/anrg/ - Android Netrunner General

Moonrune (marsrune?) Spoilers Edition: imgur.com/a/cjxex#MCyNfbI

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/aa/d3/aad35e6c-afdb-4de4-b034-ec5b5b748106/adn_faq_v312.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/fa/84/fa84c620-cd7e-4c6c-96bd-c703419fca5e/adn_mwl_v12_web.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons
ice.emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the very WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Worlds of Android Scan now in the OP
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us

Old bread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1XQi5wd_Ya9l8blMy8ANR2D5BvtJFE2GOZO4WdVDDTZw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So I was bored and made a thread again. It's incredible that we are not going to have any news on ANR until GenCon. Besides these spoilers this period seems so deserted.

Anyway, I bought Free Mars this wednesday. What's the opinion on the Criminal cards in the set? I'm thinking of pairing Flashbang with Mongoose and run with it.
The other two events seem NUTS. I love Leave no Trace, particularly with Mammon and how it synergies with Nero.

My boyfriend and I are trying to get back into netrunner, and we think Terminal directive would be a great place to restart. However, the extension isn't available in our country, is there some guide to play it, whether by proxy or on jinteki.net ?

LNT is alright and so is RD, but both aren't exactly general auto-includes compared to the Moose. 'bang and 'goose pales in comparison to that clearly misprinted new killer.

Not very likely for Jnet to implement the campaign itself, though if you are looking for the campaign-only card spoilers, they should be on cardgamedb.

To be honest, after playing the campaign I think I'd avoid it. It's terribly unbalanced in Corp's favours, specially HB, to the point of being really frustrating for the Runner. And there's a lot of book-keeping involved with all the stickers that slows the game a notch.
If you play it I recommend going Weyland.

Terminal Directive made a few things right though.
First of all, I love all the new cards and IDs. They have character and a distinctive feeling. The box is definitely a must IMO.
Second, the campaign inspired the community to make their own campaigns, which I recommend to look it up.

I'm very busy lately but one of the projects I have in mind is to turn this campaign a bit on its head, simplify all the book-keeping aspects while keeping the story moving. Maybe branching it out a little bit to make it more dynamic.

Terminal Directive *is* a great place to restart

As user pointed out, the big trouble is that organizing campaign play will have to spoil the surprise of campaign cards to at least one player (and if you do, make it both for fairness's sake I'd say). Which I think is a net loss since the surprise is integral part of the pleasure of the experience the first time over.

That being said, if you plan on organizing something anyway, I don't think I've seen anything but the rule booklet posted yet, not the packets instructions.
Bound to happen if it hasn't yet though.

After all the complaints about Crims recursion, you'd think Rip Deal would be *everywhere* in blue. And yet I haven't found the adoption to be that noticeable. Yet.

Conversely I do think people have been warming up to Flashbang, once they saw it in action/did the math.

I don't think I've seen Leave No Trace yet. As an aside, hadn't really thought of it at first, interesting to compare it to Running Interference.

Transparency Initiative + The Cleaners.

"My well, yes, we kill people. Is there anyone that still does have an issue with that aspect of business nowadays? Murder has been an integral part of the corporate experience for decades now. Hell, every employee - every employee that matters - insurance policy takes it into account and no one bats an eye anymore. We all know that business means murder, and murder is business"

Funny how different our experiences can be. As much as I agree there is a strong snowballing component to the campaign, I did not find it that bad to be honest.
Trouble to me was more how depending on which IDs you play, yours might basically end up blank.

You might want to give Watchdog, a fan-made, a look in the meantime.

docs.google.com/document/d/1XQi5wd_Ya9l8blMy8ANR2D5BvtJFE2GOZO4WdVDDTZw/edit?usp=sharing

The flavour for being transparent with a few of the Weyland agendas can be pretty hilarious.

Revealing their plans to shut people up during a crisis.

Announcing plans for taking over a government.

Admitting to political bribery.

Revealing that they sell weapons illegally.

Conspiracy theory level project for getting stuff they want.

And the big ones: causing the big tsunami and then covering it up by murdering people.

Thing is, you pretty much need to have HQI and/or turning wheel to make RD more then just a déjà vu. It's a nice 1-off I suppose, although what to drop for it is a question.

Or The Gauntlet
But really, influence-free recursion, comparable to what used to be imported, but with synergy with in-faction tools to make it better? If the argument is that it's not good enough, color me dumbfounded.

It's way better then nothing that is true. Problem is that, unlike the usual recursion stuff, more often then not there is a far higher cost to using it to significant effect, considering how most corps generally try to make HQ runs as painful as possible if able.

That with Gauntlet is nice to have in Cache Refresh games though.

On Mars where that is technically set, the corps can easily get away with those, seeing that they essentially own the planet as it is. Big E and Jin in particular.

Openly researching something akin to obakata protocol must be hilarious.

That is pretty awesome and should be in the OP links.

One can only wonder what happens to Mr Howard in a month or two...

Which runner mini faction is the bet in the current meta ?

Adam, doesn't matter if you pick Cache Refresh or Standard. He's naturally above the power curve compared to the other two.

>One can only wonder what happens to Mr Howard in a month or two...

Delivered to the same room Reina, CR and Andie, who'll then proceed to beat him to a pulp?

I keep wondering about Obokata whether the joke is that they managed to actually find a way to do what the original Obokata defrauded, or if it's just that the whole project is a fraud meant to ambush runners.

Random thought: why is Artificial Red Blood Cell three influence? I know the damage is meant to be seen as a feature more than a flaw, but when you see Diesel, it's hard to fathom why it would cost less.

Unless there's something we're missing... Blood Cell Replicator?

Not Apex right now. I think both Adam and Sunny could have a shot at it though.

In CR format, Adam is a tad weaker due to no C&C stuff, although having E-strike is a decent compensation. That said, once the next cycle appears, he would lose Find The Truth and that would suck unless another directive appears.

Sunny is alright, although she would have to lean on all those pseudo Deuces Wilds in order to help with draws.

Rigged Results, win and get in HQ, access a Future Perfect, win the Psi, steal.

Extremely satisfying.

You could say the game was RIGGED.

Can someone this game's formats to me? I've only played yugioh and magic

Watch the what is Netrunner video in OP. In short though:

>two opposing players play two sides, the Runner and the Corp. Both play very differently and use different cards/decks
>Corps either try to score agendas or kill the Runner, and build decks around that. Often they'll need to place down defenses, known as ICE, to protect their servers
>Runners usually try to win by stealing agendas, which they do by running into and accessing the Corps' servers. They often build decks to have ways to get through the Corp's ICE, or disrupt the Corp so they can't score agendas easily
>in tournaments, you're usually required to play both sides

Do you mean formats like commander and stuff?

Because it doesn't really have them - the closest it has is a couple limiting the expansions used in deckbuilding, but they're not massively popular

Played a small 3 man GNK today, brought a Magnum + Vamp Silhouette deck that had all the 1 influence cantrip cards in it + Exclusive Party so that it figuratively only has ~25 cards in it, and a somewhat rushy Skorpios deck with tagging upgrades + Ravens.

The Silhouette deck performed surprisingly well against glacier HB and CtM, it was built before Rosetta was released, and with the singleton Magnum, Cache Rosetta would definitely get that going a lot faster. Vamp and Exploit did surprisingly poor though, I couldn't find a good timing to use either of them, Exploit especially, which either had

Yeah, GRNDL Refinery is actually a very solid card, despite how little attention it got early.
Though Dedication helps enormously

Just a thought here, but if you want to go derez with Silhouette, just how much value do you think you could deride from her expose ability in conjunction with Rubicon Switch? I mean, there probably *is* value in knowing exactly how many credits you need to derez a piece of ICE before going somewhere, the question is how much?

Maybe in a deck with mammon, where you really need good information

Criminal is in a pretty interesting place right now. Lot of stuff to be explored if you're so inclined. Same with Anarch really. Am I the only one thinking Shapers got he short end of the stick this cycle? Not that the cards were bad, but didn't feel to me like they expanded the faction like the two others did.

And even some of the good ones can work better in other factions. Dummy Box in Anarch tag-me for one.

Still not as fun as ending Employee Strike with Housekeeping.

Which is better in that case though, Housekeeping, or Door to Door?

Housekeeping has a bit more of a sinister, "We fixed the glitch."

Door to Door is when Mark Yale puts a cigar out on the back of his accountant's hand and says, "Find them."

The only official format that isn't the full pool is Cache Refresh, which is essentially limited to 3 boxes (1 core + TD + big box) and latest 2 cycles.

Rather different and quite fun. Corp will be missing Jackson Howard though.

I think it would end up depending on your econ engine. If you're rich enough and moving fast enough that you can run HQ a few times and plot stuff out, then you'd definitely have enough leftover clicks to do Rubicon. Practically, it'll likely be targeting central ice, so the routine would be run HQ, reveal RnD ice, derez HQ ice, money up, run RnD, derez.

I don't think that Crims got any *new* options, but previous playstyles have been decently strengthened I think that players can try for more than just Siphon spam. Shapers definitely got some weird cards, looks like they're mostly improving Ayla decks, or rather, pre-existing types of decks in general.

I find it amusing that a curfew will end it just fine, but Housekeeping (or Door to Door) is much more satisfying, and has a bigger impact (though usually for less time)

Well, Crims did get a critical bit of support for the derez side of things, which does make what was previously a mediocre tactic fairly workable for the whole game, particularly for Los.

I really want to get into netrunner, it's just way more interesting than other card games. But I honestly don't know where to start. Are there any good starting points anyone could point me to? Where to start buying the cards as well.
Pretty much any help is appreciated

Start with the core set first, have your fill of fun with that and learn the basics with the default decks, then expand out by buying deluxes for your favourite faction, and maybe Terminal Directive. Then maybe aim for the Cache Refresh format which has a smaller card pool, or dive into the deep end and build decks with the entire card pool, proxying as necessary.

This pathway is usually the best, although Terminal Directive as the next purchase after the first core does give better support to 4/7 of the factions, which is nice if you intend to mostly play those anyway.

Umm where did those redesigned identity cards come from in the OP?

They're not official, someone just made them

Yeah, good to see it get a boost, though I hope they've learned from trashing and that we don't see much more for a while - no need to go overboard with it

Also can't wait for that last pack to drop if the translation was right, Weyland's going to have some fun

New Zealand meta is really interesting in that regard, their tournaments and events often include fanmade cards and playmats.

They also did this

Indeed, derezzing is probably less of a NPE then the usual destruction instead.

Wonder what you can do with Priority Construction, the space ice are obvious benefits, and probably some RPC shenanigans. Kind of hard to find the card slot though. Same with Fractal, though in a pure Skorpios single ETR deck those trashes will be scary.

I like that it works well with anything advancable (other than morph) - space ice is free, wonder ice is (parenthesised), and the rest is just stronger/has subs

I like that whatever the corp puts on the board using Priority Construction, the runner has to respect it. For all you know it could even be a non-advance able piece of ICE but you have to take into account all the ugly possibilities.

I'm thinking we're at a very interesting point with Crims and derez right now. The new cards are more costly than the old options - Crecentus and Emergency Shutdown - but the central pieces come with built-in repeatability attached, and the support and events make it so you're much more likely to do that often... if you can get the econ going.

Very interesting dynamic here between corp and runner spending given the slight power creep in econ war we've had.

Between this and Australia, the region seems like it has an awesome community. Nice to see from the outside at least.

I kinda miss CtM being omnipresent.

>play sunny
>3 security nexus
>3 rabbit holes
>3 power tap
>Citadel Sanctuary
>Jack Sainclair and Patron
>Scrubbers

This made Ctm cry.

how come no-one has leaked core 2.0 at gencon yet.

Isn't gencon in two weeks?

How do you make money off Nexus-Citadel if you are already at 6 link?

Really can't wait for whatever the fuck they are unveiling for ANR at gencon to be announced already.

Personally I hope it's not core 2.0 - though I heard x wing's core 2.0 works okay

This strikes me more of ken being a shit like he normally is rather than anything good

yes but why has nobody leaked that it is going to be revealed

by the way i only have quality hearsay this time around and not a full leak like the MWL, but i would personally be willing to put money down on a core 2.0 announcement at gencon.

i think everybody is tired of waiting on ffg to just announce their stuff already. i know i've been for a while, but then again i always was.

how many are of you are going to switch to l5r and shout some utzes and banzais at tournaments by the way?

Centrals and Data Ravens.
Also, really shitty players didn't realize there was a "may" on their ID.

We still don't even know what is "core 2.0". We can't even agree on what it is supposed to mean for the rest of the collection or the new players.

Anyway, I was superpumped for L5R but recently a certain community of players put together the cards already spoiled and have been playing it around here. It seems the game will play very similar to aGoT 2.0 LCG, according to them anyway. And that really put me off the hype. I never liked the way aGoT 2.0 LCG was played, although the plot cards were an interesting mechanic that I'd like to include in a campaign for Netrunner.

Not gonna switch to l5r.
Netrunner might not be perfect but, with the MWL and the power creep finally hitting Weyland and Criminals, the games feels exceptionnally nice now.

>i think everybody is tired of waiting on ffg to just announce their stuff already

I think there's an uneasiness about the future of the game. For various reasons. Rotation being the big one. But L5R representing newer greener pasture is not totally unrelated. Then local issues about the state of the game and how to keep communities going in spite of erosion.

One thing that really bugs be with Netrunner is that, I don't know how things are elsewhere, but here for the most part people still play the game. Just not together. I don't think I have experienced a previous similar case. Generally the community thins as it centers more and more around the hardcore elements until they're the only ones left (I could see that from ONR and Jyhad to a slew of more recent games - Arkham being one). But here, we've lost a few people here and there, but for the most part, people still seem to play he game. Forming micro-communities with different card pools (some stopped upgrading at D&D - though many of those still got TD, others are planning to stop post Mars). But apart from sealed, the core competitive and few people like me testing weird decks, we talk more about the game than we play it at the club.

And to me the big thing is what is going to be left of the community once we have at least three big card pools that separate the community. Cache Refresh is a cute idea, but it automatically removes the people that have stopped upgrading, hence the lack of success locally I think. I really should ask about that now that I think of it.

While it is not ideal, one can still make workable CR decks with just the boxes (and proxies), so it can still be a bridge of sorts between different groups of players.

One would have thought even a 'leaked' card or 2 would generate much publicity, even if only to stop the further haemorrhage of current players.

My local LCG players are getting burnt out from physical and digital card games, they probably can't handle L5R as well. Only a few of us actually invest any time into Netrunner as well, the rest mostly play casually and don't even buy new expansions.

I would love to buy the L5R core set and play casually, but I don't think my wallet can handle LCG's much anymore. I'm running out of steam.

John Mas is neutral and he gives a tag if you deliberately fail runs, so that's one trace attempt at the very least.

Unless there are bonkers good cards in Carcosa, I suspect the number of players who bother getting that cycle after Dunwich is going to be somewhat lower then what FFG would like.

Not that bonkers good mean anything in non-competitive games anyway. I do wonder how low it will be though, probably still high enough to have printing issues I reckon.

They could probably support at least two more cycles (likely one featuring Great Cthulhu himself, and one featuring Shub-Niggurath), but loads of staples are already found in Dunwich, so probably only one of the playgroup would invest in a different cycle at best.

Would be interesting if Netrunner had some sort of co-op campaign. A bunch of hapless Runners trying to prevent one of the Great Megas from completing on of their Agendas would be a blast to play.

That could be interesting. Runners make run on increasingly dangerous servers trying to get in accesses and clues before the corp completes their (non-accessible) agenda, with more dangers popping up after certain thresholds, following the AHLCG format. Probably not too hard to come up with some sort of encounter deck thing for installing ice and playing operations.

Au ReSnitch's (very brief) best friend should be with us soon

That's the real reason for the wait! They're extending the cohabitation period by a few months so that the turtle may snitch in peace.

The hypothetical Core 2.0 could extend that rather brief period for a month more, assuming it does appear after GenCon.

>>cohabitation

Whatever Core 2.0 ends up bieng, I have a feeling some people will end up being disappointed.

They'll be if it's too much of a departure, they'll be if it's not enough. They'll be if there is no Core 2.0 at all.

I don't envy the designers their job on that one.

If core 2.0 isn't core with a campaign on the side I'm going to be disappointed

I agree. Expectations are running way high that it can "fix" the game. Realistically it won't happen, and I doubt there can be anything a single announcement will help to prevent disappointment. Personally I'd be plenty happy if it was an X-Wing Core 2.0 if at all, followed by heavy MWLing of the old core.

Capital Investors vs Long Term Investment, as run bait and as a credit source.

LTI's trash cost and if protected in a scoring remote could deter a trash and get decent credits, but a lot can happen in 4 turns. Meanwhile Investors is pretty much instant credits, but is very click intensive, and gets lost easily in RnD runs. Both provide decent incentives for making runs.

Thoughts?

I prefer LTI. Back when I tried CapInv I was dissatisfied with how click intensive it is. It's basically a trap you can fall in very easily. LTI and even CI Fund are much more my style.

The question is: what do you do with those clicks if you do not spend them on Capital Investors? If your deck is click intensive, is helped by having several bait run targets on the table, and can withstand the delayed nature of the payment, I can see Long Term Investment slotting decently well.

Say, in an Underway Renovation deck. Very click intensive, I'll often just leave the Casting Call-ed UR on the table as a Hunter Seeker enabler.

I'm still pretty much on the fence about LTI.For reasons similar to C.I Fund. I really enjoy like the possible very high variance of it, it's fun but the set up time means it's basically a dead cad if you draw it in the late game, and I don't think the pay off when you manage to make it pay - not easy feat either - is generally worth that.

I'd like to appreciate the fact that both of you have different approaches regarding the cards, which is interesting to see side by side.

Most archetypes have plenty of better ways to use clicks beyond clicking for credits I feel. With any archetype it's usually better to install or play cards, either to push the runner's limits or create a window to score. A typical deck would be installing ice, then try to score or do a thing when an opportunity arises. Asset spam wants to keep finding and installing cards. FA and Rush wants to either draw tools or agendas. You're basically deciding between advancing board state and getting an economical advantage (which on hindsight, really shows why EtF is so good), and not many decks (besides tag-n-bag) have their win condition based on just that, nor can I think of decks that have that much of a leeway on clicks.

That said though, in decks that can afford durdling and play or install a single, maybe two cards a turn, 2 credits a click is pretty decent. It will drain your resources and take up space if put in your scoring remote and you want it to last longer, but the latter can be said the same for LTI/C.I. as well.

How often do you take from Long-Term, and do you ever not take the full amount?

I haven't tried LTI yet. But since it saves me some clicks I prefer that option over the alternative.
I would just let credits pile up until I need them or something. Just like with CIFund

God bless Adam S Doyle, FFG might not tell us anything until GenCon, but Adam sure is giving us something to chew on in the meantime.

>Aumakua, new card artwork out now for #Netrunner, from Fantasy Flight Games

>The reference is to Hawaiian mythology. "ʻAumākua are intimate members of the human family, spiritual relationships with them are especially close and their presence is sought for feast and festivity, as well as in time of crisis. They act as healers and advisors, counteracting troubles and punishing faults." - J. Gutmanis

Oh shit, english Crimson Dust!

Yeah, he's one of the best artists for it, up there with Liiga for putting his new stuff up

Is that you with that pack user?
I'd love to see the proper text (there was a little confusion over some translations) and the flavour text

No, that's literally Adam S Doyle spoiling cards in his facebook page. I thought you knew because Aumakua.

I got it off Instagram/his art site

why the small Nah Notek anyway?

Instagram's a bitch some times - how'd you get it bigger?

I reverse-googled your image. It looked odd that FFG seal and Adam signature were so small.

I forgot Proco had an alt

I love that Mongoose alt-art, it's absolutely adorable.

That mongoose is cute!
Desperado's also looking good, for Desperado

I hope these pics turn up online - previous cool art for a Dutch event has. Can't see the artist name there.

What are the problems in netrunner that everyone thinks need to be fixed?
I hear a lot of talk about everything ffg does is hoped to fix the game, but I'm relatively new so I'm not sure what they actually are.

Is there any way that I can grab better quality images of those cards?
Alternatively if there is a template for full art netrunner cards?
People definitely have them but they seem to be impossible to just find online, you have to actually just ask someone that already has them.

Shiny! Thanks for the new illustrations.

So why can you only use Mongoose once per run anyway?

Oh... so that's why..."

Always interesting to see how our own preferences and idiosyncrasies shape our readings.
I for one don't mind high-variance cards if the risk is worth it when it lands. Trouble is it's very hard to balance given some people automatically equate losing to a high-impact high variance strategy with NPE. Intrinsically.

The official wording turns it into a pretty decent card with multi-access or stacked upgrades, neat. Synergy with Datasucker makes it even better. Still pretty hard to top Mammon though.

How does multi-access change anything?
I mean, there's even a potentially negative impact of sort as the more cards you access at once, the more likely you are to hit one you'll steal or have to trash. By which point no counter.

Interestingly though, multi-expose cards do give one counter per card exposed. That's just Satellite Uplink for now. Hmmm.

Probably too inelegant to play from a purely physical standpoint, which is too bad because I'm liking the base idea: "Expose all unrezed pieces of ICE. The corp may then rearrange any of the exposed ICE."

The human brain has the tendency to interpret stuff in the best way possible, and I'm a victim. Sorry about that. Multi-expose instead does seem fun, maybe that mechanic will get a buff after this.

No apologies needed, I was just confused myself. Thought I had missed something for a moment.