Kobold PCs

Kobold PCs.

Can they work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hgi_YPxE5Kk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dunno how you'd fit a graphics card, CPU and mother board into one but I'm sure it's possible.

trolling aside

a kobold cyborg sounds neat.

Gotta stuff and mount it first.
heh

Yes. If done right they can be extremely fun.

I have a kobold Mac. It's pretty awesome but a bit weak

Have they been checked by EVerify?

I don't like White Dragon brand Kobold PCs. I go all Red. They tend to be built out of sturdier stuff.

>They tend to be built out of sturdier stuff.
Also they're gayer than Mardi Gras in San Fran.

People who want to play vermin races are banned from my table.
This includes but isn't limited to kobolds, goblins and kender.

i mean, with enough lube...

Where exactly did this stereotype come from? I hear it a lot.

There used to be a meme of a red kobold being a sex slave and being "male enough to satisfy" and from there it blossomed into all red kobolds being fags

.....sauce?

Not him, but I have seen that post. This was the picture that came with it.

Thanks.

Also a less than savoury version of this

kys furfags

Double thanks. This one had an artist signature. Was able to find the originals.

So I was thinking about making a "vermin" type character who fell in love with cooking and becomes a Cleric of whatever god has cooking in its domain.

Like, high-class Chef For Nobility type.

Would kobolds work for that, or something like ratfolk work better? The idea is that some trader gave his group some cheapass spices and the character fell in love - and his reason for adventuring is to find new spices and recipes.

Ratatouille is the best Pixar film

I was actually inspired from some writefaggotry on here where a guy kept running into chef masters and having to beat them at their focuses.

Started off with the Cast Iron Chef's apprentice, then the Sultan of Spice, then a whole bunch of others.

Either way I like the idea.

As long he isn't a red kobold.

It's more of a lightish red.

Well, I hope homosexuality is accepted in your setting

Kobolds would be perfect - but you could also go with druid if you want a cook - using magic to conjure up ingredients

I want to snuggle with a kobold on a cold night in the same tent under the same blanket and have a tail wrapped around my leg.

Seek professional help.

Not sure if it matters for this character anyhow.

Huh. I didn't consider druid. I was thinking either Ranger or Cleric, especially if I take the Brew Potions feat and convince the DM to let me use it not for potions but for foodstuffs.

Like, the "Cheese Danish of Cure Light Wounds". Scarf that down, gain 1d8+3 HP back.

>Not sure if it matters for this character anyhow.
Well he is a red kobold, isn't he?

Why? Reptiles are nice to hold, especially when they realize that mammals are naturally warm

Yeah, but focused on cooking. Probably could get him to bed if you promised him some rare spices or something, but is probably instead having a serious relationship with his cookware.

That and I don't ERP when I tabletop.

Anyone have any experience with kobold PCs?

I played a Kobold Rogue for a few sessions in 4e before one of the players became a giant pissbaby and crashed the campaign forever

Venerable Dragonwrought Loredrake Kobold Sorcerer.

So yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=hgi_YPxE5Kk

Exactly.

I played one. I played him in the only campaign that I've seen to completion so far. It was a shitload of fun for myself and everyone involved. He was a rogue, and acted like a petty shithead, which started more than a few amusing spats in-character. I've also been told that the levels of synergy and friendliness amongst my D&D group is uncommon, so much so that I'm apparently "living the dream", so my experience may not be reflective of the typical groups most folks are familiar with.

So yeah, in reply to OP, I'd say Kobold PCs can work, but I personally think that literally any and all ideas one could concoct would work, given the right context of players, DM, the campaign itself, and- most importantly,- your own inclinations.

>Probably could get him to bed if you promised him some rare spices or something
Good to know

>Probably could get him to bed if you promised him some rare spices or something
Noted

For his class, what's your edition? Because depending on edition, there might be alternatives - for example, in 5e, you could consider giving him the Artificer - Alchemist class, where all his "alchemical tricks" represent literally magical recipes or ingredients he's found.

Tanglefoot bag? Animated spaghetti.
Acid vial? Super-sour fruit juice.
Alchemist's fire? Blazing inferno hellfire hot sauce.
Healing potion? Your latest super-tasty concoction.

Just a thought.

That varies with what kobolds are like in the specific setting.

With a vigilant overseer and sturdy whip, they will.

Yes