested that trend.

It's just something you get used to.

Not like chaos players are doing better without that idea....

If their policy towards conversions/proxies is strict it hurts experimentation and often forces people to stick to what they know is good (which leads to waag faggotry) and is often bad for overall creative diversity in a very artistic/expressive hobby

>Forgeworld at least seems to have arrested that trend.

Well, the scale of the models them self maybe. But FW's Solar Auxilla are at least half a head taller than the SM they make themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA

8th edition Codex Grey Knights review

>tau

When will they learn?

Case in point: Elysian sculpts. The heads are still too big, imo, but everything else looks pretty good scale-wise. The old resin tallarn and the krieg models are also much better. Why doesn't GW just learn from the FW sculptors how to not be shit at sculpting?

>made by hand
>made with pasion, love and care
Vs
>made in CAD
>made by some random intern
>probably didn't pay said intern

Jeez I wonder why?

Melee Guard master race reporting in. Bullying gun lines and pasting Terminators and Chad Marines in one swing from Bullgryn.

This one:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/K3ns3JDOGE2asjf/Primaris-week-4/IORF435R4_ENG_Primaris_Marines_Release_04_July_29th.pdf

It's on the store page for any Primaris unit.

Repostan

Can any sisters players report on which models are not super ancient looking? Is my list about right?

>celestine and friends
>veridyan
>Excorcist
>Repentia

Are Bullgryns actually that good now? How do I run them?

Just to spite you, user.

CAD, it is wonderful for matrix, but unless the user knows how to work with the tool we end with current kits.

Not bad by themself but they would be better if someone actually did some hand work or made by someone that care about the model

The guard models are all ancient and predate the minis you mentioned.

I mean, 1. Thats a conversion of a DoW guy, not an official model.
and 2. Thats a sniper rifle, some really are that long.

>always whined about loyalists leviathan with better invul
Now we can do this "no invul" shit too!

Anyone know a good Mechanicus Color Scheme to go with the Green Bean Brigade, here? I need an enginseer to enginesee my engines.

Bullgryn are great. They are tough and they hit like Autocannons in melee. You can put 4 in a Valkyrie and basically turn 1 charge.

The 3rd and 2nd edition models predate the current plastics and are better. In fact now that I FLASHBACK, it was the first catachan plastics box that really started fucking things up.

Tell me about the Blood Angels.

I've been wanting to make a Marine army, but I can't really decide on what I want. I like the lore of the Salamanders, being cool chill dudes, and all that fire and such, though I'm not too sure on the practicality of fire in this current edition, plus the only fire units out of the Primaris lineup are the Agressors, and there are no options for Primaris melta.

Dark Angels seem neat, and plasma makes for a reliable all rounder, especially with Hellblasters being a thing, and they would fit lore wise with the Dark Angels, but my friend group already has a DA player.

Raptors seems cool too, and they would really fit with the tactical feeling of Reivers and Intercessors. I've also considered Deathwatch but I'm not sure on them, as it kind of seems like model count is what matters in this edition.

Also have considered making a mech infantry guard regiment possibly. How well does that work out? Like not all vehicle dependent, but infantry units in lots of dedicated transports instead.

So, based on the Black Legion stuff we know so far, what looks like a good starting point for the army?

Eeeh, colors are a bit desaturated. Here's a better look:

Canoness
The Exorcist pianist can have melted face problems (because GW kept the bad sculpt instead of the good one)
Immolators are actually pretty decent kits.
Penitente Engines are awesome but are a bitch to assemble. I recommend getting the recast of those.
Why? Well not including detail bits like pipes and symbols the bloody thing is about 14 heavy metal parts

Corpus Brethren for best non-founding Chaos Legion.

Well, as I understand it, FW has designed plastic kits for GW, and they've made plastic versions of FW kits, and people still manage to shit on them, so there's no way of winning.

Typical red would make your army look Christmas-themed. Consider ash gray or an earthtone brown/khaki.

Zhao or Ryza

The plastic infantry are pre-vostroyan and Steel Legion, but post everything else.

In particular, you're looking for the Dark Millenium starter ($160), Know No Fear ($80), or First Strike ($40) starters. They all come with a bunch of loyalist primaris marines and lots of nurgle goodness. They're a great bang for your buck, especially if you're okay getting your arms dirty with conversion work or want to split it with a friend.

>Draigo's role became more important now

Fucks sake. I thought we got rid of him.

termies and termies and cultists as meat on points as before

Drive a squad of Chosen CombiPlasma up to some terminators. Remove their Invuln with a sorcerer, and have a cheapo Lord there to reroll 1s. Bye bye Terminator squad.

>>that regiment you went to schola with? They changed their helmets and got HOT.

The Start collecting and a squad of termies

No, they aren't. Steel Legion was 1999. I remember, I was there.

Plastic Cadians weren't until later. I think Tanith and Vostrayan were after the plastics, though.

I mean, Mars in that situation wouldn't be terrible since a splash of colour might be nice, but if you really want to blend in and don't want to run the Christmas Army risk you could go for Stygies. Black robes, dark red armour. Or Agripinaa, dark grey robes, brighter silver armour and red underfabrics and cables.

Of course, Ryza orange goes pretty well with most things, or you could just make up your own because the Mechanicus is hueg and Forge Worlds churn out enginseers like failed medicine students.